Friday 15 June 2018

Layering Tees Over Maxi Dresses With Balenciaga Bags (Plus Updated Handbag Collection Video)

Layering a tee over a maxi dress is a nice way to add just a touch of warmth to your outfit, and to change up the look of a dress you wear frequently. I've been wearing my tees over maxi dresses a lot lately! I've also been wearing my Balenciaga bags often too, and for those who are interested I've shared an updated video of my collection below!

What I wore:

maxi dress layered with cropped tee and denim jacket, yellow Balenciaga envelope clutch | awayfromblue

Balenciaga envelope clutch in 2012 mangue with giant 12 RGGH mixed metal bracelet stack | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram layering maxi dress with a tee and denim jacket, yellow Balenciaga clutch
EarringsA Little Bit of North blue mandala earrings (giveaway prize, close up photo)
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Necklace: Lovisa gold filigree heart pendant
TeeAtmos & Here Avery marle tee in navy
DressJeanswest 'Elodie' tie dye grey jersey maxi dress (worn as skirt)
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
Bracelets: the usual plus Disney Couture Winnie the Pooh bangle
BagBalenciaga envelope clutch in 2012 mangue with giant 12 RGGH

Why I wore it:

Wouldn't change a single thing about this outfit - I loved it all! We went down the coast for a family birthday celebration. It was a warm day but I thought it might get cooler at night, as I picked my denim jacket to layer with. With the blue tee and grey tie dye maxi dress, I thought that this yellow Balenciaga envelope clutch would be a fun pop of colour.

The night didn't go quite how I expected. We were out in the morning and got back late, which meant nap time was late, which meant we were late for heading down the coast, so that we were badly affected by the traffic. I managed to find a rather roundabout route to avoid the traffic and get there in the end though, and even if we didn't get to spend a relaxing afternoon together as planned we did manage to get there in time to enjoy dinner, which was good.

The little gold touches though this outfit worked so nicely together I thought, with the gold mouse flats, heart necklace and bracelet complimenting the Balenciaga envelope clutch. Even if the clutch did stay in the baby bag for most of the night! Mum life 😅


Last worn: denim jacket, navy tee, tie dye maxi dress, gold mouse flats, Balenciaga envelope clutch.

Other ways to weardenim jacket and skinny jeans, navy tee and printed shorts, tie dye maxi dress and purple cardi, gold mouse flats and wrap dress, Balenciaga envelope clutch and printed jeans.

Perfect for pregnancydenim jacket in second trimester, tie dye maxi dress at 38 weeks, gold mouse flats in second trimester, Balenciaga envelope clutch in third trimester.



My Complete Balenciaga Handbag Collection




Yes, I have a lot of Balenciaga bags!



What I wore:

grey tee knotted over coral floral maxi dress with Balenciaga day bag | away from blue

awayfromblue instagram knotting a grey tee over a floral maxi dress
EarringsJeanswest Evy dangly earring
Necklace: Uniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace
Tee: Spectrum basic v-neck tee in grey marl
Dress: Kmart Tropicana sleeveless tiered maxi dress (worn as skirt)
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

Another tee over a maxi dress, another Balenciaga bag! As you can see from the video above, I have a lot of Balenciaga bags in my wardrobe. I love this tempete Balenciaga day bag, such a unique colour.

Wore this for a blogger date with Rachel from A Nesting Nomad. Now living in Sydney, she was up in Brisbane for the weekend and we took the opportunity to catch up and go grab a yummy gluten free brownie together. After a bit of a tough week, I was looking forward to a couple of kid free hours, but unexpectedly had to take the boys along with me. I regretted the long dangly earrings with the boys grabbing and tugging at them often. They were quite boisterous too, but Rachel was a sweetheart about it! So very sweet!

I did like this outfit, despite the earrings not being a very kid-friendly choice, as it was good to come up with another way to wear this beautiful summer dress and make it work for cooler weather.


Last worn: grey tee, floral maxi dress, Havaianas, Balenciaga tempete day bag.

Other ways to weargrey tee and printed kimono, floral maxi dress in winter, Balenciaga tempete day bag and swing dress.

Perfect for pregnancygrey tee in second trimester, Balenciaga tempete day bag in third trimester.



Maxi Dresses Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:


If you have a tee you love and a maxi dress you love, wear them together! If your tee is cropped it might sit perfectly over your dress, as you can see in the first outfit. If your tee is a little longer, you can knot it like the second outfit to have it sit at just the right point.




Linking up with Lizzie In Lace, Friday Faves, Shoe & Tell, Mix It Monday, On Mondays We Link Up, Modest Monday, Confident Twosday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

69 comments:

  1. Hi Mica
    I've never worn a tee this way, I usually wear underneath the dress, but in fashion there are no rules and we can dress the way we like the most, I liked the first look, I liked to see with the denim jacket.
    And, yes, the kids love to play with their mother's earrings, it's good that you had the help of your friend ahahah


    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    kisses

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's good to try layering it in a different way! :)

      Delete
  2. As always, very cute looks. My fave is the first outfit with denim :)

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice kind of little bit boho look- so comfy at the same time xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both outfits. The bags are so cute. I love the yellow clutch you wore with the first outfit. The heart pendant was such a nice accessory. I do like the colours in the both outfits. The combo of red and grayish tones in the second outfit is lovely. It's always fun to see you layer tees over maxi dresses. Seems like you had fun on your blogger date. Sorry to hear you've caught a winter bug, hope you feel better soon. Take time to rest, I think that's always the best cure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana! I am feeling better now! :)

      That clutch is such a fun pop of colour!

      Delete
  5. Dear Mica, it is a great idea to wear a shirt over a maxi dress as it makes look the maxi dress different and you get additionally some warmth! How wonderful you were that happy with your first outfit and despite the tangling earrings you were also satisfied with the second look. I like both!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look cute in these looks! That yellow bag is simply amazing..
    Lovely post! <3
    Beauty and Fashion Freaks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both outfits! I really like how on the second outfit you did a twist knot with your tee. I've been really into that lately! And I am so impressed with your Balenciaga collection!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've been loving knotting my tees lately too!

      Delete
  8. I hope you feel better soon. Blogger date are so much fun. I haven't been on one is year. have a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really fun to meet up with people in real life instead of behind the screen!

      Delete
  9. layering the tees over the dresses is such a clever way to get more wear out of dresses while keeping them looking freshly styled.
    http://iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to have a different way to wear them! :)

      Delete
  10. Love both looks! You make layering so chic!
    Have a wonderful weekend, love!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you wore this tee over the dress because the dresses actually end up looking like skirts, so cool! Beautiful collection of bags too.

    xx,
    Tania
    https://inspiremyfancy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both outfis suit you perfectly Mica.
    The combination of a shirt over the maxi dress is so cool. Definetly have to keep this in mind.
    Lovely looks.

    take a look at my Blog and my Instgram

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each of these is adorable, but I am LOVING the variety of blues with the pop of gold in the first outfit - just perfection!

    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both the looks are so cute. I love the maxi skirt in the second outfit. It is so cool.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both of these looks! That tie dye dress is so pretty. I adore how you styled it!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how it adds such a casual vibe! Love the first one in particular and love the look of the denim jacket! Really pretty!

    KHVDIJA | http://www.khvdija.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic 💞💞💞

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a great idea. It not only gives you a whole new look, but it's great for covering up from the sun or cold too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a great little extra layer against the weather conditions! :)

      Delete
  19. Wow girl, you have heaps of Balenciagas! I admit this is the most functional bag, the one that you can take to work and fits everything. You're doing really good videos too. Wishing you a fun weekend!

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I do have quite a few Balenciaga bags!

      Delete
  20. I love the yellow clutch with that first outfit, Mica!! To me, that's the best way to add a punch of color to any outfit!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. So awesome how you wore these dresses as skirts, Mica:) Looking great as always. And so lovely to hear that you were able to meet up with a blogger friend:) I bet having the boys there made it more exciting...can totally relate:D
    Hope you're having a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, the difficulties of trying to find time to yourself as a mum!

      Delete
  22. I loved the post and the look, I thought it was beautiful. your blog is wonderful that I'm already following. kisses
    https://beperes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey this is a good idea! Never thought of this. So I can get more use out of my maxis.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cute idea to wear the tee over the dress! I love out of the box ideas like these. You look ready for the weekend in this look, too! Enjoy!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looking absolutely gorgeous girl! I love the idea of wearing a tee over a dress, such a stylish summery twist on an outfit. So perfect, the vibe and style is so street and pretty, you rock both outfits so well. Maxi dresses are always a good idea and I love the layering in both looks. Utterly stunning! Your Balenciaga collection is total goals too. All the gorgeous! <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you! I do love my Balenciaga bags!

      Delete
  26. Love your handbag collection girl! They are gorgeous and love the way you styled them!!
    xo
    S
    The Grey Canvas

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both outfits are gorgeous! I am still learning how to layer my outfits but I am slowly getting there!

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a different way to do it that I've only tried recently! I think there's always new ideas in fashion :)

      Delete
  28. I love the golden touches in your first outfit as I'm all about the golden pieces when it comes to accessories. Also, the yellow clutch adds such a lovely summery touch. Loving the idea of a tee over a maxi dress for any day of the week!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I stopped wearing long ear rings altogether, only studs now with the kids.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the safer choice around little ones!

      Delete
  30. I really like this idea of wearing a tee over a dress because I have a few tees and I want to layer them over a light dress because you know it's humid here! I hope you are doing well there Mica! It has been a while since I last stopped by. You look really lovely in this outfit that I'd so wear myself! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shanaz! :) Hope you do get to try this outfit idea out :)

      Delete
  31. Hi Mica,both looks are fabulous. I adore how you were creative with the tee. ...perfect idea going into the cooler months! As always, your handbag selection was perfect. The earrings were a cute distraction:)

    I hope you had a great weekend and I pray a blessed new week!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Can't go wrong with a balenciaga bag (or five!)

    -Didier
    www.didieryhc.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful summerly look! I love it.

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love this yellow clutch. It is pop of color with your outfit . Looking great as usual ! Love
    Have a great weekend.

    www.chez-rama.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is such a great way to wear a tee. I am obsessed with both of these bags!

    http://whatmakesmesmileblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. The tees over dresses are so cute! What a great way to transition them to cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love how your first outfit came out! I might even be able to replicate that myself with my one maxi dress that I have and never wear haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hope it inspires you to give your maxi dress a wear! :)

      Delete
  38. Love the yellow clutch as a pop of color. I think it compliments the denim so well! https://mariannyc.com/2018/06/13/fathers-day-gift-guide/

    ReplyDelete
  39. You look very stylish and comfortable: D Regards :*

    www.windowtothebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Cool chic look Mica.
    I always love your maxi dresses.

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  41. Layering is good and can be a life saver! If I have a day to night errand, I would layer my outfit so that I don't have to prepare another outfit or waste the time!

    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Both outfits are great hun and that yellow bag is super cute!

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I think both outfits are winners here, but you are so right about the first outfit--every element is perfect! I think this may be my favorite way you've styled that maxi dress. I love it. Bummer about the domino effect of everything getting off to a late start--I've definitely been there. I'm glad you were able to have a nice dinner though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it happens too often with kids, being late for everything, ha! It's one of my favourites too, I really enjoyed this outfit!

      Delete
  44. My fave here is the one with the denim jacket and the yellow clutch ! Such a chic bag.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I can't say I have ever worn a tee over a maxi dress, but in fairness I rarely wear maxi dresses at all! Love the Balenciaga clutch!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, I wear them so much I try to think of new ways to wear them to change it up a little!

      Delete
  46. Thanks all for your comments - glad I could present a new layering idea to some of you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...