Monday 7 March 2016

Plain Maternity Tanks, Printed Pencil Skirts, Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere: Third Trimester Office Wear

I'd fallen into a rut of wearing wrap dresses to the office, so tried to make a little bit of effort and wear my maternity pencil skirts for a change. I do love these skirts, and wore them a lot in my last pregnancy, but this time around I've been so uninspired with facing the summer heat in the third trimester that dresses have just seemed easier!

What I wore:

Away From Blue | Third Trimester Office wear maternity tank printed pencil skirt blazer

AwayFromTheBlue | Baby Bump Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere
NecklaceHouse of Harlow sunburst necklace in silver and grey (on sale here!)
SingletJeanswest maternity tank in white
SkirtAsos maternity graphic print pencil skirt (non-maternity version here)
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

It was a slightly cooler morning so I got excited and wore a jacket. While I liked the extra print mixing it brought to my outfit, I quickly realised that it was still much too hot for wearing layers, and regretted my decision a little.

By the time I went to my OB's appointment in the afternoon, I'd had my jacket off for a while!


Last wornjacquard blazer, white maternity tank, graphic print pencil skirt, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere.

Other ways to wear: jacquard blazer and a little black dresswhite maternity tank and denim shorts, graphic print pencil skirt and a grey tee, black ballet flats and skinny jeans, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere and winter layers.



More maternity pencil skirts under $100:







What I wore:

Away From Blue | Third trimester black tank tartan pencil skirt bright statement necklace outfit

AwayFromTheBlue | JORD fieldcrest black wood watch, LV speedy bandouliere 30 damier ebene
Necklace: Eye Candy LA 'Sasha' statement necklace
TankJeanswest Carla maternity cut out tank (non-maternity version)
SkirtAsos maternity panelled pencil skirt in tartan check (non-maternity version here)
Shoes:  Marc by Marc Jacobs studded mouse flats in grey (on sale in black)
Bracelets: the usual plus JORD black Fieldcrest wood watch (C/O)
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

Kept things much simpler with this outfit - no extra layer, I added a statement necklace for a bit of interest instead. I've worn this necklace and tank together before - I love the way the colours look against the black.

I felt really happy and confident in this outfit all day - even though it's just a simple maternity tank and pencil skirt outfit. An outfit doesn't have to be overly fancy or complex to make you feel good :)


Last worn: laser cut detail tank, Asos maternity tartan pencil skirt, studded mouse flats, Louis Vuitton Speedy bandouliere (above).

Other ways to wearlaser cut detail tank and denim shorts, tartan pencil skirt and a grey tee, studded mouse flats and shorts, Louis Vuitton Speedy bandouliere and denim shorts.






Linking up with Let It Shine, Shoe and Tell, Modest Monday, Hello Monday, Mix It Monday, On Trend, Style Sessions, Turning Heads, Confident Twosday, What I Wore to Work.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

58 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your statement necklace! You look beautiful!

    www.wunderbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jacket looks so sophisticated and chic - such a shame it was too hot to keep it on all day but the rest of the outfit looks fab anyway! Also loving your accessories in the second look - that necklace is beaut! x

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! It is a great jacket, it will get a lot more wear when it cools down for sure!

      Delete
  3. Those are both great skirts & love how you styled them for work! That bag is such a classic versatile piece! Have a great day:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you look so chic and stylish in both of these looks! The second one is my favorite, as I really like the clean and simple lines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the second picture the best. The skirt looks great with the black top and necklace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite skirt of the two as well! :)

      Delete
  6. Love the navy checked skirt, Looks great! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fall for you will be here before you know it! Unfortunately that will come after you're really pregnant, but none the less a nice relief for you! Sometimes the best outfits are made of simple closet staples. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes they are predicting it will cool down at least, after my due date! So we will see!

      Delete
  8. Mica, you are a rockin mum! I love the prints of those skirts. Look very good on you.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both outfits are lovely as always. These pencil skirts both seem like great and versatile pieces! I hope it gets a little cooler soon. It mustn't be comfortable to have a heatwave while in your third trimester :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the most comfortable, but won't be for much longer! :)

      Delete
  10. At least your layer was easily removable! I hate days when I end up wearing a sweater only to realize it's way to hot :/ You look cute in both looks!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep I've done that before! A jacket is easier to remove! :)

      Delete
  11. I really like the shoes in your second look!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple and chic as always! You look great.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these looks are great on you! I love the print mixing in the first look, and the second look is so chic and put-together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love the first outfit Mica, you look lovely. I'm sure you're ready for the little one to arrive very soon. Great necklace as well. Have a lovely new week. x/Madison
    + Style + Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are such lovely pairings you've shared here, Mica! I especially love look #2, the necklace is so gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you have a great week ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thstylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the second outfit! I mean the first is great too, but the white would give me anxiety. But the second, yes, that's a winner. I love the necklace, and the bag contrasting but kind of going with the patterns. I'm hoping your third trimester is continuing to go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes so far I'm just happy I haven't stained this white top! :)

      Delete
  17. They both look lovely on you! It's always fab when you feel confident in an outfit!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the second outfit! The black with the pop of color from the necklace really looks good. And it's good to hear that you felt really confident in it! Whenever an outfit makes me feel like that I never switch it up lol.

    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's awesome to have something to wear that makes you feel great!

      Delete
  19. Heya! Sorry I've been super slow with all things in the blogosphere. You still look so wonderful!! I love both outfits and that bag you have in both is to die for! Hope you're still feeling well and such! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Lauren! Real life is more important than blogging :)

      Delete
  20. Oh, wow! I love those skirts so much!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVING that blazer in your first look!!


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Today's Post: Chic Neutrals...

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like the mix of patterns and textures in the first outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the both outfit on you! great style!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving the printed skirts!!
    xxDora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love both looks. That jacket is so classy! I wish we had warmer weather here.
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I'm wishing for autumn weather here, haha!

      Delete
  26. Both looks are so classic. I love the mix of textures in the first look. You are always so good at that!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. Can't blame you for throwing on that jacket in the first outfit, it's so cute!!!

    Jess | FashionByCommittee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great jacket, if a little too warm to wear on that day!

      Delete
  28. Such a great bag, lady! Love me some LV!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look amazing in this skirt.
    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I totally agree, sometimes the simples outfits make you feel like a million bucks.
    The issue is finding THOSE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it can be a lot of trial and error!

      Delete
  31. Both patterned skirts are beautiful, and I love the second colourful necklace!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look super chic!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am still loving both of those necklaces so hard. The jazzy coloured one with the black tank is so perfect! I have lots of statement necklaces but I never seem to have the right neckline to go with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the second one is perfect as it goes with everything I've tried it with! :) Such a great gift from my bestie :)

      Delete
  34. great skirts!!!! love the geometric patterns!

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm surprised you Queenslander's even wear jackets hehehe! I love that you've brought back skirts, I feel you about the heat. Dresses are just so much easier.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I don't wear jackets too often!

      Delete
  36. Love the pencil skirts, a fun change and I see your little pup in the background trying to get in on the action. Love the jewelry too!
    Thanks for linking up to turning heads tuesday!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, sometimes he likes to come out and see what's going on! :)

      Delete
  37. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Cutest jacquard jacket and I love the second outfit, very classy and elegant! XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
  39. You look gorgeous!!

    Hope you’re having a Fabulous Sunday! Kisses,
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  40. I agree, an outfit doesn't have to be complicated to make you feel great. You look great in both outfits. I adore those graphic B+W patterned pencil skirts. I am in love and want both necklaces and also that stunning boucle Chanel-like jacket. =)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...