Wednesday 24 February 2016

Jeanswest Maternity Bermuda Denim Shorts, Singlets, Kimonos and Rebecca Minkoff Mini MACs

Because you can never have too much of a good thing...continuing with my summer pregnancy outfit formula. Maternity denim shorts, singlets and printed kimonos. And my cross body Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC bags for hands-free toddler T wrangling. Despite only wearing these maternity shorts a few times in my last pregnancy, experiencing the third trimester during summer has meant I've been wearing them a lot this time!

What I wore:

Away From Blue | Third Trimester Australia Day Summer green and gold outfit

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers (on sale!)
Jacket: Cotton On 'Gemma' cocoon kimono in Laos blossom navy print
NecklaceHouse of Harlow gold multi-strand necklace
TankJeanswest maternity tank in sea glass
ShortsJeanswest maternity rolled up shorts
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual plus House of Harlow gold multi-strand bracelet
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather

Why I wore it:

I wore this for Australia day (I'm just very behind with blogging!). We had our annual Australia day BBQ the weekend before, as DH had to work on the day. We had a quiet one at home, spending some time with the in-laws in the afternoon.

Wanted to wear some green and gold to mark the occasion, so this gold House of Harlow necklace and bracelet set came in useful against the green maternity tank. And of course the aquamarine mini MAC bag as I love how it looks with green.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, floral kimono, green maternity singlet, Jeanswest long maternity shorts, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC.

Other ways to wearfloral kimono and a statement necklace, green maternity singlet and LV speedy BJeanswest maternity shorts with a non-maternity teeRebecca Minkoff aquamarine mini MAC with yellow.


More printed kimonos under $50:






What I wore:

Away From Blue | Jeanswest maternity tank Bermuda denim shorts red choices kimono

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC bag
JacketChoies red vintage pattern kimono
NecklaceRoie Designs feather, quartz and love charm long necklace
TankJeanswest maternity tank in white
ShortsJeanswest maternity rolled up shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

This outfit was a little less thought out than the first one! Had to pop out to get some groceries and pick up some medicine for an unwell toddler T. While I do love my boyfriend denim maternity shorts, these Bermuda ones are the most comfortable and so they were an obvious choice to wear again. And a printed kimono and plain maternity singlet again too. Simple summer third trimester dressing.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer (above), red printed kimono, white maternity tank, Jeanswest denim maternity shorts (above), Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC.

Other ways to wear: printed kimono and a maxi skirt, white maternity tank in the office,  denim maternity shorts and a striped teeRebecca Minkoff mini MAC for a dinner date.






Linking up with What I Wore, Oh Hey Girl, Style Me Wednesday, Fashion Files, Throwback Thursday, Fabulous Friday, #StalkHerStyle, Passion For Fashion.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

45 comments:

  1. I always love your bright colors! Looking fabulous girl!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mica,
    Happy late Australia day!
    I like how in both cases yo matched your tanks perfectly with the bags :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena! We had a lovely Australia day :) The bags do kind of coordinate with my tanks - haha!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the kimono look Mica! So stylie and comfortable. I never thought of that look with my babies xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been great this summer to add a little extra interest to a singlet and shorts outfit! :) And Kimonos always fit ;)

      Delete
  4. Once you find something good that works, why not stick with it?! And this is a great combo. I always like seeing what fun bag you add too.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! If it works, why change it? haha!

      Delete
  5. I really love the print of that second kimono! So pretty! And teal really suits you!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that green & blue together Mica. Looks so pretty on you. Comfort is key girl! You're at the homestretch now! I bet you can't wait! I hope the little one is feeling better.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. He's feeling much better now. And yep, not long to go! :)

      Delete
  7. I love those purses, so cute! I also love your floral kimono.

    XO Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, perfect outfit formulas are made to repeat. Honestly, I've worn the same outfit formula all week out of pure laziness. (; Dressy tee, long cardigan, black pants, and flats. Because sometimes staying to a certain look just works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! If something works, tweak it a little and wear it again! :) I'm such a fan of outfit formulas, especially wile pregnant! :)

      Delete
  9. I'm loving your Kimono girlie,

    >.< Raven
    http://simplesassysultry.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute looks! I love the first one so bright and fun!

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  11. The post is fantastic! I love it so much!:)
    Have a nice day!

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your outfit combinations! You manage to wear comfy outfit and end up looking so chic! Sea glass colour suits you, it brings out your eye colour! :)

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ela! I've enjoyed having a reason to wear more green, didn't wear it a lot before!

      Delete
  13. Sp cheerful mama!! Great color combo with the green and blue and you have the BEST RM bag collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great outfits, and I tend to love kimonos anyway so I think they are always a great idea. :) The Roie Designs necklace with the feather is so adorable.
    Music Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are always a good idea! :) And it is a lovely necklace - I wear it a lot as it goes with so much!

      Delete
  15. Love all of your accessories! And I alwaysss repeat outfit patterns I love:) That feather necklace is gorgeous!
    Emily
    Darling, Dearest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep repeating outfits comes in helpful! :)

      Delete
  16. I love the kimono look! You look so stylie and comfortable - nailed it xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your kimonos are so pretty. I'm on the lookout for a good pair of maternity shorts. I have a few months before I will really need them but the later half of my pregnancy will be in the summer so a comfortable fit will be key.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with finding a pair! I love Jeanswest, they were the first ones I tried as I love their non-maternity range and they are so perfect I've never looked elsewhere. Worth trying a few to find what works for you! :)

      Delete
  18. Both of your kimonos are so pretty! I love the blue one paired with the green bag! That feather necklace is a fun accessory!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great accessory, I wear it so often! :)

      Delete
  19. It's a good uniform to have, and lots of kimonos to mix things up keeps it fresh. Love your feather necklace too.
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the extra layer of the kimono makes a difference I think, and adds some extra colour :)

      Delete
  20. That green is lovely! That's one of my favourite colours :) It really suits you too.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to wear much of it, it's good to have come up with new ways to wear it in my pregnancy.

      Delete
  21. Ooh I love that minty green bag, so fun! Your feather necklace is so pretty too. I love how you spice up a basic tank + shorts combo with fun accessories and kimonos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm a big fan of accessories! :) And kimonos, haha!

      Delete
  22. I am seriously loving the green! That's so fresh and pretty!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  23. Summer and being pregnant! Those two for me I feel like don't mix! But what do I actually know! Those shorts of yours actually look really comfortable and versatile too.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I certainly am feeling the heat a lot more! I was in my second trimester last time it wasn't so bad. Lots of time in the pool is helping! :)

      Delete
  24. The kimono adds such a great touch to your look!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such great summer maternity style! Your navy kimono looks so pretty against your green tank and denim. Fabulous way to add extra style to a tank and shorts. Hope baby T is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) He's feeling much better now

      Delete
  26. I'm sorry but I'm totally in awe of your bag collection!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you all for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love everything about the printed kimono & Bermuda shorts maternity outfits! I'm in the US and I'll be going through my third trimester during the hot summer months with my second pregnancy. I would love to buy the Cotton On Gemma Kimono in Laos Blossom to get me through the summer months! Would you mind my asking where you purchased it? I don't have a local Cotton On store. I've been searching the Internet but can't find that print. You're outfits are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your pregnancy! :)

      Sadly it's an old kimono! You might have luck on ebay? I picked it up last year in the boxing day sales.

      Delete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...