Saturday 22 September 2018

Vloggers Catch Up Video: Striped Tees and Skinny Jeans With Colourful Rebecca Minkoff Bags

Exciting post today, sharing my usual two outfits and my first video collaboration with a brand! I mentioned before I got talking to a brand I love at the bloggers brunch and so I featured them in a video when I went to catch up with some other vlogging mums. Unfortunately, I didn't love my outfits as much as I loved catching up with my YouTube friends, I ended up regretting my outfit choices.

What I wore:

coca cola logo stripe tee skinny jeans black cardi louis vuitton cobalt scarf red avery bag | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag on arm with black | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram | vlogger meet up outfit skinny jeans cardigan stripe tee colourful accessories
JacketCotton On black knit wrap cardigan
ScarfLouis Vuitton monogram shawl in bleu
Tee: thrifted navy stripe Coca-Cola logo tee
JeansJeanswest prima denim super skinny jeans in absolute black
Shoes: Kmart sparkly silver glitter sneakers
BagRebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag

Why I wore it:

Wasn't sure what kind of day it would be, so I took the opportunity to wear all the layers! The boys and I headed to New Farm park for an Australian Vlogging Mums catch-up. We were going to be sitting by the water and it was a cold morning so cosy pieces seemed like a great idea. By the time we reached the park it was much warmer. I left the scarf in the car, and the cardigan came off and on through the morning, spending most of the time just in jeans and a tee.

I thought this little red Rebecca Minkoff Avery bag was a cute touch with the red logo on the tee, and it also fits nicely inside the baby bag to help reduce the number of bags I had to carry on the way back to the car.

I did regret wearing the glitter shoes. They were comfortable and I thought they'd be fun, but they did get a little dirty. Not as dirty as the new shoes I put on the boys before they got up to their mischief though! You can see what I mean in the video. Bad shoe choices for the whole family there!


Last worn: black cardigan, Louis Vuitton shawl, striped tee, Prima skinny jeans, glitter shoes, Rebecca Minkoff micro avery bag.

Other ways to wearblack cardigan and a little grey dress, Louis Vuitton shawl and pencil skirt, striped tee worn two ways, Prima skinny jeans and teal top, glitter shoes and green jeans, Rebecca Minkoff micro avery bag and black maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancyblack cardigan and hidden baby bump, Prima skinny jeans in second trimester.


Brisbane Aussie Vlogging Mums Catch-Up:

(and a special collaboration with Cobs!)



See the other vlogs from the event: Rachelle Glendon's, Mel from For The love of Sorted and Kakie's vlog life.




What I wore:

purple cardi bag and scarf with monochrome silver and grey foil stripe tee mum weekend outfit | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram | saturday style glitter shoes grey skinny jeans silver foil stripe tee purple cardigan mini MAB tote
JacketJeanswest Peggie kimono cardigan in purple mulberry marle
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl Family tree scarf in blue and navy (c/o)
TeeJeanswest Anika foil stripe tee in white and silver
JeansJeanswest Cecile dove grey skinny jeans
Shoes: Kmart sparkly silver glitter sneakers
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum

Why I wore it:

This day was not as fun as the one above! Similar outfit formula though, again with a striped tee, skinny jeans and those fun glittery shoes. I added the purple cardigan and blue scarf for some extra colour with all of the neutrals. Like the first outfit, I added a cute and colourful Rebecca Minkoff bag. This time my plum mini MAB tote.

The plan was for a relaxing Saturday with a swim lessons and grocery shopping, but plans quickly changed when the little one was unwell. Took him to the doctors where I again regretted my outfit choice.

Sick kids are messy, and I was wearing a white tee...which wasn't quite as white by the time the doctor called us through!

It was a nice outfit, just a bad day! Thankfully the doctor could give us some medicine to help.


Last worn: purple cardigan, Family Tree scarf, foil stripe tee, grey skinny jeans, silver glitter shoes (above), Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB.

Other ways to wearpurple cardigan and maxi dress, Family Tree scarf and blue knit, foil stripe tee and shorts, grey skinny jeans and printed camiglitter shoes and colourful jeans, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB and printed shorts.

Perfect for pregnancypurple cardigan in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB in third trimester.



Striped Tees Under $50:



How You Can Wear It:

Striped tees are a wardrobe staple! Paired with neutral skinny jeans, it's easy classic mum style. For extra interest and warmth you can add a colourful scarf as well as a fun bright handbag. Having a neutral outfit makes adding colourful pieces on top simpler as you don't have to worry about colours clashing.


Linking up with Mix It Monday, On Mondays We Link Up, Mummy Monday, Trend Spin, Style Sessions, Confident Twosday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

53 comments:

  1. I hope the little one is feeling better now. XOXO Anyhoo, I think both outfits work, even though the day might not have gone perfectly:) And that's so cool that you guys got to do this meetup. That part of the vid with the three kiddos playing in the mud...too funny:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Emmy. It was hilarious, and we decided to let them keep playing as you can always change their clothes later! He is feeling much better now too :)

      Delete
  2. The vlogging catch up looked like so much fun, Mica! The kids looked like they had heaps of fun too! ;) Both of your outfits look really comfy yet stylish. I really like the second outfit with your silver striped tee matching your silver shoes! Love the purple cardi and bag together and the scarf is so pretty too. I must try some of the popcorn too: it looks delicious! Hope you have a great weekend, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, they certainly had fun! :) The popcorn is tasty, hope you can try it! :)

      Delete
  3. Both of these outfits are really cute! A meet up sounds like a lot of fun and I'll have to watch your video because I'm sure it's great. I hope your little one is feeling better now, and have a great weekend!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kara! He is much better and I hope you enjoyed the video :)

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear your little one was unwell and glad the doctor helped. It is a great outfit formula. Striped tees are a classic.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it is hard to choose the right outfit for the weather and occasion. I understand why you regretted your outfit choices in the first look since the day ended up being too warm and the shoes got dirty. I face a similar dilemma in the morning, it's hard to guess accurately just how warm the day will be. Still, the outfit looks very nice and I think it looked lovely even without the cardi and the scarf. It is good that you layered it.

    I can understand why the white tee wasn't the best choice for that particular day, but it is still a cute outfit. Its good that your doctor had some medicine to help. I hope your son is feeling better now.

    Have a great weekend!

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana. Yes, It's been tricky to tell with the spring weather if extra layers are needed or not! My son is feeling much better now.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE those colorful bags! They look like the perfect size too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can rely on kids to make every outfit (be it theirs or yours) dirty within seconds. I have kind of given up on wearing white or something similar delicate any place else than to the office.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes white seems to be a magnet for them, haha!

      Delete
  8. Oh no, it's a shame your outfit choices didn't work out for the best but unfortunately sometimes it's just hard to tell how the day is going to play out! The main thing is you still had a good time. The vloggers catch up looked fab!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily :) Not every outfit can be perfect I guess!

      Delete
  9. Love that when you're bundled up, if it suddenly gets warmer you can always take some pieces off. As if it was the other way around, much more difficult hahah
    Love your colorful scarves!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I'd much rather be able to take the layers off!

      Delete
  10. Don't you just hate when u look back and think I should have worn sth different or styled it different. Your babies sound full of life and I love all the healthy foods you packed. Popcorn is always a good idea. I love your cocacola tee and the RM mini is so cute. I love bigger bags and always end up filling them with junk.

    https://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Idu :) I'm usually a big bag person but motherhood has definitely changed that, as I always have the baby bag with me!

      Delete
  11. Cute outfits. A striped tee is always a winner. Sorry your little one was sick and hope he's feeling better. - Amy
    http://stylingrannymama.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your son feels better soon. The vlogger meet up looks like a lot of fun. Also it was nice that the kiddo's got to be included in it. Have a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! He's better now, and it was so fun to have the kids along!

      Delete
  13. You have such a good selection of colourful bags and scarves
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope your little one is better! Loved to see the video and to hear your voice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. He is much better :) And I'm glad you enjoyed the video :)

      Delete
  15. Sorry to hear that your little one was unwell :( Hope they are feeling better now. <3 I think your outfits look lovely! Very comfortable and stylish. Thanks for sharing, hun! <3 xoxo

    Kay
    https://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! They were okay outfits, maybe just not for those days, ha!

      Delete
  16. In love with both of these bags and I adore the stripes in both looks!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Obsessed with both these dreamy outfits gorgeous Mica! I love the stunning red and blue tones of your first outfit; the pop of colour from your divine Rebecca Minkoff bag is just adorable :) I love how much of a statement your scarf makes; the perfect shade of blue. Your glittery shoes are oh so gorgeous, crushing SO hard on them! All the sparkly pretty vibes. In love! They make such a glittering statement and work so well with both outfits ♥︎

    The purple and blue colours contrast in perfect harmony in your second look, the bag is such a dream too! It was made to match with your cute cardigan. I'm so glad you enjoyed the bloggers brunch, so lovely you got to catch up with some fellow vlogging mums. I so hope your little one feels tons better soon, sending all my love your way! ♥︎♥︎♥︎

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie. It was a fun catch up with the other vlogging mums, and those shoes were a sale bargain at just $8! My little one is feeling much better now too.

      Delete
  18. nice post

    basicanvas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sorry your little one wasn't feeling well! I hope they're back on the mend. We've been passing a virus through our house for the last two weeks, and it finally caught me this weekend. Ugh!!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Hope you recovered quickly, it's hard when the whole family gets sick!

      Delete
  20. The little red bag is so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't think my wardrobe will be complete without a nice pair of skinny jeans , i love how you combined the striped T with that lovely blue scarf with them jeans . I just watched the video . Lovely ,hope you all had a great outing.


    www.stylenbeautylounge.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both of these is are perfect for those busy kind of days and I can totally relate to adding layers (and later removing them). LOVE the shoes and hope you can get them clean again:)

    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura - at least I could just throw the boys shoes in the washing machine, haha!

      Delete
  23. I really love both of your outfits.

    Http://alyinwanderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how that bag comes in so many colors! It's the perfect size too for daily use :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are both such cute bags, I love all of the different colours Rebecca Minkoff has available!

      Delete
  25. that bag is pretty! i wish your kid to get better soon :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net

    INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the first outfit, that little red bag is super cute!
    http://www.lambassadrice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I loved your outfits. The colored bags are really cute. I have never bought myself a colored bag thinking how I will style them. But I am learning from you. Thanks for sharing. Hope your kids are better now.

    Via | http://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, he is much better now, and I'm glad I could give you some inspiration and ways to wear your colourful bags :)

      Delete
  28. Bummer about the bad day, I hope he's feeling better now! I do like both outfits though, those shoes are SO fun!! You always have such great scarves too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shea - those kind of days happen often as a mum! He is feeling much better now :)

      Delete
  29. Sorry the glitter shoes got dirty, they are so fun though! Hope the kiddos are feeling better!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kydia :) they are feeling better. The shoes still look a bit worn in though, ha!

      Delete
  30. Ok, so I LOVE that red bag! How pretty is that? Such a vibrant shade and one I've been looking for for ages. LOOOOVE it! I also love the scarf too, you always have the cutest accessories, Mica!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oooo I just love that red bag!!
    Have a fantastic Thursday, love!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks all for your kind comments - I'm glad some of you enjoyed the video! :) My son is feeling much better now too thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...