Wednesday 13 June 2018

Print Mixing: Kimonos and Jeans With Foil Tees and Rebecca Minkoff Love Bag and Guitar Strap

Everyone needs that one classic outfit formula they can fall back on. Kimonos and denim is mine, most frequently seen in summer with shorts. With the cooler weather here now that it's winter in Brisbane, I've swapped the denim shorts for jeans instead.

Both these outfits are such a simple formula: foil print tee, skinny jeans and kimono. I really loved them both. Outfits that were comfortable, practical and nailed my style perfectly. Expect to see this formula more from me, before it gets too cold for my kimonos when the winter weather properly arrives!

What I wore:

Rebecca Minkoff Ruana poncho monochrome fall skinny jeans outfit with Love bag guitar strap | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey and Ruana poncho | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram monochrome outfit Rebecca Minkoff ruana poncho kimono skinny jeans tee Love bag
JacketRebecca Minkoff Ruana poncho
TeeJeanswest Kaylin star foil grey tee
JeansJeanswest Cecile dove grey skinny jeans
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey with Rebecca Minkoff Crystal Star Shoulder Guitar strap

Why I wore it:

Whenever I go with a monochrome outfit I usually can't resist adding a little colour in there with an accessory. This time around though, with the foil print on the tee and the print on the Ruana poncho / kimono, I felt the outfit was busy enough and didn't need any extra jewelry.

I ended up loving the monochrome with the similar colour scheme for everything looking better than I expected. I didn't miss a touch of colour like I thought I would. I think the mix of textures and the embellished bag strap made up for not having any bright pieces in my outfit.

Had a bit of a busy day, taking the boys out grocery shopping in the morning and then down the coast in the afternoon before heading to a friend's place for church. We are meeting each week to catch up and watch the message from Life Church Online. It's like church at home! We both volunteer at the online services during the week so it's nice to watch the message in person and focus solely on it as we can get quite distracted when serving.


Last worn: Rebecca Minkoff poncho, star print foil tee, grey skinny jeans, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff studded guitar strap, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag.

Other ways to wearRebecca Minkoff poncho worn two ways, star print foil tee worn two ways, grey skinny jeans for travel, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats and striped dress, Rebecca Minkoff studded guitar strap and Regan bag, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag and maxi skirt.

Perfect for pregnancyWalnut Melbourne ballet flats in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag in third trimester.



Rebecca Minkoff Studded Guitar Strap Review:









What I wore:

print mixing foil tee skinny jeans purple kimono outfit | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey, purple kimono | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram print mixing foil stripe tee purple kimono skinny jeans outfit
NecklaceNibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
TeeJeanswest Anika foil stripe tee in white and silver
JeansJeanswest prima denim super skinny jeans in absolute black
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey with Rebecca Minkoff Crystal Star Shoulder Guitar strap

Why I wore it:

I've shared before that I worried this bright kimono my son picked out would be a little tricky to wear. Since I wanted to wear this foil stripe tee again as it's been a while since I last wore it, I thought I'd try print mixing the foil stripes with the zig zag print on the kimono. Just like the outfit above, I really loved this outfit and the print mix.

Cooper was feeling the cold so we put his little red hoodie on! I was content to still wear my Havaianas before it's properly boot weather!

Sometimes the simplest outfit formulas are the best. While this does have a little extra interest with the print mixing, like the first outfit, it's still the same basic outfit formula. Perfectly comfortable for a morning at ABA mother's group with the boys. Although I did regret bringing some chocolate goodies to bring along for morning tea, as I was dodging sticky chocolate covered toddler hands often! Thankfully the white tee stayed white, but the black skinny jeans weren't as black as they were that morning by the time we headed home, with two chocolate covered boys in the car! You can't avoid tiny chocolate hands! 😂


Last worn: purple printed kimono, foil stripe tee, Jeanswest Prima skinny jeans, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff studded guitar strap (above), Rebecca Minkoff Love bag (above).

Other ways to wearpurple printed kimono and maxi dress, foil stripe tee and shorts, Jeanswest Prima skinny jeans and boots, Rebecca Minkoff studded guitar strap and shorts, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag and maxi dress.


Perfect for pregnancy: Jeanswest Prima skinny jeans in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag in second trimester.





Rebecca Minkoff Love Bag Review and Contents Video:






Kimonos Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:


You can continue wearing your kimonos outside of summer! For cooler days you can simply swap out your summer staple denim shorts for jeans which are a little warmer. Kimonos are a great layer to add to a classic jeans and tee formula, adding just a little extra colour or texture to an outfit. They are a perfect light layer for cooler spring or autumn mornings and evenings, without overheating you when it warms up during the day.


Linking up with Style On The Daily, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Files, Fun Fashion, Weekend Wear, Fabulous Friday, Flashback Fashion.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

75 comments:

  1. Love the bag! Looks like a chanel one ❤
    xx
    Selina | Selina’s Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous outfit formula, Mica! I love the combo of your foil print tees with kimonos and jeans. I love your bag too with the pretty strap. Cooper looks so adorable in his hoodie! Hope you're having a great week, Mica. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Rebecca Minkoff bag is one of my favorites! I love that chic, classic style. And your kimonos are both fabulous! I just got my first kimono recently and wouldn't mind getting another in a brighter color like your purple one.
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you've been wearing your kimono lately! I really like my bright ones like that purple one :)

      Delete
  4. Currently i' into plain & neutral colors, i lve the handbag though.

    http://www.glitsxgrace.com/2018/06/12/lessons-from-a-twenty-something-year-old-boss-babe-birthday-post/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this classic combo! We are looking at using the Life Church program for kids at our church!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great program - my boys like watching the videos on YouTube!

      Delete
  6. I do like both of these looks. Fantastic kimonos! Love how you paired them with jeans. I do agree...denim and kimonos is a great formula. Kimonos are not only for Summer, they can be worn in any season.

    So great you volunteer at the church. I've been trying to find volunteer organizations to get involved in here, and I did find some but they only need volunteers during certain events, for example fundraising for Christmas, Easter and so on...I do get involved in those projects and it's great but I'm still trying to find some local organization that needs regular volunteers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can find something Ivana! I volunteer for another organisation too, it's nice to have little things to occupy me as I only work part time.

      Delete
  7. I really love kimonos on you. These are really pretty and I love your Rebecca Minkoff bag.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you styled both of the looks. I love how you used the kimonos to add a fashionable touch to a casual outfit. I hope you have a great rest of your week.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a great layer to add to a casual outfit! :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Mica
    You always have so many styling ideas. And you know that I also have an addition for kimonos. Of all colors and patterns !!! I liked more of the second look, the mix of textures and for being more colorful, I am a woman of colors, the more vibrant and bright the better.
    Have a great day.


    kisses

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually a fan of colour too, but I loved how well that monochromatic outfit worked! :)

      Delete
  10. That bag is so cute! I love it paired with the strap! And that first outfit looks amazing on you!

    Elizabeth
    www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your heavier weight poncho - the design is gorgeous and it looks like the perfect piece for transitional weather.
    https://www.iamchiconthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is like a giant blanket!

      Delete
  12. Prefect outfit formula. I’m always worried about when I wear white that I’m going to get stuff on it. That one reason why I don’t wear white pants. Cooper looks so cute in his dog hoodie.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! I rarely wear white either, with my clumsy self and the boys it doesn't stay white for long!

      Delete
  13. Loving that first outfit, Mica! The color combination is perfect for Autumn/Winter, and I could aslo see myself running errands on a busy day with that same outfit. The seocnd outfit is great too, love how you combined the main colors of that kimono with your necklace!
    Have a lovely rest of the week, dear!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh that bag strap is so much fun! And loving the subtle print mixing in these looks!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fun accessory to add to a bag, I'm glad I grabbed this in the sale! :)

      Delete
  15. I really love these kimono jackets Mica! They're so versatile and really jazz up an outfit. Coincidentally, I have fished out one of mine from my wardrobe this week.
    Hope you have a great week,
    Jaz
    x
    https://www.thelifeofasocialbutterfly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the fun strap you added on your handbag!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are a kimono girl---and I think they are fabulous for absolutely anyone!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, so true! I do love my kimonos :)

      Delete
  18. These are such great ways to wear a kimono, Mica. I've been wearing my Spirited Away kimono a lot lately...it's so easy to wear with any outfit! And thanks for the guitar strap review:) I want one now. They go so well with the 4 bags you showed. I'm not very tall as well, so the length seems like it would work well for me! I hate long handles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes its' such a petite friendly length that strap! :)

      I agree on the kiono too - they work well with so many outfits!

      Delete
  19. I love the mix of the pretty kimonos with the subtle prints on the foil print tees! That monochrome outfit is my favorite--it works so well all together! That's such a gorgeous bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both awesome looks, Mica - the first one is my favourite. That kimono is a stunner! I love the guitar strap - what a fun addition to a purse!

    Happy week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this formula! Kimonos are such a pretty way to dress up any outfit. I need to pull mine out soon.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Mica, your online church sounds amazing and I so glad you have partnered with a friend!

    I agree having one classic go to outfit is awesome. I always adore your styling of kimonos. I don't own any yet but I'm inspired as always! ..and the strap is such a cute and fun way to accessorize. Well, I pray you and your family are having a great week.

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have such a great summer style even without kimonos! They are a definite staple for me though.

      Delete
  23. The strap on your bag looks amazing.
    Seems pretty chic look

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love all of your kimono outfits and especially this purple one. It is such a great way to add color to an outfit!

    http://whatmakesmesmileblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Now those are some lovely kimonos. Just reminded me of one I have collecting dust in my closet. Ha!! You bag is so chic and classy. Love it!
    Hope the week is treating you well beautiful. :-)

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can get your kimono out and give it a wear! :)

      Delete
  26. I love your hair in a braid Mica, I love braids and it's the perfect hairstyle for every day!! Both lovely outfits!!! I hope your week is going well, yayy for Friday tomorrow!! x

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yiota - I've only started using this hairstyle recently but I really like it!

      Delete
  27. I how you styled this. Very chic and the kimono looks dressy. You look beautiful, carina!

    Marie
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've been seeing so many foil tees in the stores lately. I bought one last year, but haven't worn it much. Love your kimonos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I went a little overboard buying all the foil print everything last year, haha! It's such a fun feature though!

      Delete
  29. Loving that monochrome outfit! That crystal star embellished guitar strap is such a cool way to add some fun to your bag as well as your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really love that kimino piece! It looks so good on you!


    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love both kimonos. You always find the best ones and style them so well. I also adore your Rebecca Minkoff love bag ! It reminds me of the Chanel boy bag, but I like this version much more. I also really like that guitar strap. I hope you are feeling a little bit better. Please take care of yourself you have so much on your plate. Online church sounds fabulous!
    ❤️❤️❤️ Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle! Yes, it's so similar to the Love bag, it's a really cute style. Much different and more affordable price point though, haha!

      Delete
  32. I love both of these - they look so functional but also stylish (sometimes that's a hard combo to actually achieve).

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  33. These busy, printed kimonos look lovely on you! I've been reading so much about kimonos lately and yet I still haven't got around to trying one haha - definitely on my to-do list now for this summer! :) Hope you're having a fabulous week so far!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are a great go-to for summer! :)

      Delete
  34. I love your bag, I have one waiting for me on my wishlist! You are a total inspiration with your 30 ways to style a Kimono.

    xo,
    Tania
    https://inspiremyfancy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. I need to look to see where you find these Rebecca Minkoff bags at. I have to say that I really, really love that first outfit. That foil tee really stands out, too! I have a pair of grey denim and I always struggle with how to style them, but I could totally recreate this! I actually got a couple of foil tee's at the outlets, because of how cute you style them on here!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire you to get some foil tees! :)

      I buy Rebecca Minkoff bags in the sales - usually shopbop or direct from Rebecca Minkoff site. You can find some bargains!

      Hope you can recreate this outfit :)

      Delete
  36. Those kimono tops are so fun. I have been wanting to get one but have not found one I like yet. And the bag is cool I have a similar one from BCBG.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the BCBG one - but there are a lot of cute bags around like this! :)

      Delete
  37. I love a good kimono! So versatile and makes a great travel piece!

    http://www.hintofgrey.com | Hint of Grey

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am a total fan of kimonos! I started wearing them a couple of years ago and they feel really cool and give some coverage. Love your kimono!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very brave to wear the white tee, and very impressed that it stayed white by the end of the day! I've only got the one boy and he's a walking mess - you're doing well to keep your outfits clean with 2!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, it feels like a major victory sometimes keeping white clothes clean!

      Delete
  40. Such a soft and comfy poncho! Love it dear, that's such a great piece for summer!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love your foil tee with your kimono. It is cute. The detail on the bag goes perfectly with everything. You really pulled it off and I am considering this gorgeous kimono. Thanks for inspiring me.
    Www.chez-Rama.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your combinations and I think you put the pattern mix together very well. I love kimonos and am hoping to do a few posts on them later this summer. That black and white one is very pretty! But I also like the bright colored one as well. - Amy
    http://stylingrannymama.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see your kimono posts - they are a summer staple for me! :)

      Delete
  43. Oh wow, you look superb in both outfits with the patterned kimonos. I think there's such a versatile piece of outerwear that can really bring out a basic look and make them look extra chic. You look gorgeous in both outfits :D

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the pattern/color of the second kimono so much. Can your boys pick out a kimono for me too?! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  45. Nice outfit! It totally gives me some ideas to try this summer. I love the Kimono and how you keep it casual yet stylish in every way.

    Love, Riana

    mrianaester.blogspot.co.id ❤

    ReplyDelete
  46. I actually bought a guitar strap set for a friend for her upcoming birthday... and now that i see yours I can only wonder where I placed that bag !

    ReplyDelete
  47. First of all, I really hope you're feeling better! I did get your comments (I've been hecticly busy) and I was hoping you'd feel well soon!

    Second - that bag!!!! OMG! I love the RM LOVE style as you know, and this shade is just gorgeous!! Jealous right now!!!!!!

    Third - Kimonos are one of my favourite things! I love both of yours, but I think I like the first outfit more! So chic!

    And fourth lol, I hope you had wipes for the chocolate hands! Ha ha!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorna, you are too sweet! :) And yes, I always have wipes, a mum essential, ha!

      Delete
  48. Hope you are feeling much better this week, Mica. Your go-to outfit formula is genius! Kimonos dress up basics perfectly. I really like the pretty kimono your son picked out and your foil tee is cute! Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday!

    Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thank you all for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...