Wednesday 11 July 2018

Two Ways To Wear: Coca-Cola Stripe Logo Tee

Most of my opshop purchases are impulse buys, like this tee! It's rare for me to have enough luck to go thrifting for something specific and find it. I was so thrilled to come across this striped Coca Cola logo tee though, for just $1 (the whole rack was 8 pieces for $4, but there is limited browsing time when your child suddenly announces he needs to pee!). Since logo tees are perfectly on trend, I knew it would be an easy piece to add to my wardrobe. Here's two different ways I've worn it. Both involving a little print mixing!

What I wore:

print mixing red maxi skirt outfit with stripe coca cola logo tee ankle boots denim jacket | awayfromblue

red boho print maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram denim jacket red boho print maxi skirt Rebecca Minkoff love bag guitar strap
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Tee: thrifted navy stripe Coca-Cola logo tee
Skirt:  thrifted Billabong red printed maxi skirt
Shoes: Asos leather Chelsea boots in tan
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey with Rebecca Minkoff Crystal Star Shoulder Guitar strap

Why I wore it:

A not so chilly winter morning meant I could take my opportunity to wear my denim jacket. It's going to sit unworn in my wardrobe for a couple months until winter is over now! It wasn't too cold to wear in the morning but was a little cooler in the evening. The Chelsea leather ankle boots helped keep me cosy too.

I did the day car drop off and pick up and worked from home. This outfit was perfect for that, I do really like this red maxi skirt with the denim jacket, and I wanted to wear that combination again (I last wore the denim jacket and red maxi skirt here). I thought the striped tee was a good print mix with the print on the skirt, and the red logo tied in perfectly. I really loved this outfit!

Was all so easy to put together, and so comfortable.


Last worn: denim jacket, red boho print maxi skirt, Chelsea leather ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff studded guitar strap, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag. First time I've worn the Coca-Cola tee as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to wear30 ways to wear a denim jacket, red boho print maxi skirt on Christmas Eve, Chelsea leather ankle boots and burgundy pants, Rebecca Minkoff studded guitar strap and Regan bag, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag and printed shorts.

Perfect for pregnancydenim jacket in second trimester, Chelsea leather ankle boots in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag in third trimester.



Rebecca Minkoff Handbag Collection:







What I wore:

print mixing playgroup outfit winter blazer stripe tee bird print scarf boots and skinny jeans | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue instagram | skinny jeans boots blazer print mixing logo stripe tee playgroup outfit
Jacket:  Zara cream jersey blazer
Scarf: navy bird print scarf
Tee: thrifted navy stripe Coca-Cola logo tee
JeansJeanswest prima denim super skinny jeans in absolute black
ShoesAsos Cleo leather boots in tan
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red (on sale in blue!)

Why I wore it:

Another little touch of print mixing with this tee. Unlike the outfit above, I did wish this outfit was a little warmer when I sat outside in the playground with the boys. It was so funny as the kids were running around playing happily and us mums were shivering and trying to find the warmest (sunny and not as windy) spots to watch the kids playing!

Aside from wishing I'd worn something a bit warmer than a blazer, I did like this outfit. I wanted to pick out the navy stripes from this tee for a bit of matchy-matchy. This bird print scarf was so perfect. I loved the colour combo and the print mixing was nice too. I've worn this scarf with stripes before and enjoyed it then too.

I did add just a little touch of red with the bag - the red logo is fun as a pop of red on it's own, and I'll need to try that next time I wear it, but if you've read my blog a while you will know I can't resist a little matchy matchy-ness!


Last worn: cream blazer, logo tee (above), navy bird print scarf, Prima skinny jeans, tan boots, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag.

Other ways to wearcream blazer worn 30 ways, navy bird print scarf and maxi skirt, Prima skinny jeans and purple cardi, tan boots and a shift dress, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancycream blazer in second trimester, Prima skinny jeans in second trimester.



Coca Cola Tees Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:
Stripes are such an easy print to try print mixing with. If you're not a fan of print mixing though, you can still take some inspiration from the outfits above. Pick out a colour from your logo or striped tee and wear coordinating pieces like the red skirt in the first outfit, or coordinating accessories like the red dress and navy scarf in the second outfit.



Linking up with Fashion Frenzy, Style On The Daily, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Files, Fabulous Friday, Weekend Wear, Flashback Fashion.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

66 comments:

  1. I can't believe that is a thrift find! I thought you purchased this from a retailer because I've been seeing these tees everywhere. I've been on the fence about getting one, mainly because I'm not sure I'll wear it enough and I'm trying to limit my consumption with fashion. I do love how you've styled this tee on both looks. The maxi and jacket is definitely my fave (as well as fave combo too!)

    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm sure I've seen this one in a store recently too! I was so pleased to find it in the opshop! :)

      Delete
  2. What a steal! I love graphic tees too as they are easy to wear. My favorite is the 2nd outfit with the your cardigan, legging and brown boots! I am dreaming of cooler weather and this is an outfit I can live in all winter long!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice outfit idea for slightly cooler weather! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Mica
    I have to tell you that a Coca Cola tee and a denim jacket is the embodiment of the American way of style ahahah
    I like the first look, although I really like in your second look the bag. BTW today I also have a tee with an amreican design, can you guess ???
    I think today in both looks you are an american girl !!!




    Lots of love
    Marisa

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yes it does have a very american feel to it! It's such a fun tee to wear.

      Delete
  4. The coca cola tee is so cute, love the red skirt, love the denim jacket, the entire look is perfect. Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies - fashion and beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. That top was such a fabulous deal (although I giggled at why you didn't get more). And you and I are on the same wavelength with the print mixing---it's so fun once you get the hang of it!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have loved to get more, but I had to try not to laugh when that was announced!

      Delete
  6. Wow, $1 for that t-shirt? What a steal! I love how you put each look together with colors that are echoed in the t-shirt (red lettering + red skirt or red bag, blue stripes + blue scarf) it helps bring it all together with the subtle print mixing! And of course, I love RM bags so loving both of your bags!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tee is such a fun find! I remember that I used to have a thrifted red "Coke is it" tee shirt as a teenager and I LOVED that thing and wore it to death. I love both of these looks and would never have thought to pair the tee with that maxi skirt but I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I can wear this one as much! It was an awesome bargain! :)

      Delete
  8. That is such a cute tee, Mica! I love the way you've styled it in both outfits, so cute! Thanks for sharing and have a great rest of the week!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've styled this so cute - both ways!! I love it with the skirt though...perfect way to mix prints!

    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post dear!
    you look beautiful as always
    bisous

    http://www.gallech.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you styled this cute tee!

    xx,
    Meredith
    LATEST POST | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Coca-Cola top paired with the denim jacket and red skirt. The blue, red, and white colors when paired together just visually pops more.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pops of red in both outfits, Mica, and your pattern-mixing is superb. Stay warm, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic post, dear! You look lovely!
    Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a steal for only $1! I love it with that bright red bag as well. Really pulls out the logo
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to wear it with a lot of red in future! Such a good option! :)

      Delete
  16. Love how you wore the T-Shirt x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the tee is so cute. I for one can't have enough t shirts. I love how you paired it with that red skirt!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I definitely have a soft spot for tees!

      Delete
  18. What a fun thrift find! This tee has a great vintage vibe and the print mixing looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute! I love your tee and how you styled it. :D
    The Fancy Cats | Kawaii Box Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such an awesome find for the shirt. Target sell the Coca Cola shirts for 14.99. The second look is my favorite.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was such a bargain! There have been similar ones in the stores here too, but I haven't looked at the prices.

      Delete
  21. I like how you showed your alternative styling here. The Minkoff bags are also pretty lovely. Great video as well. I am finally back after taking some time off the blog. Have a great week, Mica.
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I like putting two ways to wear things side by side like this!

      Delete
  22. First of all I am so jealous of your warm Winters. Secondly that Coca Cola tee is adorable and I love that you added pops of red to each outfit!

    I am doing a very special all-skirts week of collaboration posts this week on the blog, come take a peak. =) The new Thursday Moda linkup just went live too, thanks. =))

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2018/07/skirtmas-in-july-collaboration-day-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the coca cola brand so I just love these looks! I love the focus on red! SO BEAUTIFUL <3 hope you have been well xx

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fantastic find, Mica! The tee looks great in both outfits. I love your cherry red bag in the second outfit. It's gorgeous! I laughed when I read about your son announcing suddenly that he needed to pee so you had to hurry! This has happened with my son many times so I can relate! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, an unavoidable part of motherhood I think!

      Delete
  25. I need to pick a coca cola t-shirt too, I love how you styled it Mica, the first outfit is my favourite!!! I love the printed red skirt so much, such a lovely color!! x

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's such a cute classic logo! Also, love your red skirt dear, so flowy and breezy!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really love your t-shirt babe!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: PERFECT GUEST IN WHITE

    ReplyDelete
  28. An awesome opshop purchase! I always gravitate to stripes whenever I'm opshopping... even though I already have several striped items, haha! They are perfect for print mixing, and yes definitely would love to see the red accented in another outfit!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, stripes are the best print! And the one I definitely have most of in my wardrobe :)

      Delete
  29. That red-and-blue combo is a winner for sure, Mica:) And still can't believe you got that Coke shirt for a DOLLAR!!! What a great steal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd had more time to browse and pick up some other pieces to reduce the price to 50 cents, but a dollar is pretty good too, haha!

      Delete
  30. What a great classic tee! I like how you made subtle references to other pieces with just a touch of the same color.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love both ways you styled this tee- so fun!

    Hope you have a great weekend ahead, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mica I wish I had some of that cool weather:) The tee is super cute and I adore how you styled it. ..not to mention it was a fabulous price. The red handbag makes the stripes pop beautifully.

    I pray you are having a great week. It's been a lot relaxing and pool time for us!

    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiff! Hope your summer is not too hot at the moment!

      Delete
  33. What a fun top! I love both ways you styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your layers! It is so fun to see this tee styled such different ways.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love those happy thrift finds! The tee is cute and I'm sure it wont be hard to get your cost per wear down, haha.
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's got great cost per wear already!

      Delete
  36. You styled the tee so well! Love the colour combinations.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  37. That is such a great graphic tee and such a steal at only $1! I think my favorite of these is the first outfit. I really like the pattern mixing with the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely my favourite too, I like the combination of everything! :)

      Delete
  38. Both are lovely, but the second look is my favorite. I love the different prints in a matching color. It's hard to believe the tee was just $1.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my little local opshop is the best!

      Delete
  39. I love your tee! It's super cute and iconic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a great find Mica ! and only 1.00 ! wow - it's already 0.50 cents CPW ;)
    I had a very similar tee back in the 90's i think, i wore it to death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's going to have great cost per wear!

      Delete
  41. love the Coca Cola t-shirt and the way you styled it. The second outfit with the striped tee looks fantastic as well. Fabulous outfits, both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Who would have thought that a little tee could make such cute outfits. You do a fabulous job putting things together. Plus I am a die hard Diet Coke drinker, so this works for me. Ha. ha. - Amy
    http://stylingrannymama.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, perfect for people who love the drink!

      Delete
  43. Thanks all for your sweet comments - I'm so happy I managed to score this tee for just $1 too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I have often seen Cola tees and they're really cute! Never thought about styling them though, so I think you did a great job! Love the bag! Hope you're well!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...