Wednesday 7 June 2017

Maxi Dresses and Purple Accessories

I find purple just as easy to wear as blue, it looks great with blue and being my sister's favourite colour probably influenced me too as we shared wardrobes growing up. I have a few purple accessories, and below I'm wearing them with some maxi dresses.

I love how maxi dresses can work for multiple seasons,  I like to wear as much of my wardrobe as I can year-round. I wore these dresses on a warmer and then a cooler day, showcasing how they can work for different temperatures.

What I wore:

Pink Mothers En Vogue Havana maxi dress, purple bag, Louis Vuitton Bandeau scarf as belt | AwayFromBlue

pink maxi dress, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum purple | AwayFromTheBlue
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
DressMEV Havana maxi dress C/O Zibibo
BeltLouis Vuitton "comete" bandeau scarf
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats (on sale in blackand super cute in cherry print!)
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

This dress is one of those magical pieces in my wardrobe that makes me feel great whenever I wear it - even while heavily pregnant! I've worn the LV bandeau scarf as a belt with it before, and worn the purple bag with it before too.

This was the perfect outfit for a family birthday celebration, love everything in this outfit and wouldn't change a thing.


Last worn: Louis Vuitton bandeau, pink maxi dress, gold mouse flats, purple mini MAB tote bag.

Other ways to wearLouis Vuitton bandeau as headband, pink maxi dress in winter, gold mouse flats and jeans, purple mini MAB tote bag and maxi skirt.

Perfect for pregnancy: bandeau as adjustable belt in third trimesterpink maxi dress at 39 weeks, mouse flats and maternity wrap dress, purple MAB tote and maternity denim shorts.


More Pink Maxi Dresses Under $50:







What I wore:

purple cardi, Jeanswest tie dye jersey maxi dress Rebecca Minkoff Love bag | Away From Blue

Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey |  Away From The Blue
JacketJeanswest Peggie kimono cardigan in purple mulberry marle
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
DressJeanswest 'Elodie' tie dye grey jersey maxi dress
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats (on sale!)
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

It was a bit cooler when I wore this! And wetter, I wished I'd not worn such a long maxi dress when I stood in a puddle. The struggles of being petite, ha! We had an appointment with a house builder as we were looking at a plot of land. Went out for lunch on the way home.

Just like the outfit above, I've worn the bag and dress together before, and did so again as I really like the combination. I liked the purple cardigan with this too. Kept me cosy and added a little more colour to my outfit. It was great for babywearing too, I don't like to wear a lot of zips or buttons if I'm babywearing.

I was feeling a little unwell so liked how easy and cosy this was to wear. A jersey maxi dress like this is just as comfortable as pyjamas but looks a lot more presentable!


Last worn: purple cocoon cardigan, tie dye maxi dress, silver ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff quilted Love cross body bag.

Other ways to wearpurple cocoon cardigan and jeans, tie dye maxi dress and fringe bag, silver ballet flats and purple jeans, Rebecca Minkoff quilted Love cross body bag and chambray.

Perfect for pregnancy: purple cardi in second trimester, tie dye maxi dress at 38 weeks, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag and maternity shorts.


More Tie Dye Maxi Dresses Under $50:






How You Can Wear It

Maxi Dresses are a simple, comfortable instant outfit. While they look great in summer, you can wear them in other seasons too. Swap sandals for ballet flats to give your feet a little more warmth, and layer with a cosy cardigan for a chilly day.


Linking up with Fabulous Friday, Weekend Wear.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

41 comments:

  1. I agree with purple because it is one of my fave colours too! Love both of the looks!


    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the purple combo! It used to be my favourite colour as a kid - I really need to include more hues in my wardrobe!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I much prefer purple over blue, so of course I find it easier to wear as well. How did the patch of land turn out?

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly we aren't going for it - but as soon as we get something I'll be sharing it on the blog! :)

      Delete
  4. I really like the first purple dress - it's my favourite! And the necklace is stunning <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi you look beautiful! I adore your hair as well! I agree very easy and cozy looks...and super chic. Pray you are having a great week!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, yep! Purple is my color, love wearing it with anything
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the purple bag, it's so cute! Both maxi dresses look lovely on you :) x

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find purple to be not only a versatile color, but a universally flattering one! LOVE both outfits! Good luck on your land search!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We are hoping land is easier to find that a house but so far no luck there either haha!

      Delete
  9. You look wonderful in purple, Mica! Well done on breaking yourself out of the colour rut - a nice rich pair of colours like this can really make an outfit. Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love purple, but I don't have a lot of it in my wardrobe. Looking at your pretty outfits here makes me want to add more. I know I've said it before but I love that cardigan in your second look. Also, the scarf-as-belt in the first look is perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jersey dresses like the are my favorite- always so comfortable! Purple is a great color on you, especially that fuchsia shade! I LOVE that dress on you, and you should feel great in it, cause it looks great on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love a good maxi dress, it's so glamorous! So true how it's versatile for many seasons too!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the magenta purple dress on you! Maxis are great for spring and summer!
    Elizabeth | Confidentlyelegant.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the second bag!
    http://imyimyimy.blogspot.co.uk/ << drop a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such cute outfits! I love the pop of purple in the first outfit and I adore everything about the second, that dress especially! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great rest of the week!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love pieces that make you feel good no matter what. Every woman should have at least one of those. That dress really does look great on you. I love purple too. I don't have a ton of it in my closet though I am not sure why.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of these maxis look good - and you said it: the best reason to wear something is because we feel glorious in them ! I wish all my clothes were like that... something to aim for !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'd love a wardrobe full of pieces like that! :)

      Delete
  18. I shared wardrobes with my sisters growing up too. I love the purple maxi for the fact that purple is my fave color. The blue is lovely as well. Did you find a plot of land?

    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did find a plot but decided not to go ahead with it, the search continues.

      Delete
  19. I love the maxi dresses, I just wish it was maxi dress weather here but it's currently pouring it down!

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know both of these dresses have had their fair share on your blog, but I have always been a huge fan of that first one! The silhouette it gives, the shape, it's literally the perfect maxi. I think purple looks so great on you because you're a blonde. (:

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love those colours, Mica! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look great in both outfits, no wonder you wouldn't change a thing! Xx

    Kez | acaciasdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love purple! But I really don't wear it enough, love that purple bag in the first photo, it's like my ideal structured bag!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Purple dress is amazing. I really like it!
    The blue one is also very nice.
    The jewelry is perfect for the summer. *_*

    Kathy's delight I Instagram I Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like how you tied a scarf around the purple dress Mica. I know you love that dress :) I hope you feel better doll. Yes, comfort is so important when we're not feeling our best. But you looked stylish.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Purple looks fab on you! You look glowing in it!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. Using your scarf as a belt is a wonderful idea! I need to try this with my black maxi dress. It's a great way to add color and remix pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The first outfit is one of my favorites from you! There's something in that dress that I really love and it suits you perfectly. Plus, the idea of using your scarf as a belt is genious! love the second outfit as well, that cardi looks so cozy and I'm sorry to hear you were feeling a bit unwell that day, I hope you're feeling much better now. :)
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look so lovely in both maxi dresses hun. I absolutely love the first purple one and how you've styled it with pink and purple accessories

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are such cute and comfortable looking dresses, and I love how you've styled them! These outfits are so versatile too, which makes them perfect in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love that fuscha dress! The color is perfect for spring and really that tie dye dress is just perfect too!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  32. The dresses are fabulous! I love the scarf as a belt, it contrasts beautifully with the gorgeous shade of purple. Thank you for linking up to Fabulous Friday!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love both maxi! The details on the bottom of the purple one makes it super cute!
    Thank you for linking up with Weekend Wear

    xo
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  34. Loving the purple combos! I'm such a maxi dress fan. And cute purse in the first!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ooh that's exciting about a potential new house build! You'll definitely need some gumboots for site visits :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I have no suitable footwear for all the land we've seen!

      Delete
  36. Thank you all for your kind comments and compliments. :) I did feel better the next day.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...