Friday 23 February 2018

Rainy Day Style: Ruffle Camis and Skinny Jeans With Purple Balenciaga Work Bag

While it's still summer here in Brisbane, a few weeks back we were hit with some very un-seasonal weather. A sudden cold snap lead to the coldest February day in over 100 years! While most of my winter things are boxed away over summer, I managed to find pieces to make my cami tops more appropriate for the cold weather. I've been wanting to wear them more, before summer ends.

What I wore:

groutfit: grey outfit rainy day style with purple accessories balenciaga work bag | awayfromblue

groutfit: grey outfit with purple balenciaga work bag smooshy raisin g21 silver hardware

awayfromblue instagram grey cardi skinny jeans printed cami with purple teething necklace balenciaga work bag
Jacket: Paper Scissors grey wrap cardigan
Necklace: Nibbly Bits BB plum silicone teething necklace (C/O)
CamiJeanswest Audrey tonal print tank
JeansJeanswest Cecile dove grey skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

I didn't include this cardigan in the box of winter knits I pack away for summer, as I keep it out to wear in the office now and then. I was so glad I kept this as it was perfect for a chilly day. With the grey cardigan, grey skinny jeans and metallic silver flats and the neutral printed cami it all looked a bit boring, so the purple accessories were the perfect way to add a little bit of colour. It met the purple style challenge theme perfectly too!

I didn't expect to be pulling out my jeans so soon into the year, but I wasn't too upset at having a chance to wear these grey skinnies. They are the most recent addition to my denim collection after I got given them last year and a pair I'm sure will get a lot more wear over winter.

It was nice how easily this outfit came together. There was a break in the rain in the morning too, so we managed to get out and have our morning walk before having a quiet Saturday at home watching the rain fall outside.


Last worn: grey cardigan, printed cami, grey skinny jeans, metallic ballet flats, Balenciaga work bag.

Other ways to weargrey cardigan and maxi dress, printed cami and red jeans, grey skinny jeans for flying with toddlers, metallic ballet flats and blue dress, Balenciaga work bag and fit and flare dress.

Perfect for pregnancyprinted cami hiding second trimester bump, metallic ballet flats in third trimester.


Ever Wondered How Many Jeans I have? :






What I wore:

floral ruffle cami on rainy day double denim with purple Balenciaga work bag | away from blue

double denim with Balenciaga raisin purple work bag G21 silver hardware | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram double denim jacket skinny jeans floral ruffle cami purple balenciaga work bag
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
NecklaceNibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
CamiAtmos&Here 'Isla' ruffle cami in floral print
JeansJeanswest prima denim super skinny jeans in absolute black
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

A little bit of double denim. Again, I had the style challenge theme to dress to. This time the theme was 'indigo'. I'd planned a lovely navy dress to wear, but the weather made me change that pretty quickly to the denim jacket. With the black skinny jeans, it's an easy way to do double denim, and it kept me warm enough on a cold and rainy day. As did all the running around I had to do - after a week where things seemed to go from bad to worse, Friday was me trying to keep things together and get everything done to get to the weekend.

I'd picked this cami to wear as I've been trying to wear my camis more recently, and this one is one of my least worn. It's a cropped style, but being petite it's normal length on me. While I like this cami in the photos, I didn't feel very comfortable wearing it. The cropped length becomes more apparent when you've got your hands full with a wriggly toddler, and I found myself tugging the top back down a few times. While the ruffles are beautiful and the colours mean it goes with so much, it was just too fussy to wear. The back is cropped shorter than the front too and I found myself wishing I'd worn a normal length top many times when bending down to the boys, even though my jeans are mid-rise.

4 Ways to Wear a botanical print floral ruffle cami | away from the blue blog


Looking at it, I'm thinking I should keep it, it's so pretty! But I know it's so annoying to wear it's not worth keeping around just for me to realise in a few months it hasn't been worn, to wear it again and feel the same frustrations. I have plenty other camis I enjoy wearing more, so this one is leaving my wardrobe. 5 wears in 3 years is pretty bad cost per wear, but it's time to let it go!


Last worn: denim jacket, botanic print cami, Jeanswest prima skinny jeans, black ballet flats, Balenciaga work bag (above).

Other ways to weardenim jacket worn 30 ways, botanic print cami and stripes, Jeanswest prima jeans in winter, black ballet flats and pencil skirt, Balenciaga work bag in the office.

Perfect for pregnancydenim jacket in second trimester, botanic print cami in first trimester, black ballet flats and maternity wrap dress.



Printed Camis Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:


Camis can easily be layered up for cooler weather! They are the perfect summer option with denim shorts, so they work just as well with jeans, with an extra layer like a jacket or cardigan to keep you cosy if it's cold.



Linking up with Passion for Fashion, Style Wise, Fab Favourites, Shoe & Tell.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

42 comments:

  1. I also wore jeans when we had that sudden cold snap, Mica! I had all my winter stuff packed away too and had to rummage around for something to wear! ;) Both of these outfits look great on you Mica and both camis are pretty. I especially love how you've accessorised with the purple necklace and bag in the first outfit! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness for jeans! haha! Always a trusty option.

      Delete
  2. Your necklace is perfect dear!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: LONDON FASHION WEEK / ROOM WITH A VIEW

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had a warm snap here followed by a ton of rain, haha! How funny! And I loooove that bag, its such a perfect color
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad about that gorgeous cami! It's such a pretty print, but I know what you mean. Having things that just don't fit right are not worth it! I love the idea of a printed top with grey jeans and a grey cardigan. I've been wanting a new way to wear my grey jeans and you have given me some great inspiration! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some inspiration! :) And yes, it's just not the right fit now so best to let it go.

      Delete
  5. The reasoning about giving away the second cami is impressive. I have a tendency to keep products like that (even lipsticks like that) and really need to get better at actually letting them go!

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm trying to be better with that so I only have a wardrobe full of pieces I use and love.

      Delete
  6. Pretty cami tops, they are fabulous additions to plenty of outfits - I wear them often, in winter and in summer. Love that bag too Mica. x
    Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi you look so cute in pants! We are receiving record breaking high temperatures in February here. I can't believe I am wearing my summer wardrobe..haha You styled both looks beautifully!

    Well I pray you have a wonderful weekend!!!
    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been gloomy and has been raining in Adelaide the past week too. And I love that colorful top - you've styled it in so many pretty ways!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I do love that cami but I totally get what you mean about not wanting to keep it if you're not comfortable in it. Maybe keep to wear tucked in like you did in that last look with the skirt? I LOVE the pretty shades of purple in the first look, especially with the grey. What a pretty look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did consider that, but I'd rather have something I can wear multiple ways :)

      Delete
  10. I love that bag, and you have an awesome jean collection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I rarely see you wearing jeans! Nice!
    Very pretty tops and you looks so comfy yet ready for everything!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Mica, obviously this was really a cold February day! How good you didn't pack away your grey cardigan - as you found together in sum with all the pieces you added to the cardigan a wonderful look for this cold day. And I know what you mean when a top is too cropped like the second one you show here ... and therefore I understand that it will leave you although the colurs are indeed beuatiful.
    Happy weekend!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm glad I kept my grey cardigan out! :)

      Delete
  13. See for once, I can relate to you weather wise! Love the Jeanswest tank!

    I was thinking of you the other day Mica - we've recently booked a holiday to Australia with a nights stay in Brisbane! You'll have to let me know your recommendations for things to do!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so exciting! :) There's so much to do in Brisbane it's hard to pick!

      Delete
  14. I really love how you share past photos on here from time to time of how you styled the same piece!! So helpful! I have a pair of gray skinnies I always struggle with on how to style, love your outfit above AND so much inspiration for that floral top!!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's good to look back on the ways I've worn things before they leave my wardrobe :)

      Delete
  15. That is such a pretty shade of purple! I love it!
    -Kate // www.classyandkate.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both great ways of getting more wear out of your cami tops before summer ends over there, great styling suggestions! Hope you're having a lovely weekend so far babe :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is indeed a lovely cami, but if you don't wear it, you don't wear it right? The gray and purple are a cute combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes better for it to go and make space for something I love wearing instead! :)

      Delete
  18. I absolutely love the color of your bag dear. Super chic.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Mica! OMG, I can't imagine how much the temperatures have dropped around Brisbane but, if it's been half the weather change we've had around in Europe this past two weeks (it was super warm by the end of January, but suddenly it has started snowing in Italy!!) I can't imagine the wardrobe mess you must be facing! :(

    I've always loved jeans and cardigans (or blazers when I'm looking for a more professional approach) to face weather changes. They come in super handy when you are unsure on what it will be like in the next days!

    Thanks for the comment in my blog :)
    As always, have a nice week!!

    Amanda
    www.somethingfashion.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! We've had nothing like that, it never snows here! And yes, cardigans are a great layer for those strange weather days!

      Delete
  20. Both are really cute outfits! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. u are so cute! i just watched your video, didnt know you are a mother of 2 :D

    https://highheelpoodl.blogspot.rs/2018/02/shein-teddy-bear-coat.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. I didn't knew you live in Brisbane! My best friend lives there too, I want to visit here so badly! But, ugh, air fares are killing me...

    The purple details really suit your skin, it looks lovely on you!

    Love, Layla Rosita | www.laylarosita.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. The weather has really been fickle. Same here. I love that longer cardi with your ruffled top. You wear those so well Mica. Also ruffled cami tops look great on you. Love the print of both of those.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ahahaha I think we have a similar amount of jeans - I just can't stop buying them! They make for the perfect mum outfit! I miss wearing them all, as much as I love the maternity jeans I want to wear all my other cuts and washes. Not long now, but may be a while before I fit into my skinnies!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I missed my wide jeans collection when I was pregnant too, but now I miss my maternity jeans!

      Delete
  25. First i'd like to point out that i really like how the necklace is both looks feels tied to the bag, it looks really good.
    In regards to the jeans.... OMG that's a lot Mica !!! I am going home to count mine !
    and i think you should keep the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have plenty other cami tops :) And yes, far too many jeans, haha!

      Delete
  26. Thank you all for your lovely comments - glad you enjoyed the video!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...