Monday 23 April 2018

What I Wore To a YouTube Creator Day (And To The Office): Printed Tanks And Pencil Skirts

It's taken me a while to share these office outfits, worn back in March! I wanted to wait until I'd edited the video of the Brisbane YouTube Creator day I went to so you could see what I got up to. It was a lot of fun!

What I wore:

what I wore to Youtube Creator Day Brisbane March 2018 office pencil skirt printed tank purple bag | awayfromblue

Balenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram purple Balenciaga work bag boucle blazer printed tank pencils skirt YouTube Creator Day
Necklace: Uniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace
TankJeanswest Elissa leaf print tank
SkirtJeanswest zip detail ponte pencil skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats (on sale in black!)
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

I was so extremely nervous for this day. Excited too, but mostly nervous! I had been talking a lot on Twitter about it, trying to figure out how things would go. My outfit was full of classic pieces picked to make me feel good. I love this boucle jacket and it helps me feel pulled together. The printed tank, a gift from my mum, is quickly becoming a favourite. A pencil skirt as it's a classic office piece. I did consider bringing jeans or maybe another skirt to change into after, but already my bag was pretty full. I'm glad I kept it simple and wore the same outfit to work and the Creator Day.

You can see in the video that my bag is really full! I picked this one as it's a beautiful colour and coming from my bestie's wardrobe, gives me a little boost of confidence. Plus it fit everything I needed so elegantly. Even if I did end up leaving it on the table at the Creator Day and blocking Eve's view a bit! Sorry Eve! She made a great video recapping her experience there.

The Creator Day was so fun! I learned a lot, took tons of notes, and as you can see from the video, had a blast catching up with some of the YouTube friends I've made this year. It's so strange walking into a room and feeling like you know people, even though you've only known them from their YouTube videos! You can see more in the video below.


Last worn: boucle blazer, leaf print tank, black pencil skirt, gold mouse flats, Balenciaga purple work bag.

Other ways to wearboucle blazer and jeans, leaf print tank worn two ways, black pencil skirt and plaid shirt, gold mouse flats and sheath dress, Balenciaga purple work bag and black dress.

Perfect for pregnancyboucle blazer in third trimester, black pencil skirt in first trimester, gold mouse flats in third trimester.


Brisbane YouTube Creator Day March 2018: How To Win On YouTube!



The video goes into more detail about what I wore, what was in my bag, and shows you some of the fun people I met and things I learned!




What I wore:

polka dot ruffle tank hersey blazer pencil skirt navy and purple autumn work outfit | away from blue

navy polka dot tank, Balenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram jersey blazer cream with grey pencil skirt navy ruffle tank balenciaga work bag
JacketZara cream jersey blazer
Necklace: statement silver plate necklace
TankJeanswest 'Ricky' ruffle front top in midnight
SkirtAsos tailored tab front pencil skirt in grey
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

Despite this outfit following the same outfit formula as the one above, I didn't like it as much. I think the grey pencil skirt and cream blazer didn't look as good together as the black jacket and skirt in the outfit above, I did enjoy wearing this ruffle polka dot print blouse again though! It's been a while between wears. It is strictly a work only piece for me, it feels a bit fancy for stay at home mum days and it's not breastfeeding friendly.

I do like the navy top with the purple Balenciaga work bag though, and I've worn them together before. While I wasn't a fan of all of these pieces together, I like them enough separately so they are all staying in my wardrobe.


Last worn: cream blazer, ruffle print blouse, grey pencil skirt, metallic ballet flats, Balenciaga work bag (above).

Other ways to wear: cream blazer and printed dressruffle print tank and red jeans, grey pencil skirt and floral cami, metallic ballet flats and swing dress, Balenciaga work bag and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancy: cream blazer in second trimesterruffle print tank in second trimester, grey pencil skirt in second trimester, metallic flats in third trimester.



More Printed Tanks Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

Printed tanks are a fun addition to an office outfit, especially if paired with more corporate pieces like pencil skirts and blazers. It's a good way to add some colour if your suit separates are neutral, but you don't have to draw the line there. A colourful bag like this purple Balenciaga tote is another way to add something bright and cheerful to your work wardrobe.


Linking up with Modest Monday, Style File, Turning Heads, Confident Twosday, Style Sessions, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Frenzy, Style On The Daily, Weekend Wear, Flashback Fashion.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

80 comments:

  1. youtube creator say sounds fun! You look good in the pencil skirt babe! I can't wear the pencil skirt because my hips are too wide!


    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's frustrating! I love my pencil skirts. I bet you look great in so many other skirts though! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Monday! I love pencil skirts! I adore how you styled it with printed tops. ..very professionally polished and cute! The you tube event looked really exciting! I wish you much success with your channel!!

    My flowers in my yard are finally blooming:) yaay! I'm excited because we are blessed with rain today! Therefore, I plan to relax, try a new recipe,and catch up on some reading. Have a blessed day!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a wonderfully relaxing day! :) Thank you, it was a really fun event!

      Delete
  3. That must be so much fun to attend a Youtube event, I like the jacket that you wore on that day and girl your Balenciaga bag is everything. Love the colour and the size, you can fit everything. I need something like that :) Have a great week!

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did fit everything! It was the perfect bag to bring :)

      Delete
  4. How cool is it that you got to attend such an awesome event! It looks like so much fun, honestly I would have been so nervous in your shoes though, haha. :) And I love the outfit you put together for it!! And I know you said that you don't like the second outfit as much, but I actually think that it looks really lovely. The cream blazer is so pretty! Hope all is well with you hun, I have my final ultrasound on Wednsday to see how things have changed so I am very nervous but trying to keep positive. xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, I was SO nervous, but it's good to try get out of my comfort zone, and I really enjoyed meeting everyone and learning a lot! I hope you get the results from your ultrasound quickly - a week is along time to wait!

      Delete
  5. The YouTube event sounds like a fun event! Your outfit choice looked great - loving that jacket. Sorry you didn't like the blazer selection in the second look. I hate when that happens- something makes sense in my head but not quite as much in real life!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really need to figure out why - Sheila had a great idea about the warm and cool neutrals together!

      Delete
  6. Hello Mica
    Its great to know that you want learn more about videos i think its the future. But i prefer to write and read.
    You re perfect for the class. I loved the first one look. Very classy and elegant.

    I m at the hospital right now. I just want to get better.
    Sending all the love.
    Marisa

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love my blog, and won't be stopping that :) I'll just be having a little more fun with my YouTube channel too :)

      Delete
  7. Cute outfit and love that handbag!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The YouTube Creator Day sounds so much fun! I loooove that purple bag you wore with both outfits!

    By Lauren M

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that look. The polka dot top is so cute.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish we had an event like that here Mica. So glad you had a great time and learned a lot. You looked fabulous.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should look into it! There are a lot in the US, it's so rare to see them in Australia!

      Delete
  11. Ugh, I want that bag!! It's the perfect dark shade of purple!! Loving it with both of these looks as well
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SUCH a great bag! highly recommend, although I know you're loving your purple Faye!

      Delete
  12. The Creator Day event sounds so cool! I'm glad you had a great time! I'd be nervous too. :) Both of your outfits look fabulous to me! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I was so nervous, but I'm glad I went! :)

      Delete
  13. One thing I learned from following your blog is how a bag can make or break the outfits. Never even occurred to me as bags have always been more of a convenience than an accessory for me.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like an awesome event, how cool that you got to be a part of it! I love the outfit you wore for it too--you can never go wrong with a great jacket + pencil skirt combo. And a great bag--but you always have that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! it was so much fun! I'm thrilled I got to go!

      Delete
  15. Cool outfits! The bag has an interesting colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like you had so much fun at the event, it was so entertaining to watch!

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. I'm glad you enjoyed the video!

      Delete
  17. I can't believe you went to Youtube Creator day! How awesome! I totally love what you wore for it. Very practical and chic!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb! I am so pleased I went, it was really fun! :)

      Delete
  18. Che borsa stupenda!!! Sei bellissima!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving that purple bag and how it adds a pop of color to your outfits! So pretty and professional! Thanks for sharing!

    -Emily | www.East91Blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Grey and cream are really tricky to pair together - I think it's because one is a cool neutral (grey) and one is a warm neutral (cream), and in this outfit, they are both the same brightness, right in the middle of their neutral ranges.

    I do really like both outfits, though - so classy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never thought of it like that before Sheila, thank you so much! I tried wearing it with grey again the other day and I really wasn't loving it - now I know why! I think this blazer is on it's way out once I hit 30 wears, I'll pass it along!

      Delete
  21. I really love the leaf tank top in the first outfit, so gorgeous!

    Hope you're having a lovely week so far!

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a gift from my mum and I adore it! :)

      Delete
  22. This looks is perfect for work or the You Tube event, this sounds sooooo fun!

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like a super fun event. Glad you had a great time. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very chic looks! And I love that Balenciaga bag :)

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  25. I need more jackets, I am discovering. I'm usually a cardigan person but sometimes a cardigan is just not enough! So thanks for the inspiration. I'm glad you had a good time at the creators day, those kinds of things can be incredibly daunting. Good that it all turned out well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so scary and I was a nervous wreck but I loved it and I'm glad I did it! Happy to have provided you some jacket inspo too! :)

      Delete
  26. Your bag is so cute! Love it so much - looks so good with your outfit.

    Aicha | The Fashion Heist

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cool style you look amazing!

    http://www.alessabernal.com/
    Alessa Bernal

    ReplyDelete
  28. This sounds like such a fun time! I can't wait to hear more about it! I hope you share it in a video or here!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have the video in the post - maybe it didn't load for you? but it was a lot of fun :)

      Delete
  29. I know you don't love the second outfit, but I think it's great, I love the contrast between the dark coloured skirt and the blazer, it looks nice!!! And what a lovely event, I will watch the video as soon as I get home in the afternoon! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yiota, I hope you liked the video :)

      Delete
  30. I love pencil skirts dear.
    It look so nice esp when working in an office
    Great outfits Mica

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your purple bag, sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  32. Amazing outfit, dear! You look lovely!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs ♥
    Liana Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks like a great event! Love that purple bag!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. The first necklace is so lovely! Great outfits :)
    http://lambassadrice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. You look so good in both outfits. I love the pencil skirts, it makes the looks so much more professional. Looks like you had fun at the event!

    http://whatmakesmesmileblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. These outfits look great! I love that first jacket. Loved watching your video, just subscribed to your channel :) xo

    http://www.pinkpretender.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad you loved the video!

      Delete
  37. This is a brilliant work outfit, you really suit pencil skirts babe! The Youtube creator day must have been so interesting and i'm really pleased to hear you enjoyed it and took plenty of notes! :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabrielle, it really was so interesting!

      Delete
  38. I really can imagine that the Creator Day was fun and you learned a lot! The outfit you created for this day definitely is perfect and I directly can see how confident you feel in this look. Also the 2nd look is beautiful but I understand that you prefer the 1st look. Thanks for the video!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a fantastic event for social and for learning!!!
    I wish we had something like this to attend in the area!! I need to really work on my you-tube channel!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely have a look - there's lots in the US (there's a tab in Youtube that lets you search for events!)

      Delete
  40. YouTube Creator Day- how awesome you got to go! And you definitely looked the part!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  41. So nice there was a YouTube event past March, it must have been nice to attend something like that. I can imagine how you must have felt like you know some of the You-tubers, even if you have just seen them on YouTube. Seeing somebody's voice and gestures does give you a better impression/ knowledge of someone as opposed to just seeing somebody's photos. I've been thinking of becoming active on YouTube but I have zero video editing skills so I've postponed that. Speaking of which, how fun there was also a Creator workshop.

    You look lovely in both outfits. The first outfit is so elegant and chic. I do like that bag! The top and the necklace complement its colour nicely. Great look.

    I actually like the colours in the second outfit and I don't think they contrast in a bad way, it seems like a nice contrast to me. However I think that outfit might look better if that top was tucked in, perhaps it would complement the pencil skirt more that way. Anyhow, I think that might make this second outfit look even more elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip on the second outfit Ivana! :)

      I had terrible video editing skills too - I've been giving it a go more this year and trying and learning - I have a PC and use Movie Maker - if you ever want any tips, just email me! :) I've found a group of local ladies who vlog and feel like I've learned so much, I'm happy to pass that knowledge on!

      Delete
  42. I really love the pencil skirt as is the styling showcased today. The ruffled blouse is beautiful and your Balenciaga bag is stunning in that unusual color.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  43. YouTube Creator Day looks so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I bet the Creator Day was so much fun and valuable to you! I love your classic outfit combinations and how professional you look! Your printed blouses are so pretty! Hope you are having a great week! We are finally enjoying spring weather and able to spend time outside which is much needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're getting some spring weather at last! It really was such a valuable day, I'm glad I went!

      Delete
  45. A YouTube creator day sounds so fun! I am still trying to figure out video and I'm planning on taking a video class when I go to Haven. I LOVE both of these outfits and they make me think of business casual, but chic. I just love that ruffly polka dotted top!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A video class would be so fun! You're sure to learn a lot! I'm kinda learning as I go, haha!

      Delete
  46. I like the jackets in both of the outfits, they both work well with the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Loving these looks and the more professional attire! That bag is gorgeous!

    <3 Shannon 
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your jacket is so cute and I like how you brought it all together with a pop of color. It was a striking addition.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Absolutely love the bag! The youtube creator day sounds fun hope you had a great time
    xx

    Lizzie | Takeoffs & Landings

    ReplyDelete
  50. Thank you all for your kind comments - I'm a bit shy, especially with meeting new people, so I'm glad I got to go to the event and had such a fun time! I really enjoyed it, and I'm thrilled you liked the video too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Mica, that purple Balenciaga steals my heart every time! It's gorgeous! I hope you're well. The weather has been cold and wet again here, ha ha.

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love this bag and the outfit is awesome! XO

    www.cantiquejoice.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. love the balenciaga bag! though i dont think i can personally rock that colour on a handbag. it definitely looks stunning on you!

    ~ fion x
    www.fionism.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. "coming from my bestie's wardrobe, gives me a little boost of confidence"--I LOVE that! My bestie and I actually have Minkoff "Best" and "Friends" pouches, and I always think of her when I use mine! :) The YouTube creator days sound so cool! Yeah, walking into a room full of strangers who aren't strangers must be a strange (sorry, couldn't resist!) experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it was definitely strange meeting all the not quite so strange strangers!
      I love the pouch twinning, that's a great idea! ANd yes, every time I wear bags I think about the friends who helped me buy it, or who let me buy it from their wardrobe, haha! I needed a big confidence boost so this bag was perfect!

      Delete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...