Wednesday 22 August 2018

Monochrome Skinny Jeans Outfits With Converse and Scarves from Fashion Scarf Girl

In case you missed the news on Instagram, I'm thrilled to announce that I'm a brand rep for Fashion Scarf Girl! What this means is that I've got a few scarves (marked C/O below) I get to style over the next 6 months. To really let two of the scarves shine, I paired them with monochromatic skinny jeans outfits and a black Balenciaga Part Time bag.

What I wore:


monochrome grey long sleeve tee outfit nobody denim skinny jeans converse poppy print scarf | awayfromblue

Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH slouchy G21 hardware | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram poppy print fashion scarf girl scarf nobody denim skinny jeans balenciaga part time
Scarf: Fashion Scarf Girl large poppy scarf in white (c/o)
TeeAtmos&Here grey Arizona zip tee
JeansNobody Denim Siren skinny super high-rise jeans in power black denim (C/O)
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

This large poppy print scarf is actually a big rectangle, but for something a little different I decided to tie it together and wear it like a snood. It worked really well, was a nice pop of colour up near my face to distract from the fact that I wasn't feeling too well and also that I was a little nervous - hubby and I had a big appointment that morning. A comfortable outfit with just a little touch of colour was exactly what I needed.

I was glad I'd worn the scarf so snuggly around my neck, it was quite a chilly start to the day, and I'd decided not to wear a tank under this tee as I usually do! The tee is cropped so it pulls up a bit sometimes and usually a tank underneath is necessary to keep things covered. The high waist on these Nobody Denim Siren skinny jeans was enough coverage, even if I did wish I'd worn a tank purely for warmth too!


Last worn: grey zip hem  tee, Nobody Denim Siren jeans, Converse, Balenciaga part time bag. First time I've worn the scarf as it's a recent addition to my wardrobe.

Other ways to weargrey zip hem tee and shorts, Nobody Denim Siren jeans and blazer, Converse and printed dress, Balenciaga part time bag in the office.

Perfect for pregnancygrey zip hem tee hiding a baby bump, Converse for second trimester travel, Balenciaga part time bag in second trimester.


My complete scarf collection (before adding these lovey scarves):







What I wore:

bright orange crinkle scarf with monochromatic striped tee grey skinny jeans converse balenciaga part time outfit | away from blue

black 2010 giant hardware part time bag worn on arm with juicy couture gnome charm | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram sahm style skinny jeans stripe henley outfit with orange crinkle scarf
Scarf: Fashion Scarf Girl plain crinkle scarf in orange (c/o)
TopJeanswest 'Melanie' Stripe henley in black/coconut
JeansJeanswest Cecile dove grey skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
Bag:  Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

Another colourful scarf, and another monochrome outfit to let it shine. I love this bold orange scarf, I'm so excited for all the different ways I'll be able to wear it in future. Keeping things simple I stuck with a similar outfit formula as I wore above. Colourful scarf, long sleeve top, skinny jeans and Converse. Again with the Balenciaga part time bag. I've really been loving this bag lately, being a classic black it goes with everything. Perfect for a little trip down the coast with my boys and meeting up with my parents before going out for lunch.

Because the orange scarf is a big bold single colour, I thought I'd add a print in elsewhere in my outfit, so this striped top was perfect. I'm also realising it's the last month of winter and I still have some winter pieces unworn, so I thought I'd best give it a wear. I'm amazed I'm still finding pieces I haven't worn yet, even after cutting down my winter wardrobe from two big boxes of clothes to just the one.

I was a little wary about the orange and black together. I've mentioned before it's a combo I find tricky as it reminds me of Halloween, but it's something I've been trying out a little more recently. I really liked this outfit, and I'm pleased I gave the orange scarf a go with the black stripes.


Last worn: striped henley, grey skinny jeans, Converse, Balenciaga Part time bag (above). First time I've worn the scarf as it's a recent addition to my wardrobe.

Other ways to wearstriped henley in the office, grey skinny jeans for travel, Converse and tee dress, Balenciaga Part time bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancystriped henley in first trimesterConverse in second trimester, Balenciaga Part time bag in third trimester.


More Colourful Scarves Under $20:


The scarves I'm wearing above are from Fashion Scarf Girl, a local Queensland business. Both are just $10!

How You Can Wear It:

A colourful scarf is a great addition to your winter wardrobe. If you have a monochrome or neutral outfit, it's a wonderful way to add a touch of colour. With a bold floral print, you can pair it with a plain grey tee without worrying a pattern clashing. For a brightly coloured but pattern-less scarf it's easier to pair it with a printed piece like I did with the orange scarf and striped top.


Linking up with Style On The Daily, Fashion Frenzy, Fashion Files, Weekend Wear.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

68 comments:

  1. Funny how a adding a bit of colour can make us feel better, isn't it. I love that poppy red scarf you wore, it complements your complexion...and it is great to know that this pop of colour made you feel better when you had an appointment you felt a bit nervious about. I do like your casual styling. Great jeans...and the red scarf is the perfect pop of colour. I also really like the orange scarf you wore in your second styling. That orange scarf is so gorgeous! Fabulous grey jeans and top! Grey jeans always look so chic. Funny story: I was planning to buy a pair of grey jeans but in the meantime one pair of black jeans I have became so washed out they turned grey and now I'm happy with them :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana! I love bright scarves to add colour to my outfits. Funny story with your jeans! Glad you're happy with them now!

      Delete
  2. hi dear I like both of your looks, but the second one is my favorite one- grey and orange together are perfect duo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both scarves are gorgeous, Mica! They really are fabulous additions to your winter wardrobe. Congrats on being a brand rep!;) I'll def check out their website, as I love supporting local business. Hope you're having a great week so far, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! They are a great business to support - run by a Queensland mum!

      Delete
  4. I think this is a great way to showcase the scarves, and a classic way to wear them.
    I have to admit I shy away from black & orange, yet I think your outfit in no way reminds me of Halloween. Maybe it's the stripes?? But really it's quite perfect to add a punch of color.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie! I think the stripes really helped! :)

      Delete
  5. I honestly can't think of anyone who would be a better fit for a scarf brand rep than you! Congrats on the partnership! As usual I love the beautiful scarf colors you chose to complement your outfits!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gina! I do love my scarves :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on becoming the brand rep. The orange scarf is such a fun touch to any outfit.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so fun! And you're the perfect candidate to be a scarf girl! Hehe :D The poppy one is so pretty
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh congrats on this new brand representation, Mica! I always loved how you incorporate scarves in your daily outfit and how they add a pop of color or pattern into an outfit. Both scarves are great but the first one stole my heart!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb! I do love scarves for a pop of colour :)

      Delete
  9. Loving the pop of orange with those jeans.
    xo Leros | AboutEos

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how adding a pop a color from a scarf makes such a difference with the outfit. It immediately transforms it! Congrats on being a brand rep and can't wait to see more on how you style scarves!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rach! I'm excited to wear more of the scarves :)

      Delete
  11. Happy Wednesday Mica! Congratulations!! I know you will represent their scarf collection beautifully. I adore your pops of color in both looks. It really creates a fun, cute and chic on the go look.
    I pray you are having a wonderful week!

    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tiff! They are lovely scarves to wear :)

      Delete
  12. Orange scarves is my favorite because I really love bright color. Both outfit are so beautiful and you look amazing!

    http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great red scarf. I like the monochromatic outfits choices. Massive congrats on the collaboration, I think the scarves will be fun to style. It's one of my favourite accessories to wear. <3
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are definitely fun to wear :)

      Delete
  14. Wow, congratulations! And I like both of your looks although I understand you wished you had put on a tank top under your first look. Honestly I wear mostly a tank under my sweaters but I think Bavaria is simply normally a cold area. Love the colour combination of the second look so much, orange suits you so well!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's not always cold here in Brisbane, I'm often unprepared, haha!

      Delete
  15. I think both looks are beautiful (not at all reminiscent of Halloween).

    Congratulations on being brand rep. I hope you feel better soon.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kathrin :) I'm feeling much better!

      Delete
  16. I like how you used the scarves to add color to more sedate colors. So fun and easy to wear. But soon it will be spring and summer for you!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm looking forward to wearing these in spring with a few less layers, haha!

      Delete
  17. Congrats on the collaboration, Mica! You're a great ambassador for scarves, as you wear them so well. Both of these additions look great with your neutral wardrobe, and your colourful bags.

    I hope things are okay with you - sending good vibes of support and positivity your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sheila. I am feeling much better! :)

      Delete
  18. These jeans are so cute! x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Wednesday, dear Mica! and congratulations on the collaboration! you represent their scarf collection beautifully. the orange one is my favorite! x
    have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's such a fun scarf :)

      Delete
  20. I couldn't think of someone better suited to represent a scarf company, you are the person that inspired me to purchase two last winter!

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anne. I'm glad I could inspire you!

      Delete
  21. Loving the scarf its so pretty.

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both scarves are beautiful! I would totally wear the poppy scarf in fall. Thanks for giving me inspiration to style my scarf when it is finally fall in North Carolina!

    https://budgetingbelle80.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some inspiration! :)

      Delete
  23. Congratulations Mica, what a great news. You always style your scraves perfectly. xx

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh I am partial to these 2 looks as I love skinny jeans as you know! The black and grey are great, you styled them so well. Balenciaga is a great choice!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on the collaboration. How fun and exciting!! <3 And... I absolutely LOVE both your outfits. I might have to copy these looks - both are so pretty & chic. Happy (almost) Friday, friend!! xo

    www.girlandcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Feel free to copy away!

      Delete
  26. Who doesn't like wearing scarves! They also look really cute on you!

    Mihaailo | mihaailo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are such a fun accessory!

      Delete
  27. I couldn't help but smile at reading that this is the last month of winter for you; it's the last real month of summer for us here! Even though our summer officially ends Sept. 21, the weather often changes to more cool temps before that and many of the beaches close. Anyway, I love both outfits. I couldn't help but admire your bag, I think I'd love to add one like it to my collection either in the same black or red, so cute!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it doesn't cool down too quickly for you! :) I am excited for warmer weather to arrive here soon. Highly recommend the Balenciaga part time bag too!

      Delete
  28. Congratulations! That's really cool! I love the orange scarf - it's such a nice pop of color and looks great against your striped top. You have one of the cutest bag collections. I love your Balenciaga part time bag. All of those studs are stunning and of course, after my heart! Lol Happy Thursday!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Maureen! It's a great bag :)

      Delete
  29. The poppy print scarf makes such a pretty style statement! Congratulations on becoming a brand rep for Fashion Scarf Girl Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Woot! COngrats on being a brand rep for the company:) You're the perfect person to represent a scarf brand! I love both outfits. THose Nobody jeans look so fab on you, and I've always been a fan of black and orange combo, even outside of Halloween:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Emmy! I do love these scarves! :)

      Delete
  31. I need to buy some new scarves! I am so bad with them, I love buying but almost never wear mine.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never resist buying them - they are so fun to wear! :)

      Delete
  32. So comfy casual chic.
    I have scarves but never worn it.

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the pops of colour! I am definitely go to give this formula a go in autumn. Lise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some autumn inspiration! :)

      Delete
  34. The pop of colour on you is charming and orange shade suits you so perfectly! I have some really pretty ones and should wear them more often :)

    Laura xo
    #SheHearts www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be pulling them out soon when it cools down for you!

      Delete
  35. I just had to look up your grey pair of jeans, because they seriously fit so well on you! I could use a new pair. I love that black bag and how you styled the outfit with the grey denim.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.om

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! I love my Jeanswest jeans! :)

      Delete
  36. Thank you all for your lovely comments and congratulations on the brand rep role! I'm thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Two great looks using the same formula: long sleeve tee and scarf. Nicely done Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love both these outfits, especially outfit one! Both the scarves are quite fun, and I like this casual chic look.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...