Wednesday 8 August 2018

Leopard Print Scarves, Knits, Skinny Jeans and Balenciaga Bags

When I'm feeling uninspired in winter I reach for cosy layers and jeans. Of course I still want to keep things interesting - that's where my bright scarves come in, to add an extra something to an otherwise simple outfit of a knit and skinny jeans.

What I wore:

orange leopard print scarf with foil polka dot grey knit black skinny jeans balenciaga part time | awayfromblue

Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH on arm | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram leopard print neon scarf foil polka dot pullover skinny jeans Bal part time bag
ScarfSupre neon pink leopard print scarf
JumperJeanswest Kara foil pullover in smoke marl and silver
JeansJeanswest prima denim super skinny jeans in absolute black
ShoesAsos Cleo leather boots in tan
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

You may notice a slight difference in this photo - or you might not! Being in such a rush in the morning, I didn't get a moment to grab my outfit photos like I usually do. I ended up taking photos when I got home in the afternoon. After I'd visited the priceline pop up store and had false lashes applied for the first time.


The lashes felt weird. I went home with a goodie bag (including more false lashes) but I'm not sure I'd be able to apply them again myself, as easy as the lovely lady made it look! Still, fun to try something different.


My outfit was designed to keep me warm as it was such a cold day, so polka dot foil knit with skinny jeans and tall boots. I felt that the neon leopard print scarf worked nicely with the polka dots and added a bit of colour to my outfit, as I had my black Balenciaga part time bag. It was nice to spend an hour or two kid free (and I picked up a couple of Christmas presents for the boys!) while hubby took the boys to swim lessons. I really liked this outfit, as simple as it is.


Last worn: leopard print scarf, polka dot knit, Prima skinny jeans, ASOS Cleo boots, Balenciaga part time bag.

Other ways to wearleopard print scarf and striped skirt, polka dot knit and shorts, Prima skinny jeans and logo tee, ASOS Cleo boots and stripe dress, Balenciaga part time bag and chambray.

Perfect for pregnancyleopard print scarf hiding an early bump, Prima skinny jeans in second trimester, Balenciaga part time bag in third trimester.


Updated Balenciaga Handbag Collection Video




What I wore:


purple leopard print scarf ombre knit black skinny jeans pink balenciaga sorbet city | away from blue

ombre knit, Balenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram purple leopard print scarf ombre knit skinny jeans and converse winter SAHM style
Scarf: Sportsgirl animal scarf in violet
JumperJeanswest 'Serena' ombre knit
JeansNobody Denim Siren skinny super high-rise jeans in power black denim (C/O)
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet (more affordable preloved)

Why I wore it:

Since I liked the outfit formula in the first outfit so much, I repeated a similar one again a few days later. I realised I hadn't worn this beautiful ombre knit yet this winter, so felt it was time to give it a wear. I stuck with black skinny jeans again to keep things simple, but unlike the first outfit I added a colourful bag with my colourful leopard print scarf. I thought the purple leopard scarf and pink Balenciaga city bag were fun pops against the otherwise neutral outfit.

I was surprised to see that I hadn't worn this scarf and knit together before, I've worn and loved the ombre knit with my purple skinny jeans in the past.

This knit is an open knit, so I layered a long sleeve tee underneath to keep me cosy. This was the perfect outfit for a morning with the boys at my ABA Mother's group, and then a quick grocery shop afterwards.


Last worn: ombre knit, purple leopard print scarf, Nobody Denim Siren jeans, Converse, Balenciaga sorbet city bag.

Other ways to wearombre knit and printed jeans, purple leopard print scarf and maxi dress, Nobody Denim Siren jeans and embroidered tank, Converse and shorts, Balenciaga sorbet city bag and sheath dress.

Perfect for pregnancyombre knit at 40 weeks, purple leopard print scarf in third trimester, Converse for second trimester travel, Balenciaga sorbet city bag in second trimester.



Leopard Print Scarves Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

Neutral outfits are easy to default to in winter. You can add colour to them with fun scarves like these leopard print ones. You don't have to stick to plain kints when you wear them either - the leopard print works well with the ombre and the polka dots. For an extra pop of colour you could do what I did in the second outfit and introduce another colour through a bright handbag.


Linking up with Link Up Party, Fashion Frenzy, Oh Hey Girl, Style On The Daily, Fun Fashion, Weekend Wear, Fabulous Friday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

58 comments:

  1. The leopard print scarf looks gorgeous hun.

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful scarf, love the print on it :D
    With love and sunshine ☀

    Patricia & Miguel
    www.freeoversea.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww you look adorable <3

    http://carmelatte.co

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving these looks, the scarfs are so cute and look very cosy! :) I too am on the fence about false lashes... I think that they look absolutely amazing, but do feel weird plus I am terrible at actually applying them! Thanks for sharing, lovely. <3 xoxo

    Kay
    https://www.shoesandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I haven't tried to apply them myself yet, I think that might be interesting!

      Delete
  5. I feel you about fake lashes! They're so weird. Loving your scarfs by the way. It definitely put a pop of color in the outfit. Have a nice day!

    Joy to the World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I never got used to wearing them at all, haha!

      Delete
  6. Skinny jeans and tall boots are probably what I wear most during the winter months. At least you've got lots of colorful scarves to break things up and add lots of visual interest.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the two outfits, Mica. I want that ombre knit!:D And both the scarves are such great accents to the outfits.
    PS The lashes look fab on you. They enhance your eyes just right and not in such an over-the-top way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmy! They did feel a bit over the top, I was glad they didn't look that way in photos!

      Delete
  8. The false lashes look so cute! The do feel strange at first but I usually find I get used to them after a couple of hours and forget they're even there. Loving the beautiful colors of your scarves, too.
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! I think I need more practice, as I could definitely feel them there all day!

      Delete
  9. Both of those scarves are so fun! You always make me wish I had and wore more scarves, kimonos and maxi dresses, haha!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bright scarves and bags are such a fun and stylish way to infuse some color into any outfit. I'm the same way with false lashes. They look nice but often feel odd to me and I'm not so good about applying them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've yet to try applying these myself, will be interesting when I do!

      Delete
  11. I love both scarves! Reading your blog has oddly got me craving autumn now! Hope you're having a lovely week!
    Amy xx
    callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both outfits but the first is gorgeous! I'm a little bias though because I adore anything blue.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the pairing of the animal print scarf with the polka dot top in the first look. So cute.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very nice and stylish look, dear! Love your bag!

    https://elenabienvenido.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have amazing Balenciaga bags. Loved them all. I like how your leopard print scarf brightens up your first outfit. Great looks.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its always hard to dress for the winter time. I love pink scarf. I have never worn fake lashes before. They look great on you.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It was fun to try them for the first time!

      Delete
  17. Hi Mica
    I've never tryed false eyelashes. Looks like you had fun with it.
    I love animal print, it always gives that special touch and some how feline to a woman. I liked your more relaxed look with the sneakers.
    I hope you have a great week.


    Much love
    Marisa

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Christmas presents? Wow, your early! Those lashes look good, but I can understand that it feels weird! Lovely looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! Need to take advantage of ny kid free moments to shop!

      Delete
  19. Aw, your two pictures bracketing the pink handbag picture are not working for me. :(

    I love your false eyelashes, but I agree - they feel weird! I usually only wear them for parties. Fabulous pop of pink with your leopard scarf, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how frustrating the pictures didn't work! :( Maybe a bip with blogger.

      Delete
  20. I also don't like fake lashes. They're cool to try, but I don't think I could wear them often haha.

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not an everyday thing for me!

      Delete
  21. False lashes are tricky to apply and require a lot of practice, something I don't have either. They do make a huge difference though, even the more natural looking ones.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you could really tell I had them on - was a strange experience!

      Delete
  22. I always love good fitting skinny jeans like this.
    Great styling too Mica.

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love both of those leopard print scarves, Mica! I especially love the first pink neon one! It's so pretty! Both of your jumpers are fab too: pretty and cosy! I tried false lashes about 10 years ago and they looked ridiculous on me! I almost glued my eyelids shut! Ha!;) Hope you're having a great week. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that fear is why I've not tried putting them on myself yet!

      Delete
  24. Looooove a good leopard print and the scarves are so colourful! The pink Balenciaga bag is such a cute pop of colour too. The lashes look fab - but I agree, I've had them on before and they feel a little weird! Possibly a bit much for a SAHM :D

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely not an everyday look for me!

      Delete
  25. that leopard print scarf is my favorite! i've tried false lashes once and never touch them again since. haha! i love the color combination on this x
    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to try apply these myself, just haven't been brave enough yet, ha!

      Delete
  26. I love that you wear your scarves so much Mica!! I never wore them until I started blogging because I couldn't quite figure out how, when, why, etc...
    But you've mastered it so perfectly!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie :) They are a winter essential for me!

      Delete
  27. I think false lashes look nice on you, in that photo they don't seem like too much at all. Moreover, these outfits are lovely. That leopard scarf is such a fun pop of colour and print.

    I do agree that neutral outfits are easy to style...and dress up and down. Have a lovely day!

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana! Was definitely an interesting experience wearing them!

      Delete
  28. I really like your outfit! And your bag is so amazing!

    http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look amazing in skinny jeans. And I especially like that beautiful gray sweater with the foiled detail and the lovely marked yarn. I have been getting eyelash extensions on and off for the last year, and I like the way they open up my eyes. But they do take some getting used to. Have a great weekend.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I could try eyelash extensions, I'm a bit wary of things near my eyes, but these worked out okay!

      Delete
  30. Hi Mica, your lashes look natural and cute! As always, I adore your collection of scarves.The print is so fun and it compliments both looks beautifully. Oh, I love the boots too. I hope I get a chance to wear boots this winter.

    I pray you are having a great week!

    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your black denim looks great, almost looks like leggings they're such a great fit!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both such great pairs, lots of stretch!

      Delete
  32. Your scarves are so cute:) I think false lashes feel weird too but really do like how I look in them. That said, I don't wear them all that often:)

    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not something I'd wear often either!

      Delete
  33. You look beautiful in both outfits! I have a hard time with false lashes too, but I love how they look :D
    www.thefancycats.pt

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the pops of color in both of your looks, especially that pink bag. That's such a fun one! I like the way the lashes look, but I wondered if false lashes would feel strange to wear. I've never tried them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely felt strange to me to wear! NOt sure how people can wear them so often!

      Delete
  35. Your scarves are so pretty and fun! And your sweaters look so comfy! I want both outfits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Well even though you may not be so inspired, the results of the look with that pretty scarf are outstanding Mica- I also like your (insert flutter sound here) eyelashes !!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...