Wednesday 11 October 2017

Easy Spring Outfit Formula: Purple Cardi, Skinny Jeans and Printed Top

The upside to having a backlog of outfit pictures is that I can get on top of blogging and schedule posts in advance. The downside is that the outfits don't always make sense afterwards!

As I'm typing up this post, I'm enjoying the beautiful 35+ degree weather (95 fahrenheit) and I'm contemplating turning on the air con... while I look at these photos taken earlier in spring just a couple weeks ago with jeans and cardigans!

Currently sweltering weather aside, these outfits are a great spring outfit formula for a colder day. I've shared similar ones before, it's such easy SAHM style.

What I wore:

purple cardigan polka dot tee skinny jeans pink bag SAHM spring mother's group outfit | Away From Blue

Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC | Away From The Blue

awayfromblue instagram purple cardigan navy polka dot tee skinny jeans
JacketJeanswest Dana drape knit cardi in boysenberry
Necklace: Nibbly Bits BB plum silicone teething necklace (C/O)
TopJeanswest Flavia foil printed polka dot tee deep iris
JeansJeanswest prima denim super skinny jeans in absolute black
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagRebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC

Why I wore it:

I wore this to attend my local ABA mum's group meeting and run a few errands. It was a slightly cooler morning so I added the cardigan, although I took it off when it warmed up in the afternoon. The group topic was babywearing, which was perfect for me as I wanted to see if there were different ways to wear my Ergo baby carrier. I learned how to back carry which is awesome, as when you back carry it's easier to sling a cross body bag over. I find when I front carry the thick shoulder straps make it tricky to get any bag to stay put for long.

I really like this navy polka dot tee with the black skinny jeans - in the past I was alway unsure about wearing black and blue together. It was actually an ASOS sale purchase that convinced me, a colourblock dress I no longer have but you can see waaay back at the start of my blog! Since seeing the dress and subsequently buying it, I realised navy and black looked pretty good together, and I've been wearing it since. Sometimes just shopping opens your eyes to new combinations!


Last worn: purple cardigan, navy polka dot tee, prima black skinny jeans, Walnut Melbourne flats, Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC.

Other ways to wearpurple cardigan and embroidered tunic, navy polka dot tee and maxi skirt, prima jeans and embroidered tank, Walnut Melbourne flats and pencil skirt, Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC and maxi skirt.

Perfect for pregnancy: purple cardi in first trimesterskinny jeans and a belly band in second trimester, ballet flats and maternity pencil skirt.


Striped Tanks and Polka Dot Tees Under $50:






What I wore:

jeanswest cecile grey skinny jeans stripe tank purple cardigan daycare drop off pick up style | AwayFromBlue

slouchy Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH | AwayFromTheBlue

awayfromblue instagram purple cardigan with monochromatic stripe tank skinny jeans spring outfit
JacketJeanswest Dana drape knit cardi in boysenberry
NecklaceHouse of Harlow sunburst necklace in silver and grey
TankAtmos & Here Oregon stripe tank
JeansJeanswest Cecile dove grey skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

Wore this to work from home, with a cold morning making me reach for my favourite cosy cardigan for daycare drop off. By lunch time I'd taken the cardigan off, although I did need to wear it again for the daycare pick up in the afternoon.

I don't usually carry such a big bag on my work from home days as even when I run errands before daycare pickup I don't need to carry much. I was pretty tired that morning though so grabbed the bag I'd used for work the previous day. The Balenciaga part time is a cross body bag, but I prefer smaller cross body bags that are closer to my body when I'm wearing a bag around my boys, even just for daycare drop off and pickups.

If you're unsure about colourful cardigans, a monochromatic outfit like this is a good time to wear them. It lets the purple be the only pop of colour in your outfit and you know everything will go together nicely. Easy, fool-proof mum style when you're too tired to function in the morning and put a lot of thought into your outfit!


Last worn: purple cardigan (above), striped tank, grey skinny jeans, silver ballet flats, Balenciaga part time bag.

Other ways to wearpurple cardigan and chambray dress, striped tank and maxi skirt, grey skinny jeans and Converse, silver ballet flats and chambray skirt, Balenciaga part time bag and striped dress.


Perfect for pregnancy: purple cardi in first trimester, ballet flats and maternity wrap dress, Balenciaga part time bag and maternity pencil skirt.



Purple Cardigans Under $50:








How You Can Wear It:

Need a way to switch up that mum staple of skinny jeans? Try a printed top like I have in the outfits above. You can go one step further and add colourful accessories - a bright cardigan is a good option for a spring day and the fluctuating temperatures that occur. If you're worried about matching colours, just throw on your colourful cardigan with a monochromatic outfit full of neutrals. Easy!


Linking up with Fashion Files, Fun Fashion, Fabulous Friday, Modest Monday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

39 comments:

  1. These outfits are so much my style! I always go for simple and comfortable and almost always wear a cardigan. So cute!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the navy and polka dot tee in your first outfit! The metallic dots on the navy is such a classic combination!

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect looks, so stylish! Great post, thanks for sharing :)

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outfits like these are basically foolproof for every day wear. The weather by you sounds lovely! We're still enjoying warm weather in NYC but I know it's just a matter of time before it will be freezing. Thanks so much for your kind words of encouragement Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful outfit, Mica. I like how you combined black and navy blue. Who would have thought it would be this stunning?

    Sometimes just shopping opens your eyes to new combinations . . . You are right about that!

    amakamedia.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful color combo...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both outfits! And fabulous bags!!!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  8. What I love about both these outfits is that they're both easy-breezy to put on and yet still look very stylish. That boysenberry cardigan is a really great layering piece. And really want that Balenciaga part time bag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color of your cardigan! I used to have one in a similar color but it got worn out--I need to find another to replace it. That's one of my favorite outfit formulas too--cardigan + print top + jeans. Both of these are such fun, pretty looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping this never gets worn out and I still have many more wears left from it! :)

      Delete
  10. I love this look. That pink bag is the perfect pop of color!

    x,
    S | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both nice, classic outfits and look at you in all that colour, Ms. Mica! Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I find cardigans a nice way to add more colour, helping me be a little more adventurous with my outfits! :)

      Delete
  12. Lovely outfits ! I really love the polka dot tee. Sounds like you are having some great weather! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really into cardis at the moment too - they're a much easier piece of clothing to work with compared to jackets, especially in these transitions seasons! Also, it doesn't really get super super cold so sometimes I could just throw a cardi over a jumper and that would be enough. And of course I love spots and stripes - my favourite prints :)

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've only recently discovered how great they are the past few years, such a go-to choice for me now!

      Delete
  14. The both looks super comfy and stylish! Great styling!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use the Ergo all the time too and have the same problem with wearing bags, I should figure out how to back carry too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make carrying bags so much easier! :)

      Delete
  16. I really love that hot pink purse, such a nice pop of color to that outfit. I would have never guessed that was a teething necklace, either! I love comfy styles like this and I know what you mean about the weather changing and taking outfit photos ahead.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm lucky to have such a great collection of stylish teething necklaces! :)

      Delete
  17. Well we're going into winter here Mica, so I appreciate your backlog. HaHaHa I've loved your skinny jeans for so long, I invested in several pair myself. I love them. I love the printed tops and cardigans you paired with them. They look really good.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a great formula for Spring and Fall. Layering is a must here for me but it's because it's so cold! I love that hot pink bag and pink is a trending color this fall. I'll have to keep my eyes open for a pink bag like this!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many pink bags, I can't resist them!

      Delete
  19. I like how simple yet stylish this outfit is. Plus the cardigan is purple which can be really hard to pair with anything. Great styling. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ) I wear purple and blue together a lot, it's a fun colour to accessorise with :)

      Delete
  20. Both outfits are so nice, I have a cardigan with a similar colour that I plan to wear a lot now, the weather is changing (finally) and I need something to cover up in the morning!! Happy Friday Mica xx

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  21. Purple is my favorite color! Love how you matched it with the jeans!


    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cardigans are a perfect way to add color and look more polished. I use to have so many cardis but little by little have been getting rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoep you can narrow it down to just your favourites! I definitely have some I wear more than others.

      Delete
  23. You always do such a wonderful job of layering pieces well, Mica! I really like the mix of pretty colors and the addition of patterns in each of your looks. Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday!

    Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so cute! I love the pink bag.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...