Wednesday 8 May 2024

Printed Tanks and Midi Skirts With 5-Zip Bag

Just like my previous post, sticking to a simple outfit formula and repeating it over again. Unlike the last time I tried this though, I didn't like both of these outfits equally. Both are midi skirt and Converse outfits for work, with printed tanks and my Rebecca Minkoff blue 5-zip bag.


What I wore:




Necklace: silver heart long pendant necklace
Top: Jeanswest Elissa leaf print tank
Skirt: thrifted &Me blue linen button up midi skirt with pockets
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star coast blue
Bracelets: the usual
Bagvintage original Rebecca Minkoff 5-zip in faded electric blue


Why I wore it:

I realised it had been a while since I'd worn this fern print tank so figured I'd better get a wear in before the autumn weather really arrives in Brisbane! With the blue in the fern print, this blue linen button up midi skirt seemed like an obvious pairing. I then added more blue with the Converse and the faded electric blue Rebecca Minkoff 5-Zip bag.

I wanted something light to wear as we had another team lunch at an outdoor restaurant - this was good for the aircon in the office but cool enough to wear outside with the linen fabric.


Last worn: fern print tank, silver heart necklace, button up linen midi skirt, blue Converse, Rebecca Minkoff 5 zip bag.

Other ways to wearfern print tank and jeans, button up linen midi skirt and neutral tank, blue Converse and dress, Rebecca Minkoff 5 zip bag and denim.






What I wore:




Necklace: Tiffany & Co silver 5th Avenue notes heart pendant necklace
Top: Jeanswest Florence print long line tank
Skirt: Kmart breeze green broderie anglaise midi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
Bracelets: the usual
Bagvintage original Rebecca Minkoff 5-zip in faded electric blue


Why I wore it:

This outfit, while the same formula as the outfit above, I didn't like as much. It's a midi skirt and printed tank, again with Converse and the faded electric blue Rebecca Minkoff 5-zip bag. I wasn't sure because of the broderie fabric on the skirt if the printed tank looked too busy with it. While the tank is a neutral with browns and creams in the crosshatch print they are a bit busy together.

I felt it worked enough to give it a try that morning, I just kept wondering through the day if the outfit looked a bit much with the print and the detailed skirt fabric. I think if it had been a plain tank or a plain skirt I would have liked this a bit more. Still, was okay for a day in the office and not every outfit will be one I love.


Last worn: brown printed tank, Tiffany necklace, green broderie midi skirt, white Converse, Rebecca Minkoff 5-zip bag (above).

Other ways to wearbrown printed tank and pencil skirt, green broderie midi skirt in festive outfit, white Converse and dress, Rebecca Minkoff 5-zip bag with red.

Perfect for pregnancybrown printed tank in third trimesterwhite Converse in second trimester.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

3 comments:

  1. You can never go wrong with a simple outfit.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both outfits are beautiful! It's hard when an outfit doesn't come together exactly as you hoped it would, but I think the second outfit looks great. <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mix of the prints on the tank tops and the midi skirts! I bet it was the mix of the prints on the second outfit for you, but I actually really like it because of the bright green of the skirt, it really pops against the tank top, but I love both looks!!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...