Monday 9 March 2020

Printed A-Line Skirts and Blazers With Balenciaga Part Time Bag: Weekday Wear Link Up!

For today's weekday wear linkup I'm wearing two pretty a-line skirts that don't get much wear on my stay at home mum days. They are perfect for my business casual office though, especially when dressed up with a blazer.

What I wore:

mustard print pleated skirt with turquoise tank and black accessories | autumn business casual outfit awayfromblue

Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram | turquoise and pleated mustard print skirt and blazer autumn business casual office outfit with Balenciaga part time bag
Jacketthrifted Zara black blazer
Necklace: Roie Designs multi chain layered beaded necklace
Top: Jeanswest Vickie button back tank in enamel blue
Skirt: Garfunkle Australia pleated print skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

I wear a lot of neutrals with this pretty mustard, black and white printed pleated skirt. Black and greys go perfectly with it, but I decided to try something a little different and wear this bright turquoise tank. I really liked the combination! The turquoise and mustard felt a bit bright together so the black jersey blazer, black multi chain necklace and black Balenciaga part time bag were nice neutral pieces to add on top. I thought that the silver ballet flats were a nice choice with the silver studded hardware on the Balenciaga bag.

I rediscovered this necklace when I was setting up my new walk in wardrobe. It's been a long time since it's been worn, with it being a very attractive toy to grabby little babies and toddlers meaning I haven't even thought about it for a few years! It was perfect for this busy day in the office, I love a good statement necklace. Even if the little one did have a bit of a play with it in the afternoon, it survived! It's been so long since I last wore it I can't even find it on the blog to link to it.


Last worn: jersey blazer, turquoise tank, mustard pleated skirt, silver ballet flats, Balenciaga part time bag.

Other ways to wearjersey blazer and midi dressturquoise tank and jeansmustard pleated skirt and peach cami, silver ballet flats and band tee, Balenciaga part time bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancyjersey blazer in third trimester, mustard pleated skirt in second trimester, silver ballet flats in third trimester, Balenciaga part time bag in second trimester.


What's In My Bag -  Balenciaga Part Time Bag:










What I wore:

navy green and black printed skirt and boucle blazer business causal office outfit | away from blue

Balenciaga part time in black 2010 slouchy | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | black Balenciaga part time with leaf print silk skirt navy black and green outfit
NecklaceStarfish Project Hannah turquoise bead necklace
Jacket: Jeanswest Dixie collarless jacket
Tank: MEV Britney bubble tank in mood indigo C/O
SkirtFrench Connection silk leaf print skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

Unlike the outfit above, this one isn't really trying new things! I've worn this pretty green beaded necklace with this silk leaf print skirt quite a few times, it's a nice bit of matchy-matchy with the print on the skirt. In fact this whole outfit is the autumn version of this winter outfit. I'm just wearing bare legs instead of tights, a navy blue tank instead of a cobalt knit, and a cropped boucle blazer instead of a trench coat.

I really liked this outfit! I think the navy tanks works so well with all the black and with the green in the skirt.  This tank is so close to 30 wears, this is it's 27th wear. For a breastfeeding tank it's definitely been a worthwhile addition to my wardrobe. The nursing access is so discreet I can easily wear it even though I'm no longer breastfeeding.


Last worn: boucle blazer, navy bamboo tank, green necklace, silk leaf print skirt, black ballet flats, Balenciaga part time bag (above).

Other ways to wearboucle blazer worn two ways, navy bamboo tank and shorts, silk leaf print skirt and tee, black ballet flats and dress, Balenciaga part time bag and printed jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyboucle blazer in second trimester, navy bamboo tank in third trimester, silk leaf print skirt in early second trimester, black ballet flats in third trimester, Balenciaga part time bag in second trimester.



A-Line Skirts Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A fun knee-length a-line skirt is a great choice for a business casual office outfit. You can keep things simple and professional by adding a black blazer on top and neutral accessories to let the printed skirt be the star of your outfit.





Weekday Wear Linkup #61


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!



Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




Linking up with Confident TwosdayTurning Heads, Oh Hey Girl, Style Six, Fashion Files, Chic and Stylish, Glam Adventure.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

64 comments:

  1. i really like the turquoise with the skirt Mica, it's so cheery and makes the mustard seem more vibrant. Your new walk in wardrobe sounds so nice, I'd love to have a better organized space.
    Thanks for the link up!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a colour combination I'll need to wear more of! :)

      Delete
  2. cute outfit! I really love your skirt!

    http://lifeisashoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that skirt, definitely my style too. And I adore that bag!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of these printed skits and I adore adore the tweed blazer in the second look! The mixtures of textures is so chic and cool! Thanks for the link up.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These skirts are so cute and fun!! I love the flow of them. I hope you have a great week ahead lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mica, both of these skirts are so adorable! I love the colors and the prints and you always accessorize so beautifully. I hope your week is off to a great start!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cool that MEV is actually a breastfeeding tank! And love the skirt for sure. Mustard and turquoise is such a great colour combo:)
    Hope you're having a lovely start to the week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's one of only two breastfeeding / maternity pieces I kept! Such a good staple!

      Delete
  8. I love colorful skirts and I like the shape of A line skirts too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of these skirts! I like the mustard and teal combo a lot. It is very cheery and fun.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, fantastic outfits...and I really like the bag!😊😊

    And thank you so much for your visit and fabulous comment!👍

    Have a lovely day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oeh lala, I love both skirts! Good colors together! Have a great start of the week love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice outfits! I like the layered necklace in the 1st look, isn't it fun rediscovering pieces? The turquoise color in the second look is so cheery, even though you switched out minor things from your winter look--it still counts--sometimes even little switch outs can have a big impact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it's an easy way to come up with an outfit if you look at a previous way you wore it and just change a few things :)

      Delete
  13. Both of these skirts are so cute! The first one styled with the turquoise is so pretty! Such a great combo!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have such a great selection of prints in your closet! Always love seeing how you wear them!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of those shirts are so cute! You have styled these outfits so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both looks are great, I love your use of blues and prints in these looks and the preloved blazer from Zara looks great with sleeves rolled up. Such fun put together looks for the office.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of these skirts are perfect for spring, and I love how you style them. Have a great week, Mica!

    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like this combination.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so right - those skirts are absolutely perfect for business casual looks! I love that they are professional but still have lots of colour, print, and personality.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello
    Thank you for inviting me to your link up. It is with great pleasure that I participate. I liked your second look more, very modern for an office look. Your bags are always wonderful.
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are both fabulous outfits that show off that fun skirt really well. Great work on pairing that print with turquoise! It's a great match. You could also do a coral-red - that would also go well, I think.

    Have a fabulous week, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I have a coral top that I should try that with! :)

      Delete
  22. I that awesome you still wear your nursing clothes. I packed all of mine away.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept this tank and a dress and gave the rest away :)

      Delete
  23. This is such a gorgeous outfit! The turquoise and yellow combo is so pretty. I really love that skirt!

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. That turquoise top is so pretty with the mustard and black skirt! I wouldn't have thought of that color combination but it totally works!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those are both such pretty skirts and I love how they add color to your looks. I especially love the pop of turquoise in your second look--that is one of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have so many print skirts like this and it's because they work with everything.
    OOXX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to add more to my wardrobe - midi skirts seem to be more popular in stores at the moment though!

      Delete
  27. I love the color pops of this look! That skirt is so cute on you and great for the office.

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  28. That skirt looks really cute. I like it paired more with the blue top. I agree, Balenciaga city can hold a lot as I got one recently.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love how discreet that breastfeeding tank is! Need one of those!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. totally love your bag!
    may I know if you can fit a 13inch Macbook air in it?

    thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure sorry! I don't have a macbook so couldn't tell you.

      Delete
  31. These printed A line skirts are so lovely. I love how you paired them with blazers. You created wonderful office chic outfits.

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey Mica, first of all hope you're doing great and thank you so much for stopping on my blog! Good to know that you're working on your personal project.... good luck with your blog :)

    And nice proposal! I feel that this OOTD is so versatile and you can go from an important meeting and have a meal with friends or family. Blazers are the big thing right now so take advantage of it..... Oooh and that bag was definitely a good investment, I remember it was a huge success a few years ago, take care of this piece :)

    Pablo
    www.heyfungi.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nice looks!
    HAPPY WEEK
    xoxo
    http://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such pretty + professional looks! Definitely versatile for a gal on the go!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  35. That skirt is so cute for summer, love it. You outfits are always on point x

    Laura
    https://www.beautywithlala.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. These are two lovely skirts, and I like both outfits you created around them. I do not think the turquoise and mustard are too much together, but I guess you knew I was going to say that :-) I hope your week is going well, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love it! that bag is really really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just love that awfully cute skirt! And three cheers on the blog. I love the bright yellow and the turquoise is such fun.

    Thanks for stopping by Marmelade Gypsy -- it was delightful to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Looks like a really good bag :-D

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank you for this fabulous workwear inspiration! Love both of these looks!

    I hope you have a fabulous week!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the pattern on your skirt—the colors are unexpected but so fresh together!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the yellow print! It looks beautiful styled with that purse! Have a great week!
    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com
    ♥ | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  43. This skirt is so pretty and I love how you've styled it with blue. Have a super week Mica. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  44. colors combination of your outfit are perfect...love it.
    Have a great day

    # I follow you, hope you follow me as well

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great stylings my dear! I love your first outfit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Good grief, I think that bag has been misidentified. It is more like a suitcase with all it can hold.
    Your outfits in this post are especially precious. Love skirts. I think I am a skirt girl. Going to check out a few of the under $50 options you shared.
    I am in the market for a new bag. Rarely buy them. Need something neutral and roomy with compartments! Off tomorrow to search.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it definitely fits a lot! It's a great bag for work as I can throw everything in it.

      Delete
  47. Very nic skirt, Mica. You created lovely look. I love the mustard and turquoise color together. Lovely bag too.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Mica! Long time, no comments!;) I apologise for being so slack lately! I love both of these pretty skirts! You've styled them both so well. Hope you and your family are well :) Thanks for the linkup! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  49. You look great! I steer clear of yellow typically, but the pops of yellow look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  50. That's such a cute combination dear. Love the skirt too.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Two very pretty skirts - and OMG you can fit a house in that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thank you all for your lovely comments, and for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...