Friday 20 January 2023

Kmart Linen Shorts, Tees, and Chloe Small Paraty Bags

Making the most of my recently thrifted pieces again! Pairing these thrifted linen shorts with thrifted cover ups, textured tees, and some new pieces I got for Christmas. 


What I wore:

kmar linen pull on paperbag waist shorts with embroidered cover up and space dye tee | awayfromblue


Jacket: thrifted Kmart black and white embellished cover up
Necklace: terrazzo and wood rose gold bead necklace
Tee: thrifted Mix Apparel black marle tee
Shorts: thrifted Kmart cumin linen blend pull on shorts (new purchase)
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual (and a hair tie on my other wrist)
BagChloe periwinkle small Paraty with handmade textured strap


Why I wore it:

This was a nice relaxing day on the coast. After a slow start to the day we headed to the creek for a little swim. Cooper wasn't interested in getting his paws wet so I ended up just sitting in the shade with him relaxing, before lunch with my sister and then heading home.

While it was a hot day, this embroidered cover up and the linen shorts were great for the heat. Tucking in the tee, which was also an opshop find, worked well to show off the fun paperbag waist on the shorts. 

Took my little periwinkle Chloe Paraty bag, with this beautiful handmade bag strap my friend made me for Christmas. I wasn't sure if the textured strap, space dye tee, textured necklace and embroidered cover up were too much together, but I think taken as a whole outfit it worked.


Last worn: embroidered cover up, space dye tee, wooden necklace, Havaianas, Chloe periwinkle Paraty. First time I've worn the shorts as they were a recent opshop find.

Other ways to wearembroidered cover up and denim shorts, space dye tee and green jeans, Chloe periwinkle Paraty and floral dress.



What Fits Inside Chloe Small Paraty Bag:






What I wore:

navy kmart tee and fuchsia pink linen shorts pixel print cover up and purple chloe paraty bag | awayfromblue

Chloe small Paraty bag in wine purple | awayfromtheblue


Jacket: thrifted digital print no label kimono
Necklace: Colette marble and gold pendant drop long necklace
Tee: Kmart Dnight navy textured v-neck tee
Shorts: thrifted Kmart fuchsia linen blend shorts
ShoesSketchers Bountiful navy fabric sneakers
Bracelets: the usual
Bag: Chloe small Paraty bag in wine purple (Christmas gift)


Why I wore it:

Another day in the sun, and another pair of Kmart linen shorts! I love fuchsia pink with navy so it seemed like such an obvious pairing to wear this new Kmart navy textured tee mum got me for Christmas with the bright pink shorts. I added the digital print cover up for a little extra sun protection in the playground, and because the magenta in the print works so well with the shorts. The navy Sketchers were a gift too and were a nice bit of matchy-matchy with the tee.

Wasn't sure what colour bag to wear with this but realised my new purple small Chloe Paraty bag would go nicely with the pink and blue. It was good to give it its first wearing as well. I'd been watching this for months and talking my friends ear off about it before deciding I wanted it for Christmas. Luckily hubby agreed!

We had a nice morning at the park and some decluttering and reorganising at home in the afternoon before I headed down the coast for dinner with my sister.


Last worn: digital print cover up, marble necklace, fuchsia linen shorts, navy Sketchers. First time I've worn the navy textured tee and the purple Paraty bag as they were Christmas presents.

Other ways to weardigital print cover up over a dress, fuchsia linen shorts with yellow, navy Sketchers and grey tee.




How You Can Wear It:

Linen shorts are great for hot days in the sun. Don't forget to add some physical sunblock over your sunscreen too with a light cover up like I have on both of these outfits. 



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

22 comments:

  1. Love both of these looks! Love where you took that first photo. Both kimonos are so pretty!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely beach although very busy!

      Delete
  2. I not only love these outfits but I love the setting of the first one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beach looks amazing! And your lightweight kimonos are just the ticket.

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was nice that your husband got you the handbag you wanted for Christmas.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is very understanding when it comes to my love of bags, I'm lucky! haha!

      Delete
  5. While both thrifted linen shorts are gorgeous, my favourite outfit is the second one. I agree on fuchsia and navy being a great combo,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, I hadn't finished :-) I was going to add that I love how well the magenta in your kimono's pattern works with the fuchsia shorts! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm going to have to pair these two together more often!

      Delete
  7. These outfits look perfect for being out and about in the sun! Both cool and comfy!

    Hope you're having a great day, friend, and wishing you a wonderful weekend! :)

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linen is such a smart choice for those hot summer days since it's so lightweight and breathable. Both outfits look light and breezy and it sounds like you had good days when you wore them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, an "in the wild" picture of you! I love it! I like that you scrapped the belt from the linen shorts in the first outfit. What a lovely shade of purple/wine your new bag is! You with a potential new bag sounds like me with potential new Fluevogs!!

    Have a great weekend, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, it is so exciting to get a new accessory that goes with everything!

      Delete
  10. I love that first photograph of you. Being next to the water is the best thing isn't it. It seems you had a lovely time. Both of the outfits you shared are fab. You wear shorts well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, something so calming about spending time by water!

      Delete
  11. Your wine purple Chloe bag is to die for!! I also love your shorts in the first pic--that color always looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That first picture is so beautiful! What a gorgeous place to spend a little time. And of course, you looked fashionable all the while. Those linen shorts sound perfect for the warmer months.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wearing them a lot over summer, a great addition to my wardrobe!

      Delete
  13. Loving your color choices with both outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Muy lindo el segundo outfit, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks all for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...