Wednesday 20 February 2019

Maxi Skirts and Frill Sleeve Tees With Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag

You will recognise these frill sleeve tees - I got them as presents last year from my mum. They are nice, basic block colours, with a fun little frill on each sleeve and heavy been frequently worn since I got them. While I've worn them with shorts before, it was time to try something different and pair them with maxi skirts.

What I wore:

navy frill sleeve tee red boho printed maxi skirt summer style outfit | awayfromblue

red printed maxi skirt and Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag in almond | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram navy frill sleeve top red boho printed maxi skirt MAB camera bag
Necklace: Kmart blue multi-colour beaded necklace
Skirt: thrifted Billabong red printed maxi skirt

Why I wore it:

Not the first time I've worn this red printed maxi skirt with a navy top! I really like the combination. I thought this skirt would be perfect for another hot and humid day. I was just working from home so wanted something cool and comfortable to wear. This skirt is perfect as it's such a light fabric and it billows around as I walk, making its own lovely breeze!

I kept the accessories simple - this beaded necklace pairs so nicely with the navy tee and I thought the gold sandals were a nice matchy-matchy touch with the gold hardware on the MAB camera bag, you know I love a bit of matching in my outfit.




Handbag Reveal: Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag







What I wore:

pink frill sleeve tee and chambray maxi skirt, rebecca minkoff mab camera bag summer heatwave outfit | away from the blue

blue and pink maxi skirt outfit with rebecca minkoff mab camera bag cross body | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue instagram hot pink frill sleeve tee with blue chambray maxi skirt tan rebecca minkoff MAb camera bag
Necklace: navy and silver circle pendant tassel necklace

Why I wore it:

Wanted an easy outfit for a busy day - had to go update my expired passport. I always look washed out in passport photos so I thought that the bright pink tee would be a good choice to try make me look a bit more awake! 😂 I also needed something simple to cope with the summer heatwave we were experiencing, so I could also run errands after the passport appointment, pickup my friend in the afternoon, and go to another friend's house to watch church online together.

The night was a little more stressful than anticipated when my son, overexcited by dinner being ready, decided to bounce over to the unzipped opening of the mesh around the trampoline. I turned around after helping my other son down, just in time to see him bounce right out of the opening and off the trampoline through the air. I caught him before he hit the ground but he got a little bashed on the way down by the side of the trampoline. It was hilarious and terrifying all at once!

With the chambray skirt and pink tee, I thought this navy necklace complimented the combination nicely, even if the necklace had silver hardware and the MAB camera bag has gold hardware. I don't mind mixing metals in my outfits, and do it often. The camera bag was a great neutral addition for the colourful outfit.

While I did love this outfit, the heat and humidity left my outfit looking a bit crumpled! One of those outfits that didn't look as good in the photos as I felt it did while wearing it.


Last worn: pink frill sleeve tee, navy tassel necklace, chambray maxi skirt, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag (above).


Frill Sleeve Tees Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

If you're looking for a another way to wear a tee in summer instead of shorts, why not try a maxi skirt? You can pick a basic block colour skirt like the chambray one, or change it up a little with a printed skirt like in the first outfit. It's an easy combination to pull together that's still just as practical to wear in the heat if you pick a lighter fabric maxi skirt.


Linking up with Fabulous Friday, Fancy Friday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : 
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

52 comments:

  1. Mummy did a great job giving you that cute navy tee, I love how you paired it with your maxi skirt. It looks so comfortable to wear.
    The Glossychic
    Wonder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these frill sleeve tops are so cute, Mica! I love extra details like that and both colours are so pretty! I love the navy and red combo in the first outfit but am also equally loving the bright pink and chambray combo in the second outfit! It's so true about the humidity leaving outfits looking crumpled! This heat has left me looking crumpled too! Ha! ;) Hope you're managing to stay cool! I've had the aircon on non-stop! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hot! I was hoping the cyclone might break the heat a bit! Friday was nice but it's back to hot and humid today as it's gone out to sea!

      Delete
  3. I like so much your maxi skirts! So beautiful outfits. Have a great day!
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the photos are wonderful Mica. Those shirts have enough interest to make them stand out...and the pink is such a gorgeous color. I do find in the heat that some shirts aren't my friends...that's when I throw on a kimono..ha ha!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love the red and navy together!!

    xx Leah / www.leahbehr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, your son's trampoline accident sounds a little scary! Glad everyone is okay! That's so sweet that your mom got you both of those tees! Such a cute ruffle detail on the sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the pretty red maxi, Mica. I've looked at that RM bag online, it is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the bag with the first outfit, it gives it a sort of a mod-retro vibe. I have a vintage camera bag that is one of my favourites. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week. I'm already excited for spring. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm swooning over your first maxi, Mica! What an amazing colour and pattern. I love how you combined it with the navy top. That's definitely my favourite outfit of the two. The trampoline incident must have been terrifying at the time, and only hilarious in hindsight! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm just so glad he was okay! He was a such a sight, flying through the air!

      Delete
  10. such lovely looks!! the first one is my fav, I love how you paired blue with orange, Mica. it's such a perfect outfit for another humid day indeed. x
    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The thrifted Billabong skirt is gorgeous! I really love the burnt orange colour as well as the pattern. :]

    // Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  12. The orange skirt is a glorious colour - and I love it with the caramel bag and the blue (blue and orange, you can never go wrong). I hate it when an outfit you love just doesn't photograph right! You look amazing in that vibrant pink, Mica. OMG, what a crazy bounce your son had! Good thing you caught him!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mica,
    Hi! First of all, good luck with the not getting a washed-out passport look. Here in the United States, they prefer we don't smile so the photo looks like a mug shot.
    Your son , thank God you rescued him just in time.
    Finally, love the camera bag, a great neutral bag to own, it amps up your outfit just enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the same rules with passport photos unfortunately!

      Delete
  14. Ah yes red and navy are great together and that RM camera bag is such fun and approachable color and will go with so many pieces. I have my eye on the Marc Jacobs camera bag but then I spied a red Hello Kitty crossbody at Pinko and I had to have it!

    Allie of
    www.allinyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it sounds like a cute bag! I do like the Marc Jacobs camera bag too, the strap is so fun!

      Delete
  15. Love your Outfits! the first skirt is so pretty!
    Hope all is well with you :0

    https://villemo20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post and looks dear! :)
    Have a great day!

    New post - www.minniearts.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That Rebecca Minkoff bag is everything!! It goes so well with these outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! Great color combinations and the bag compliments perfectly. I adore the size. Glad your sweet baby is ok:) Have a wonderful rest of the pretty lady!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you styled these pretty tees! That first maxi skirt is so pretty with that print.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope your passport photo turned out well, those are often so bad! That is impressive you caught your son as he jumped out of the trampoline!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those tee are so cute. I hate getting passport photo's done too.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel weird whenever I wear frills, somehow that doesn't work for me. I admit that it adds fun to the outfit though, very pretty.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love how cute and comfy your maxi skirts look. Definitely easy to dress up and down.

    Xo,
    www.stylemefancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a really cute camera bag, the leather is supple and looks roomy. Love the pink ruffle tee, it stands out from the photos. Hope you're having a fun end of summer. It's getting rainy and cold now in Sydney.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a comfortable and versatile bag, I really love how you choose your accessories!

    XOXO ♥ MYNOCTURNALITY

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loving the bag, Mica! The brown cross-body is always good! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a lovely outfit Hun I love this look! x

    Grace Louise || www.gracelouiseofficial.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a story about your son and the trampoline! How lucky you were able to catch him! It's always something with kids, isn't it!? I feel like I am cleaning up their mess from one thing while they are making another! Both of your maxi skirt outfits are so cute and put together!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love those bright colors on you, Mica! The orange maxi skirt is gorgeous! And that fuchsia t-shirt looks so fresh and young in you, I love it!And omg I'm so glad you were able to catch your son out of the trampoline! Otherwise I'm sure that would've hurt a lot :o
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. That must have been scary seeing your son bouncing out at you! Glad you were able to catch him! Love the bright pink top and chambray!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the blue and orange combo on you! The trampoline incident sounds cray! Glad he is ok! http://marciabtravels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love that Maxi skirt, especially how you styled it
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cute and breezy skirts dear. And such a versatile bag too, really classic style.
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my goodness thank goodness you caught him! Good timing mama! :) I love those tees--a tiny detail like those fun sleeve-ruffles can make such a difference. And I bet your passport photo looks great. That pink is great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The frilled sleeve tops look so good with the maxi skirts! I love the two different color combinations of both outfits, especially the red with the navy. And the trampoline situation must have been so scary! That's good that he's okay.

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you all for your sweet comments - I was so lucky to catch my son before he hit the ground and he was okay after it all!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm glad your son is okay. It's a good thing you caught him.

    I love both outfits. Maxi skirts are so versatile and comfortable.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  38. I always look washed out in "official" pictures like that too, so great idea with the fuchsia! I think I went with dark purple the last time I got my driver's license pic taken! :D

    ReplyDelete
  39. You look so cute and I just love that pink bag!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. You nailed it ! Lovely looks Mica.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...