Friday 26 July 2019

Printed Maxi Skirts and Denim Jackets With Amerii Rattan Sling Bag

Enjoying some warmer than usual winter days with my maxi skirts and denim jackets, and my new Amerii straw bag.

Amerii contacted me through YouTube a while ago and asked if I wanted to try one of their bags in exchange for a review - I was thrilled and had fun picking out this piece to try.

What I wore:

denim jacket, plain black tee, red boho printed maxi skirt, straw circle bag winter SAHM style | awayfromblue

Amerii medium sling rattan bag in black | away from blue

awayfromblue Instagram | denim jacket red boho maxi skirt in winter ankle boots amerii rattan black circle bag
JacketJeanswest Kitty denim biker jacket
NecklaceRoie Designs long freshwater pearl necklace with tassel
TeeJeanswest black scoop neck tee
Skirt: thrifted Billabong red printed maxi skirt
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
Bag: Amerii medium sling rattan bag in black (c/o)

Why I wore it:

Wore this for a busy day! Church and then a little shopping at Kmart for things for our pantry reorganisation. Now we are all moved into our new house, we are just trying to set up everything how we like it, it's slow but fun progress! As it was slightly warmer when I wore this back in June, I just needed a denim jacket and no scarf.

With the black rattan bag, I thought a black tee and black ankle boots matched nicely and worked well with the colourful blue denim jacket and red printed maxi skirt. This skirt is a summer favourite, but it layers up well for a warmer winter day like this.


Last worn: denim moto jacket, pearl tassel necklace, black scoop neck tee, red printed maxi skirt, black ankle boots. First time I've worn the bag as it's a recent addition to my wardrobe.

Other ways to weardenim moto jacket and jeans, black scoop neck tee and kimono, red printed maxi skirt and Christmas tee, black ankle boots worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancyblack ankle boots in second trimester.


What's In My Bag: Amerii Rattan Medium Sling Bag










What I wore:

striped maxi skirt mustard v-neck tee, denim jacket, ankle boots and round rattan straw bag | away from blue

navy stripe maxi skirt and Amerii medium sling rattan bag in black | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | winter park playdate outfit mustard tee denim jacket striped maxi skirt ankle boots amerii sling bag
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Necklace: navy and silver circle pendant tassel necklace
Tee: Big W mustard v-neck tee
SkirtAT by Atmos&Here Mars striped maxi skirt
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagAmerii medium sling rattan bag in black (c/o)

Why I wore it:

When we had that brief period of summer like weather back in the middle of June, despite it being winter, I took full advantage and the boys and I headed to our favourite playground to enjoy the sunshine. I also got the chance to wear this side-split maxi skirt, which usually I wouldn't be pulling out on a winter day!

The denim jacket wasn't really necessary, I ended up taking it off as we sat in the sunshine - it was 27° Celsius, so about 82 Fahrenheit. So unexpected for winter!

The mustard yellow tee seemed like a colourful choice for the warmer day, and was a fun pop with the white stripes. Again I stuck with the black ankle boots to match the black round rattan bag. I really liked this outfit.


Last worn: denim jacket, mustard tee, navy tassel necklace, striped maxi skirt, black ankle boots (above), Amerii rattan bag (above).

Other ways to weardenim jacket and navy dress, mustard tee worn two ways, striped maxi skirt and graphic tee, black ankle boots and tee dress

Perfect for pregnancydenim jacket in second trimester, striped maxi skirt in second trimester, black ankle boots in second trimester.




Printed Maxi Skirts Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:
Maxi skirts are a summer staple and great for mum life, especially if they are loose and flowy or have a side split to take advantage of a summer breeze. It's easy to layer them up for cooler weather too, with ankle boots and denim jackets. You definitely need more heavy duty layers if you're attempting to wear them on a cold winter day though! 😂


Linking up with Friday Faves, On Mondays We Link Up, Mutton Style.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

60 comments:

  1. Beautiful outfit, I love it especially your cute bag. Thank you for sharing, you look stunning.

    xxx

    www.richmomlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great bag, Mica:) Super cute and really versatile. And like I've said before, you are so the queen of maxi skirts! You just pull off these outfits so effortlessly:)
    Hope you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmy, I do love my maxi skirts :)

      Delete
  3. I love that rattan bag - I cram so much stuff into my purse that it's not that often I can use smaller, "cute" ones but I wish I could looking at this round one. It's really stylish.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a 'just the essentials' bag!

      Delete
  4. This is such a cool bag, Mica! It would look great with everything! Both of these outfits are so pretty and look great layered for the cooler weather. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Mica! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love that circle bag of yours! Have a great weekend Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty bag!! I've been wanting a rattan bag for a while but I can never bring myself to actually buy one, haha. Loving the faded effect of that first jacket too
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend getting one! They are so fun!

      Delete
  7. I always love seeing you in maxi skirts, Mica, and I particularly love that first outfit. Your round rattan bag is simply divine! Have a wonderful weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a sweet little bag, Mica! I love the round shape.

    I love both outfits - the red skirt is just lovely. I say, wear the mustard top with it!

    Have a wonderful weekend, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be a fun combo to try! i think I've only worn my mustard bag with it so far!

      Delete
  9. I love how the black bag still looks summery!! And you always wear maxis so fabulously!!
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bag is just so cute! Having it a dark color is perfect for year round use. I think you have such a good maxi collection!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Un post muy interesante! Gracias por la información! Feliz fin de semana! ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally want a bag like this. I haven't seen them in black before but still so cute!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bag is so gorgeous Hun!! Lovely post x

    Grace Louise || www.gracelouiseofficial.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both are so adorable on you dear. My fave is the first look, loving the cute contrast of color from the skirt.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. 27 degree in winter?!? That is us on a good summer day. The bag is really pretty, the dark color makes it one that I would actually wear. Most light colored one are more of a holiday thing for me.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yep it was a rather warm winter day!

      Delete
  16. Both these looks are great and love that you found a circular straw bag in black. So different!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The bags are gorgeous, love the top skirt as well. So lovely. I hope you're having a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  18. These round bags are my absolute favorite for summer! Super cute and looks great with any outfit.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. very lovely post :) do you like to follow each other?
    kisses!

    https://styleoflifet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. So nice that your enjoying warmer weather. Your winters are certainly nothing like ours! Love your pretty outfits, especially that first skirt. Cute bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such cute and casual outfits! I love that bag, Mica. Its so versatile!

    x,
    S | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh, I love your straw bag! I love that it is black and makes it easier to pair with different outfits. You did a great job with pairing the maxi skirts! I am a huge fan of skirts - they let the breeze in, hehe. Have a great weekend!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is one pretty rattan bag dear! I like the idea of a black straw rattan bag, I think black is an elegant choice. The design of that bag is so lovely and it fitted perfectly with both outfits. I did like both looks a lot, I'm a big fan of maxi dresses. I like both the red and striped maxi you shared...the combo of a yello tee and a white stripe bag is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really love your shorter hair style now! So beautiful dear ♥
    xx
    Selina | Selinas Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! i'm waiting for it to grow so I can donate it again!

      Delete
  25. Round bags are fun!

    http://a-woman-of-a-certain-age.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the outfit!the maxi skirt from the first pic is calling my name and adore the black rattan bag!I have tan and white :) need the back one as well:_

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous bag, I have a similar one in white. Love both looks too :)

    Sam x
    www.sams-wardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love how you've paired denim jackets with maxi skirts, these looks are so magical and cute! The red maxi skirt is such an eye-catching piece, so pretty and vibrant :) The bag is such a gem and works so well against the whole look. Maxi skirts bring so much sunshine to a winter wardrobe, adore them! The mustard yellow works so well with the stripes, and I'm glad you and the boys had some fun at the playground! Hope you've enjoyed a lovely weekend and have a fabulous week ahead ♥︎♥︎♥︎

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fun bag! Kind of different and perfect for summer (or winter, in Australia, haha)! It looks great with your maxi skirts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I expect to be wearing these again in summer without the extra layers!

      Delete
  30. I love the first outfit. It looks so colorful and fun x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Last year I was so excited when my rattan bag came from Bali, but then it all changed... It completely ruined my soft fabric trousers :( I love how they look, but they are a bit dangerous! Or maybe it's just me :))

    xx Bri | www.brigitadaisy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I haven't had any issues like that with mine, so sorry!

      Delete
  32. Your maxi skirts are so fun and cool! Especially the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous look, i love that jacket and skirt.
    http://www.thestylegalaxy.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the printed skirt and the rattan bag.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That's a really cute bag! I love how it incorporates the current trend of the basket material but it's also black, making it easier to coordinate with more outfits.

    Mai
    ✰ maidoesthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the mustard with the black and white stripes. Also the purse is super cute. Hope you are having a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great outfits and I love your smile:D

    ReplyDelete
  38. We have the same rattan bag but mins is color brown <3

    https://sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Denim jacket in the summer? You are rocking it!

    Eena ☼ cabin twenty-four

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the shape of this bag! It's so different and fun for winter. Plus since it's back, it really can be used for any season! Hope you guys had a nice weekend! XO

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a fun little bag! I love the colourful skirt as well xx

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love that first orangy skirt. The flowiness of it and color is so gorgeous and I love how you styled it!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. You are lucky you have these mild winters and can still wear denim jackets even in the middle of them. I love the rattan bag, I almost wished I had one in black, but I just need to be content with my brown one!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's nice when it warms up like that, so unexpected!

      Delete
  44. It must have been nice to have some warmer days during winter! I really love the color of the first maxi skirt, and you can't go wrong with wearing a denim jacket. The bag is really cute too!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the splash of colour in these outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Fabulous bag. I love that even though it looks small you can fit all you need.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love both of your outfits, but especially the second one! The combination of yellow with black and white stripes is so unique and fun. I'm going to have to see if I have items to create a similar pairing so thanks for the inspiration! :)

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some inspiration! :)

      Delete
  48. Thanks all for your lovely comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...