Friday 29 May 2020

Striped Tanks and Colourful Skinny Jeans With Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere

These striped tanks are firm favourites, and I often post them together! While one is navy and white stripes and the other is black and white stripes they both pair so perfectly with my brightly coloured jeans that I've been wearing more lately, now it's autumn and cooling down.

What I wore:


white striped tank with red skinny jeans, louis vuitton speedy bandouliere | away from the blue

Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere with red jeans and striped tank | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | picnic outfit  red skinny jeans with louis vuitton speedy bandouliere and striped tank
NecklaceRoie Designs feather, quartz and love charm long necklace
Tank: Jeanswest 'Josie' striped back strap tank
Jeans: thrifted Emerson red skinny jeans
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

This was such a fun day! Some restrictions had been lifted, allowing for both picnics (previously you could only exercise outdoors, not stop and sit) and travelling 50ks from home (previously they recommended staying in our suburbs as much as possible). And while they were relaxing the rules even more the day after this, my sister and I stuck with the current rules on this day and found a spot 50ks between both of us to have a picnic.

We couldn't have asked for better weather - it was a gloriously sunny day, but not too hot, and our picnic spot was mostly deserted, giving the boys plenty of space to run around. As you can see in the insta pic there we had a LOT of space! It was such a nice day and so good to see my sister in person again - while we do frequent family video calls, nothing compares to catching up in person!

While I thought about a pretty dress I realised jeans would be a bit more practical for running around with the kids and their kite - and so I tried to put a little effort in with my hair instead. I did the old no heat overnight curls trick I used to do a few years ago, it turned out okay.

Picked the speedy bandouliere bag as it was fuss free for sitting on the grass, so easy to clean, you just wipe down the canvas!


Last worn: white striped tank, feather necklace, red skinny jeans, Havaianas, Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere.

Other ways to wearwhite striped tank and shorts, red skinny jeans and winter layers, Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere and maxi skirt.

Perfect for pregnancywhite striped tank in second trimester, Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere in third trimester.


What's In My Bag: Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere











What I wore:

black utility jacket drawstring waist with stripe tank green skinny jeans sneakers | away from blue

Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere with striped tank and green skinny jeans | awayfromtheblue

Jacket: thrifted black Emerson drawstring waist utility jacket
Necklace: Happiness Boutique turquoise and coral pendant necklace (C/O)
TankAtmos & Here Oregon stripe tank
Jeans: thrifted ASOS petite green skinny jeans
ShoesNew Balance white and blue sneakers
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

More relaxed restrictions in Brisbane means the kids are back at school! The early morning start had me reaching for a jacket to cover up my arms and this drawstring waist one I thrifted for $1 back at the start of the year was perfect! It hadn't been worn previously as it had been a warm autumn and we spent most of it isolating at home like the rest of the world.

With the black striped tank and the black jacket, my outfit needed a little extra colour and these bright green skinny jeans were perfect! The first day back at school after an extended break from the virus went well - my son missed his regular routine and I know I'm not as good at teaching as his actual teacher, especially when I had to work from home 3 days a week too.


Last worn: black striped tank, Happiness Boutique necklace, green skinny jeans, New Balance sneakers, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere bag (above). First time I've worn the jacket as although I bought it back at the start of the year it's been too warm to wear until now!

Other ways to wearblack striped tank and blazer, green skinny jeans and kimonoLouis Vuitton speedy bandouliere bag for a long haul flight.

Perfect for pregnancyLouis Vuitton speedy bandouliere bag in second trimester.



Striped Tanks Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A striped tank is a great wardrobe basic and it goes so well with jeans! To add a little extra colour you can try a brightly coloured pair of jeans like these red and green ones, or even introduce a little extra print mixing like I have with the damier ebene speedy bag.



Linking up with Ageless Style.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

73 comments:

  1. Great outfits with a fabulous bag!

    Have a wonderful weekend, Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to buy colorful jeans, i really like them! And I am in love with your bag!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a fun alternative to blue jeans!

      Delete
  3. I am so happy to hear you had a great day outdoors! Doesn't it feel so good to have some restrictions lifted? Who knew we'd enjoy simple pleasures so much. I love your hair with the wave in it Mica! Have a super weekend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice having the restrictions lifted and being able to see my sister in person!

      Delete
  4. I love your outfits and I am in love with your bag. It's nice to hear that you got to see your sister again after time apart, it must have been really nice to see her :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the curls in your hair - and it's great that you got to catch up with your sister in person. There really is no replacement for in-person contact.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids will be back to kindergarten in 10 days too, I hope that goes as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope their return has went well! The kids are loving being back at school!

      Delete
  7. Love your outfits Mica! Perfect for Spring and Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As usual both of the outfits are so nice on you Mica. I love the speedy bag and gave mine to my daughter to use. I love that your bag has the strap to use for a crossbody. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the curles! I need to start doing more with my hair for a change, not that anyone sees it.
    We've still been staying home all the time. We ordered groceries a couple times to top up food and my mom has brought a few things by when she's gone out. Otherwise it's living with what we've got.
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's nice your family are close enough to do that! :) We really struggled living so far apart that we weren't allowed to travel the distance!

      Delete
  10. Oh wow, it must be so nice to be able to have picnics outside! Very exciting. I love both outfits. Those coloured pants look fantastic and those incredible statement necklaces are everything.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blouse goes well with both pants colors.
    I loved the two outfits!
    So pretty :)

    http://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, Thanks for sharing, x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe that jacket was only $1, I love it! Also, your hair looks so pretty worn wavy like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was such a bargain, I had to buy it!

      Delete
  14. Nice styles and love the dog :-D

    Today we had very warm weather in Scotland! So hot, we cannot cope haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colorful jeans are so fun!! Heading to your channel right now to see your bag review :-)

    Lizzie
    www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the first look. I need to recreate it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for picnics being allowed! Even if we were allowed to go for local walks, you were not allowed to sit down anywhere, which I couldn't and still cannot see the reason of. I mean, what's the use, if there's no-one else in sight or sitting 10 metres away? Anyway, I'm glad you managed to meet up with your sister. Loving both of your striped tanks and colourful skinnies outfit, with a slight preference for the green and navy one! Have a most wonderful weekend Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A classic with a twist!
    Those colored jeans really made the difference on these looks! You look very nice, lovely hair!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely in your stripes, Mica! I'm glad the kids are back at school and you were also able to do a 'distanced meet up' with your sister. Doesn't it feel amazing?

    Your hair looks really cute with the waves in it! I do mine curly-ish by twisting sections around my finger, carefully sliding the hair off, and then clamping it in place. I leave it while I do my make up in the morning, and then shake it out. Most of the curl falls out within a few hours, but I'm left with nice beachy waves.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I need to try curl my hair like this more often - it's easy to do as I just wrap it overnight and it's done by morning!

      Delete
  20. Both looks are great for the in-between weather of early fall. I have striped tees just like these! I think I may have mentioned this before. But I use to have a bunch of color jeans but I gave them all away : (

    Ah very inspiring and helpful, thanks for posting :)

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people have given them away - both these are opshop finds! :)

      Delete
  21. I love these outfits, Mica! I'm so happy you got to enjoy your picnic. I'm sure it feels better just to be able to get out and socialize a bit after all of this quarantine time.

    Wishing you the very best weekend ahead! I'm planning on just a relax-and-recharge kind of weekend.

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the classic stripes and skinnies. This speedy is such a great bag. I have it in the traditional monogram print. I haven't carried it in years but it is one I will keep forever.

    xoxo,
    Christine
    http://dailykongfidence.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the speedy size is such a classic!

      Delete
  23. I love the striped top with the red jeans, that combo is a personal favourite of mine too and you look so pretty in it!

    Lockdown has eased slightly here too, I think we can start having bigger gatherings from Monday in public spaces and gardens.

    Have a great weekend Mica :).

    xo Sarah | Oomph London

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh! Love the outfit. The Speedy looks gorgeous! It goes well with the outfit. It is great that lockdown has been somewhat lifted! I'm excited for us to go through the same. I love that the canvas is so easy to clean. Wow! Can't believe schools are open now. Love your outfits. Looks great. Have a great weekend~

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  25. Striped tops and tanks are such a great classic! I think I have a variety of tanks, tees, and long sleeve tees! I can't get enough! I love the color you paired them with and your no heat curls look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mica, so nice that you got to see your sister and have a day out. I love striped tees as well and they are perfect to dress up or down. Stay safe with everything opening back up! - Amy
    https://stylingrannymama.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are staying safe, still staying home a lot and washing out hands often!

      Delete
  27. The stripes and red pants are so cute. Totally an outfit I would put together for us here in USA for the 4th! I always love colored denim. So cute for all seasons. Hope you guys have a nice weekend!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would be fun with some added star print!

      Delete
  28. I love these outfits! Love your jeans and that bag is amazing! Wonderful Post!
    Allurerage
    Thetrendybride

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love stripes on your top and red pants, perfect together! Stay safe and healthy everyone ☺

    ReplyDelete
  30. This bag is so pretty! You look amazing!

    http://redamancyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cute outfit. I like the drawstring jacket, too. Nice that you were able to meet with your sister for a picnic and the kids had room to run around and play. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look cute with curls. I like the first combo a lot. A striped tee paired with coloured jeans looks lovely. Plus, red, white and blue is my favourite colour combo.

    You look great in the second outfit as well. I'm a big fan of stripes, I think they go well with everything. It is nice you were able to fly kites with your kids. It's nice to get out. Here life has pretty much returned to normal, but school is just a bit confusing. Not all parents have opted for their kids to come back to schools.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like your red and green jeans. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love this striped tank and colored jean combo! Your bag is so chic too!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love thai outfit♡thanks for sharing♡

    ReplyDelete
  36. THese are so cute! Happy clothes! And thanks for stopping by Marmelade Gypsy!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the instant burst of colour these lovely jeans give your outfit - so effortlessly! I feel so boring, the ones in my wardrobe are all different shades of blue! I tell myself this just makes life easier when throwing together an outfit but I really do love the ones you've managed to create with these colourful jeans!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  38. It goes to show how stripes go with everything Mica. I'm so glad you were able to get out and enjoy.
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love that bag! Great styling too!

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  40. So glad you had a fun day outside and they the boys are back in school. They are slowy opening things back up here.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm glad that they relaxed things for you and your family. I love both outfits, and I love striped shirts, and I especially love your hair in the first picture.

    https://loveiszero.net

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Mica
    First, I'm sorry I didn't participate in your link up, but I was in the hospital having surgery !!
    Here the restrictions are also being lifted. What a beautiful place you found for the picnic. I love stripes, but I don't have much in my wardrobe, it's something I have to change !!
    You look beautiful in both looks !!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are having a speedy recovery from your surgery!

      Delete
  43. both outfits are so cute, running around after kids, you need something comfortable. both look comfy!! i like the bag, i carry a backpack, which has compartments and pockets, i need something for my phone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite easy to store my phone in this as you can see in the video, such a good bag to keep organised :)

      Delete
  44. that looks great. love the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Those red jeans really pop - love the colour. And yes, the LV bag looks like the perfect size and so useful for all activities

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love striped tanks and they look so fresh with colored denim. Good to hear that conditions in Brisbane have progressed in the right direction enough that they've relaxed restrictions and kids have gone back to school. That's great news! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'm so glad you got to see your sister in-person again for your picnic! How nice! It looks like you guys had a great spot!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Both looks are very nice,
    i like the stripped tops :D
    kisses!

    My blog - Lalabetterdayz

    ReplyDelete
  49. These are such great ways to style a striped tank! I especially love the look with the red pants. So perfect for summer! I hope you enjoyed your picnic!

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  50. Your bag is very beautiful! 👏👏👏 Thanks for sharing! 🌈🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
  51. Your outfits are so cute and colorful, especially love your striped top with the red pants.

    It's great to hear that Australia is slowly easing its restrictions and the kids are now back in school.

    Loren | Plaid + Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  52. It sounds like a really fun time, and it's nice that you're able to get out a bit more and travel further now. My wardrobe is filled with so many striped tops (mainly long sleeved because...England) but I love them, such great staples for outfits like this. x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  53. Such lovely outfits dear! The classic bag from LV is def a must-have! Thanks for sharing and happy June :)
    Stella
    http://www.stellaasteria.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love how you styled your striped tops! They really are incredibly versatile.

    I'm glad the first day back at school went well. Things are starting to get back to normal a bit more here as well.

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  55. Such cute striped tee looks!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Thanks all for your kind comments! It was fun trying something different with my hair for the first time in a while, and so good catching up with my sister!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...