Friday 15 February 2019

Shorts, Tees and Printed Kimonos With Purple Mini MAB Tote Bag

Two outfits following the same outfit formula but with different colour schemes! The first outfit is pink and purple and the second is purple again, but with blue instead. These simple shorts, tee and kimono outfits are a summer staple for me and perfect for mum life.


What I wore:

Target Karolina summer kimono in purple black floral with grey tee blush shorts purple mini MAB bag summer style | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum with faux fur pom pom charm | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram | Target Karolina summer kimono in purple black floral grey tee blush pink pastel shorts purple mini mab bag
Jacket: Target Karolina summer kimono in purple black floral
Necklace: Kmart rose gold and pink beaded necklace
Tee: Spectrum basic v-neck tee in grey marl
Shorts: thrifted pastel pink cotton shorts
ShoesBalenciaga studded sandals in sorbet RGGH
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

I really liked this outfit. I like grey and pink together but this outfit felt it was lacking something until I added the kimono - the perfect touch! With the purple floral kimono, a purple mini MAB tote bag was the obvious choice to accessorise with.

It was a busy day! We went to a local opshop I'd heard good things about but never visited. It's a little out of the way, but with clothes just $1 each was definitely worth checking out! As usual, I left with more things for the boys than me, but it was still a good trip and we will have to try go more regularly. I still haven't found the perfect alternative to my favourite opshop after it closed.

Of course after spending time doing something for me in the morning, we had to go do something for the boys later. We visited a travelling petting zoo at a shopping centre, and it was so much fun. We all had a great time. I did regret my shoe choice as these studded Balenciaga sandals are maybe a little too delicate for straw and animals everywhere, and when I got a cup of animal feed spilled over me and into the cuffs of my shorts I regretted them a little too! But it was so much fun overall I didn't dwell on it for long!


Last worn: floral kimono, pink and gold beaded necklace, grey v-neck tee, pastel pink shorts, Balenciaga studded sandals, Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB tote bag.

Other ways to wearfloral kimono and bermuda shorts, grey v-neck tee with green pants, pastel pink shorts and polka dots, Balenciaga studded sandals and tee dress, Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB tote bag and maxi skirt.

Perfect for pregnancygrey v-neck tee in second trimester, Balenciaga studded sandals in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB tote bag in third trimester.


30 Ways to Wear: Rebecca Minkoff Purple Mini MAB Tote










What I wore:

navy kimono purple mini mab bag summer shorts tee outfit | away from blue

denim shorts, blue kimono with Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue instagram | Rebecca Minkoff plum purple mini MAB tote bag white tee denim shorts kimono
JacketJeanswest Jamie printed kimono (on sale!)
Necklace: navy and silver circle pendant tassel necklace
TeeAtmos & Here white essential v-neck tee
Shortsthrifted Jeanswest distressed denim shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

This day was not as exciting as the one above! Took the boys out to the library, the playground and then picked up some groceries on the way home. I really liked the outfit formula above though, so much that I repeated it again here, just changing the colour scheme a little. Blue and purple is another of those combinations that I love, so I kept the purple Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag and switched the purple kimono out for this pretty blue one and the grey tee for a white one. Blue denim shorts and just simple Havaianas made this a great outfit that follows the outfit formula above but created its own unique outfit I loved just as much.

It's taken me a few years to face my fears and buy a white tee, but I'm glad I did, I really like this one from Atmos&Here and it works so nicely with blue!


Last worn: blue kimono, white v-neck tee, navy tassel necklace, distressed denim shortsHavaianas, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag (above).

Other ways to wearblue kimono with stripes, white v-neck tee and pencil skirt, boyfriend denim shorts and scarf, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancyRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag in thrid trimester.



Kimonos Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A plain shorts and tee combo is great in the summer heat. For a little more interest to your outfit, you can add a kimono. It's a nice, lightweight layer that makes your outfit a little more special without any extra effort.


Linking up with Friday Faves, Sunday Reflections, Shoe & Tell.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

61 comments:

  1. The bag is so cute Mica and you are totally rocking this look! Have a wonderful weekend.

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely outfits, these kimonos are gorgeous and you look just perfect!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  3. You combined everything so well and you even made it more brighter! I love your outfit girl.
    The Glossychic
    Wonder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the best kimonos, Mica! These are such lovely summer outfits. Kimonos really do make outfits more stylish and are so versatile. The petting zoo looked so cute! I love your llama selfie! ;) Hope you have a great weekend, Mica! Hopefully it won't be too hot! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not resist taking a pic with the llama! :)

      Delete
  5. Love this! Kimonos are so beautiful and there are so many different ways to wear them! I really love the bag and the studded sandals. They’re amazing!

    xo, Sarah
    hustlababy09.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. In spring and summer kimonos are my love language. It's so hot and humid but inside the a/c is so cold that I need a light layer and the kimono is perfect. Love the way you styled these Mica!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are such a great layer for that! :)

      Delete
  7. Both super cute as usual. I do love that bag, such a perfect shade of purple
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you found another op shop. Sometimes it's feast or famine, I always think, so it may be even better next time. I just found a new one yesterday too, and found a couple of things for only $2.
    I love the kimonos....to be they add some sass to the basics like you're showing!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds like you found a great opshop! :)

      Delete
  9. Love the look of a kimono! This one is gorgeous! I love the colours!

    xx, mel
    http://melinspired.com/jamaica-airtransat/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you're combining shorts with kimonos, Mica! These practical but stylish outfits suit you to a T. My favourite is the first outfit. The colours work really well together. And that purple bag is so sweet! Have a wonderful weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bag is very lovely, Mica!
    And I totally love the kimono+shorts combo: super stylish and fresh! :)
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love light layers.. The kimonos can definitely elevate any wardrobe.

    xo, Maria
    https://www.miamiamine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute outfits. Love how you paired each of them for each occasion. That purple bag is especially cute.

    Xo,
    www.stylemefancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Cute looks! I agree the kimono adds a special touch. The petting zoo sounds like fun too:) Have a blessed weekend pretty lady!

    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are the Kimono Queen! I love how effortless these looks are, Mica, and your lovely accessorizing. Too bad about the shoes/spills, but *shrug* clothes are meant to be worn!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! And things all got cleaned up in the end! :)

      Delete
  16. hello mica
    Did I read well? clothes at $ 1? This is a bargain, I also want to go check it out.
    I like your first kimono and your first look, the bag is equally well matched in both looks.




    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's such a great deal and store! :)

      Delete
  17. Kimonos are such an outfit changer. I love the way they add something extra to a simple tee and shorts. Amazing!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish there were opshops like that near me! $1 clothing?! That is amazing! Even if you were just able to find some good things for your children. I love the outfit you wore. That kimono really completes the look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm so glad I stumbled across this! :)

      Delete
  19. Cute outfit! I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can pull out my kimonos again! xx

    https://www.crystalchiffon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your kimono! I didn't know Target sells kimonos. I gotta check them out. I love how you always find neat ways to pair your outfits with your bags. Thanks for sharing these looks!! You got a good deal out of the local opshop!!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! that bag is so pretty! Loving your outfit! ❤️

    Elle | http://specklesofstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just a few more months and then we can het out shorts out of the closet! Although it looks like spring this weekend! Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely combination of colours. I adore tot bags xx

    Have a fabulous weekend
    Much Love,
    Elegant Duchess xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how kimonos transform any look! These are the perfect relaxed looks for summer.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wish we had an opshop that had clothes for $1 around here! Kimonos are such great layering pieces in the summer! Both of these looks are so cute!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  26. Bag is fantastic Your look is AMAZING. https://beautylilly87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow love the colours ♡ amazing post

    jadieegosh

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love a kimono, they're always so cute in the Summer! Both of yours are so pretty and I love both of these outfits xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  29. gorgeous pics
    www.fashionistaera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are both beautiful outfits. The kimonos really brought them to the next level and I love your pretty matching necklaces. I also love throwing a kimono over a simple outfit to instantly transform it into something special.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing!

    http://mollyx.com.au/
    Molly X

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the contrast of the purple against the blue, it's so pretty xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  33. I adore the first look, the pinks and purples are such pretty colours! You have such a fab necklace collection too, I'm loving the rose gold!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awesome my dear
    Have a great day
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your kimonos, amazing color combos!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  36. Kimonos are my all time fave! I love wearing them all summer long. Can't wait for the weather to warm up here so I can take mine out again. Love this one on you!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  37. That bag is so cute and beautiful! I really color and shape of it! Also I adore kimonos and your outfit is gorgeous! You look so beautiful!

    Blog - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/search/label/en
    YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Otnx52aMk

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love how you make these bright colours so easy to wear, Mica:) Purple does go with everything! And seriously...your vintage stores seem a lot better than what I have in my area. So jealous:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken me a few months to find this store but I'm very happy I did! :)

      Delete
  39. I tend to buy more clothes for my daughter then I do myself. I'm actually trying to downsize my clothes some. Have a great week. This weekend was busy doing stuff around the house.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids clothes are so cute, it's so easy to go crazy buying them, haha! :)

      Delete
  40. That bag is so cute, I love how you styled it
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love how that bag adds a pop of color! so cute!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ooh that printed kimono is speaking to me! It's pretty cool :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  43. That purple kimono was exactly the right touch for the outfit. I love the way it flows!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  44. You look stunning dear.. That bag is super gorg.

    Glowyshoe's blog

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wearing a kimono over a tee and shorts is a great idea! It makes a more casual outfit look a bit dressier. I love the two different kimonos you wore, and the purple looks really good with the pink!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  46. You always have the cutest bags dear! Really pretty color, goes well with the kimono.
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thanks all for your lovely comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. This formula always works well: kimono, shorts and a cool bag :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...