Monday 25 July 2016

Rebecca Minkoff Purple Mini MAB Tote, Skinny Jeans

Continuing to try think of ways to add some variety to what is feeling like a very uninspiring winter outfit rut, I decided to wear my cute purple mini MAB tote bag. It's a great pop of colour and while it looks great with a neutral outfit, I decided to add some more purple to my outfits too.

What I wore: 

Navy tank blue skinny jeans purple accessories mini MAB and leopard scarf | Away From Blue

Rebecca Minkoff purple mini MAB tote plum with pink Ava wallet leopard print scarf | AwayFromTheBlue
Scarf: Sportsgirl animal scarf in violet
TankMEV Britney bubble tank in mood indigo C/O Zibibo
JeansJeanswest Super Skinny Jeans in Mid Indigo
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats (on sale!)
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale and on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

Wore this to spend the day with my mum. We went shopping and had morning tea with my mother in law. Sine I rediscovered this tank I've been wanting to wear it often.

I really like the blue and purple colour combination so I loved this outfit. Wouldn't change anything about it, it was easy to put on, easy to wear and kept me cosy on a rainy day.


Last worn: jacquard jacket, purple leopard print scarf, navy breastfeeding tank, skinny jeans, silver ballet flatsRebecca Minkoff purple mini MAB.

Other ways to wear jacquard jacket in the officeleopard print scarf with stripes and a baby bump, bubble tank and a maxi skirt, skinny jeans and a kimono, silver ballet flats and a chambray skirtRebecca Minkoff purple mini MAB and a neon tee.



Where to buy the Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag:









What I wore:

long winter layers: cardi and scarf purple tee and sass and bide printed playman skinny jeans | AwayFromBlue

Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum | Away From The Blue
Jacket: Paper Scissors grey wrap cardigan
ScarfNali feather print pashmina scarf
Tee: Spectrum basic v-neck tee in washed lilac
JeansSass & Bide Playman skinny jeans
Shoes: Marc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats (on sale in black or silver!)
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

I've mentioned before that I was finding these printed jeans tricky to wear with my printed scarves. I thought this neutral one with feather print would work nicely, but I was in a rush that morning and didn't realise until afterwards that I'd put it on back to front so you can't even see the feather print in the photos!

Although I was a little chilly in the morning with the shorter sleeves, I took the boys to the library for the books and rhymes session again so I was cosy and warm there. They have the heating cranked up for the tiny babies in winter, so nice on a cold morning!


Just like the outfit above, I really liked this outfit. Sometimes just changing little things like a bag can make you feel a little more inspired when picking what to wear.


Last worn: grey cardigan, feather print pashmina, purple teeprinted jeans, mouse flats, mini MAB tote bag (above).

Other ways to weargrey cardigan and flares, feather print pashmina and orange dress, purple tee and lace pencil skirtprinted jeans with black and redmouse flats and maxi dress, purple mini MAB tote bag and a pink dress.


Linking up with Hello Monday, Mums That Slay, Mix It Monday, On Trend Tuesday, Wardrobe Wednesday, Midweek Inspirations, What I Wore.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

54 comments:

  1. I've got out of the habit of bag swapping so all my fun bags are chilling unloved in the spare room while I use my black Oroton tote for every work day! Must make more of an effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great you have one bag that's so perfect you don't need to swap though! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Little things like that are so easy to do as a tired mum!

      Delete
  3. wow beautiful bag... and great outfit
    http://maggieblogspot.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue&purple combination looks beautiful and it is definitely one of my favourite! those printed jeans gave edgy finish to your outfit, you still rock it :)

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Sass and Bide pants are rockin! And I love how you did the whole purple-and-blue combination as well:) I never thought of combining those colours....thanks for the idea:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some inspiration! :) It's one of my favourite colour combinations :)

      Delete
  6. i have that RM in blush pink but now you've got me wanting purple. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it's too easy to want in every colour, it's a cute bag :)

      Delete
  7. Nice pairing with the bag and the scarf. It's not actually easy to carry a bag of this colour but you pull it off, you're looking great.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I like bright bags so don't find it too hard to wear :)

      Delete
  8. You look gorgeous babe...love those pants and scarf a lot....xoxo, Neha

    http://www.theinstylejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a cute bag silhouette! I agree that purple and blue make such a lovely color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that rich plum color of the first outfit!

    Join my link up here: http://bit.ly/2aolxS2

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that tote and it pairs so well with both looks. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Purple looks awesome on you Mica. Love that scarf & bag :D It's one of my favorite colors. I use to love library sessions like that as a child. I love the activities you do with your boys. Awesome mama!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you. I find getting out of the house each day stops us going a little crazy :P

      Delete
  13. Love the print of that first scarf! Ads such a fun touch to the outfit!! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't own any purple bag, but it is my fave colour! I love the first look when you matched with that scarf!


    www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That tote is so pretty and you look beautiful in this casual style!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the pop of color that bag adds--I agree, sometimes a little color is all you need to get yourself out of a rut. Love both of these looks, especially the color combo in the first one--so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a great color of bag! Not black or tan but still wearable. Looks great with both outfits.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both outfits are great! I love the printed pants so much, but I can see how they could be a bit tricky to pair with scarves. The one you chose works great! And I absolutely adore your Rebecca Minkoff bag! Such a great color!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yep ! Blue and purple work their magic Mica :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE those pants! How fun are they?! That's totally a way to hype up typically chill winter wear. I'm actually in the same rut, because I keep wearing dark clothing in the middle of summer. haha. Like all my bright color inspiration is totally gone this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try swapping out a bag, see if it gives you some more inspiration :) Helped me! :)

      Delete
  21. I wish I could get away with wearing scarves and cardigan in winter but it's so freaking cold. LOL! That said, the area where I love in is one of the mildest winter in Canada and the temperature still goes to -3C. I think wearing the scarf inside out and not seeing the feather print is a mistake that turned out well in your favour, the jeans became the sole focus of the outfit and it's a beautiful look.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that is definitely not mild to me!!

      Delete
  22. those print pants are great on you and I'm loving the burgundy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that new little bordeaux bag of yours...it's the perfect size!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving the MAB tote, doll! Such a pretty purple!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm really loving both looks here, Mica! I love how you've been styling those chevron printed jeans lately, printed jeans can be a bit challenging to work with! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you're having a great week so far, girlie!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was a bit apprehensive after they arrived but I'm feeling them really easy to wear now!

      Delete
  26. Super cute!! Purple is a really great color on you so I can see why you want to wear it more!! Those pants are SO FUN too! Love it! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    NEW URL--> www.gracerock-kellyroll.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I need to try harder to bag swap --- so much variety potential that my laziness is hindering ;)

    -Clarissa @ The View From Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! It's good for adding a little variety to an outfit, I swap my bags around quite a lot.

      Delete
  28. I definitely fall into a pattern of winter rut outfits, but you've got print mixing and color and I'm glad you took out your adorable purple bag - swoon! I've always had a soft spot for the mini MAB. When I finally decided to order one I ended up returning it because it was too small to be a good everyday bag for me. But I'm happy with the micro perry I got instead.
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your perry is cute - it's on my wishlist! :) The mini MAB is really just an essentials only bag :(

      Delete
  29. Love the purple in these outfits and how they compliment your bag! That scarf in your first outfit is gorgeous! And the purple top looks amazing with your printed pants!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The accent of the purple for your whole outfit is perfect! And love the colour of your flats in your second outfit<3

    Stacey + thebambieyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. That Rebecca Minkoff mini tote bag is the cutest ever!! It never ceases to amaze me your impeccable bag collection, they always add the perfect finishing touch to your outfits.
    I can see why the jeans of the second look could be a little tricky to combine, but you did an excellent job with those neutral-toned cardi and scarf. :)
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the pop of purple your mini MAB gives today's outfits, Mica!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. That little Rebecca Minkoff tote is too cute! I absolutely love it! You styled it perfectly with both outfits <3

    xoxo
    Rina
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. you always wear purple well! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  35. The purple bag and patterned scarf in that first photo look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  36. That is a cute bag! I also love your gold pumps. I've worn mine so much but doubt I'll ever throw them out. Purple looks good on you. I don't wear it enough x #mumsthatslay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes these gold flats are perfect, no doubt I'll wear them until they fall apart!

      Delete
  37. I LOVE the scarf in the first picture! Such a pretty array of pinks and purples! Of course I love your purple MAB too :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...