Wednesday 7 March 2018

Balenciaga Sorbet Pink City Bag & How To Wear Kimonos With Printed Tanks

I knew this summer would be the summer of shorts after I bought so many new pairs back in November. There's something so easy about pulling on a pair of denim shorts and adding a printed tank. Despite the busy prints on both of these Sass and Bide tanks, I found kimonos to wear with them.

What I wore:

lace embroidered kimono with geometric sass bide tank distressed denim shorts balenciaga city | away from the blue

bracelet stack with jord wood watch and Balenciaga sorbet pink city bag with split tassels | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram embroidered kimono, printed tank, denim shorts Balenciaga city summer SAHM style
JacketShein cream lace kimono (C/O)
Necklace: For King & Country Priceless Australian coin and crest necklace layered with Happiness Boutique turquoise and coral pendant necklace (C/O)
TankSass and Bide 'Musical Genius' tank
ShortsJeanswest Sara distressed hot short
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet (more affordable preloved)

Why I wore it:

Wasn't too sure about wearing a kimono with this top, as it has a pretty bold print on it already with touches of neon. Wanted to try wear it a little differently though, so decided to try this lace kimono with it. It worked well I thought, I was pleasantly surprised and I really enjoyed wearing this!

We had a day full of errands, nothing really exciting, just the library and a few stores. I still wanted to wear this tank though as it's been such a long time since I last wore it. 10 months! I tend to save this top for 'special' occasions, and I've really been trying to question that lately and wear more of what I own. Got to try hit that 30 wears number!

With the pink in the tank I went with a pink bag. Although the sorbet Balenciaga city doesn't match exactly, it's a nice colour combination. I liked the layered necklaces with this too.


Last worn: lace kimono, neon tank, denim shorts, Havaianas, Balenciaga sorbet city bag.

Other ways to wearlace kimono and maxi dress, neon tank and orange pants, denim shorts in a capsule wardrobe, Balenciaga sorbet city bag and wrap dresses.

Perfect for pregnancy: kimono in third trimester, Sass & Bide tank in second trimester, sorbet city at 37 weeks.







What I wore:

crochet trim kimono, printed tank, bermuda denim shorts, pink Balenciaga city | awayfromblue

Balenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet with Juicy Couture ice cream charm | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram crochet kimono printed sass bide tank bermuda denim shorts
JacketShein lace trimmed crochet inset white kimono C/O
NecklaceZuriCollections blue polymer clay necklace
TankSass and Bide "For Easy Reference" tank
ShortsJeanswest Trinity Bermuda denim shorts
Shoesslim gold Havaianas
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet (more affordable preloved)

Why I wore it:

Another summer day with the boys, another denim shorts outfit! I loved my shorts over summer, and with the heat here in Brisbane I can wear them into autumn too. This tank is one of my favourites, every time I wear it I say it's been too long between wears and that I should wear it more often. Once again I really enjoyed wearing it!

Ended up going for the plain white kimono to wear with this tank, adding colour through the pink Balenciaga city bag again and the blue bead necklace. I liked this outfit, it was casual and comfortable for playgroup in the morning and a doctor's appointment in the afternoon.


Last worn: crochet kimono, Sass & Bide tank, bermuda denim shortsgold HavaianasBalenciaga sorbet city bag (above).

Other ways to wearcrochet kimono ad printed shorts, Sass & Bide tank and burgundy pants, bermuda denim shortsBalenciaga sorbet city bag and little black dress.

Perfect for pregnancySass & Bide tank in second trimester, Balenciaga sorbet city bag and maternity denim.



Lace or Crochet Kimonos Under $50:






How You Can Wear It:


You can still wear kimonos if you're wearing a printed tank! A good idea is to stick with neutrals like cream or white. Neutral doesn't mean boring though, as you can see with the textures on the kimonos. The first geometric print tank is paired with a lace kimono. WIth the second, the all white kimono has a fun crochet detail on the back and along the hems.



Linking up with Fashion Files, Fun Fashion, Flashback Fashion, Weekend Wear, Passion for Fashion, Trend Spin.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

51 comments:

  1. Love how you paired your kimono with the shorts...t's stylish and laid-back! That bag is just fabulous in this pink colour! Love all the details too! Have a wonderful day!
    xo Yvonne
    www.aproposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that kimono is a lovely touch with both outfits!
    I hope your voice returns soon! The kids definitely got me sick, ugh! When will the cycle of sickness stop?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so tough when they get sick, as we get sick too!

      Delete
  3. The white kimonos are so pretty and light for a summer day. I think the bag looks beautiful with both outfits. I'm always envying your bag collection!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you styled the kimono in both outfits. It looks so cute.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the print in your first top! It's fabulous! And the bag looks perfect with both looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of those tanks are so fun! I think I remember seeing that first print when it was first available, hehe :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That kimono is so versatile! I like it on both outfits!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this kimono with this top - it looks lovely and very eyecatching.

    Hope you'll feel better the soonest. No voice is horrible, when I get sick I loose it too so I know how horrible it is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm feeling much better now :)

      Delete
  9. I love wearing kimono's, they are easy to style and practical. They even fit well under a coat or jacket and keep you warm. I really like your last kimono and it works really well.

    https://mihabalan.com/2018/03/05/make-morning-best-time-day/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! I've never tried a kimono under a coat before!

      Delete
  10. It looks perfect for summer, love both of the outfits x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a gorgeous bag! I love bags like that one. Sorbet pink is such an eye-catching shade.

    I love both outfits. A summer of shorts sounds good to me.:) Glad to hear you're enjoying warm weather, here it is still cold, but I'm sure that spring will come any time now. How's your voice?

    The first is really cute, love the way you paired that colourful top with a kimono. I don't think that top is too much and besides it matches the bag well. Nice necklace as well.

    The second outfit is lovely as well. These kind of neutral colours are always a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My voice is much better now thank you :)

      Delete
  12. I know you are a kimono gal and my fave here is where the kimono is longer than the bottom, its a cool effect .

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the second look with the lace trim and brown and white print. It's so hard when you have piece you regard as special, when you should just wear them and enjoy them!
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! it's something I need to work more on, and enjoy what I have in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  14. I love that Balenciga bag especially its color :)

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the second look - this a great mix of texture and pattern, and the turquoise necklace is the perfect pop against the orange and pink. Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! you're inspiring me to be more bold with colour!

      Delete
  16. I love those fun printed tanks, especially the first one! I do that too with "saving" certain pieces but I've really been trying to just wear everything lately and not worry too much about it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both outfits, Mica! Both kimonos are so pretty and look great with tank tops. I especially love the colours and pattern of the first tank. So pretty! I love your bag, too. The colour is so vibrant and beautiful. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that bag! It looks adorable.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your pink bag and how you've styled your lacy kimono! Would never have thought to wear it with a printed shirt. You've pulled it off well!

    Simply Lovebirds

    ReplyDelete
  20. The sorbet pink City is so pretty! See how that rhymes? Ha ha! I always fell in love with the colours they did a while back. It's odd that I only own black and brown!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Balenciaga have some stunning colours, I'm such a fan of their pinks. I find they age better than the purples!

      Delete
  21. This is a perfect example of how kimonos work perfectly for so many occasions!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so good at styling kimonos and you're def. helping me! I love how your bag picks up some of the magenta/pink color from your printed top in the first outfit!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Perfect especially for open tops when you want to cover up in the summer. Also love the type of leather for the bag. XO

    http://wp.me/p9klzf-qS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both are adorable outfits! I love your kimonos. I just ordered a white one myself and can't wait to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you will love it! Mine has been worn so much!

      Delete
  25. I'm definitely looking forward to breaking out my warm weather kimono collection!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love both of those kimonos and the color of that bag is fabulous. You truly have the best bags! Hope you're having a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. A lace kimono, that is so pretty! I don't think I have seen one, but I imagine it could work for the office as well.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should give it a try in the office! It's such a pretty piece :)

      Delete
  28. That bag looks fantastic with both outfits! Having some plain colored kimonos as options are wonderful, especially when you want to pair them with printed tops! I have one printed kimono I've paired with a tank with a small print last summer that I loved. There are so many great options! I hope you are feeling better and have your voice back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the color of this bag! It's so great for spring/summer. Such a great fashion find!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the white kimono over your outfit and what a pretty bag, love the tassels on it. Have a good weekend Mica. Jacqui mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've gained quite the collection of kimonos since the discovery of your blog, but I have to say I do not have a white one yet. Seems like it's a pretty big staple. I may have been swayed. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm such a kimono encourager! I didn't think I'd get a lot of wear from these white ones, but I keep reaching for them!

      Delete
  32. Love how you paired the colors and the kimono is beautiful!Also I love Havaianas, those are so practical and comfortable!

    ~ xo Sheree
    PoshClassyMom.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your shirts are fabulous and I love a good kimono. You have the most fabulous bags too! <3 Jamie

    www.mommyinflats.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your kimono collection. They really do pair well with those tops. Especially love how that bag pairs with the first top.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks all for your lovely and encouraging comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Morning Mica!
    The THAT Linkup is live now. Ugh, I hate when I type in the wrong time! Love your pretty lace kimono, perfect for additional pizzaz with this pretty look. Your bag looks great with the colors in your top!
    Have a great week!
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...