Monday 22 October 2018

Printed Dresses For The Office With Colourful Scarves and Balenciaga Bags

When I'm feeling uninspired picking workwear I make things easy on myself and pull on a printed dress! While both of these dresses are different styles and prints, they solved my 'no idea what to wear' dilema by becoming instant, easy outfits. I added some bright scarves and Balenciaga bags and I was ready for the office!

What I wore:

fern print black dress, jersey blazer, ankle boots and colourful pink purple blue accessories spring office wear | awayfromblue

Balenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag | awayfromblue

instagram awayfromtheblue black dress for the office with blue scarf, purple balenciaga work bag pink earrings
Jacketthrifted Zara black blazer
Earrings: Ana Luisa 'Olivia' tassel earrings in pink (giveaway prize)
ScarfLouis Vuitton monogram shawl in bleu
DressLeona Edmiston Jemima fern print dress
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

I really liked the colours in this outfit, with pink blue and purple together. Not the first time I've worn that combination to the office. The pink statement earrings were won in a giveaway and I thought they worked perfectly with the pink fern print on the dress. Despite the earrings being gold and the hardware on the bag being silver, I think because they are far enough apart from each other the combination still works.

Originally when I'd put this together I had planned to wear my purple scarf, to match my purple bag. A text from my colleague the evening before reminding me we needed to wear blue that day made me pick this Louis Vuitton shawl instead. I adore this scarf so much, it's so cosy! As it's always cold in the office, I kept it on all day and matched the rest of the team wearing blue perfectly.

The ankle boots were a necessity with the cooler morning. Despite thinking the week before it was time to retire my tights, I was happy to have them this morning with the overcast and cooler day with lots of rain forecast.


Last worn: jersey blazer, Louis Vuitton shawl, Leona Edmiston dress, black ankle boots, Balenciaga Work Bag.

Other ways to wearjersey blazer and fit and flare dress, Louis Vuitton shawl with stripes, Leona Edmiston dress and grey accessories, black ankle boots worn 30 ways, Balenciaga Work Bag and skinny jeans.


Perfect for pregnancyjersey blazer in third trimester, Leona Edmiston dress in second trimester, black ankle boots in second trimester.




How To Pick Your First Balenciaga Bag:




My most popular YouTube video with over 74,000 views! Short and sweet talking you through some popular Balenciaga styles.




What I wore:

orange printed sheath dress black jersey blazer matching crinkle scarf balenciaga part time bag | away from the blue

Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram orange dress and scarf with black accessories tights spring work outfit
Jacketthrifted Zara black blazer
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl plain crinkle scarf in orange (c/o)
DressFrench Connection 'Woodblock wonder' panache dress in white/geranium rose
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

A completely different look even though this follows the same outfit formula as the one above. I even wore the same blazer. I can't believe it's taken me this long to wear the orange crinkle scarf with this printed orange sheath dress, it's the perfect matchy-matchy layer!

With all of the colour in my scarf and outfit, I decided to go with neutral accessories this time, letting the scarf and dress be the touch of colour against all of the black. I really liked this outfit. You might recall me saying a few times I'm wary of wearing black with the orange dress as it reminds me of Halloween but I think it worked really well. When I was popping out to get lunch one of the sales people standing on the street complimented my outfit as I ran past shaking my head. Was nice of them to do that, but I was too busy to stop to see what they were selling!


Last worn: jersey blazer (above), orange crinkle scarf, orange sheath dress, black ballet flats, Balenciaga Part Time Bag.

Other ways to wearjersey blazer and a-line skirt, orange crinkle scarf and navy dress, orange sheath dress under a knit, black ballet flats and jeans, Balenciaga Part Time bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancyjersey blazer at 39 weeks, orange sheath dress in first trimester, black ballet flats in second trimester, Balenciaga Part Time Bag in second trimester.



Printed Dresses For The Office Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

Printed dresses are an easy and quick outfit to put together for the office. You can accessorise them with bright and colourful scarves. You could try using the scarf to introduce another bold colour to your outfit like the first pics, or by matching the scarf to a colour in the print of your dress like the last outfit.


Linking up with Confident Twosday, Turning Heads, Trend Spin, Style Sessions, Style On The Daily.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

60 comments:

  1. Both dresses are absolutely fabulous! And I do the same thing! When I'm not sure what to wear, a printed dress is the best fix. I hope you have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is really a good recipe to wear a printed dress when feeling uninspired! Both of the looks are very creative and I think how good that you wore insted the planned purple scarf the blue one as I love these colour match with the purple dress and bag! And I'm very surprised you wore both times the same blazer as both outfits are totally different!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena! This blazer just goes with everything :)

      Delete
  3. I love a nice printed dress and these two look great. Love ow you've accessorized! :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your makeup in the second photo, Mica! Very pretty and complements your dress perfectly. And the fern print of your first dress is gorgeous too! Very subtle and unique!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! I try wear makeup to work to look a little more presentable in the office!

      Delete
  5. I am obsessed with that first dress and it's print! I adore the layering with both looks!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dresses really are the best when you don't know or want to think about what to wear! Both of these are lovely!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are great outfit options like that!

      Delete
  7. Love this looks, Great post! x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pretty dress and a bold colored scarf is a great outfit choice! I love the pop of color.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking gorgeous in both girl! my personal favourite is the oranges because I love warm tones for the fall but you look greta in both!

    xx, mel
    http://melinspired.com/6-energy-saving-tips-every-home/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so stylish and I LOVE LOVE your handbag, babe!
    Happy Monday, babe!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm here for all the bright scarf.
    www.comfycozyup.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't know why you wear a dress when your not inspired. Dresses are fabulous. I think the first one is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such an easy, instant outfit when I'm not inspired or motivated enough to plan an outfit with separates, haha!

      Delete
  13. Dresses are the easiest go-to ever! Both of these fall into my "jammy dress" category. You just put 'em on and bam! You're dressed!

    I love the bright pops of blue and orange that your scarves give the outfits - nicely done. I no longer worry about mis-matched jewelry - whatever! Like anyone would even notice that. I like compliments from people on the street, especially people who stand out there all day - I figure they see the masses of humanity going by, all dressed in black and beige - anyone they call out to has got to be a pretty special-looking person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I wish I had more clothes like that! :)

      That is a very good point - it was nice of them to offer the compliment even though I didn't know them! :)

      Delete
  14. Print dresses are really one of my faves.....you can even get away with hardly any accessories that way!!
    The orange is such a great, bright color----I love it!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mica you look GORGEOUS with your hair in a pony tail!! And I love both outfits, the idea of a printed dress as a way to solve the 'what do I wear today?' dilemma is great, cause it looks easy yet super stylish. The scarves are gorgeous and compliment the color combination perfectly. <3
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, I've been relying on that hairstyle a lot recently!

      Delete
  16. I love that blue scarf! I think it actually looks amazing with the purple bag!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your colour combinations, that orange scarf in particular is so bright and happy :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are both such beautiful outfits. I love the prints of both dresses and the more contrasting colors of the first look and the matching colors in the second.

    Hope you have a great week.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both dresses are so pretty, Mica! I love the blue and purple together in the first outfit and the orange scarf looks fab with that dress. Orange looks great on you, Mica! Hope you're having a good week so far ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes to the printed dress! I really like that Leona Edmiston dress in the first outfit - it goes so well with all the accessories. The orange scarf in the second outfit is just gorgeous - you look great!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving the bright vibrant colours Mica.

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey thanks for helping me with my office look!
    Nistha
    https://www.fashionistha.com/basking-in-the-beauty-of-bali/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love both these printed dresses:) And love how you balanced the whole look with the scarves and shoes. That LV scarf is such a great purchase for sure, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmy! I'm hoping I'll get lots of wear from it in the years to come! :)

      Delete
  24. The cutest bags! If you wore the purple and orange together, you'd be dressed like our alma mater, Clemson University!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried orange and purple together, maybe I should!

      Delete
  25. Girl, you have really gorgeous handbags :)

    http://www.glitsxgrace.com/2018/10/23/how-to-achieve-business-success-from-your-mindset/

    Have a lovely week! XO

    ReplyDelete
  26. love that pop of color from your scarf ❤
    xx
    Selina | Selina's Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this blue scarf on you, so pretty, and your bag collections is amazing, Mica. Hope, you are having a great week so far. xx

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the way a colorful scarf adds a fun pop to a look! Happy Tuesday, girlfriend!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love both styles, dear!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: SNAKESKIN TRENCH

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh that second outfit is amazing. I think its the colour orange. So vibrant and wonderful.
    Hope your week is going well.

    http://missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the idea of adding bright scarves and the second outfit is my faovurite. I usually like to wear colourful scarves during the dark and colder months. Great video as well.
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do love my colourful scarves! :)

      Delete
  32. You're looking very professional and stylish in these outfits babe! I love your collection of scarves; the orange one is particularly striking :) Hope you're having a lovely week so far!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabby - amazing what a printed dress will do for looking pulled together for work, haha! :)

      Delete
  33. A colorful scarf really makes such a difference--they really pop in both of these looks. I especially love the colors together in that first look--the dark purple and bold blue, together with the black and gray... gorgeous!! Love that look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shea! I think they are great accessories to add! :)

      Delete
  34. You can never go wrong with a printed dress. Orange is totally you color. Hope you are having a great week so far.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  35. I need more dresses in my life. I don't have a lot. And yes printed frocks are so much fun. I am loving the leaf print on the first dress or I think it is a leaves. But either way it is so pretty. And like it with the jacket too. And of course have to have that pop of color.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allie. I think it's meant to be ferns? It's a lovely print either way!

      Delete
  36. These are all beautiful outfits! Thanks for sharing! :)

    melissakacar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow! That scarf and dress in your second outfit are spot on together! What a great color match! I love how the darker blazer helps to ground the outfit too! These are fabulous work outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to wear them together again! They pair so nicely! :)

      Delete
  38. Some great looks for the office! I love throwing a scarf on!

    www.stylebymemory.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love using bold colored accessories to brighten up otherwise dark and plain work outfits, but I admit I love the second outfit more. It looks so fun and energetic!

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! It does seem to be the one people are most drawn to :)

      Delete
  40. Love how you style your scarves dear. Such a pretty pop of color on both looks.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I really adore printed dresses as well, the red and white is so beautiful!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  42. That blue scarf is so pretty! Love the purple Balenciaga too!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...