Wednesday 20 March 2019

Printed Tanks, Maxi Skirts and Red Rebecca Minkoff Saddle Bag

While I have been trying to remove duplicate things from my wardrobe, I could not resist picking up another black maxi skirt for $1 in the opshop. So now I have two black maxi skirts! I love wearing maxi skirts though and think they are both different enough to justify keeping them.

A nice plain maxi skirt means you can wear it with a fun printed top, and add some extra colour with accessories like this red Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag.

What I wore:


printed rainbow tank with red rebecca minkoff saddle bag maxi skirt gold sandals | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | windy outfit pic outtake printed tank black maxi skirt
Necklace: Kmart gold and navy beaded necklace
Tank: thrifted Target mixed print colourful printed tank
SkirtJeanswest Luxe jersey maxi skirt
ShoesNovo Tawny rose gold sandals
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red (on sale in blue!)

Why I wore it:

Such a windy day when I wore this! It was tricky getting a good photo with the breeze blowing my hair and skirt around. It was so nice having some breeze though as it had been another hot and humid week.

Pretty quiet day so just needed a simple outfit. Swim lessons and some errands to run before catching up with friends in the evening.

With the mixed print in this top and all the colours, a neutral black skirt was an obvious pairing. I couldn't resist matching the red in the top with this Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag. I just love the way this bag looks with maxi skirts, it's a frequently worn combo.


Last worn: mixed print tank, navy and gold bead necklace, black drawstring maxi skirt, gold sandals, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag.

Other ways to wearmixed print tank and olive shorts, black drawstring maxi skirt and denim jacket, gold sandals at Christmas, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag and navy dress.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Saddle Bag










What I wore:

animal print tank, tiered black maxi skirt red saddle bag and necklace mum style | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff studded unlined saddle bag in cherry red | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram animal print tank red saddle bag matching red necklace maxi skirt mum style
Necklace: thrifted red flat bead necklace
TankJeanswest 'Rowena' print tank
Skirt: thrifted Crossroads black ruffle hem maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red (on sale in blue!)

Why I wore it:

Another windy day, another maxi skirt and printed tank outfit. This time I went overboard with the red, adding this red flat beaded necklace to my outfit to match the red saddle bag. I thought it would be nice to wear the skirt and necklace together, after I thrifted them both at the same time!

Another quiet day. Some time at the playground, a doctors appointment and a quick grocery shop. This maxi skirt was so nice to wear on such a hot but windy day, it flapped around a lot and kept me cool.

Last worn: red necklace, animal print tank, black ruffle hem maxi skirt, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag (above).

Other ways to wearanimal print tank and shorts, black ruffle hem maxi skirt and a tee, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancyanimal print tank in second trimester.



Black Maxi Skirts Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A black maxi skirt is a wardrobe staple, especially if you need something to provide sun coverage or modesty coverage on your legs while running around at the playground in summer! They are so easy to wear with fun printed tanks, or bold accessories, to add a little extra colour and interest to your outfit.


Linking up with Fashion Files, Chic and Stylish, Fancy Friday, Lizzie In Lace, Friday Faves.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

44 comments:

  1. Another great deal Mica! I can hardly believe your skirt was only $1! It's like they gave it to you! A maxi skirt is a great piece to wear for so many events - it goes from day to night so easily!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a bargain! I'm so pleased with it! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Mica
    Maxi skirts are so feminine and for that price woww!!
    I know what you mean with windy days to get a good picture oh my!!
    I like the way you stylit it in the two looks, it has a boho stle I guess!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first top is so pretty, I haven't seen something like it! Happy hump day!

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bag! I've never seen that style before, but the crescent shape is so fab xx

    GemmaEtc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me that I really need to get a black maxi skirt into my closet for the summer - my go to one is showing major signs of wear and they are definitely a versatile and handy piece.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely a must-have for my wardrobe! :)

      Delete
  6. I love the red necklace with the bag, Mica! Not overkill at all. And your post really shows how versatile a maxi skirt is:) I might sew one soon! And great to hear you're getting some relief from the heat.:) Hope you're having a lovely one today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But I can see how these maxis are quite different too, Mica. So maybe it's good to have both.
    Love the outfits!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving both of these skirts! They're definitely different enough to warrant having 2. (Even if they were the same I'd still say its worth it for $1, haha)
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just loving the bold red accessories in both outfits, but especially the second one! It would be a cute outfit without them, but the bold accessories make such a fun statement! That necklace was a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think one can never have enough black maxi skirts :) I like your looks with the maxi skirts and I can imagine that they cool when it is hot outside.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Rebecca saddle bag in cherry red is so pretty. In some photos it looks a bit orange red, but in some it is true to its colour- and in video the cherry red colour is clearly visible. Great bag for sure!

    I love the outfits you wore it with just as much. I really like the combo of black maxi skirt and printed top in the first, it looks so elegant. The second outfit is lovely as well. The gypsy cut black maxi is cute as well and I do like the red necklace you wore with it. You always look very pretty and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tricky bag to photograph, but such a lovely cherry red! :)

      Delete
  12. Well, black skirts don't count ;)
    And for that price i would have bought it too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first outfit is my favourite - that orange bag is amazing! I love the fringe on it. I have been a fan of big, tiered maxis forever - I'm so excited to get mine out in a couple of weeks. Have a wonderful week, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to get one with more tiers - but I think I used up all my luck finding this one at the opshop, haha! :)

      Delete
  14. I need to add more maxi skirt! I started wearing more dresses and now I want skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I can't believe you got that skirt for $1. That is crazy. Such a versatile piece with endless styling options. Love how you styled the black skirt with pops of red.

    Xx
    Nikki
    www.nikkilivinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh your red bag complements both outfits so well!! The color matches perfectly and I love how it adds a nice pop of color to your outfit.

    BLOG | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think a black maxi can be such a great staple item though so it's perfect to incorporate in one's wardrobe. What an amazing price, Mica. <3 Have a great week. Love the bold bright accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That red bag is so cute! I love how it really gives such a lively pop of colour to your looks!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! Cute skirt and I adore how you styled it. Great challenge on removing duplicates! The red bag is so stylish and adds a great pop of color.

    I pray you are having a wonderful week!

    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that red bag! It's the perfect pop with that outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  21. $1? Good lord you always get the best deals. And a black maxi goes with almost everything. And love the orange bag with too.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled to have found another opshop to replace my favourite one that closed, even if this is further away!

      Delete
  22. I really like this saddle bag design. It goes very well with both outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How do you find these bargains! That bag is so beautiful love it and the necklace looks perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find some real gems opshopping!

      Delete
  24. I love this style on skirt - very cute and carefree. Have a super week Mica - I'm looking forward to the weekend and hopefully getting in the garden again. x Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love RM bags! A saddle bag feels so timeless yet fun! Lovely outfits you've go there! xx

    https://www.crystalchiffon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. You can never have enough black pants or skirts. I hope you have been doing well. I have been quite busy with work.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love how the colors of your accessories really pop with the black maxi! That red bag is such a great piece--that color!! I think I may have to incorporate a bright, orangey red like that into my closet next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fun and cheerful shade of red! :)

      Delete
  28. The top on the first outfit is so cute! Love the print x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely tops dear, especially the first one. Really chic print pattern!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great deal, Mica! You're such a savvy shopper! ;) I really like the first top and your bag pops nicely against the print. I also love the red necklace in the second outfit and how it complements your bag so well. I love the fun jewellery you can get at op-shops. I actually bought 2 necklaces at Lifeline today! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have the best opshop necklace finds! :)

      Delete
  31. I am so in love with this bag! I have seen it in black but never in red and the red is fabulous!! Beautiful look!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. The red handbag adds so much to the outfits. I need to get to my nearest "op shop" and see if I can find anything.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think you're right that the two black skirts are different enough to justify having both (especially when the second one was such a steal). I really like how you styled them. A black maxi skirt is a great staple to have.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love pop of red in your bag with your maxi skirt. Super adorable XOXO
    www.chez-rama.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks! it's been a long time coming!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...