Friday 20 July 2018

Tiered Sundresses In Winter With Cosy Cardigans and Rebecca Minkoff Bags

My previous post was all about wearing summer tanks in winter. This time I'm layering up some of my summer sundresses for winter temps. Both of these tiered strappy sundresses are from Kmart, and I've worn them in the cooler weather in the past although they are definitely most frequently worn in the warmer months. Keeping it simple, I added layers with boots and cardigans to make them work for cooler weather.

What I wore:

navy waterfall cardigan ankle boots tights summer sundress in winter yellow accessories | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram tiered sundress in winter with ankle boots tights cardigan yellow accessories
JacketJeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in navy night sky marle
NecklaceStarfish Project Veronica short yellow multi strand necklace
Dress: Kmart Aztec print tiered little black dress
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold

Why I wore it:

I wore this back near the start of winter, a busy day of rushing around getting last minute party things for 4 Year Old T's birthday. Long story short, the first supermarket we went to didn't have everything we needed, so I had to stop at multiple ones, and we went to 3 different stores in search of things to go on top of the cake before someone changed his mind again and we went back to the first place... 😂

Such a busy day, I wanted a simple outfit so a dress seemed like the best option. I thought everything would look nice until I put it on and realised it was a bit dark with all the black and navy.

When you want to add colour to an outfit, turn to accessories! That's my go-to rule, so I added this cheerful yellow statement necklace and my mustard Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag. While the yellows don't match, I felt they were just what this outfit needed.

Very pleased to report that unlike last year's over-ambitious cake, I wasn't up until the early hours of the morning finishing decorating this cake. My son was still just as impressed with it though which I'm happy about. (If you missed it, I've shared my party outfit here already).


Last worn: navy drape cardigan, Aztec print tiered dress, black ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag.

Other ways to wearnavy drape cardigan worn two ways, Aztec print tiered dress and kimono, black ankle boots and pencil skirt, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancyblack ankle boots in second trimester.



My Complete Rebecca Minkoff Handbag Collection:






What I wore:


grey maxi cardigan, tropical tiered summer sundress in winter scarf ankle boots | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey | away from the blue


awayfromblue instagram | tropical print tiered maxi dress blue shawl scarf cardigan love bag
JacketJeanswest Alice longline Australian wool cardigan
ScarfLouis Vuitton monogram shawl in bleu
Dress: Kmart Tropicana sleeveless tiered maxi dress
ShoesAsos leather Chelsea boots in tan
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey

Why I wore it:

Every time I wear this dress it makes me smile, but I felt it had been a long time between wears so I decided to give it another wear, even if we didn't have a particularly busy or exciting day. Nothing wrong with putting on a pretty dress just to run errands in! Plus the colourful and cheerful colours work well to keep you calm and prevent you becoming frazzled running errands with two little boys!


It's not the first time I've worn this dress with a grey cardigan and a colourful scarf. That previous outfit definitely inspired this recent one. The one big difference being that I made sure to pick a not as windy winter day when I wore this so that I didn't feel the cold coming in through the crochet border around the tiers of the dress.

I actually found this outfit a little warm in the middle of the day - this Louis Vuitton shawl is so cosy and while there's nothing in the print of the dress that matches this beautiful cobalt blue I thought it worked nicely with the coral. With all of the colour, the neutral grey Rebecca Minkoff Love bag seemed like a good accessory choice.


Last worn: wool maxi cardigan, Louis Vuitton shawl, tropical print maxi dress, Chelsea ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff Love Bag.

Other ways to wearwool maxi cardigan in monochrome outfit, Louis Vuitton shawl and burgundy pants, tropical print maxi dress and converse, Chelsea ankle boots and shift dress, Rebecca Minkoff Love Bag and skinny jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyChelsea ankle boots in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff Love Bag in third trimester.


Tiered Sundresses Under $50:



How You Can Wear It:

Get a few more wears from your favourite summer sundresses by layering them up with cosy cardigans and ankle boots for winter. You can add a scarf for extra warmth too.


Linking up with Lizzie In Lace, Shoe & Tell, Mix It Monday, Modest Monday, On Mondays We Link Up.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

59 comments:

  1. Ohh these two are nice outfits. Thanks for giving me an idea of what to wear for my upcoming trip this coming holidays! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad I could give you some inspiration!

      Delete
  2. I like the addition of bold colour scarf and necklace, good on you to be able to use the sundresses with cardigans for winter. Love your Rebecca Minkoff collection, you've got really nice bags.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do love my Rebecca Minkoff bags!

      Delete
  3. the bold color just pops well
    I enjoyed reading.
    Its a nice post
    Wishing you a lovely weekend
    New post
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2018/07/top-searches-for-summer-seasonal-seo.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday Mica! I absolutely love your choice to layer with your summer pieces and maximize your current wardrobe. Both dresses are beautiful and I agree adding color with your accessories is a great way to elevate a look. You always accessorize beautifully.

    I pray you and your family have a wonderful weekend!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colour combo in both outfits:) These dresses really suit you. And belated happy bday to the little one! That cake looks awesome!
    Have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He had a wonderful birthday :)

      Delete
  6. I hate when I have to go to multiple store for things. I can totally see why that second dress makes up smile. Have a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yes, it just make the whole trip longer!

      Delete
  7. The red floral tiered maxi dress is lovely and I'd smile as well every time I wear it. I like how it unexpectedly works for cooler weather too. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice outfits! I like the dresses. Here's too hot to wear a cardigan :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, too cold to go without one here!

      Delete
  9. Both awesome outfits, but I'll give the edge to the first one for your masterful deployment of yellow accessories! I'm totally with you on adding colour through your "stuff". Well done on the cobalt blue scarf with the dress - it doesn't have to match, it just has to "go"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I've really been embracing colourful accessories more!

      Delete
  10. I totally agree that accessories are one of the best ways to add color to any outfit and these two looks are perfect examples! That vibrant blue is a lovely color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both gorgeous outfits, Mica! I love the yellow necklace and bag in the first outfit. Accessories really do make an outfit special, don't they?! I love the colours in your second dress and the shawl is so beautiful! Hope you have a great weekend, Mica! :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! Yep, I think we both love our accessories, haha!

      Delete
  12. You are always so impressive with how you make your wardrobe work throughout the year, Mica!!
    I love both of these outfits...especially the yellow accents in the first one!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie! I like making things work year-round!

      Delete
  13. I agree, love adding color through bright accessories when I want to wear darker hues. Love the navy and yellow outfit!
    Have a happy weekend!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great way to extend the wear of your summer dresses. Layering is my favorite thing to do. It is a fun way to add interest and warmth to any outfit. I'm going to look at a few of my maxis and see how I can take them into cooler weather. Have a great day. - Amy
    http://stylingrannymama.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire you to look at your maxis and see which ones work for cooler weather!

      Delete
  15. I wear my summer dresses in fall and winter too, I love to layer them and play with different textures!! Happy Saturday Mica! x

    Yiota
    https://pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that too! I love dresses with cardigans! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful outfits. I love the summer maxi dress, such a nice color!
    Have a lovely weekend! :)

    Kathy's delight

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love tiered dresses, they are just so comfortable and so much fun plus they are perfect for all those 'eat all' evenings out! you look fabulous as always xx

    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes they hide a food baby for sure! :) #unexpectedBonus!

      Delete
  19. What a great way to get more life out of your summer dresses.
    They look fabulous with your cardigans and scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  20. loving your bag collection :) I have large M.A.C bag and i love it! cant wait for sample sale here in nyc (they have these twicew a year) where you can get the bags as low as $50!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could go to one of those! I do like the online sample sales too though! :)

      Delete
  21. For some reason, I just always associate dresses with summer so the moment the weather turns cold, I shun them! I will definitely need to have a go at layering and make the most of having such lovely pieces!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could make you think of them for winter too!

      Delete
  22. The last dress is so pretty! I love the color of it x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love wearing summer dress in fall too! Anyway, cute layers you have here dear!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look so cute in all these outfits. I love all the colors and accessories Xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I find layering can be so hard, it's like theres a fine line with what looks great or what looks like youve stepped out of a disney tv show. Great post!

    THE WHIMSICAL WILDLING | GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  26. In love with both looks! That waterfall cardigan is such a great staple and I adore the print of your maxi dress.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the splashes of yellow in the first outfit! It's so odd seeing you dressed for winter, it makes me feel hot because it's boiling here haha! Hope you've had a lovely weekend,
    Amy xx
    callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, the problem of living in different hemispheres! :)

      Delete
  28. I'm huge fan of blue and yellow combo.
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I wear my dresses all year round too, but only on office days when I know I will be inside all day.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this wouldn't be a good idea in a snowy winter, you'd want more layers then!

      Delete
  30. Both outfits are wonderful, but the second one is my fav. I just love how that LV scarf matches your the blue details on your maxi dress. It's such a lovely dress. I can see why it puts a small on your lips. I do agree with what you said as well. Nothing wrong with putting on a pretty dress, even if it is just to run errands in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes you just need to wear a pretty dress! :)

      Delete
  31. Such a beautiful dresses and outfits! I really like your style.

    http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cute!! I love how the yellow pops with the dark colors in your first outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Loving your yellow bag, its absolutely gorgeous xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. looking very cute!
    kisses from the sandpits of dubai ❤️
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love that red floral dress of yours. It's so cute and the colors look amazing on you!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  36. As I see you wear the maxi with the boots I remind myself that this is something I actually want to pull off ! Thanks for the reminder ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could remind you to give the outfit a try! :)

      Delete
  37. I love how you made those summery dresses work for the cold weather--I never would have thought that floral maxi dress would work in the cold but it totally does! And I love the yellow accents in your first look. You're right, they add the perfect amount of brightness.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the tiered maxi dresses, they add a beautiful dimensionality. I also love the quilted bag as it had so much text your cheer outfit. That Louis Vuitton scarf is to die for! I can imagine this might feel warm during mid day. But perfect for mornings and dinner out!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely gets warm in the middle of the day here in Brisbane near the end of winter!

      Delete
  39. I love the color combo of the blue and yellow with the first dress!
    Mary
    https://windandspindle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...