Monday 12 May 2014

Maternity Dresses! Maxi Dress Baby Shower Outfit, Wrap Dress For The Office

Here's what I wore on Sunday:
away from blue Third Trimester Pregnancy Maxi Dress Baby Shower Outfit

miu miu studded bag
Necklace: gold heart shaped necklace layered with vintage gold chain
DressMEV Havana maxi dress C/O Zibibo
Belt: Kmart thin gold glitter belt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Disney Couture Winnie the Pooh bangle, Hermes pink clic clac
BagMiu Miu cammeo studded clutch bag


Had a busy Sunday! After Saturday's trip to Australia Zoo, I had another luxurious pregnancy massage booked in the morning to get rid of all of the anticipated aches and pains from all of the walking around. Then it was a spot of shopping with my sister, the baby shower at my parents, and a BBQ dinner at the in-laws.

The baby shower was really fun. Baby got so many gifts! We had put together a little registry advising people that gifts weren't necessary, and suggesting a few little things if people wanted to buy something. So many people got us things, it was really unexpected and I got a little teary opening presents.

I'd initially been against the idea of a baby shower, but warmed up to it more during the pregnancy. They aren't very common in Australia. It was such a lovely way to spend Mother's Day though, and I'm very thankful to my mum and sister who put so much effort into the party. Spending time with friends, family and with my mother and mother in law celebrating the impending arrival of their grandchild was really special. Hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day too. :)


Last worn: purple maternity maxi dress, gold glitter belt, Havaianas, Miu Miu studded cammeo bag.



Here's what I wore to work today:
third trimester office wear soon maternity workwear printed wrap dress

balenciaga part time bag 2010 black silver hardware
Dress: Soon Maternity 'Madeline' grey print wrap dress
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs studded mouse flats in grey
Bracelets: the usual plus enamel coated Marc By Marc Jacobs Katie bracelet
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with GSH


After a busy weekend, simplicity was needed, so went with this Soon Maternity wrap dress for work again. Made getting ready easy, and was perfect for the many meetings I had.

Shocked to search the blog and find that I haven't carried this bag for 5 months - I need to get better at rotating through my handbags. It's a little tricky now that they are all stored in boxes under the bed though, bending down to get things is not the easiest manoeuvre when pregnant, haha!


Last worn: maternity wrap dress, studded mouse flats, Balenciaga Part Time bag.

Linking up with Mix It Mondays, Manic Mondays, Style Sessions, Trend Spin Linkup today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

53 comments:

  1. Your Havava maxi is a stunner! Goodness, you've been busy. :D looking great, Lovely.
    Laughed re comment getting bag boxes out...get hubby to work for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I'll need to get him to rummage through the boxes and find the bags I want soon! :)

      Delete
  2. These maternity dresses look amazing on you. And you glow! Wow ~ The havana maxi dress is sooo dreamy!

    x Angela
    www.bouncingbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous dress - one of my favourite maternity pieces for sure!

      Delete
  3. I love the bright maxi on you! And how exciting that you had the shower this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, perfect to have on Mother's Day! :)

      Delete
  4. You're baby bump is too cute!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its amazing to see mommy fashion!!
    I am sure going to bookmark this place for future :)
    www.dndb.in

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous! Love that purple on you and it paired with the gold belt! So pretty!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. the pink dress is very lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These dresses are fabulous on you! Your first Mother's Day sounds lovely - showers are lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute maxi dresses! The colour magenta looks beautiful on your skin tone (I am "fair" or "pale" as you call it as well haha). Sounds like the baby shower was loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a good afternoon - I really enjoyed it, my mum and sister did a great job putting it all together! :)

      Delete
  10. Oh dear - I am def having a little chuckle at you not being able to access your handbags!
    You looked beautiful for your shower.x

    Thankfifi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it is tricky! Not long until the bump will be gone though, and I'll have a fun story to tell baby! :)

      Delete
  11. Your baby shower looked awesome Mica! They can be fun. Glad you got great things. You are so deserving. Love that gold belt with the purple dress. Fabulous dress and leggings outfit. You look AWESOME!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Needed to add the tights on Monday as it was so cold!

      Delete
  12. Sounds like you had a lovely baby shower Mica and you definitely got a great set of gifts. That purple dress is such a beautiful shade and it looks just lovely on you. You are looking so good sweetie!! :)

    xTheresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love both of these dresses on you...super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember those days well! You look adorable, enjoy it all!

    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww so glad you had fun at the baby shower! It sounds like had great people there, too!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so happy with everyone who came and those who still sent their love although they couldn't make it :)

      Delete
  16. Ohhhh I LOVE your Miu Miu bag! Sounds like a great weekend. So glad you had a great shower!

    Xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, that first maxi dress is certainly gorgeous Mica! Love the color and design of it. <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would totally wear these dresses if they ever have the non maternity version. Very flattering cut and you look stunning in them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I can continue to wear them post-pregnancy as nursing dresses, but we will see how different they look without a bump! :)

      Delete
  19. I definitely think that shade of pink is your colour. Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend. Reading all about it and the support from your family and friends makes me feel all warm and happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Imogen. It was a great weekend, nothing better than spending time with loved ones! :)

      Delete
  20. Mica, that Magenta is such an awesome color on you. The wrap dress is beautiful too as are those gray/silver flats. I love that it is a muted Animal Print. =)

    I am happy that you had a beautiful baby shower. I bet you got lots of nice things.

    Looking gorgeous as usual. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby got so many beautiful things, we were very blessed! :)

      Delete
  21. that gray print wrap dress looks so FABULOUS! you've got the pregnant chic look down!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
  22. That studded Miu Miu bag is great! And as always I'm loving that leopard dress! :D Perfection every time you wear it.
    Sounds like an awesome baby shower too! :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are one of the chicest pregnant mamas I've seen. And that purple is a great color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look lovely!! stay happy and eat well for healthy baby dear :)
    www.indianfashionandlifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look lovely, you dress your bump so well! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. Check out you and your precious little baby bump!!

    Jenna from Visions of Vogue

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great purple color, dear! And your tummy is beautiful :) Nice to hear, you had a wonderful mother's day.
    Rathana xo ✪FabFashionaire.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look lovely in both of these dresses! My fave is the wrap dress. And, that Miu Miu bag is fab!!! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. yay I'm so excited that the little bub has so many new presents! love all the embellishments in your belt and bag detail in the first outfit. hope you're having a wonderful week so far! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  30. Glad to hear you had a nice shower. Your comment about bending down made me laugh - I remember towards the end of my pregnancy and I had attended a formal event where I wore ankle strap heels. Yup my belly was way too big for me to reach the straps, my hubby had to buckle it for me.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that is love! I don't know if hubby would do that for me!
      Envious you could wear heels near the end too - I'm too clumsy and swollen to consider much other than flats, and even then I'm only wearing them as I have to for work :P

      Delete
  31. Here, baby showers are a must - and they are so much fun, with activities and games. Sometimes they are gender mixed and done in hotels with music, entertainment... i went to one last year that had a stand up comedian !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that sounds incredible! They are definitely not must-haves, or anything very big here.

      Delete
  32. Lovely you got such a wonderful Mother's day, you are a mother-to-be after all! I just had to comment that your dress with your wraparound gold belt is just an absolute stunner. You look so glowy and fresh and everything about it is so beautiful. Rosemary x

    rosemaryofelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, yep mum to a fluffy 4-legged child with a 2-legged child on the way! :)

      Delete
  33. oh i thought baby showers are common ;) i haven't been here long enough to know tho but i'm glad you got one! and on mother's day too.. hehe. love the darker outfit here, so chic! and you just reminded me i have some bbags i haven't seen in a while too.. haha.

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really common in the US, but hardly hear of them in Australia! It was the first time my mother in law had attended a shower even, so it was nice to share that with her :)

      Delete
  34. I love that fuchsia maxi! So cute, especially with your baby bump :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you all for your lovely comments and compliments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. LOVE the belt in the first outfit! Newest follower!
    Jordyn
    Pretty Lovely

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...