Monday 6 August 2018

Printed Sheath Dresses With Mulberry Bayswater Bag and Winter Layers

Layering up some some dresses for winter office wear. Something I do frequently (I love extending the opportunities in the year I can wear pies in my wardrobe), but something that perhaps was a little poorly thought through this time, considering it was the coldest winter week we'd had for a while. The weekend before it had been the coldest day in 4 years, so very chilly temperatures. Being stubborn and having nothing else planned to wear though, I persisted with wearing my dresses!

What I wore:

paisley print sheath dress layered up for winter navy trench louis vuitton shawl business casual | awayfromblue

Mulberry Bayswater in Oak NVT leather with blue printed dress | awayfromtheblue

business casual office outfit paisley print dress blue louis vuitton monogram shawl | awayfromblue

awayfromtheblue instagram mulberry bayswater with blue paisley print sheath dress layered for winter
JacketJeanswest Monica Mac coat in Indigo
ScarfLouis Vuitton monogram shawl in bleu
Cardigan: Paper Scissors grey wrap cardigan
DressFrench Connection blue Paisley print dress
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagMulberry Bayswater in Oak NVT leather

Why I wore it:

Could not resist going a bit monochrome here with the blue macintosh, blue sheath dress and blue Louis Vuitton shawl. Do I look cold though? I was freezing! I thought the scarf, ankle boots, and cardigan I wore under my coat would keep me warm, but I was shivering on the way to work. Such a chilly day. I ended up needing my coat when we went out for lunch too. I did regret not picking something warmer to wear.

Cold weather aside, I did like this outfit. I loved all the blue together, and this Mulberry Bayswater bag holds everything I need for the office. While this sheath dress is definitely worn the most in the warmer weather, it's nice to do something different and layer it up a little for winter. Just maybe will pick a less chilly day next time I try!


Last worn: navy macintosh, grey cardigan, Louis Vuitton shawl, Paisley print sheath dress, RMK ankle boots, Mulberry Bayswater.

Other ways to wearnavy macintosh and pencil skirt, grey cardigan and maxi dress, Louis Vuitton shawl and floral dress, Paisley print sheath dress and heels, 30 ways to wear black ankle boots, Mulberry Bayswater.


Perfect for pregnancy: Paisley print sheath dress in second trimester, RMK ankle boots in second trimester, Mulberry Bayswater in second trimester.



Wear and Tear: Mulberry Bayswater




What my Mulberry bayswater bag looks like up close after 7 years of wear





What I wore:

colourful winter printed sheath dress, trench coat, scarf and mulberry bayswater outfit | away from blue

Mulberry Heritage Bayswater in Oak NVT leather | away from the blue

office winter business casual outfit orange sheath dress yellow love quotes linen scarf

awayfromblue instagram mulberry bayswater bag winter office outfit with orange sheath dress trench coat
Jacket: Barkins beige trench coat 
ScarfLove Quotes knotted tassel linen scarf in sunshine yellow
Cardigan: Paper Scissors grey wrap cardigan
DressFrench Connection 'Woodblock wonder' panache dress in white/geranium rose
BeltRebecca Minkoff Liv double wrap velvet belt
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagMulberry Bayswater in Oak NVT leather

Why I wore it:

Following exactly the same outfit formula as the one above, with a pretty printed sheath dress, the same ankle boots, cardigan, and Mulberry Bayswater bag. I did make a change and instead of wearing the blue macintosh I wore this cosy trench coat - it's warm and lined and I didn't feel the cold as much in this outfit. I was also able to leave my coat behind when I went out for lunch, it was a warmer day overall.

I've always found this sheath dress tricky to wear outside of summer. Fleecy tights is my default winter wear with dresses and skirts, but black and orange? Makes me think of Halloween. I added the black belt to try tie in the black tights with the dress, and I did consider swapping out the grey cardigan for a black one. But my black cardigan is a lot thicker than this and I wasn't sure it would fit under the coat! I still quite liked this outfit, even with the grey cardigan.

While the bold orange dress is enough of a statement on its own, I felt like adding more colour and wearing this yellow scarf. It's such a big scarf, perfect for wrapping around a few times and keeping me cosy. Thought it would be a good colour to wear with this dress after I loved my yellow statement necklace with the orange print when I wore it previously. I really liked this outfit!


Last worn: camel trench, grey cardigan (above), yellow Love Quotes scarf, orange sheath dress, velvet belt, RMK ankle boots (above), Mulberry Bayswater (above).

Other ways to wearcamel trench and burgundy pants, grey cardigan and jeans, yellow Love Quotes scarf and grey maxi dress, orange sheath dress and blazer, velvet belt over a blazer, ankle boots and shorts, Mulberry Bayswater and chambray dress.

Perfect for pregnancycamel trench coat in second trimester, yellow Love Quotes scarf in second trimester, orange sheath dress in second trimester, ankle boots in second trimester, Mulberry Bayswater in third trimester.


Sheath Dresses Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

Printed sheath dresses, or any summer workwear staple, can easily be layered up for cooler weather. A business casual office environment like mine makes ankle boots a practical and suitable choice. You can also add extra layers for your commute like a cardigan under a thicker coat, and a warm and cosy scarf. The cardigan comes in helpful when you reach your desk if your office aircon is too cold as well!


Linking up with Confident Twosday, Turning Heads, Trend Spin.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

66 comments:

  1. I like so much both this looks- this bag is fabolous - I wish to have them in my collection :-)
    Have a lovely week dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if it is just me or cognac colour just complements every outfit so well. To add to this look is the fact that the bag is the Mulberry basewater. I love love it and I have a savings account for it as my second designer piece. I recently purchased a Furla tote which I cant bring myself to using it everyday. Talk of not getting my cost per wear
    www.sindisosdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you save up for it soon - it's a lovely bag and I'm really glad I got mine! :)

      Delete
  3. Dear Mica, I like both of your looks, too! So sorry you were that cold with the first look on that cold day but what you combined looks absolutely fantastic. Love also the second look - how wonderful you combined the bright and bold colours togehter! Enjoy the new week!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena! I really like the colours together :)

      Delete
  4. You look fabulous in both outfits, Mica! Both dresses look so stylish for the office and warm for the colder weather. Both look so cosy, even though you were freezing in the first outfit!;) I really like the orange and yellow combo in the second outfit. Your lipstick looks so pretty too! Hope you have a great week, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! I should rewear it on a warmer day! :)

      Delete
  5. Love both of these dress and scarf combos! So chic and sophisticated for the office.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Monday pretty lady! I am that lady that will maximize her dresses on the coldest days as well..haha:) I absolutely adore both looks! Your accessories always pop and compliment beautifully! The second dress is super attractive and I love how you layered with more color to create a fabulous and fun on the go look! As always, thanks for the inspiration and I pray you will have a blessed new week!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiff! It's definitely good to wear my dresses, even on colder days!

      Delete
  7. The bag is the perfect addition! Such a lovely colour too :)

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your layering is on point! And I love love love your Mulberry Bayswater in Oak NVT leather! It's such a gorgeous bag and so classic!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you are just brilliant for making these dresses so versatile, Mica. And the yellow scarf with the red is right up my alley---I love it.
    Even though I usually like the bright colors best, I still love the blue outfit---it's so pretty!!
    When it's super cold outside, I have been known to layer my tights and wear a pair of pantyhose under my tights. I'll even sneak a tight shirt under my dress for more warmth. Since I'm always cold, I have to do these extras!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie! I've never layered tights together before, but that's a good tip! My tights are fleece lined which helps!

      Delete
  10. Love that handbag! So cute!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun, colorful looks! Your LV shawl is gorgeous! That shade of blue is beautiful and adds a such a fun touch to the first outfit.
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are two very beautiful sheath dresses. I love how you layered them and of course I am crazy about your handbags. Have a wonderful week and I hope the weather is lovely.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Weather extremes are never fun for outfit photos, but we preserver anyway! I love all the blues together.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Problems of being a style blogger, haha!

      Delete
  14. I love that longer cardigan in the second look! Stupid weather ruining the practicality of your outfits! But they're super cute anyway, so who cares if you were a little chilly ;)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, at least I was only briefly chilly! :)

      Delete
  15. My favorite outfit is the first one. I love how the color all work well. I hope your family feels better soon. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It's hard in winter when everyone gets so sick!

      Delete
  16. You didn't look cold in you first picture at all, but the sun is always misleading.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes - Queensland life - sunny even when it's cold!

      Delete
  17. What a great bag, so versatile! I really like how you've styled it too, very chic!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mica
    I also don't give up wearing dresses in the winter, despite the cold !! The solution is the layered look. In the street we look like a bear with so much clothes, but then in the office we look very elegant with a dress !!
    I like your second option most, I think it's more colorful !!
    I hope you have a great work week.




    kisses

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha true, you don't need as many layers when you finally get to the office! :)

      Delete
  19. Sorry to hear you froze while wearing the first outfit, but goodness, it sure is beautiful! I love how you styled both of these dresses. The colors just pop and are so perfect to brighten up a winter day. :)

    I hope you have a wonderful week and you're feeling better!

    ~Lindsey
    https://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love how you're embracing those fall vibes! Such cute outfits - thanks for sharing!

    -Emily | www.TheEmilyEdition.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Mica,
    I really like both of your outfits! You are so good in combining this dress with accessorize and presenting great outfit! Thanks for sharing! I wish you great week!

    http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving these layers! Makes me so excited for fall. I like how you layered a cardigan and a coat.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love both styles here so much. Your Mulberry bag is gorgeous! I have one and I absolutely adore it. Comes in handy, especially when you travel. You look so lovely hope your having a nice start to your week. For me I am multitasking while traveling, so it is fun and a lot. I need to take a bit of a break soon :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2018/08/decoding-chanel-reissue.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have to say that the addition to both looks of the bright scarves on your neck are perfect, those bright shades make your eyes and skin tone shine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena! I love my bright scarves!

      Delete
  25. Loved these both looks, mica. you look amazing as always. Happy Monday. xx

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes loving the printed dresses. i need to wear more dresses as it is so hot here. And as usual great accessories.


    Allie of
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dresses are so perfect in the heat! :)

      Delete
  27. I have a hard time finding ways to wear bright colors outside of summer too. Orange with black makes me think of Halloween too. And yellow and black always makes me think of a bumble bee. It just occurred to me to try and find some navy fleece tights and that might solve the issue for wearing both colors in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the navy tights would look great with orange and yellow! Good idea! :)

      Delete
  28. Both are great, easy looks. More women should wear dresses when they are this easy and comfy. Well done, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The things we do to look good right! But the monochrome look is beautiful! Your trenchcoat is very nice, I love a classic item!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, I didn't want to try come up with a new outfit for the weather when I knew this would look great!

      Delete
  30. These scarves are a great way of bringing bolder and brighter colours into a cold weather wardrobe; the yellow one in particular really brightens up the look! Hope you're having a fantastic week so far :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabrielle! I love scarves for that! :)

      Delete
  31. That Mulberry bag is gorgeous, you can tell it's one of those versatile bags which will age beautifully. The second outfit is my favorite, I love the colors!
    http://www.lambassadrice.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's definitely a classic style! :)

      Delete
  32. Love your blue paisley dress the Mulberry bag, so classic and beautiful. Have a happy midweek dear!

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love how you layered your printed dresses for perfect. Pairing them with a nice cardi and a coat is a great way to keep warm, but still look chic. You look fantastic.

    The Mulberry bag is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm totally with you- it can be tough to work in those brights come winter. I'm loving that Mulberry!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  35. You're giving me a lot of winter outfit inspiration! Shame the first outfit left you cold, but it looks so cute! I LOVE Mulberry bags!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  36. You look gorgeous, very unique style x)

    http://it-s-such-a-wonderful-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love that first outfit especially--all the blues are so pretty together! Sorry you were so cold though, I hate being cold all day. I tend to be the same way though and often wear what I planned regardless of the weather... stubborn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! Thankfully I wasn't cold in the office, just a very cold start to the day!

      Delete
  38. I'm absolutely in love with your Mulberry bag! Mulberry is one my most fave designer if not the most fave. I have pretty much the same bag but in black. They are so classy and elegant xx

    Much Love,
    Elegant Duchess xx
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Looking gorgeous in blue hun and love your bag xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your layering are always on point lady. I love how classy sheath dresses are. You look great and office ready.
    Hope the week has started off well for you. :-)

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  41. I really like both outfits, that bag is such a chic and timeless piece and looks great with both looks. The second one doesn't look Halloween-y because you have the white in the dress breaking it up and the pop of yellow offsets it too, great styling!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jalisa! I think those little things do offset it like you said :)

      Delete
  42. Love the blue outfit, and the paisley print dress! It's pretty similar in color and general look to one of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  43. The Bayswater style is a classic from Mulberry. Layering up is just the way to go, I uusally do the same for cooler months. Your printed dresses are lovely. I adore the first style. Have a great week Mica. xo

    ReplyDelete
  44. These are both lovely looks. The dresses are so pretty and I especially like the bright yellow scarf against the background of the second orange dress.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  45. Is this the Bayswater you mentioned you don't use too often? I love the colour though! I must admit my Bayswater hasn't had much love - it seems too corporate for my kid-centric life right now - I just can't part with it though... when I go back to work, maybe, haha!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm having the same issue! It's perfect for corporate life, but I don't work as much as I did so it's not worn as much as it could be. Not an everyday kid friendly bag for me!

      Delete
  46. Such a chic look dear! Loving the colors and the comfy layers.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...