Monday 28 May 2018

Black and White Dresses For The Office With Navy Rebecca Minkoff Regan Bag

The beauty of a black and white dress is that you can really accessorise with anything! I even got to get out one of my scarves I've been waiting to wear.

As you can see from the outfits below, although these were worn just a day apart there was a big change in the temperatures! A couple of weeks ago it eventually started cooling down in Brisbane. This Friday is the first day of winter, so it's about time we had some cooler weather!

What I wore:

blush pink blazer and Rebecca Minkoff velvet double wrap belt, Regan bag, autumn office style | awayfromblue

silver bracelet stack, Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram blush pink blazer belted over stripe fit and flare dress with rebecca minkoff regan bag
JacketJeanswest Nadine 3/4 sleeve dusky pink blazer
DressJeanswest 'Rita' stripe jersey dress
BeltRebecca Minkoff Liv double wrap velvet belt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs black logo plaque ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon

Why I wore it:

It's not the first time I've belted this blazer, but I think this is my favourite outfit I've created with it. I have worn this belted over a black fit and flare dress before, this time around I really liked the double wrap velvet belt and the pink with the black and white.

The only thing I didn't like with this outfit was that it was a little chilly in the morning - after taking photos, I ran inside to grab a scarf as I packed the tripod away before I left for work. Didn't have time to get photos with the scarf, but it stayed off for the rest of the day as the weather heated up. Headed out to the Brisbane Botanical Gardens again with my friend to take some photos. While she doesn't have an active blog, she is modelling some pieces she's been sent so I was happy to enjoy the autumn sunshine and take some pics for her. Managed to get a pic of my outfit too! We had time for a quick lunch after before we headed back to the office, with an afternoon full of meetings for me.


Last worn: blush pink blazer, velvet double wrap belt, striped fit and flare dress, Marc By Marc Jacobs ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag.

Other ways to wearblush pink blazer and olive tank, velvet double wrap belt over a vest, striped fit and flare dress in winter, Marc By Marc Jacobs ballet flats and A-line skirt, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag and wrap dress.

Perfect for pregnancyblush pink blazer in third trimester, striped fit and flare dress in second trimester.


Review And Contents of the Rebecca Minkoff Regan Bag:






What I wore:

black and white knit dress, rgey feather scarf, blazer and Regan bag, autumn office style | away from blue

printed knit dress, rebecca minkoff moon navy regular satchel bag | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram autumn office outfit black white knit dress feather scarf blazer

Jacket:  Zara cream jersey blazer
Scarf: gifted grey and gold embroidered feather scarf
Dress: black and white knit dress from my Grandma's wardrobe
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon

Why I wore it:

A much cooler morning had me pulling out my Grandma's knitted dress. It was one of the pieces I'd packed away for winter. I'd recently unboxed all my winter things, perfect timing for the weather change. While this dress has been worn a few times, it's the first time I had the opportunity to wear this beautiful personalised scarf my friend sent me. The gold embroidered feathers are complimented with my name in gold foil, it's such a sweet gift.

This was just the right amount of layers for a wet and cold autumn day, although I am wondering if I'll have to get my tights out soon! Again, just like the outfit above, I stuck with my Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag, the neutral navy goes with so much.


Last worn: cream blazer, knitted dress, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag (above). First time I've worn the scarf.

Other ways to wearcream blazer and pencil skirt, knitted dress and leopard print scarf, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats and skinny jeans, Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag and printed shorts.

Perfect for pregnancy: cream jersey blazer in second trimester, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats and maternity pencil skirt.


Black and White Dresses For The Office Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A classic black and white dress is an office essential. It's an instant throw on and go outfit. You can add a blazer if it's cooler or you want your outfit to seem a little more professional. The black and white is also a great backdrop to add some colour to, like the blush blazer in the first outfit, or to try print mixing with the feather print scarf in the second outfit.


Linking up with Confident Twosday, Turning Heads, Style Sessions.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

71 comments:

  1. Love how you've placed the scarf over your jacket! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great black and white dresses, you can't go wrong with stripes!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bag is definitely a steal
    I love the structure and color

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so true that the accessory possibilities are endless with black and white, Mica! I love your velvet belt in the first outfit and your scarf in the second outfit! The scarf is so pretty and being personalised with your name on it is awesome! The navy bag looks great with everything too: such a pretty colour! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love that it was personalised! :) Such a sweet gift.

      Delete
  5. I love a good pink blazer, and yours looks so good with the black belt and striped dress! :)
    http://www.lambassadrice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love black & white paired with pink, it is such a lovely combo!! You always put together the best outfits Mica!! Happy Monday, I hope you had a lovely start of the week!! xx

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the first outfit, the blazer is so chic with that striped dress!

    -Kati
    Almost Stylish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mica
    If I, in my Portugal winter dressed like that I would die of cold ahahahha
    I loved your first look with the belt, I'm more and more like stripes, the dress with the pink coat was perfect. I also have a collection of scarfs and I love seeing them in looks.


    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm excited to get my scarves out now it's winter!

      Delete
  9. Love the outfit, and I love the bag <3

    I've subbed you On youtube <3 Hope you'll sub me back too!!!

    http://www.surrealserene.com

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiI5q-hIiuGtZZPtzVHTPxw?view_as=subscriber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for subscribing! :) I don't do follow for follow though.

      Delete
  10. I love both the looks! The dresses are so cute.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That personalized scarf is just lovely, Mica:) And another set of great outfits! I love how you belted the blazer in the first outfit. And I so agree that you can't really go wrong with black and white:)
    I think it's around night time there now in AU, so I hope you're having a lovely evening.:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmy! It is a beautiful scarf, such a sweet gift!

      Delete
  12. Such a cute bag, I really love it with this outfit x

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both of these looks Mica. Both are so professional and could go from work to going out so easily.

    x,
    Chanel | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Black and white is such a classic color combo. That never goes out of style. I love the fact you have a dress from your grandma closet. Have a wonderful week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm lucky she didn't want it any more, and that it fits! :)

      Delete
  15. Wow the second dress is such an amazing find, it looks amazing! Was it passed down to you? Hope you have a great week x

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got it from one of my grandma's wardrobe clear outs - she gave it to my mum who passed it onto me :)

      Delete
  16. Both great outfits, Mica - I like the first one (nice work on the belting - lovely velvet belt!). What a sweet gift of that scarf! It even has your name on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! It is a great gift! :)

      Delete
  17. I love my black and white dress for the office, it is so easy to change with accessories and it matches every lipstick I own. Very important for me, ha!

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, while I like that they go with every bag I own!

      Delete
  18. Such a cute bag! So polished and professional looking.

    xo,
    Meredith
    NO BASIS IN REALITY | LATEST POST | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm in love with that bag! :)

    x Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. The botanical gardens sounds lovely! I adore this bag though, the navy shade is so rich and pretty, what a great piece! Happy Monday, Mica! We had a bank holiday here so it's a long weekend xx.

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoyed the long weekend! It was nice to enjoy some of the sun in the gardens at lunch time for sure!

      Delete
  21. My fave is the second look ! Oh that bag is glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That scarf is such a pretty gift!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that cute striped dress and that embroidered scarf is gorgeous!

    <3 Shannon 
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  24. Black and white is always classic and lovely. That navy bag is gorgeous. I love the idea of belting a jacket. It gives a new dimension to the look. I love both looks.

    https://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    https://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such an easy way to change up the way a jacket looks!

      Delete
  25. These outfits are so cute, I love that pink l blazer
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love a botanical garden too Mica. I never used to wear black and white outfits but really love them these days. Love your styling xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky to have one so close to the office!

      Delete
  27. You look amazing in both outfits and that RM bag is super cute.
    Glowyshoes's blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. You're so right that the black & white goes with everything!! I love how you wore the navy purse with both outfits. It's hard to tell the difference between navy and black at times, so why not put them together!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love black and navy together!

      Delete
  29. I love black and white color combo. If all else fails, these colors are always a winner! They are such great neutrals that it can pretty much mix and match with so many different items making your outfit possibilities endless! Love the belted blazer on the first photo and that scarf is perfection! Those feather details are beautiful and such a lovely work of art.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is such a beautiful scarf, and a very kind gift! :)

      Delete
  30. I agree - black and white dresses are PERFECT pieces to show off any accessory!!! Love the striped one you show with the pink blazer and blue Rebecca Minkoff - so chic!!!

    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  31. You really cannot go wrong with black and white! Hope you are having a great start to the week, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  32. In the first outfit, I really like how you belted it. Such a pretty look! The second outfit is also very chic, I like the cool shades and the scarf.
    So nice you took photos of your friend. The photo of you in that garden is very lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how simple it is to change the look of something just by belting it! :)

      Delete
  33. Gorgeous looks on you! Black and white is the best <3

    http://hungrycaramella.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  34. That dress on the first outfit is so cute! x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love my black and white outfits for the same reason versatility with accessories! I love the first dress with that blush blazer! Such a great combination!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely combo, I'm sure I'll wear it again! :)

      Delete
  36. These looks are so professional and well put together. Great ensemble! I love stripes a lot.
    Have a blessed week beautiful. :-)

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your scarf is beautiful and I love the personalization of it! The blush colored blazer compliments your striped dress so well and looks great belted! I am really loving the color and might have to keep an eye out for a similar blazer. I can see it being really versatile. Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is a great blazer - and a lovely scarf!

      Delete
  38. I love the bold black and white print, and your striped dress looks great with the blush blazer. The botanical gardens must have been so pretty - it's nice you were able to escape the office for a bit!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's great having the gardens so close so we can relax there at lunch time!

      Delete
  39. I love that first dress so much! That striped dress is really a classic and I love how you styled it with the belt!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think fit and flare dresses work so well with belts!

      Delete
  40. Lovely outfits dear, especially the first one. I like the blush pink blazer, super cute with the stripes.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gorgeous scarf Mica! I love the soft print. Your striped dress with the pink is so lovely on you! I need to wear my striped dress! Love the bag with it and your mj flats! I have a pair with a pointed toe.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! It is a beautiful scarf :)

      Delete
  42. Thank you all for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...