Friday 9 February 2018

Two Ways to Wear: Jeanswest Elissa Leaf Print Tank

I got so many nice new wardrobe additions as Christmas presents! This top is one of them, and I got some pretty necklaces and kimonos too. While I have my 30 ways to wear series, it's nice to use the two outfit format I have in each post to show two ways to wear something too.

The beauty of this printed tank from Jeanswest is that it goes with so much in my wardrobe. It's nice and light for summer and was perfect to wear on two very hot days during some of the heatwaves we had in Brisbane.

What I wore:

summer chambray maxi skirt outfit with Jeanswest Elissa left print tank red saddle bag | awayfromblue

silver bracelet stack, Rebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red  | awayFromTheBlue

awayfromblue instagram summer chambray maxi skirt outfit leaf print tank red bag
EarringsJeanswest Evy dangly earring
Necklace: Lovisa gold filigree heart pendant
Tank: Jeanswest Elissa leaf print tank
SkirtNoisy May long denim maxi skirt
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush
Bracelets: the usual plus vintage silver charm bracelet and silver diamonte bracelet
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red (on sale in blue!)

Why I wore it:

Wore this pretty tank for the first time to go out to dinner. I thought the chambray maxi skirt would be nice with the blue leaves in the print, and they are both light pieces which was perfect for the heatwave we were experiencing.

The red leaves in the print made me think of this little red saddle bag right away too. (See 30 ways to wear a red saddle bag here.) I really liked how this outfit came together. While the usual 'fashion rule' is to avoid pairing two voluminous pieces like this skirt and tank together, I've done it a few times. Sometimes you just want loose, comfortable layers, and on this super hot day it was exactly what was needed. I really liked wearing this outfit. So comfortable, and great for overindulging at dinner as the maxi skirt has an elastic waistband!


Last worn: earrings, chambray maxi skirt, studded rebecca minkoff sandals, red saddle bag.

Other ways to wearearrings and maxi dress, chambray maxi skirt worn two ways in winter, studded rebecca minkoff sandals worn 30 ways, red saddle bag worn 30 ways.








What I wore:

Summer pastel SAHM outfit silver accessories black bag blush shorts leaf print Elissa tank

Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram pastel pink leaf print tank and shorts outfit with black Balenciaga part time bag
Necklace: gifted statement silver plate necklace
TankJeanswest Elissa leaf print tank
Shorts: thrifted pastel pink cotton shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

Had a fun day out planned with my mum and sister. Again, it was a hot day so I went with comfortable pieces like the printed tank and the pastel pink shorts. The tank has pink leaves in the print that match so nicely to the shorts. Just like last time I wore these shorts though, I managed to get them dirty. I'm kinda glad I thrifted these as they are confirming my suspicion that I'm just too clumsy to get white shorts or jeans, ha! It's annoying to have to try remove stains so often though.

The pretty necklace was a Christmas gift, I thought it worked really well with the neckline of the top.

There were just a few things I wasn't too happy about with this outfit. I think a different bag would have worked better, the black is a bit harsh with all the pastels. It looks okay, but I have other bags (like my metallic mini MAC) that would have looked better I think.

I also wish I'd gone for a different backdrop to show the outfit off better, it kinda blends in with the bricks. I was just looking for a shady spot to take a photo that morning though, didn't think about how it looked with my outfit. I always pick spots for their shade, I admire the bloggers that drive around looking for the perfect locations to match their outfits! It's too sunny to use my normal spot over summer, so I'm finding the shade where I can.


Last worn: leaf print tank (above), pink shorts, Havaianas, Balenciaga part time bag

Other ways to wearpink shorts and denim jacket, Balenciaga part time bag in the office

Perfect for pregnancyBalenciaga part time bag in third trimester.



Similar Leaf Print Tanks Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:


A multi coloured printed piece like this leaf print tank makes creating outfits easy. You can change up the way you wear it each time by picking clothing that matches different colours out of the print. Picking a colour out of a printed piece is a good way to pick an accessory too if you're unsure what would go best and you don't want something other than a neutral piece.




Linking up with Passion for Fashion, Lizzie In Lace, Shoe and Tell, Mix it Monday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

64 comments:

  1. You always with good ideas. I love the way you built yours outfits...
    Hope you have a great weekend here its cold that we couln t leave home..
    Xoxo from Portugal

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very different weather here with the heatwaves, haha!

      Delete
  2. The top pairs perfectly with the long skirt, it's a lovely combo!! I love pastel colours for spring and I started wearing them! :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i do love a versatile piece, in fact if an item can't be remixed i don't tend to buy it! You also have such a fab bag collection lovely! Hope you have a fab weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous!!

    www.petiteelliee.com

    Ellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. If they weren't side by side I would never have recognized the top, it looks so different styled with other items! And yes, I usually end up just taking every spot available for a quick snap as well and don't care too much about the background. My life is just too busy to do that.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, motherhood does not give you a lot of time to find photo spots, haha! Especially when you work full time like you do, I admire you so much for juggling it all! :)

      Delete
  6. That's such a pretty tank top, Mica! I love the colours and the leaf print. It looks great with the maxi skirt and shorts. Both outfits are perfect for our hot summers and that tank will look great with a cardi when it cools down! Hope you have a nice and relaxing weekend, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm hoping for it to cool down soon so I can layer it eventually, haha!

      Delete
  7. It's such a versatile top, Mica!! I love how it can be dressy or casual!!
    Enjoy your weekend...we are going to dinner with friends!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The leaves go with so many different pieces - how lovely! I love gifts that I can really use!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lose fitting tank tops are perfect for summer. It gets so hot here in NY during the summer I always look for lose fitting clothes like these. Both looks are super cute!

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Friday Mica! The top is very cute and you styled it perfectly. I like your choice of black bag in the second look. It shows how versatile it can be season to season.

    Have a beautiful weekend!

    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty tank, and I love it styled with both the skirt and the shorts. These outfits making me dream of spring here! Such beautiful necklaces too!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That printed top is so cute! I love both ways you styled it. And I agree with Linda - I never would've realized it was the same top. You did such a good job styling it differently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This top makes it easy with all the different colours in the print :)

      Delete
  13. Such a pretty top, loving it both ways but especially with those cozy shorts <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a versatile tank, Mica:) Both the outfits are great. I've been hearing about the heat wave there so totally understand you:) And I too admire all those bloggers who scout locations! I'm so lazy...I just do it outside our garage rain or shine:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, a lot to be said for easy locations for photos! :)

      Delete
  15. This is such a lovely tank top. I love the prints on it. Both Style is beautiful but my favorite is with skirt.
    Hope you are enjoying this week. Have a great weekend. Kisses 💕💕http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh you look so cute.. what a great print.

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the way you've styled your new top in both outfits, but especially the first one! The chambray maxi skirt is so pretty. Thanks for sharing, girlie, and I hope you have a great weekend ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the print of your tank! It's fun and not over-the-top. It's a really versatile piece for sure!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty tank! The print and breezy style certainly look versatile and your styling of these outfits give it two distinctly different feels.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the colors of your tank top! It's always great to see the different ways you can style something, too. A good reminder to myself to rework various pieces in my own closet! Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    Kathryn • simplykk.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn! I'm glad I can give you some inspiration for your own wardrobe :)

      Delete
  21. What a pretty top! That first outfit--I LOVE it. The colors, the flowiness of both pieces... it all just works together so well. I hope you had a fun time with your mom and sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shea! I always have fun spending time with them :)

      Delete
  22. Hi Mica!
    It's always very interesting to see how you put together the same piece in a couple (or more) different outfits. I think it's the perfect way to get the most of it, and also experiment with new styles too! I like how the top looks with the flowy skirt, despite that rule of not putting together two pieces of that style. Rules were made to break them!! :D

    Thanks for the comment in my blog,
    Have a nice weekend!

    Amanda
    www.somethingfashion.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I'm glad you enjoy posts like this :)

      Delete
  23. Really pretty outfits, first one is my favourite. I also really like the red bag, sooo nice:)
    https://mihabalan.com/2018/02/04/5-ways-living-in-scandinavia-changed-my-personal-style/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both ways are really lovely, although the first styling option steals the show just a little in my opinion - such a lovely colour combination with the pale blue! Your styling is really making me want spring/summer to hurry up now haha :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh you look so pretty in that light blue maxi skirt! Love the shorts outfit too. I can't wait till it's summer here in the states! It's been such a cold winter this year.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Driving around to find a spot for pics is sooo time consuming, I don't know how some people do it! I love that maxi skirt, I think it looks perfect with the shirt, even if they are two voluminous pieces. As long as it looks good and you like it, who cares about rules! ;)

    Sam / My Beauty Cloud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I admire those with the organisation / time management / extra time to find new spots for photos every day! :)

      Delete
  27. Love that red bag!

    Adaora
    www.adaorasoludo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a cute tank top, love the pretty design!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your top is so pretty, I love the print
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. That tank top is really cute! I love how it looks half tucked. I feel like you can't do that with thicker material tops, they just don't look right, but this one is perfect! I wish I had the time to drive to other places for outfit photos, but that just isn't realistic. We always do ours in our yard. Luckily we have a pretty big one. Otherwise I don't know what we would do! Hope you are having a good weekend! I am trying to enjoy these last few days before my maternity leave ends and I go back to work Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your yard is such a great spot for photos! Hope your first week back at work went well, it's so emotional returning to work after maternity leave!

      Delete
  31. I always love the bags you choose with your looks. So thought out and cute! I love the Balenciaga bag especially. Hope you are having a great weekend. Its freezing over here but I'm all curled up with X-Files and a Yankee Candle.

    x,
    Chanel | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked the Balenciaga, I wasn't too sure about it with the outfit.

      Delete
  32. It's great when an item of clothing looks fabulous like this tank but it's even better when it keeps you comfortable (and cool)! Though I must say I'm jealous of your hot weather!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  33. Loving both of these! :) I actually think that the second outfit looks really nice too, and with the black bag it does work! It was also lovely to see a video from you, you seem like such a sweet person and I enjoyed hearing more about your wardrobe update! Thanks for sharing xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! I'm trying to do more videos this year :)

      Delete
  34. the top is a great buy and it goes really well with the pairings that you made :) it looks really comfy too! Happy Valentine's day in advance <3

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello Mica how are you and the family doing? The other day I was just chatting to one of my friends about which designer brands we should start with if we want to invest in a designer bag and I told her about Rebecca Minkoff... I have started loving this brand because of you. You showcase the bags so well that even I want one. I love your outfits in this post

    http://www.sindisosdiary.com/2018/02/tips-and-lessons-learnt-from-my-first.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I'm glad I could introduce you to the brand. I recommend it! Always some on sale somewhere, haha! :)

      Delete
  36. Dear Mica!
    The christmas present you got is wonderful and I really like this top! The combination with the blue maxi skirt is simply perfect and I see directly how comfortable you felt with this look. Wonderful for a dinner on a hot day, definitely.
    I like also the second look but I know what you mean with the black bag and the background. Especially as I belong to those people who always try to find a matching background :) Nevertheless really another good combo you show here!
    With love from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always do so well finding nice backgrounds for your outfit photos!

      Delete
  37. Mica,
    I love this leaf printed tank top. It’s such a soft and lovely pattern. Looks like a pastel until you put it next to your red Saddlebag. A great piece. I love how you styled it.
    Stay cool! So cold here.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm terrible about finding nice backgrounds for my outfit pics. Who has the time to drive around? I do really like the tank and shorts look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had the time to drive around, but I sadly don't, ha!

      Delete
  39. Love your top! It looks so cute on you and I love how you styled it!

    <3 Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  40. That tank is so cute! I love the pattern and the colors. I so wish I could pull out my tanks and shorts...I'm jealous of your hot weather!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the leaf print so much and reminds me of summer.
    You always look so fresh.

    Much Love, Jane | The Bandwagon Chic
    New Vlog Entry!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your tank is cute and I love how you styled it. I wish I could find a maxi denim skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I think you styled it perfectly! I love how different both looks are! Happy Valentines Day for yesterday, Mica!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  44. Very different ways of wearing this leaf print top and both served the purpose perfectly ! That assures you that you made a good purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Mica, that top pairs so nicely with both the skirt and shorts. I love both outfits on you. Sometimes adding a new piece generates great new outfits.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's definitely the case here, so many outfit ideas from this top! :)

      Delete
  46. Thank you all for your lovely comments and compliments on the top, it was such a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...