Monday 20 November 2017

Wrap Tops and Blue Textured Pencil Skirts for the Office

I've shared before about how easy it is to wear breastfeeding clothes after you've stopped breastfeeding. I bought a few wrap tops to help with breastfeeding, but they are still getting worn now. They are a really stylish option for work.

Ended up going a little monochrome, wearing my blue wrap tops with textured navy pencil skirts for the office. And of course my latest bag purchase, the purple Balenciaga work bag.

What I wore:

blue marle jersey wrap top lace pencil skirt monochrome office outfit silver accessories purple bag | awayfromblue

blue lace pencil skirt, Balenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag | away from the blue
Necklace: Lovisa silver love knitted heart pendant necklace
TopDorothy Perkins 3/4 sleeve wrap top
SkirtAsos blue textured lace pencil skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs waxed leather cream howlite beaded wrap bracelet and Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

With warmer spring weather, I know there are going to be less opportunities to wear this longer sleeved wrap top. As I said last time I wore it too! It was good to take the chance to wear it again. I really liked how it looked with the blue lace pencil skirt, it made for a nice monochrome outfit.

An easy outfit was just what was needed after spending the past few days with a sick baby and a lot of waking up in the night. Throwing on my favourite colour (blue) to boost my mood, makeup to hide the bags under my eyes and I felt pulled together enough for a day in the office.

Debated for a few minutes in the morning trying to pick out a necklace to wear with this top. I settled on this silver heart pendant that hadn't been worn in a while, but I think a longer necklace might have worked better.


Last worn: blue marle wrap top, ASOS lace pencil skirt, silver ballet flats, Balenciaga purple work bag.

Other ways to wearblue marle wrap top in winter, lace pencil skirt worn casually, silver ballet flats and wrap dress, Balenciaga purple work bag and printed dress.

Perfect for pregnancy: lace pencil skirt in third trimester, ballet flats in third trimester,


Wrap Tops Under $50:







What I wore:

cream blazer with monochrome navy office pencil skirt wrap top spring outfit | away from blue

Balenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver hardware work bag for the office | away from the bleu
NecklaceStarfish Project Hannah turquoise bead necklace
TopAtmos & Here Arlene wrap top in navy
SkirtWarehouse navy jacquard pencil skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
Bracelets: the usual plus
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

Another day at work, another sick boy! Toddler T had fallen ill the day before, so once again it was monochrome blue to try lift my mood and give me a bit of a boost to power through the work day. This time around I went with a longer turquoise beaded necklace with the wrap top, and I really liked this combination.

As the top is short sleeved, I added the cream jersey blazer to keep me warm in the office air-con, but I really didn't need to keep it on outside as it was such a warm spring day.

You can tell it's spring as the sun is rising earlier and my usual photo spot isn't in shade as much as usual! It's really tricky early in the mornings now trying to get a photo that's not in bright sunlight. Going to have to start changing up my photo spot.


Last worn: cream jersey blazer, navy wrap top, jacquard pencil skirt, black ballet flats, purple Balenciaga work bag (above).

Other ways to wearcream jersey blazer and jeans, navy wrap top and maxi skirt, jacquard pencil skirt and heels, black ballet flats and maxi dress, purple Balenciaga work bag and black outfit.

Perfect for pregnancycream jersey blazer and hidden baby bump, wrap top in third trimester, ballet flats in third trimester.



More Wrap Tops Under $50:








How You Can Wear It:


Wrap tops aren't just perfect for breastfeeding - they work great in a professional setting too and are good office options. You can't go wrong pairing them with a pencil skirt and a blazer.

Linking up with Hello Monday, On Mondays We Link Up, On Trend, Confident Twosday, Trend Spin, Style Sessions, Oh Hey Girl.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

52 comments:

  1. I would love to see your closet one day Mica, you always have the best pieces!!! I love pencil skirts too and they are perfect for the office. The first one has such a beautiful lace pattern!!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wrap tops are among my favorites, they are so flattering and look much more elegant than a regular shirt.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new week Mica! I love the pencil skirts! ..very figure flattering and cute! As always you accessorized beautifully

    I pray your sweet baby feel better soon:( Have a blessed new week!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty wrap top! I hope your little one feels better soon! I've got a sick little one over here too!

    By Lauren M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this blue lace pencil skirt! What a gorgeous piece. And obviously your handbag is a stunning statement piece!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wrapped top looks so good on you! I will never be able to pull off the wrapped one because I love wearing oversized top hehe

    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love how rich purple that bag is! It looks great with the blue-themed outfits!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so hard when babies are sick and not sleeping but the rest of the world just keeps going on. That has been happening in our house lately too. Love the wrap top. Always so flattering (especially in blue)!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the wrap top! Monochrome is SO chic! I always see Gigi Hadid and other celebrities rocking the monochrome look and I always want to try it!

    I hope you had a great weekend!
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that both looks are monochromatic, the pencil skirt is such a favorable clothing piece to match with in the same color. Have a lovely week, hope your baby will feel better soon! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your boys are feeling better now! I love both of these looks. They have really similar elements but look totally different. Both tops are great and really versatile, but I LOVE the skirts. I really need some printed knit pencil skirts. The ones I have are too dressy so I never wear them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a shame so many pretty things get unworn when you become a mum!

      Delete
  12. I hope your two boys feel better soon Mica. I'm nursing a cold myself. You've proven that wrap tops serve a dual purpose. They look great with those skirts.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This skirt is so cute, I love the pattern of it x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  14. First off, I really love your hair! I don't know what it is, but it looks different to me. I don't have many nursing tops because I've found it hard to find styles that I love and that suit my personal style. You've always managed to snag some really cute ones, I'm glad you're still able to get some use out of them now! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great start to your week!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think that it's just because it's so long now, haha! :)

      Breastfeeding tops were tricky for me to find, I was pleased to find a few and just rotate round them! :)

      Delete
  15. Those wrap tops are pretty, and it's great that they can work for breastfeeding and work :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore that skirt! It's such a lovely style!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a gorgeous look! Monochrome is a fun styling technique. Love the heart necklace! Really cute! Can't believe how it's summer in Australia!

    With Love & Style,
    ♥ Amber
    ALL THE AMBIENCE

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks amazing!

    Molly X

    http://mollyx.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the blue lace skirt! The wrap top is lovely and the blazer gives it such polish! Amazing how versatile that pretty skirt is!
    Thanks for your sweet comments recently.
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. That purple bag is so cute
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice and cute for work :)

    Federica
    www.federicadinardo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice blue outfit!

    https://dinamighty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the skirt so much!!
    very beautiful dear ♥
    xx
    Selina | Selinas Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes I must include wrap tops in my pregnancy wardrobe too, they are so great for breastfeeding! However I'm finding them very limited in the shops and even in my usual opshops?? Or they're not in my size. It would be good to get something that could be worn like what you've done here, in both casual and work wear outfits. Have to keep searching I guess!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find one! They were everywhere last year when I got these!

      Delete
  25. I've been actually thinking about getting some wrap tops since I am nursing now. I love seeing how versatile they are after you are done too. They look so nice with both skirts! Hope you are doing well and having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are perfect for breastfeeding and afterwards! :)

      Delete
  26. Lovely outfits and I hope your kids are feeling better.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am in love with wrap tops! (That bag though!) ♥

    Ellone | Looktheotherway.co | Minimal Lifestyle & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh wow! You really look fab in blue and purple, Mica! I love both outfits. And seriously...I wore my pregnancy clothes for a looooong time...even after the kiddos were grown up:)
    PS I want your bag collection...just saying....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! I love pregnancy pieces you can get more wear out of post-baby to get your money's worth! :)

      Delete
  29. I love all of these wrap tops! The tops you are wearing are fabulous, as are your picks!

    xx, ELise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. These tops are so cute, and they are such a good idea for pregnant woman.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loving that blur wrap top, and I love the nude vlazer - so sophisticated!

    annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just want to say that you are so refreshing Mica!! You always dress so stylish even though you are a mom and I'm sure there are days they wear you out!!
    And thanks so much for joining us On Monday's We Link Up!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie! I'm one of those people who feels better when I get dressed for the day so I think that has a lot to do with it!

      Delete
  33. Your outfit is really cute! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love how the wrap tops drape. They look so easy to wear. And I love the prints of the two skirts.
    Hope Toddle T is better now.

    https://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love that top, it looks really comfy as well. Great styling.
    xoxo Falasha
    Bite My Fashion


    Instagram| Bloglovin'| Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  36. loving that skirt with the lace detail. It looks really pretty on you
    x,abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  37. My sis has a few nursing tops that she bought similar to these. I think your outfits look great. I love the blazer look. I like the light coming from the background, a lovely spring day for you. Enjoy the rest of your week. /Madison
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like both looks and that you maximise the use of your clothing ! Go Mica, get that CPW down :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. So sorry he's sick! I hope he gets better soon! You look beautiful as always, love the blue top and the Balenciaga!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  40. Mica, I like the blue design pencil skirt, it's really a versatile piece... it looks great on you xox

    I do hope your little one gets well quick, it's unbelievable how they pick up everything going... I remember when Valentina was in daycare, she had all the sicknesses other kids brought in, now as a teenager, she rarely gets sick, thank goodness xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that happens with the boys, that they are sick a lot when they are young but not so much when they are older!

      Delete
  41. Thanks all for your lovely comments and get well soon wishes for the little ones!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...