Monday 11 June 2018

Office Style: Textured Pencil Skirts, Black Tanks and Magenta Balenciaga Day Bag

Wearing my magenta Balenciaga day bag again in my favourite colour combo with navy pencil skirts for work. I just love pink and blue together. I kept things simple with these outfits, basic black tanks and pretty textured pencil skirts with that fun bag for a pop of colour.

It is winter in Brisbane now though so I did add some cosier elements - a wool cardigan and black ankle boots.

What I wore:

jersey blazer, black tank and lace pencil skirt business casual office outfit | away from blue

blue lace pencil skirt and magenta balenciaga 05 day bag | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram blue lace pencil skirt black tank blazer business casual office outfit
JacketZara cream jersey blazer
NecklaceZuriCollections blue polymer clay necklace
TankJeanswest Brianna basque hem tank
SkirtAsos blue textured lace pencil skirt
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagBalenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta

Why I wore it:

This is such a simple outfit combination, with the textured skirt, neutral basic tank and blazer. I felt that the magenta Balenciaga day bag added just the right amount of contrasting colour and interest to this outfit.

The blazer and skirt go so nicely together, with the cream base of the skirt, but I wasn't 100% sure on the ankle boots with this. Being so cold in the morning I wasn't up for trying ballet flats though, so ankle boots it was. I think the black tank balanced it all out nicely, and while this is a simple outfit I really liked how it all worked together.

Another thing I liked about this outfit was that it got me closer to my 30 wears goals. Both the jersey blazer and lace skirt are just a few wears away from 30 wears each. This is part of the reason why they've been worn so frequently lately too.


Last worn: cream jersey blazer, black basque tank, lace pencil skirt, black ankle boots, magenta Balenciaga day bag.

Other ways to wearcream jersey blazer and sheath dress, black basque tank and shorts, lace pencil skirt and wrap top, black ankle boots and little black dress, magenta Balenciaga day bag for travel.

Perfect for pregnancycream jersey blazer in second trimester, lace pencil skirt in third trimester, black ankle boots in second trimester, magenta Balenciaga day bag in third trimester.


Review and What's In My Bag: Magenta Balenciaga Day








What I wore:

black tank, jacquard pencil skirt, wool maxi cardigan and pink Balenciaga bag

magenta 2005 agneau leather balenciaga classic RH day hobo bag | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue instagram grey maxi cardigan blue lace pencil skirt pink Balenciaga day bag
JacketJeanswest Alice longline Australian wool cardigan
Necklace: Lovisa wooden statement bead necklace
TankJeanswest round neck lace detail top
SkirtWarehouse navy jacquard pencil skirt
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagBalenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta

Why I wore it:

This is one of the outfits that I don't feel photographed well. I had been planning to wear another one of my jersey blazer with this, but had been eying up my recently unboxed winter cardigans before I went to bed the night before. I woke up in the morning and it was cold and I decided to swap the blazer for this cosy wool maxi cardigan. I did add a blazer in my bag to wear in the office though as I was leading an important meeting that afternoon.

With the wool cardigan and black ankle boots, I felt so cosy for my early morning commute, and I loved how comfortable this outfit was. When I looked back at the photos I don't think they managed to capture it well - but I did have such high thoughts of this outfit, ha! It was one of the best ones I've worn in a while I felt, even if it falls flat on the photos. I think a different necklace might have looked better in the photos.


Last worn: wool cardigan, lace detail tank, jacquard pencil skirt, black ankle boots (above), Balenciaga magenta day bag (above).

Other ways to wearwool cardigan and printed jeans, lace detail tank and shorts, jacquard pencil skirt in summer, black ankle boots and shorts, Balenciaga magenta day bag in winter.

Perfect for pregnancylace detail tank in the second trimester, jacquard pencil skirt in first trimester, black ankle boots and pregnancy announcement, Balenciaga magenta day bag and maternity shorts.



Textured Pencil Skirts Under $50:





How You Can Wear It

Pretty textured pencil skirts add a lot of interest to your outfit. They don't have to be tricky to wear though, you can easily pair them with neutral basics like these black tanks. Keeping the rest of your outfit neutral allows you to add in another colour to your outfit like this bright pink bag. And of course, many offices require you cover up a sleeveless tank. A blazer is perfect for that!


Linking up with Confident Twosday, Turning Heads.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

63 comments:

  1. The skirt is very pretty hun.

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little jealous that you are able to dress this way when it's winter! LOL!

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes early winter isn't too cold here in Brisbane!

      Delete
  3. I love the magenta and navy together too. Don't you just hate it when you love an outfit and feel like the photos don't capture it quite right. I think it looks great though!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! :) It is slightly frustrating.

      Delete
  4. I love that your bag is the focal point of these outfits---even though it's winter for you guys...the color is so perfect!!
    And you could be right about the necklace in the second outfit. But it still looks very nice!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually think it did capture well, I love the look! I love the edgy vibe the ankle boots help to create with the skirt and the cardi is such a great staple piece. The pop of pink is also really pretty. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jalisa! I'm glad it didn't look as bad as I thought!

      Delete
  6. I love these two looks! You look so cute.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that magenta color! I can't say I have anything that color, but now I want to go buy something haha!
    -Kate // http://www.classyandkate.com/how-i-keep-my-skin-healthy-in-the-summer/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seriously love that skirt and the first outfit is my favorite! I like the idea of the second outfit but maybe if the top were tucked it it would have photographed better? Either way, I do like the drapey top with that gorgeous brocade skirt!

    xo, Deborah
    < Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think tucking it in would be a good thing to try! :) Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  9. I love the color of that bag--it's so bright and fun. It's seasonless too, it would look just as great during the summer like it is here as it does in winter there. I love the first outfit best--something about that mix of the lace print skirt, the pink bag, and those ankle boots works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it really works so well in every season!

      Delete
  10. thank you for sharing, I love your bag color

    vnssachn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always loved that textured skirt in the first photo. I bet it would look amazing as a body con dress!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a great fabric for a dress!

      Delete
  12. Yeah photography can be unexpected and not as easy as it looks. I could be b/c the sweater is gray and the background where you shot is also very gray so the sweater gets lost and kind of blends in. But I think the photos turned out pretty good and LOVE the look it is perfect for the office on a cool day.

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point Allie, thank you!

      Delete
  13. Great outfit :) I like the skirt pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always find ankle boots with pencil skirts to be a challenge - but sometimes it's just best to not have to freeze!
    https://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look chic in that outfit.
    Love the skirt and bag.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know that from makeup, it sometimes looks perfect in real life, but photographs ... boring? In the end, real life is what counts.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! How you feel in an outfit is always the most important thing!

      Delete
  17. This is such a chic office look! I adore that pencil skirt and the bag is the perfect pop of color.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mica, I adore both looks. I love the idea of a pencil skirt paired with booties and how it elongates the body. The cardi is super chic as well! I pray you have a wonderful new week.

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  19. The colour of this bag is fantastic! It elevates the look to another level. The pencil skirt is lovely and love all the details!
    xo Yvonne
    https://www.aproposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your necklace and ,megenta bag! I used to have a bag in that colour it's such fun. I do love a good pencil skirt too : ) xo

    www.juanitalikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like both outfits and I think they look great with ankle boots. If you want to elongate the look, you can always try tucking in the blouse or wearing a shorter top so you give the outfit a higher waist look. Both of these pencils skirts are very pretty. The blouse in the second outfit is very pretty and I do like that necklace. I know what you mean btw. Some outfits do photograph better than others and in the end what matters is how we have felt wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana, I think tucking the top in is a great idea to try next time!

      Delete
  22. I love this handbag - it's gorgeous, what a beautiful colour!

    Layla x

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Mica
    Although you don't like the photos of the second look, I think they are perfect. it's a comfortable look !! I liked the pop of color that the bag gave the two looks. and I also like different textures, make the looks a lot more interesting.


    I wish you a wonderful week.
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really admire how you're able to wear such brightly coloured accessories all the time. For me, I usually where either colour in my outfit or just a small pop in my shoes. However only recently I've been incorporating more for summer and because you've inspired me to do so. I've quickly realized how fun and how much element it adds to an outfit!

    www.beingisabella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I could inspire you! I really love my colourful bags, I find them easier to wear than bright shoes to be honest!

      Delete
  25. Your pencil skirt is a beauty! Love how it contrast against your magenta bag and ipairs perfectly with your ankle boots.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. The second outfit turn out great. Then print on both skirt are fabulous. I so need to get back in to dressing up more. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being back at work has given me a great reason to get dressed up! :)

      Delete
  27. That first one is one of my favourite skirts of yours, Mica - it always looks great, such a fun pattern. The first outfit is my favourite overall - the colours are just right. The maxi cardi in the second outfit reads a little too casual for this look, maybe? I love the little booties - it's frustrating when an outfit you feel good in doesn't photograph the way it felt, isn't it?

    I do notice that your photographer (?) or tripod is shooting you at a "down" angle - could you have your photographer shoot from a lower point/adjust your tripod lower so that you get a slightly "up" angle? If you shoot from a desk level, your legs will look longer, and you'll look a bit more balanced in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the tip Sheila! I need to try different things with my tripod I think! :) I take all my photos with a camera and remote.
      A very good point about the cardi too - the styles just don't seem to go!

      Delete
  28. That bag is such a gorgeous color! Definitely adds a pop of pizzazz! So cute!

    <3 Shannon 
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great combo and I do love the pop of color from the bag. The blazer works perfectly with the skirt. I also like the dressed look with a cardi. 30 wears? They still look new to me. School's out and I'm home until August. Not sure what to do with all the time I have in my hands but we'll see. Have a great week ahead.

    https://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Idu! I'm finding a lot of pieces in my wardrobe work well to get to 30 wears and often surprise me! :) Enjoy your summer break!

      Delete
  30. Fantastic post, dear! You look cute :)
    Hugs ♥
    LIANA LAURIE

    ReplyDelete
  31. Girrllll I love the outfit, and the colour of the bag is stunning <3

    Serene Xo

    http://www.surrealserene.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a cute skirt! Loving the bag
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is such a lovely pencil skirt on you - the jersey material makes it so versatile (and no doubt comfortable too!). The magenta colour pop adds so much to the look as well :) hope you're having a fabulous week so far babe!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabrielle! It is so comfortable!

      Delete
  34. Love this look! I am obsessed with your handbag collection. That pink bag!

    Chanel | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the prints on your skirt. It really goes well with the full outfit. And the pop of color given by your Balenciaga is a really good touch!

    And I love your "30 wears" ideology. I feel like I have clothes I've worn even more than that. xD


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's been such an interesting challenge, to actually go through and see what pieces I've over achieved that with and what pieces are nowhere near!

      Delete
  36. Both of these skirts are so cute and I love seeing how differently you wear them. The bright bag is such a nice pop of color! I hope you are having a great week! School is finally out and now we are getting ready for vacation in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are enjoying your vacation! :)

      Delete
  37. Wow, that lace skirt is really fantastic. I actually like the shots. I am such a fan of wearing colours, whether it be with accessories or the garments themselves. Hope the rest of your week is amazing. Had a lovely respite from the blogosphere. Yep, I am finally back and will try to blog more!
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like the longer grey cardigan, even if it did not photograph well. It's a great layering piece. I've been away in places with in winter.... 4 degrees is not fun, specially when you're a tropical bird like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I couldn't handle that either, so cold! It is a nice winter piece this cardigan though :)

      Delete
  39. Thanks all for your lovely comments - and suggestions on the second outfit I was unsure about the photos of!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...