Monday 4 December 2017

Hermes Twilly Scarf Worn 2 Ways With Fit and Flare Dresses For Work

One of the benefits of being a working mum is having the day in the office to wear pieces that wouldn't be a wise idea to wear at home with two toddlers. This Hermes silk twilly scarf is dry-clean only so not a good option for a stay at home mum day. Perfect for the office though, where the chances of a grown up smushing their banana into your outfit is a lot lower!

What I wore:

hermes twilly scarf as hairbow headband statement necklace black fit and flare dress | away from blue

Balenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag | away from the blue

awayformblue instagram melbourne cup day outfit hermes twilly scarf as headband
ScarfHermes twilly worn as a headband (Confettis D'ex-Libris from 2009)
NecklaceJeanswest Taki necklace (C/O)
DressJeanswest tucked ponte black dress
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

I wore this for Melbourne Cup day in the office. It's the 'race that stops Australia' and it means that at some point in the afternoon everyone stops work to watch the horse race. Victorians even have the day off for it! Up in Queensland, we settled for a free lunch, some office sweeps and a little distraction in the middle of the work day.

In the past there have been best dressed or best hat competitions in the office, but the celebrations this year were a lot more subdued. Lunch was drastically under catered (luckily I brought my own as a back up) and no prizes or awards. I did get into the spirit and wear my Hermes Twilly scarf as a headband though, a subtle nod to Race Day fashion! Every time I wear scarves in my hair like this I get so many compliments - I felt pretty good about this outfit all day.

I was a little late to work that morning because of the twilly though! The day before I'd thought of the twilly and gave it a try, tying it in a perfect bow on my head first go. So of course in the morning rushing to work I assumed it would be just as easy. It wasn't, and I got to work 15 minutes later than normal! Luckily I start 30 minutes early every day.


Last worn: Hermes twilly, black fit and flare dress, silver ballet flats, purple Balenciaga work bag.

Other ways to wearHermes twilly and jeans, black fit and flare dress in winter, silver ballet flats and skinny jeans, purple Balenciaga work bag and blue dress.

Perfect for pregnancy: Hermes twilly in second trimesterblack dress in second trimester, silver flats and maternity jeans.


Hermes Twilly Silk Scarves:







What I wore:

Jeanswest grey jersey blazer Rita stripe fit and flare dress Balenciaga raisin purple work bag twilly as bracelet | awayfromblue

Hermes twilly worn as a bracelet Confettis D'ex-Libris 2009 and Balenciaga work bag | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram fit and flare dress stripe grey jersey blazer purple bag pink twilly
NecklaceEye Candy LA 'Sasha' statement necklace
DressJeanswest 'Rita' stripe jersey dress
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
Bracelets: the usual plus Hermes twilly worn as a bracelet (Confettis D'ex-Libris from 2009)
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

Another day in the office, another fit and flare dress. Had to get this one out again after loving wearing the black one above. Rather than wearing my twilly scarf in my hair again I wrapped it (a little sloppily) around my wrist. I like wearing my twillies like this, but I so rarely do as it's definitely not a good idea when you're around toddlers - would get much too dirty there. Still was nice to wear it like that for a day in the office.

I liked the statement necklace and fit and flare dress outfit combo above, so added this pretty neon statement necklace with the striped dress. I've worn these two pieces together before, it's a combination I really like.


Last worn: grey jersey blazer, striped fit and flare dress, Hermes twilly (above), Walnut Melbourne ballet flats, Balenciaga purple work bag (above).

Other ways to weargrey jersey blazer and floral dress, striped fit and flare dress and denim jacket, Hermes twilly and pink dress, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats and skinny jeans, Balenciaga purple work bag and pencil skirt.

Perfect for pregnancy: Hermes twilly and second trimester bump, striped dress in second trimester, ballet flats and second trimester bump.



Fit and Flare Dresses Under $50:








How You Can Wear It:

Fit and flare dresses are such an easy option for work, and really don't need much accessorising. It's easy to throw on a statement necklace and go. If you want to add a little extra colour, you can try a brightly coloured bag like this purple Balenciaga work, or wrap a twilly scarf around your head or wrist for a fun pop against a neutral outfit.


Linking up with On Trend, Turning Heads, Trend Spin, Confident Twosday, Fashion Frenzy.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

71 comments:

  1. Love how that twilly can be worn in so many different ways! Also the color looks gorgeous.

    Sheena | http://sheenalovessunsets.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is me in summer!! I love scarves and I wear them all the time, there are like a million ways to use them!! Love both looks Mica and I love how creative you are with your outfits!! Happy Monday :)

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yiota! I really need to be more creative with wearing my scarves! :)

      Delete
  3. Love the way you used the scarf!
    I have no idea how to tie a scarf like this, well done! Xx

    Kez | acaciasdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the accessories in this look, the bag is amazing!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: HELLO DECEMBER
    DON'T MISS: HOUNDSTOOTH COAT


    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never mastered scarf wearing, but I'd never thought of head or wrist bands so maybe this is my way in! I love both those dresses. I might have to wander into a Jeanswest...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanswest have longer lengths too, perfect for you! :)

      Delete
  6. Like the creativity with the scarf. You look great.

    Bernie, xx
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both outfits, Mica! Your scarf looks so pretty as a headband and as a bracelet. It's such a fun way to add extra colour to an outfit. I love your statement necklace from your second outfit and I love that it's called 'Sasha'! Haha :) Hope you had a lovely weekend, Mica. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always smile when I see things I share a name with too! :)

      Delete
  8. I love how you got so creative with this scarf!!
    That's so fun!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These dresses are so cute!! I love it.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new week Mica! Great portraits! The scarf adds a super stylish touch to both looks beautifully!!
    The weather looks awesome there! It was very hot this weekend and this week week is starting off chilly:) Either way I am grateful for another beautiful day! Have a blessed week!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds a bit like me - I don't have any children yet but I have a dog and 2 cats and so don't like to wear anything expensive in the house! The dresses you're wearing look like such great staples for every day x

    Jenny | LuxeStyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, definitely need to consider pets too!

      Delete
  12. Loved your dress for the "race watching" at the office! Sad that the lunch was subdued this time, but it's a sign of the world now - but anyway, why not, we tend to eat more than we need :) And joy is what counts! I loved your dress and headpiece ad the bag is amazing! Loved the striped outfit as well! You look very beautiful! Hope you have a lovely week!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute outfit!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know anything about Cup day. Sounds fun and your scarf looks cute tied on your head. I like both dresses! Perfect for work.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think it's just an Aussie event! Lots of fun to get involved with usually in the office! :)

      Delete
  15. I absolutely love the twilly as a headband. It looks so lovely on you.

    Have a great week ahead.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's such a cute idea to wear the scarf as a hair band and a bracelet! You are so creative.
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have winter scarves but never thin ones like this because I have no idea how to wear it. Love how it looks as a head band though.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wearing this as a headband, I need to try tie bows with it more often! :)

      Delete
  18. This is so true, I know what you mean! The office is the perfect place for wearing outfits which are impossible with two toddlers!
    Love your wonderful 1st look including the fantastic hairband - it definitely was worth that it took you more time than expected.
    And also the 2nd outfit is really good and suits you absolutely well.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena! I wasn't as happy with the bow as I was the first time I tried so I appreciate your kind words :)

      Delete
  19. I wore a scarf around my neck a couple times, but I like the headband idea too! Racing day sounds like such a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Hermes scarf is a really lovely introduction to both of these outfits, such a sweet accessory - and a beautifully colourful one as well! It stands out especially well against the little black dress! :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. An Hermes silk scarf is such a classic wardrobe accessory and the styling possibilities can be quite versatile as you're showing here. I've seen them worn as headbands before but I love how you're wearing yours's as a bracelet. It looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the great size to wear as a bracelet! :)

      Delete
  22. That scarf is so pretty! I love it as a headband! And yes, definitely don't want to be wearing that around kiddos with sticky fingers, hehe
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yep, dry clean only fabric is never good near kids!

      Delete
  23. You look great in both outfits: I really need to learn how to tie these scarves. That bag is so beautiful!
    xo Yvonne
    www.aproposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the two different ways you styled this scarf -- super cute looks on you!!

    xo,

    H

    http://firsttimethings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving both those outfits! You look great :) Would love for you to stop by! xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your comment about grown-ups not smushing their banana onto your outfit made me laugh. I definitely feel the same way about getting dressed for the office--it's nice to have a place to wear the stuff I know I'd ruin at home! I love the scarf in your hair, but I'm sorry it made you late!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! It's nice to get dressed up and enjoy the not so kid friendly wardrobe pieces! :)

      Delete
  27. I can't choose which look I love more since you look stunning in both! I love how chic the black dress is along with the head scarf, but the blazer int he other outfit is a perfect fit <3

    Stacey, thebambieyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. The scarf in your hair really suits you, I can imagine you get a lot of compliments on that.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much! I think it's the colour, looks good with my eyes!

      Delete
  29. Hi. dear!
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Anyway, just saying hello all the way from the Ukraine! I hope you can drop by my blog too and follow if you like. Have a wonderful day! :)
    http://alyonapsel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love that you wore this as a headband! You look adorable in both outfits. That black and white striped dress is seriously fabulous!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the scarf as headband - it looks so pretty on you, Mica. And wearing it on your wrist is such a good idea. By the way, if your scarf is silk, you can hand wash it in cold water with a small squirt of shampoo, rinse with cold, then block it flat on a towel dry naturally. Iron it, and it will be perfect, good as new. Unless you sweat on it or get it really dirty, though, you shouldn't need to wash it, just air it out after wearing (unfold it, lay it somewhere out of direct light).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sheila! I'll need to give that a try as I have a few silk pieces I'm too scared to wash!

      Delete
  32. I never get creative with tying my scarves, but I must try it as a bracelet!
    And I totally get being late trying to get it tied perfectly. Drives you nuts!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, I was getting so frustrated with myself!

      Delete
  33. Oh those scarves are definitely NOT kid friendly! But they are sooooo beautiful - what a great investment. I love how you've wrapped it around your wrist - most definitely an office-only accessory!! I think it would look fab around the neck too - of course too hot right now - the colours look great against your skin!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been able to pull off the neckscarf look anyway! :)

      Delete
  34. Love your first outfit and the necklace in the second!! I don't know about you, but I can bet I'd manage to drop smashed banana on myself :P

    The Hidden Thimble

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that is true! Even when I'm kid-free my outfit has to stand up to my clumsiness!

      Delete
  35. Beautiful looks! I love both ways you have accessorized your scarf!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. you look great in both styles! And such a great idea to match the scarf with your ootd!

    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I LOVE the scarf used as a head band- it looks so cute on you!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  38. You look so pretty in these outfits, loved the black dress on you. WHat a great idea is to use the scarf as a headband, looks amazing on you Mica. Wish you a wonderful week ahead.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  39. I had to laugh at your banana comment, but isn't that the truth?! That scarf is so pretty and I love both ways you wore it. I have scarves I wear as a headband occasionally, but I haven't tried them as a bracelet and I need to! It's adorable! And why is it that whenever we are in a rush everything seems to take longer even tying a bow? I know the feeling! But I love how it looks as a headband on you so I am glad you didn't give up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's true, things never work out when we are stressing and rushing!

      Delete
  40. Very pretty Mica ! Both wearings of the twilly rock.

    ReplyDelete
  41. You look so cute with your headband! It must be nice to not have banana smushed into your outfit, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it really is! Such a perk to being back at work!

      Delete
  42. I love a fit and flare dress and that black one is especially lovely. You sure know how to rock that twilly in your hair - great look for Melbourne Cup! Hope you got lucky in the sweepstake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly not! Once again I drew the favourite and got nowhere near!

      Delete
  43. You look so pretty with the longer hair, Mica! Almost didn't recognize you with the headband!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. You look super pretty with your hair like this & love how you styled that scarf as a hairband! Both are great looks! Hope you are having a great week so far:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love little black dresses! The purse is cute too!

    simplylovebirds.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love how you styled your twilly, it adds such a lovely pop of color to your outfit, and I can see it being the perfect accessory for an otherwise monochromatic outfit. Usually I only see twilly on bag handles (that's what I use mine for 🙈), but I'll have to try it as a bracelet one day!

    Jenny | Geeky Posh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will need to try a twilly on my bag one day! :)

      Delete
  47. Mica, that Hermes scarf is the perfect accessory. Love it in your hair and around your wrist. So pretty! Also love that black dress.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  48. Mica I think this is really creative wearing it as a headband and as a bracelet! I love the Hermes scarves as their prints are so pretty! I have always wanted one to wrap around my Celine handle!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would look awesome on your Celine! :)

      Delete
  49. Thank you all for your kind comments and compliments on the scarves! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...