Wednesday 14 May 2014

Balenciaga Black Part Time Bag. Third Trimester Print Mixing and Lots of Grey

Here's what I wore to work from home on Tuesday:

Cardigan: JeansWest knit cardi in long sleeve zig zag
Necklacecustom Cooper charm by Silhoupette
TankGlassons striped tank in silver marle and white
SkirtTarget grey marle maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH


Been almost a year since I last wore this cardi! I have a little collection of cardigans although I rarely wear them. Sometimes I'd throw them in my bag to take to the office as a cover up to stay warm, but need to make more of an effort to use what I have in my wardrobe more often.

Thought that the pattern mixing was a nice touch with the striped top, and kept it simple with a matching grey skirt so everything was in the same colour family. Nice and comfortable for a doctor's visit and to work from home for the rest of the day.


Last worn: chevron knit cardigan, grey striped tankgrey maxi skirt, Havaianas, Balenciaga Part Time bag.



Here's what I wore to work today:


JacketJeanswest Dixie collarless jacket
NecklaceHouse of Harlow sunburst necklace in silver and grey
TopAsos new forever grey tee (on sale!)
SkirtAsos maternity graphic print pencil skirt - on sale! (non-maternity version here)
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs studded mouse flats in grey
Bracelets: the usual plus Balenciaga classic double tour bracelet in pearly grey
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH


More grey today. Paired a grey tee and blazer with this skirt again. It's a nice easy option for work, and I'm definitely needing comfortable and simple things to wear now I'm 37 weeks pregnant. It's crazy how fast time's flown by, and how quickly the baby bump has been reducing the size of my wearable wardrobe items! It's fun trying to dress the bump every day, even now in the third trimester. I won't be doing it for much longer :)


Last worn: Jeanswest jacket, Asos grey teegraphic print pencil skirt, studded mouse flats, Balenciaga Part Time bag (see above).

Linking up with Colour Brigade, WIWW, Wardrobe Wednesday, What I Wore, Real Mum Style, Spotlight Weekly Link-up, Tres-Chic Fashion, Three-Fer Thursday, Third Thursday Threads, Currently Loving today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

38 comments:

  1. I love the zig zag print with the stripes. Gray is my favorite neutral!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the House of Harlow necklace and the maxi skirt ! I'm expecting as well, and that skirt screams comfort to me! :) I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog Shine On for a $25 Maternity Gift Certificate on Pink Blush Maternity.I thought you might like that.:) All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cardigan on the first look! :)
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh zigzags on stripes. A bold choice some might say, but you pulled it off! I think you have one of the sweetest baby bumps I've ever seen if that is not a weird thing to say. Your necklace in your second round of pics is totally my style and flatters Miss/Mr. bump! You must be getting pretty tired - still at work? How strong of you. Keep going, little lady! Rosemary x

    rosemaryofelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Rosemary! :) I'm glad to have finished work now - it was definitely getting harder, haha!

      Delete
  5. Love the second outfit, Mica! Mixing varying prints of black and white and paired with a gray top is an interesting combination to see. :)

    http://dressingupforme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pattern of the cardi, you should wear it a lot more!

    Another lovely handbag! I honestly don't know how you have time and patience to use a different bag each day!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have way too many handbags so I try rotate around them so I feel I'm using them all :) Plus I have everything in little pouches inside my bag so it's really easy to swap out what I carry between bags :)

      Delete
  7. So adorable! I love your first outfit the best! :) Also, you're right--it looks like you're almost there! So exciting!! Can't wait to hear the gender and potential names! xx

    <(') Hoda || JooJoo Azad ~ Free Bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yep, not long to go now, 3 weeks! :)

      Delete
  8. Mica, I can totally relate.
    I have many cardis and somehow they have fallen out of rotation. I like this one you are wearing, specially the pattern mix with the striped top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I need to make more of a habit of wearing my cardis I think! :)

      Delete
  9. Loving the look! you look so adorable pregnant :) Congratulations again!
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. adorable pattern mixing! you pull everything together so well with the shades of gray, white and black.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grey is a great neutral in my opinion! My favourite combination is grey with pink! I think you have worn this com I before and looked so cute in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes grey seems to pair so well with everything! My favourite neutral :)

      Delete
  12. Oh, I'm just loving the collarless jacket. It looks much more expensive than Jeanswest and is so cute with the bump!

    You might find your cardigans come in handy if breastfeeding is your thing. I lived in mine!

    Thanks for joining Wardrobe Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm going to make an effort to wear more of my cardis! :) And the jacket was a great purchase, fantastic for work! :)

      Delete
  13. You look lovely in gray and pastels. I love the chevron sweater and boucle jacket. How many weeks are left now? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 weeks to go now, the countdown is on! :)

      Delete
  14. Loving your chevron & stripe mix!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've got to say you look so pretty and happy, I love the way you dress as well) Cute snapshots turned out:)
    Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love print mixing in a monochrome, and these are both really great examples of doing it right!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice outfits, love both jackets
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look stunning,dear!

    theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're dropping! The baby is almost here! Yaaaay! Grey is a wonderful neutral. You wore both outfits well Mica.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both cardis are really cute! I'm loving your maternity style Mica! You look lovely :) When are you due?

    Keep in touch
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm due in June! :) So not long to go! :)

      Delete
  21. I love gray in general, think it is such a perfect neutral and Mica you are wearing it so well! These two outfits are perfect casual and chic looks and I am loving your pregnancy style. I was so similar during my pregnancies mixing and matching things to the last day. :)
    I've told you before and will say again LOVE your bags and this black Balenciaga takes the cake for the most versatile. Great post! XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I'm running out of options so trying new pairings of things I can still squeeze into is the way forward for these last few weeks, haha! :)

      Delete
  22. That bag is such a classic!
    Thank you for linking up

    Happy Medley

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love how you paired all your grays. I think that is the easiest way to pattern mix - keep similar colors.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm just so amazed by how chic you look despite being in your third trimester already!
    I absolutely love the second outfit, your jacket is perfect <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  25. These looks are great - I love mixing different shades of gray together too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your mix of patterns and shades of gray! Thanks for linking up!!
    xo, Steph of White Coat Wardrobe & Bethany of Perfectly Coutured

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...