Thursday 3 November 2022

30 Ways To Wear: Mustard Cardigan

Although it's been quite a warm spring so far here in Brisbane, I finally hit 30 wears with this yellow cardigan over winter and I've been looking forward to sharing a wrap up post of all the ways I've worn it. Even if I have packed my knits away already waiting for cooler autumn weather next year!


30 Ways To Wear: Mustard Yellow Cardigan


30 ways to wear a mustard yellow long cardigan awayfromblue 30wears challenge

Mustard is definitely my favourite shade of yellow! It's so versatile, and this cardigan is a nice cosy way to add more colour to a layered outfit on a cold day. I'm surprised it's taken me so long to hit 30 wears with it actually, I feel I wear it a lot!


Cost Per Wear

I have very good cost per wear with this cardigan. I've worn it 30 times and it was an opshop buy back in 2017. I paid just $2 for it. Such a good bargain find, although sadly that opshop has sold down as the charity sold off the building. It's down to just 6 cents a wear so far.

However, even better than the 6 cents cost per wear is the fact that this cardigan is from SES Fashion, an Australian fast fashion chain. Not only was it worn by whoever donated it to the opshop, but I've worn and loved it 30 times and I'm sure to wear it many more times! it's decreasing the environmental impact the more times I wear and enjoy it, instead of buying new. You can make your wardrobe more sustainable even if you have cheap fast fashion brands, simply by buying less and rewearing more often.

In saying that, it is just a cheap fast fashion knit. It's a lot baggier than it was when I first bought it preloved 5 years ago, and some of the stitching on the cuff and a shoulder is starting to come undone. It certainly doesn't look new, but it's still got plenty life left in it, even if I might have to patch up some of the stitching at some point in future. Here are the 30 ways I've worn it so far:


Mustard Yellow Cardigan With Blue

30 ways to wear a mustard cardigan with blue in your outfit | awayfromblue

Blue and yellow is a colour combination I love - and any shade of blue works well with this mustard knit! Such a bright cheerful yellow, and something in my favourite colour (blue!) is a sure way to make me love an outfit.


Yellow Cardigan Worn With Neutrals

adding colour to 4 different monochrome outfits with mustard yellow cardigan | awayfromtheblue

If you're not sure how to wear a bright block colour cardigan like this, try neutrals! Black, white and grey are a failsafe outfit base for a bright knit like this.

Mustard Cardigan And Orange Outfits

3 fun outift ideas with orange and yellow mustard cardigan awayfromblue

This is a particularly bold combination! While I don't like all the orange and yellow outfits I've created with this cardigan, I do love those second too, with the orange in the print of the tank and dress. Something I want to wear more of, the citrus brights are great together.

Yellow Cardigan Worn With Grey

4 grey and yellow outfit ideas with mustard cardigan  awayfromblue

Grey is easily my favourite neutral to wear with yellow. Mustard and grey are so good together, as you can see I've worn these grey skinny jeans with this cardigan a lot!

Wearing Green With Mustard Yellow Cardigan

5 green and yellow outfit ideas with mustard cardigan | awayfromblue

Green is something I've eased into wearing with this cardigan. I like the bright green jeans with it on a day I want to be especially bold, but for a less in-your-face outfit, you can try it with olive green, that works equally well.


Print Mixing With Block Colour Yellow Cardigan

4 print mixing outfits with a yellow cardigan | awayfromtheblue

Winter means scarves and knits, and with this being a solid block colour piece it lets me try a little print mixing with the rest of my outfits, from a striped tee or dress, even those chevron print jeans. I've worn the pink and yellow skull scarf with this cardigan a few times as I like the matchy-matchy of the yellow.


Dresses With Mustard Cardigan

3 outfit ideas for dresses with a mustard yellow cardigan | awayfromtheblue

It's not just jeans I wear my cardigans with! A long cardigan like this is a nice topper over a printed dress - and perfect with tights or leggings in winter to make your outfit warmer. Although I've only won it the once as you can see in that first outfit, a cardigan looks great belted over a dress.


Shorts and Cardigan Outfits

3 ways to wear a mustard yellow cardigan with shorts and tee | awayfromblue

When the weather is right it's good to bare some skin, and a cardigan over a shorts and tee outfit is ideal as you can easily take the cardigan off and stick it in your bag if the day warms up more than expected!


Where To Buy Similar Cardigans Under $50:





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

35 comments:

  1. Wow! I would of never of thought that a yellow cardigan could be worn this much. It look so amazing in every look. Thanks for the inspiration Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a cardigan just like this! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some ideas for something similar you have :)

      Delete
  3. Just love this yellow cardigan with anything blue, stripes and those green shorts! :)

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it ironic that so many people are now jumping on the "secondhand/rewear" bandwagon - after all, we've been doing this for literally decades! I love that you've gotten so many wears about this, and every outfit's a winner, Mica! This cardigan - being a fast-fashion piece - is a good example for potential for upgrade. If you can find a better quality, similar cardigan (better material, better construction), then you should try to upgrade to a "forever" piece. You already know you'll wear it 30+ times, so if the cost is a little higher, it's worth it.

    You really suit this shade of yellow! Hope your week has been good - happy almost weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true - I cannot wait to upgrade this, but being Brisbane, finding good quality knits in the opshops isn't always frequent, haha! We have so few days we can wear cardigans here. Have been keeping my eyes peeled though! Definitely have been doing more second hand shopping of late now I have more time, but it's always been something I've enjoyed, good to see more people figuring out the benefits! :)

      Delete
  5. That is a lovely shade of yellow. It's good when you can find a cardi that goes with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much inspiration! I love mustard yellow in this season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow I need a cardigan like this

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm actually not surprised you've reached 30 wears with your mustard cardigan. I've got a similar one which I wear a lot. It's surprising how versatile it is, isn't it? It looks gorgeous with the bright green, by the way. I don't think I've tried that combo yet! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you need to try it with the green! I agree, it is surprisingly versatile, I'm so glad I have this in my wardrobe :)

      Delete
  9. Anytime I see you wear your mustard cardigan, I wish I had kept mine. Such a fun addition to add an extra pop of color to outfits.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mustard is such a therapeutic color! Always love how you find so many outfit combos. x, S jemappellechanel.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect cardigan, have a nice weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this bright cardigan combined with grey. These looks are wonderful. Great use of this cardigan!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I normally default wearing mine with navy. I love all of these ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many cute ideas to wear the mustard cardigan.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it with the blue, grey, and green especially well. Amazing how versatile this piece is, and how great that you are putting a secondhand fast fashion item through its paces! A mustard cardigan makes me look like death, so I enjoy experiencing these outfits vicariously :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love these type of posts and even more now, since I do have a very minimal wardrobe capsule and it's amazing how you can wear one item in many different ways, but also how creative you can get everytime you style it! I love the combo with orange, neutrals and green, especially olive green! A perfect combo! I think with beige tones would work too! I have a top in that color and I wore it with a pair of beige jeans and camel sandals and bags and gold jewelry. It was one of my fave looks plus I do love neutrals as you can tell! haha! 🖤

    Hope you're doing well! Have a lovely day and happy weekend!
    XO, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's amazing how this goes with so much so you can create a lot of outfits from it! Mustard looks so good with neutrals, that sounds like a great outfit!

      Delete
  17. I just love that you make sure all of your clothes are worn regularly. You really make the most of your wardrobe and yet still find ways to make every outfit look fresh and new. You are so incredible! I love this cardigan. The colour is beautiful on you!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's fun to look back and see how many different ways I've worn things - I really do have a huge wardrobe!

      Delete
  18. Never thought to pair mustard yellow with oranges before.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got the idea from Sheila - it's such a cheerful combo!

      Delete
  19. I have a mustard cardigan like this and just love it with everything. It's so impressive what a deal you got on it, and now how much you've worn it.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pre-covid, when I was frequenting secondhand stores much more often, I found some of my absolute favorite (and incidentally fast fashion) tops and dresses there! My goodness, I wore so many of them to absolute death! So I am with you on the importance of a good op shop find, like your cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can find some great pieces second hand for sure, even if they are fast fashion you can often give them a new life!

      Delete
  21. It’s been a really versatile piece in your wardrobe. I think you’ve worn it with nearly every color. I know what you mean about “fast fashion.” Many of those pieces last very well.

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think the older pieces, with some care, can have a new life if you get them second hand :)

      Delete
  22. You really made the most of the cardigan, so many ideas to combine it! Love this! <3


    http://www.couture-case.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a pretty shade of yellow!
    It look fabulous in every look.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love when you put these posts together! Such an awesome resource to have with everything all together.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...