Monday 29 July 2024

Stripe Dresses With Matching Scarves and Bags

With the cold winter weather in Brisbane lately (it's dropped down to 9 or 7 degrees Celsius some mornings!) I've gotten wear from some more winter pieces with these trench coats that are great for cold morning commutes. Wore them with some striped dresses as I felt I was wearing a lot of jeans and needed something a bit different.

With these neutral outfits I added colourful bags and coordinating scarves to brighten them up.


What I wore:



Jacket: Barkins beige trench coat
ScarfJeanswest Lucille golden yellow scarf
Earrings: gold pendant chandelier earrings
DressAtmos&Here navy stripe tee dress 
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagRebecca Minkoff yellow mini 5 zip


Why I wore it:

It was good to get this trench coat out again! It's a favourite year after year. It's cosy and lined and perfect for a cold winter morning. I layered a slip under this navy stripe shift dress too, and some cosy fleece lined tights with the ankle boots to keep me warm.

With the dark navy and black stripes and the black tights and boots, I added more colour with the mustard scarf and the yellow Rebecca Minkoff Mini 5-zip bag. The scarf and bag aren't an exact match together but I still liked the two yellows against the neutral dress.

While it was a cold morning, it thankfully warmed up at lunch time. I was able to leave my jacket behind when I headed to a nearby restaurant, and still be warm enough. The trench was certainly back on for the afternoon commute home though!


Last worn: camel trench, mustard scarf, gold earrings, navy stripe dress, black ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff yellow mini 5-zip bag.

Other ways to wearcamel trench worn 30 ways, mustard scarf and LBD, navy stripe dress and leather jacketankle boots worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff yellow mini 5-zip bag and florals.

Perfect for pregnancycamel trench in first trimesternavy stripe tee dress in second trimesterblack ankle boots in second trimester.






What I wore:






Jacket: Jeanswest Monica Mac coat in Indigo
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl colourful print scarf in green
Earrings: Lovisa mini mustard tassel earrings
Dress: thrifted Kmart white and navy long sleeve stripe tee dress
ShoesAsos Cleo leather boots in tan
BagRebecca Minkoff emerald green mini 5-zip rocker bag


Why I wore it:

I liked the outfit above so much that I created a very similar one with this other navy striped shift dress I have, this white and navy dress was an opshop find. Again I tried to coordinate my bag and scarf together, with this green mini 5 zip bag and the green shades in the printed scarf. I even added a little yellow into this outfit with the mustard tassel earrings to match the scarf print! Just like the outfit above, the colours in the accessories don't match exactly, but I really liked the combination.

With these tall leather boots and black leggings I was nice and cosy, and actually a bit too warm in the office! The navy trench coat was very much needed on both the commute into the office and home again in the afternoon though, and I was grateful for the warmth of it when we had a couple of errands to run after I picked the kids up from school in the afternoon too.


Last worn: navy Macintosh, mustard tassel earrings, green scarf, white stripe dress, tan boots, Rebecca Minkoff green mini 5-zip bag.

Other ways to wearnavy Macintosh and pencil skirt, green scarf and grey dress, white stripe dress and leather jacket, tan boots worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff green mini 5-zip bag and shorts.







Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

5 comments:

  1. Stripes are always a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two perfect outfits for what we would consider mild Winter temperatures here in Belgium ;-) Navy and beige is such a classic combo, but I'm also loving the pops of green in your second outfit! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have you to thank for a long-ago mention of fleece-lined tights, Mica! Now I wear them all fall/winter long. Brrr...7-9 is COLD! Your outerwear is so fun - love the brights you've mixed in your bag/scarf.

    Hope you are well, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are staying warm with the cooler temperatures! I just love that trench coat. Glad it came in handy! And you have the most beautiful scarves.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both great looks. Nicely styled.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...