Thursday 17 November 2022

What's In My Bag: #ItsInTheBag Woman's Bag Donation For Share The Dignity

It's that time of year again! Share The Dignity are running their #ItsInTheBag campaign, encouraging you to put together a new or gently used bag with a few essentials and some special treats for a woman in need at Christmas time.




While Share The Dignity collect bags to distribute to teens as well as bags for mums and new babies, this year I picked again to do a standard bag for a woman in need.


What's In My Bag For #It'sInTheBag



A big bag, but it needed to be to fit everything inside! I packed all of the essentials - pads and tampons, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, tooth brush and tooth paste. So that a woman in need at Christmas time has all the essentials everyone deserves. When times are tough sometimes even the basics are out of reach.

With the use of some Clinique items I got free as a gift with repurchase of my current moisturiser, I added in a few luxury items as well, to make whoever receives this feel special. Face wash, moisturiser, lipstick, and mascara. I added in some sunscreen too, and makeup remover wipes and a couple of face masks, along with a pretty necklace and of course a little Christmas card. Because everyone deserves to feel a bit of joy on Christmas, and to feel loved.



I've donated these bags for the past few years and it's become a staple on my Christmas shopping list, to look out for things someone might like to receive in a bag like this. If you're in Australia, you can donate your own bag at any Bunnings between 18th and 27th November.

You can find a list of the items required and suggested for each bag on the Share the Dignity website. And if you want any further inspiration, you can see some of the bags I put together in previous years below.



Mum and Bub Bags:




If you are outside of Australia, you can donate online to sponsor a bag, or you can find a similar charity in your country to support. Food banks are always grateful for donations too!


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

40 comments:

  1. What an amazing cause! I love all the essentials you packed it in.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Mica! What a good cause.

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so good from you!
    I usually donate old clothing or blankets for homeless in winter (there are not much organizations for charity here in Italy apart the Church) for Christmas but this is a very good and useful initiative!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame that there are not a lot of organisations but good you can still donate and make a difference!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely idea. Another blogger just wrote this week about care packages she makes for the unhoused in her area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good way to give back at Christmas!

      Delete
  5. I love that you do this every year.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a lovely initiative, and I applaud you for participating and putting together such a great choice of items, even including some luxury ones! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woooo
    Amazing post and video
    Have a totally nice weekend!!
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! It is such a great way to support other woman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a good post.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW sweet videos, I like it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great cause. And this is so great the essentials inside. I love a bag that can fit what I need and not feel uneasy while carrying it. I hope your having a great weekend. https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2022/10/black-turtlenecks-are-cult-favourite.html?spref=pi&m=1

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea! What a great way to receive special items such as these. I love this time of year and the giving spirit!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful! You packed a lot of great things inside!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lindas carteras, Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so amazing Mica, what a great idea.Thank you for sharing, I didn't know about this cause, it is so worthy. You are such a lovely, kind person donating all these essential products xx
    Janet
    www.rediscoveringmystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I could introduce you to it! They definitely have collection points in WA! :)

      Delete
  16. This is so heartwarming! I love giving back in creative ways like this. You've included so many great essentials that anyone in need will be so grateful for. Thank you for sharing Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Delviered my bags yesterday. I love it. Favourite time of year putting them together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so awesome! I think I need to try doing multiple bags next year!

      Delete
  18. I love that you do this annually and share it with us, Mica. It's a good reminder to give back to other humans in need.

    I've been busy creating donation pages for the local food banks here - hoping to raise $10K this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you reach your goal, it's such a good goal to have!

      Delete
  19. Love these videos and your style is lovely. Bags are my fav accessory to just add a touch of glam to any look. https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2022/11/now-trending-dazzling-disco-party-edit.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea! You filled your bag with such good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a fabulous way to give at this time of year. I want to look into it and see if there's something like it around here.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find something similar - I think they are called Blessing bags in the US!

      Delete
  22. It is so wonderful that you do this every year, but especially this year, in light of the overwhelm etc. we've both been experiencing. You have the biggest heart, and I'm sure the lady who gets your bag will feel so loved! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess. It's so important I had to make sure to get it done this year despite all the craziness. I'd like to do more than one bag a year, but I'll stick with what I can for now :)

      Delete
  23. What a wonderful cause and a great way to give back! This is such a fabulous idea <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's lovely that this has become a holiday season tradition for you. Whoever receives it will surely appreciate the care as well as everything that has gone into the bag. We should make an effort to give back all year but even more so during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a nice tradition to have, I hope it's a long-running one for me!

      Delete
  25. Back again to say thanks for joining in at #Allseasons

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are such a great wonderful person to do this every year, Mica:) I love the contents you picked out and agree with everything Rowena said above.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  27. such a lovely idea to provide support and also very easy to see and feel (it seems inportant to me for self interest). we should do it everywhere and more often

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you all for your comments on this tradition :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...