Monday 11 December 2017

Blue Printed Dresses and Blazers for the Office

Blue is my favourite colour. It always makes me feel confident and happy when I wear it, one of my 'power colours'. I try not to wear it every day (I really could...) but for a stressful work week it was the ideal outfit choice. I picked out two of my favourite blue printed dresses for a hectic and busy few days in the office.

What I wore:

blush pink blazer, blue boho print dress silver ballet flats purple Balenciaga work bag office outfit | AwayFromBLue

blue dress, pink blazer, Balenciaga purple G21 silver hardware work bag | awayfromtheblue

#pregnancyandmotherhood style awayfromblue instagram dress that works in pregnancy and post-baby
JacketJeanswest Nadine 3/4 sleeve dusky pink blazer
DressJeanswest 'Chelsea' printed dress
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

I've never seen this dress as an office dress before, keeping it as part of my casual wardrobe. I kept seeing it and thinking it was overdue a wear, last worn back in May! While I know I have too many office clothes now I'm only working part time, I figured I'd try make this work for the office anyway. I added the blush pink blazer to make it a little more office appropriate. I really liked this outfit!

The only thing I didn't like was that I pulled the elasticated waist down so it didn't give the blouson effect of wearing it higher, but because I didn't belt it, the waistband kept riding up and I was tugging on this dress a few times during the day to try keep the hem down. If I wear this to the office again, I'll definitely add a belt to keep it in place! It was nice to wear this in my business casual office, this dress really does work for so many occasions, including pregnancy!

The colours in this outfit made me happy. I like blue and pink and purple together, they are lovely shades that work well combined and this outfit is a good example of that.


Last worn: blush blazerboho print dress, bow detail flats, purple Balenciaga work bag.

Other ways to wear: blush blazer and purple jeansprinted dress layered for autumn, bow detail flats and skinny jeans, purple Balenciaga work bag and pink pencil skirt.

Perfect for pregnancy: blush blazer in third trimesterboho dress in second trimester, ballet flats and maternity wrap dress.



Blue Printed Dresses For The Office Under $50:






What I wore:

grey jersey blazer, jeanswest navy aztec print dress silver statement necklace with purple Balenciaga bag | away from blue

Balenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag | away from the blue

Jeanswest jersey blazer aztec print dress office ootd | away from the blue blog
JacketJeanswest grey jersey blazer
NecklaceJeanswest Taki necklace (C/O)
DressJeanswest Aztec print dress
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs logo plaque flats in camel
Bracelets: the usual plus old jade and Roie Designs labradorite bracelets
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

Another busy day, another favourite blue printed dress. Last time I wore this dress without a belt I wasn't too happy with the results. This time around though, with the longer statement necklace and grey jersey blazer, I liked the dress unbelted. It didn't ride up like the first dress through the day either.

While I was hunting for a particular necklace to wear (this one is nice but wasn't my first choice) I came across these jade and beaded bracelets I hadn't worn in a while, so added them to my bracelet stack.

Last worn: grey jersey blazerAztec print dress, camel ballet flats, raisin Balenciaga work bag (above).

Other ways to weargrey jersey blazer and wrap dressAztec print dress in wintercamel ballet flats and skinny jeansraisin Balenciaga work bag and black pencil skirt.

Perfect for pregnancy: Aztec print dress in third trimestercamel ballet flats in third trimester.



More Blue Printed Dresses Under $50:









How You Can Wear It:

Printed dresses are such easy office outfits, I'm always going to recommend them for working mums - just pull on and go without worrying about coordinating. If your office air con is cold, or you want to make your dress seem even more professional, just add a blazer! Pink works well with blue, but you can always go with a neutral grey if you're unsure about the colour combo.





Today marks just two weeks till Christmas! Still have people left to buy for? Check out my gift guide for a mum or mum to be, everything's under $50! And for your fashionista friend, get them a gift they'll adore no matter your budget with the ultimate handbag lover gift guide!


Linking up with Turning Heads, Confident Twosday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

56 comments:

  1. Love the outfit - your bag is really really cute.

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing!Love your dress and how you styled this look!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: COZY DAYS...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue is also one of my favourite colours! It's such a nice relaxing hue. The first dress would definitely look great with a belt - and help with the riding up issue!! I like how it's paired with that blazer - it's an unexpected shade for the office but is still a classic shape.

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both dresses and blazers, Mica! The first dress looks great with the dusky pink blazer and purple bag. I also love that colour combo! The grey blazer matches the second dress perfectly and I love your necklace and bracelets too! :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love blue dresses! You look lovely! Have a great week. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally understand why blue is your favourite colour – it makes your eyes POP! You look beautiful!
    Suzy xx
    www.suzyturner.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking so pretty in this color! the first dress is my fave! xx
    www.bonjourchiara.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful Mica! Blue suits you perfectly. I like to think you can make a dress work for you (to the office, to the mall, to church, etc) with how you style it. It's great that you have found a way to make this casual dress into an office dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! So true, you can really change up the look of a dress by what you wear with it.

      Delete
  9. Blue color looks fantastic on you Mica, what a great idea to add a pink blazer to this dress to make it even more formal.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue looks great on you! I think the first dress is perfect for the office too. I love the print of the second one with the blazer.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blue is so pretty on you, I can see why it's your favorite. Both of these looks are perfect for the office--I LOVE that first one especially, since I want all the blush things right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blue is a favorite color for many people and it's totally understandable since it's so flattering and serene. Both of these dress combinations look perfect for the office :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blue is your color! These dresses look beautiful on you, and I love them styled with the blazers.
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blue (and especially navy blue) is my favorite color to wear too! Both dresses look amazing on you!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like both looks, the blazers transform the dresses and take them to office wear appropriate... I think you look so good in blue !

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are just a doll! You look amazing in these outfits!

    Liz
    www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adore both dresses, super fun for work! And Blue looks amazing on you!
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think the dress looks amazing paired with a blazer! It can be fun (but challenging) to find ways to turn more casual pieces into work wear, but these outfits are great.

    Kathryn • simplykk.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's definitely nice to look at things in a new way! :)

      Delete
  19. Isn't it amazing how a blazer is able to transform an outfit? I absolutely adore both outfits and actually miss having a blazer in my rotation.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've really been loving my blazers lately! :)

      Delete
  20. Blue is definitely your colour - it's your neutral! I love how you've dressed these dresses for work, Mica. You look professional, but you're also comfortable - it can be done! Lovely outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are such classy and pretty outfits!

    https://styledwithamanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. These outfits are perfect for the office! I love the pattern of your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Blue looks so pretty on you sweetie <3 I love the overall look!
    Wonderful post dear!
    Beauty and Fashion Freaks

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love blue and my wardrobe is full of it! This dress looks great on you. The blazer is the perfect addition to take it into the office x #turningheads

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a cute look, I love how this outfit suits you!!

    https://justohana.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  26. Blue is amazing on you!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: COZY DAYS...

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really liked the dresses and the combinations you showed! You look very beautiful! In the past I only wore high heels, but now I am a strong supporter of flats - comfort for me is all! I know what you meant about the elasticated band, it's a bit tricky. And about colors, too - once I wore black for 8 or 9 months in a row and now I am into florals everyday... so blue is such a lovely and serene color, go on wearing it! Hope you have a nice weekend!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comfort is so important, definitely! And a knee injury means I can't wear heels as much as I used to sadly!

      Delete
  28. What a great dress. I love how it can so easily be worn as office attire - the blazer totally completes the look!
    xo

    www.katrinagwenrose.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love both of these dresses, the ikat print is stunning! Hope you are having a wonderful week Mica!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just love that jacket, it is such a pretty shade of pink! Especially when paired with that blue dress! Such an adorable outfit. Hope you're having a great week!


    xoxo,
    Amanda
    misslulupearlblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. The purple bag is such a fun addition to these looks!


    District of Chic

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dear Mica,
    no wonder you love blue - it suits you perfectly and as usual I love both of your looks! Yes, the first dress definitely is also suitable for the office and the combo of the second look is simply perfect!
    You look fresh in blue - this is true!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love a good printed dress- even better if it's in blue! My fave!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  34. Blue looks so great on you! I love a dark royal or nautic blue as well! Your bag is also soooo gorgeous!

    Love, Layla Rosita | www.laylarosita.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Blue is becoming one of my fave colors too. I just ordered two very similar dresses! I really love your bag as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you love the dresses when they arrive!

      Delete
  36. I really like blue, too. Both dresses are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am such a big fan of the color blue too. It is so flattering and goes with everything! I love both of these printed dresses! For some reason I typically wear cardigans with dresses, but I like how the blazers look. I need to try that! The soft pink blazer is a really pretty color on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've been wearing blazers and dresses together often! :)

      Delete
  38. Oh that's a shame it kept riding up! I love the print on the dress. I think a belt will be much better suited to it to keep it in place!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  39. Blue is such a pretty colour on you! And I really need to get back to wearing more dresses, it's been too long! Plus, love how you've styled both of yours!!

    www.girlandcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love both dresses on you and the soft pink. The second blue dress with blazer looks great too! i also love seeing your pup photobomb!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lovely dress, so pretty on you dear. Cute blazer too.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I absolutely love the blue print dress! :)

    Jo
    www.outlanderly.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love all of your bags! The Rebecca Minkoff and Balenciaga are my faves! And such cute outfits, thanks for sharing!

    Alex | SoFitSoPretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Such a good idea wearing your favorite colors to offset a stressful work week! You look beautiful in blue! <3

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...