Wednesday 13 January 2016

Summer Striped Tanks, Maternity Denim Shorts Outfits With Bright Bags

For the Fox In Flats DAREcember style challenge, there was a challenge I'd been really looking forward to and one I wasn't sure I'd be able to achieve. Luckily I was able to find something in my wardrobe to wear for both, and they both turned out to involve striped tanks!

What I wore:

Away From Blue | Print Mixing Somedays Lovin Kimono stripe tank maternity shorts second trimester summer

AwayFromTheBlue | Balenciaga sorbet pink regular classic city bag 2010 split tassels
Necklace: Lovisa silver love knitted heart pendant necklace
TankGlassons striped tank in silver marle and white
ShortsJeanswest Georgie maternity boyfriend shorts (available in non-maternity also)
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus JORD black Fieldcrest wood watch (C/O)
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet

Why I wore it:

The style challenge for the day was 'print mixing' which I was really looking forward to as I knew I'd wear this tank and kimono together. I'd certainly not say I was an expert at print mixing, I've had a few fails, but I follow the 'formula' of making one of the patterns stripes and it usually winds up looking okay.

I absolutely loved this outfit. I wore it out to a play date with toddler T and I wouldn't change a thing about it.


As it's the second time I've worn this kimono since I purchased it, and I'm reviewing everything I buy to make sure everything will be a workhorse in my wardrobe, my purchase review:

I adore this kimono. I wasn't too sure about the print when I bought it, it looked nice but I wasn't sure if it would be very wearable. I bought it anyway, with another kimono, planning to return the one I liked the least. But when I tried this on at home with went with so many things and I have adored it every time I've worn it. A purchase I'm very glad I made, I'd been wanting more kimonos to wear over summer and this fits the need nicely.


Last worn: Somedays Lovin' Yakuza print kimono, striped tank, Jeanswest maternity shorts, Havaianas, Balenciaga sorbet city bag.

Other ways to wearSomedays Lovin' kimono and a yellow tank, striped tank and skinny jeans without a baby bump, denim shorts and Converse, Balenciaga sorbet city bag in the office.


Shop striped tanks under $50:





Maternity striped tanks under $50:







What I wore:

Away From Blue | 2nd Trimester summer Jeanswest maternity shorts striped tank outfit

AwayFromTheBlue | Roie Designs Waxed leather beaded wrap bracelet, RM mini MAC
NecklaceJeanswest Taki necklace (C/O)
Tank: Cotton On stripe sailor tank in dusky green / grey marle
ShortsJeanswest maternity rolled up shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs waxed leather cream howlite beaded wrap bracelet
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather

Why I wore it:

Wore this to take toddler T to his last gymboree session for the year. The style challenge was 'safari' which I wasn't sure I would be able to find anything to wear for, but then I remembered this little worn tank. It's a trapeze cut so it fit the growing bump nicely, and with the khaki stripes and the tribal themed necklace I think I met the safari challenge quite well. Simple and comfortable outfit for running around with a toddler too.


Last worn: khaki and grey striped tank, Jeanswest maternity shorts, Havaianas (above), Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC.

Other ways to wearstriped tank and skinny jeans, Jeanswest maternity shorts and a printed scarf, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC and a maxi skirt.


Linking up with Style Me Wednesday, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Files, Throwback Thursday, Fun Fashion Friday, Fabulous Friday, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

53 comments:

  1. Big fan of stripes! U look great!
    Thestyletune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous :)

    http://fiftyshadesofpink.blogs.sapo.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that kimono too! The colors are more subtle than some floral prints. You are totally rocking the print mixing. I think you are right, stripes are a safe bet.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep stripes are always good for print mixing! :)

      Delete
  4. Mica I like the stripes with the kimono... the light colors and pattern totally work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I mixed stripes and animal print for the mixed print prompt. I too remember seeing safari and drawing a blank. In fact, I think I skipped that day all together. Well, duh, why didn't I do khaki? Seems totally obvious right? haha I'm still "new" to the creative thinking of style challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I think it was more trying to find a way to link something that would fit back to the challenge... the more I participate in the challenges, the more fun I have with the prompts and don't always pick the obvious ones! :)

      Delete
  6. I love your bag! You look pretty :)

    Mischelle
    http://www.nowthatschic.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute outfits, Mica! I love the way the kimono looks with the striped shirt, it creates a nice contrast and pattern mix; great styling! I hope you're having a great day and week so far, beauty!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. that kimono is darling! you always have the best handbags ever!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pattern mixing in the first outfit. Great looks!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh that gorgeous kimono again!
    Both outfits are so cute! I really like how versatile your looks are! Even though both outfits have striped tops, they have completely different feels!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the best kimono! And it's on heavy rotation this summer, get used to seeing more of it, haha!

      Delete
  11. Sounds like you're doing the best to get the most wear out of your clothing. I like the striped tank, and think the kimono is also quite versatile.
    Prime Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I want to wear as much of my wardrobe as I can, so I'm always checking to see what doesn't work any more! :)

      Delete
  12. Beautiful looks!! Stunning!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The kimono is lovely! I really need to get myself some new ones for this summer.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wearing mine so much, the perfect coverup! :)

      Delete
  14. The kimono looks beautiful on you and I love the pattern mixing. Your bags are impressive as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you nailed print mixing in the first look! I love floral and stripes together, and the colors in that look are so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the combination of stripes and florals and those bags are both gorgeous ♥ You look lovely Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Obsessed with that kimono! Gorgeous!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will definitely be picking up a kimono come summer here in Germany. I wasn't too sure last summer, but I love your and the way you styled it, so I am convinced.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had them for a few years, but this summer has definitely been the summer I decided I needed more, and have been wearing them so much! :)

      Delete
  19. You can never go wrong with stripes! I love it with the cute kimono!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like this outfit, beautiful photos. I'm your new GFC follower # 559 ^ - ^

    www.beautywithterri.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look amazing! I love your bags, but you look so pretty pregnant!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  22. the kimono is so cute!♥ I love the pattern on it!:)


    www.Lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how the kimono looks over your stripes! Your bags really brighten up both outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That sorbet colored bag is so pretty. Perfect for spring/summer!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the look! Print mixing can be hard but I loved how you kept with the color scheme! Ahhh I wish it was warm where I live to wear shorts! You nailed this look!

    Jasmine :)
    colorubold.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely hot enough here, it's summer! :)

      Delete
  26. Im loving these looks! The shade of your second handbag is so pretty!
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fun looks lady!! You're making me so jealous that it's winter here! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. There's that beautiful kimono again! I love it with your striped tank and denim shorts. You are making me long for summer again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yep, it's on frequent repeat in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  29. Great style and bag it is so lovely :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. How beautifully aged is your sorbet bal! At first I thought it's a new colour I haven't seen before :) you are proudly wearing your bump and I love that <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really aging nicely that bag! :)

      And yep, very proud of the baby bump! It's an incredible process and I'm so so lucky to get to experience it again.

      Delete
  31. Ooh, I love the kimono you wore in the first pic! I finally got my first one and I can't wait to wear it out, except it's not warm enough just yet. Great outfits :)

    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the weather warms up for you soon! :) I've really enjoyed wearing mine lately!

      Delete
  32. Great outfits! I took my step daughter to a Gymboree session one time and completely wore the wrong outfit. I felt like such a newbie. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I wasn't sure what to wear at all my first time either! But comfortable easy to move in clothes are a good bet! :)

      Delete
  33. I love the little cameos your dog makes in your photos, s/he looks so sweet!

    Print mixing is something I've been a bit nervous about, but I love how you pulled it off here, and kept the rest of your look simple. Kimonos are perfect for the summer too!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great pattern mixing, you have the best collection of kimonos.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Now I think I need a kimono! Nice arm party going on in the tribal challenge too! You're acing those challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to play along with the challenges and have some inspiration for what to wear! :)

      Delete
  36. You absolutely can't go wrong with a striped tank. Looking lovely!
    Shannon @my2morrows
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. That kimono is gorgeous, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you all for your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I really love the softness of the colors! They look so pretty together.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...