Monday 22 January 2018

Summer Maxi Dresses and Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere

Maxi dresses are such an easy summer option for me. I tend to wear any and all kinds of accessories with them too. While they are perfect with sandals, they look just as good with Converse, and with a Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere instead of a smaller cross body bag.

What I wore:

Kmart Tropicana sleeveless tiered maxi dress, Converse Chucks LV speedy bandouliere | awayfromtheblue

floral maxi dress, Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere handheld | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram summer kmart tropicana coral print maxi dress Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Feather pendant in peach (C/O)
Dress: Kmart Tropicana sleeveless tiered maxi dress
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

I wanted something light and airy to wear for a planned morning out at the markets, but when it was cooler and cloudy in the morning I thought I'd add some Converse instead of my havaianas, as it was predicted to rain. By the time we got to the markets though, we realised our mistake. The humidity was so bad and closed in shoes were definitely not needed. I was glad I'd forgotten to grab my denim jacket on the way out the door!

We managed to have a speedy browse before Cooper decided he'd had enough of the heat and we reatreated home again. Somehow still managing to pick up bags of treats and things for Cooper before we left, ha! He's such a spoiled little pup.

The Converse helped meet the style challenge for the day on Instagram, as did the dress itself. I picked the speedy as it's damier ebene and waterproof if the predicted rain did happen. It's also just the right size to carry the water bottles for the boys and my own essentials, as we left the baby bag and stroller in the car as we walked around.


Last worn: coral tropical print maxi dress, Converse, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere.

Other ways to wearcoral tropical print maxi dress and denim jacket, Converse for travel with toddlers, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere and printed jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse for second trimester travel, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere and maternity pencil skirt.


Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy Bag:








What I wore:

tie dye maxi dress Jeanswest summer studded sandals outfit statement necklace LV speedy bag | away from blue

tie dye maxi dress, louis vuitton speedy bandouliere worn cross body | away from the blue

instagram awayfromblue Jeanswest 'Elodie' tie dye grey jersey maxi dress louis vuitton speedy bandouliere
Necklace: gifted Oxfam Noah's Ark green red beaded necklace
DressJeanswest 'Elodie' tie dye grey jersey maxi dress
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere
NailsOPI Breakfast at Tiffany Collection Five and Ten

Why I wore it:


I was excited to wear my new Christmas necklace with this dress - the neckline is just right for it! I was thrilled to unwrap this (and a bunch of other things!) from my bestie on Christmas, she always has such great taste and I adore everything she sends for the boys and I.

Wore this for a day that was just as hot as the one I wore the floral dress for above - but it was more bearable with sandals this time! Midway through our busy morning I got a few messages from Beth at Almost Posh. I'd found out from Insta stories she was staying nearby on holiday, so we quickly setup a quick coffee catch-up for that afternoon. After a bit of lunch with hubby and a little Jeanswest sale shopping to spend one of my Christmas gift cards, we met-up for a drink and chat. Beth is one of those bloggers I admire so it was nice to chat and pick her brain about Instagram, blogging and the juggle of a blog, work and motherhood.

Of course we discussed bags, and she even bought a clutch afterwards! It's a given that whenever you talk to me bags will come up at some point! I smiled that she had worn her Louis Vuitton neverfull tote as I had worn my Louis Vuitton speedy bag, although I completely forgot to get a photo of us together.

Last worn: tie dye maxi dress, studded sandals, Louis Vuitton damier ebene speedy (above).

Other ways to weartie dye maxi dress layered for winter, studded sandals and floral kimono, Louis Vuitton damier ebene speedy for a first flight with toddlers.

Perfect for pregnancytie dye maxi dress at 38 weeks, studded sandals and maternity shorts, Louis Vuitton damier ebene speedy and wrap dress in third trimester.


Printed Maxi Dresses Under $50:








How You Can Wear It:

Maxi dresses are perfect to combat the summer heat. A pretty printed one makes accessorising simple and not really required. You can think outside the box and wear a maxi dress with Converse too, you don't have to stick with simple sandals. Although sandals are a great choice in the heat! Any cross body bag looks great too, from a large LV speedy to a small clutch.


Linking up with Modest Monday, Hello Monday, Style Sessions, On Trend, Turning Heads, Confident Twosday, Wardrobe Wednesday.



Did You Know: I have a YouTube Channel! Full of pregnancy style ideas, handbag reviews and ways to wear inspo, along with a lot of what's in my bag videos: Away From The Blue YouTube. (There's the unboxing of my Speedy bag on there too!)



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

73 comments:

  1. So lovely. Thanks for sharing your outfit look!
    Tell me, what is your favorite style tip?


    Cheers,
    Alexandra| 2018 Spring Trend: Office Outfit Ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Probably to invest in accessories! :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely bag Mica! Both Maxi dresses look good on you.

    I think Maxi dresses are one of the most versatile pieces in our wardrobes. Okay, that's a broad sweeping statement but you know what I mean :)

    amakamedia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, and I agree, they are so versatile! :)

      Delete
  3. You always give good ideas!!! I hope you had a great time this weekend, Today i talk about surfing the big wave in our life...
    xoxo

    marisascloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new week Mica! I hope you had a beautiful weekend! I absolutely love both dresses and you completed the converse challenge in a super chic and cute way. The necklace is an awesome gift and contrast beautifully with the tie dye dress.

    Have a wonderful week ahead!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are gorgeous, I especially love the second one - the colour and pattern are beautiful! Hope you have a lovely week ahead,
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these dresses on you. I hate it when I make the wrong footwear choice in the summer... it's so uncomfortable in the heat. Hope you week is off to a good start.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Converse are waiting for much cooler weather before they will be worn again, haha!

      Delete
  7. I really like the print on the first dress, so pretty!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have the prettiest maxis, Mica!!
    They are so easy in the summer, and I always love how you accessorize!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Monday Mica! Loved your maxi dresses, you look so pretty . Looking at these pictures, I'm missing warmer weather. Have a nice day. xx

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving both dresses, but I especially like the first one. So bright and fun!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. This bag is amazing! But you look awesome in both dresses!
    Great outfits dear! ^__^
    I follow you now #594, hope you can follow me back If you want! ♥

    Dream Destinations

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it!! It looks so cute!
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mica, I must say, I'm in love with both outfit but the first one is my favorite. You look beautiful in both outfit. Hope you have a fabulous Monday! <3 Kisses <3

    New post-http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/2018/01/pamper-yourself-at-geetanjali-salon-my-facial-hair-spa-experience.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love maxi dresses worn like that, especially with Converse sneakers. You looked fab =) Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies - fashion and beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. This dress looks super spring and I love it!

    Camila,
    My Vogue Style | www.myvoguestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful maxi dresses! I’m convinced you have the best collection, girl! I love them both, but I especially love the tie dye one. I have this thing with the die maxis, I absolutely love them!

    Xo,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great look!

    www.thedanieloriginals.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really wish I looked as good in maxi's as you do! Haha....sadly I'm not able to pull them off
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone has something like that!

      Delete
  19. You are making me miss summer so bad! Here in the States it is cold and I am so over it , lol. I never would have thought to pair that bag with a maxi dress and especially one with a print, but it works. I really love the first dress because the colors used are perfect for me.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, I tend to see the damier print as a neutral and wear it with pretty much anything!

      Delete
  20. Love the maxi dress and your LV is perfect! You look amazing, friend!
    Happy Monday, babe!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love maxi dresses especially in summer. Both dresses look so pretty on you! I'm totally obsessed with that bag and just love how you wear it across the body!
    Greetings from rainy and snow Switzerland!
    xo Yvonne
    www.aproposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely LOVE these two maxi dresses! Crazy for me to imagine wearing summer dresses because it's still quite chilly here, but in Australia it looks absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    xx, Emily | www.East91blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh I love that necklace, what a gorgeous gift! And I really do love the combo of the maxi dress + converse sneakers, bummer that the humidity didn't cooperate with that decision :)
    Have a great week Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a great option for spring and autumn, not so much for summer! haha!

      Delete
  24. Oh these dresses are so fun and playful, you have me wishing for summer!

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes maxis are real winners everyone should have at least one of them in their wardrobe. They can be real life savers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are such easy, instant outfits!

      Delete
  26. Ahh your dresses make me wish it was summer where I am! You always have the best maxi dresses!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's so nice when we meet blogger friends in person and see that they are really nice! By the way, I looove maxi dresses and the ones you wore are really lovely - and with that fantastic bag and the new Christmas necklace! Really gorgeous! It's so nice to have summer now! Hope you have a very beautiful week!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Beth is the sweetest too, it's the second time I've met her and it was so good to catch up again in person.

      Delete
  28. Dresses are my go to during the summer as well only I do midi instead of maxi dresses. The one piece styling just makes getting dressed such a breeze not to mention, they're great option for staying cool. Happy new week Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That bag is beautiful and so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really like the coral maxi dress! The LV bag is lovely, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. You're giving me all the holiday feels with this post Mica! I'm not only sooo jealous of the hot weather, I absolutely adore the tie dye maxi dress! I need this in my life and you look so beautiful in it :)
    Jaz xoxo
    http://www.thelifeofasocialbutterfly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the purple dress! I've never really worn maxi dresses, but your giving me some serious style inspo!

    Shann Eileen | www.shanneileen.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. You have such pretty maxi dresses, Mica! I especially love the tie dye dress and the necklace from your bestie is gorgeous! Hope you're having a good week so far, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My bestie does have great taste!

      Delete
  34. I swear, you have the best maxi dresses! I love the print and color of this one. It's so perfect for the warmer weather, and you are getting me excited for spring! It's right around the corner for us :) Hope you have a great week! XO

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  35. I've been thinking about eventually investing in a Louis Vuitton bag. I really like that your Speedy bag has the option of carrying crossbody or with the handles. And I never knew it was waterproof! How handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love the extra functionality with the cross body strap! And damier ebene is the best, I like that it's wipe-clean with the kids, haha!

      Delete
  36. Lovely maxi dresses.
    You look wonderful.

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  37. You sure have an amazing collection of maxi dresses. The necklace is such a standout. Love how unique it is, very beautiful. We've had some very hot weather here in Sydney too.
    Tia Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the red dress. I don't think I worse closed shoes once when I was in oz!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. So pretty as always!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: CASUAL STYLE IN LA

    ReplyDelete
  40. Loveee that blue dress!!! Hope you're having an amazing week :)

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
  41. Totally feeling the same way about maxi dresses, they're such amazing wardrobe fixes during the warmer months of the year (which you have plenty of! haha). These ones look lovely on you :) Have a fabulous week!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love maxi dresses as well! And both of yours featured are beautiful! Your bag is awesome too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your summer maxi dresses are making me want to book a beach vacay!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the first dress! That must have been so hot if even you (as a native to Aus) couldn't handle the heat. I would have melted! It looks really nice and casual with the Converse though, I like it! The second look is nice too and it's great you got to meet up with your friend who is also another blogger. Funnily enough I don't really have any real life friends that are bloggers. Adam does now as I got him into it, but that's a part of us as a couple. That's lucky you have one! The necklace she got you is gorgeous, Mica! And I didn't know you had a Youtube! I'm checking that out!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, it was SUCH a humid day. I can handle the heat, it's the heat and the humidity I start to struggle, haha!

      It is interesting the people you meet through blogging - I'm sure you'll meet someone local soon! :)

      Delete
  45. Wow I'm really loving these maxi dresses! I really can't wait until winter is over here so I can wear my dresses away, so I will curiously live through you in the meantime <3

    Stacey, thebambieyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Okay so not only do I love your handbag collection, I now also love your closet full of maxi dresses! You have quite a collection. 😀 Love it styled with a converse and your necklace is so pretty. I hope your week is off to a great start and happy Tuesday!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Maxi dresses are so easy to wear. It doesn't take too much thought to just grab and go! I love the colors in the first one since they are so bright! Love that necklace too!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love your colorful maxi dresses, they really are so fun and easy to throw on. Plus you are right about that necklace, it fits the neckline of your dress so perfectly!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  49. This Summer I promised myself to wear more dresses and I look forward to it! Love that you paired the dresses with sneakers, very chic and practical.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  50. Haha, when I scrolled down to the second pic, I thought "Oh, that's what she was wearing when we caught up!" and lo and behold, it was! Always great to talk bags, I'm keeping an eye out for some pre-loved goodies to hopefully nab a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yes, a little while after we met up but I was so behind with blogging! :) I'm sure you will find another bargain too - that clutch you got was a beauty! :)

      Delete
  51. I do love the print of that red maxi dress - it looks so fab with sneakers! I'm on the hunt for a similar red dress (shorter though) as I saw a blogger wearing something like that with her Vans and I was inspired! Unfortunately preggo body means it's hard to find anything that fits... :(

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard shopping while pregnant! Hope you can find something post-baby, this was a Kmart find!

      Delete
  52. I think i am going to look for a few maxi dresses this summer. I love the floral print on you and that necklace so pretty in orange. i bought white adidas last year, so i need to wear them this yr and try with dresses. LOVE the purple on you!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love the tie dye maxi as well as the gorgeous, tropical printed dress in that coral color combination. You look very beautiful in both and I love how you assessorized each of them. I love your Christmas necklace!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love the print to both dresses! Converse can hold heat when it's hot. LOL I love my sandals as well. LOL at Cooper! He's a smart pup. That necklace does go well with your dress Mica. Really nice gift.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  55. Thanks all for your lovely comments and compliments on the pretty maxi dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Gorgeous dress from the first look! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  57. My fave would be the first one. That floral dress is such a cute and fun look on you dear. Love that you paired it with Chucks!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. You look so pretty in both of these colours! Maxi dress queen. I just got a similar shaped Kate Spade bag for summer. Big enough to carry all the extra stuff we seem to need in summer and small enough to wear cross body style.

    Thanks for linking up with Wardrobe Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...