Monday 7 December 2015

Corporate Style: Marc By Marc Jacobs Lil Ukita Bag

Consistently, the Marc by Marc Jacobs Ukita bag is one of the most clicked items on my blog. Probably because the rock lobster colour is awesome and it brightens up a neutral outfit really well. It's the perfect size for taking to work too.


What I wore:

Away from Blue | Second trimester black maternity jeans in office bright stripe tank

AwayFromTheBlue | Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Little Ukita bag in Rock Lobster
Necklace: thrifted pearl and heart charm long necklace
TankJeanswest 'Hannah' print tank in paradise pink multi
JeansJeanswest maternity skinny jeans in black
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs black leather Swarovski beaded wrap bracelet and JORD black Fieldcrest wood watch (C/O)
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs Little Ukita bag in Rock Lobster

Why I wore it:

As it was a slightly cooler day, I figured I'd get some wear out of my maternity jeans and wear them to the office again like I did with my last pregnancy. I did want to wear a button up shirt to look a little more professional, but couldn't find one that actually buttoned over the baby bump, ha! it was too hot to consider a blazer too, so I just wore the bright tank by itself.

I'm surprised I haven't worn this tank and bag together before, the colours go really well together.


Last worn: striped tank, Jeanswest maternity skinny jeans, Walnut Melbourne ballet flats, Marc by Marc Jacobs Lil Ukita.

Other ways to wearstriped tank and a maxi skirt, maternity skinny jeans post-baby, ballet flats and a pencil skirt, Marc by Marc Jacobs Lil Ukita and a striped dress.


Shop more Marc by Marc Jacobs Ukita bags:
(including the 'new Q', mine is the 'classic Q')






What I wore:

AwayFromBlue | Colourful Accessories with a neutral outfit grey tee black pencil skirt

AwayFromTheBlue | Marc by Marc Jacobs Rock Lobster Lil Ukita Bag Hermes Twilly as bracelet
Tee: Spectrum basic v-neck tee in grey marl
SkirtAsos maternity panelled pencil skirt in tartan check (non-maternity version here)
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs studded mouse flats in grey
Bracelets: the usual plus Hermes twilly worn as a bracelet (Confettis D'ex-Libris from 2009)
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs Little Ukita bag in Rock Lobster

Why I wore it:

Fully embracing the casual side of business casual with a grey tee and a pencil skirt for another day in the office. I'm lucky that my workplace has such a relaxed dress code and I can get away with wearing tees in the middle of the week.

After my Melbourne trip and drooling over some scarves and twillies in Hermes, I decided to get my twilly out again. I really can't pull off the neck scarf look without looking like a flight attendant, but I like wearing it around my wrist. I've done so before, but silk is not the most practical fabric to wear around a toddler so it hasn't been worn much recently. Need to make more of an effort to wear it. It was a nice way to have some colour in my outfit even when I wasn't wearing the bright Ukita bag.


Last worn: grey tee, tartan pencil skirt, studded mouse flats, Marc by Marc Jacobs Little Ukita bag (above).

Other ways to weargrey tee and a colourblock maxi skirt, tartan pencil skirt with brown and orange in third trimester, studded mouse flats and a printed dress, Marc by Marc Jacobs Little Ukita bag in winter.

Video review of the Marc by Marc Jacobs Ukita Bag:





Linking up with Shoe and Tell, Hello Monday, More Pieces of Me, Mix It Monday, Classy Monday, Turning Heads On Trend, Style Sessions, Confident Twosday, Wardrobe Wednesday.





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

68 comments:

  1. That bag really is gorgeous, so I'm not surprised it gets so much attention! You are looking adorable as ever!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great bag Mica! I love it with your red & white top! Looks so chic. It looks like it holds a lot and is easy to carry. Very nice.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does hold a lot! It's a lovely bag :)

      Delete
  3. Ohhmmmyy how i wish i can dress up like you soon lol.
    Love the bags as well

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfits!!
    Have a good day,
    Madalena

    www.maadalenaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right, it's a great bag. Just about the size I like my everyday use bags. Love the top in the first outfit too :) And those mouse flats are the best!

    Have a great week Mica :)

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Ah, no definitely wouldn't fit a laptop :(

      Delete
  7. I can see why it is one of your most clicked items! When buying a nice bag, I usually opt for black or brown thinking I'll get more use out of it. But it's amazing what a red bag does for an outfit and how versatile it is.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few neutral bags, but I like the colourful ones too, like you said it's amazing what a bright bag does for an outfit :)

      Delete
  8. That is definitely a great colored bag! I love wearing bright bags because they seriously go with everythinggggg, haha.
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The scarf on the wrist is really cute! I like your colours in the first outfit, and really love the cute pencil skirt in the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely way to accessorise, I should do it more often!

      Delete
  10. Loving both looks!! That second look is so simple dressy and cute!!


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Recent Post: Winter Casual

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gah, that bag is gorgeous! In fact, I'm one of the clickers haha!
    I am in love with your skirt in the second outfit! I recently got a pair of pants in a similar pattern and you've given me some ideas on how to wear it!

    Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I can see why you'd click on it! :)

      So glad I could give you some ideas for how to wear your pants! :) You can click through and see all the previous times I've worn this skirt too for some more ideas :)

      Delete
  12. I love the idea of wearing the scarf around the wrist. I know exactly what you mean about looking like a flight attendant - that made me smile. The bag is just such a gorgeous colour and a great size too. And I love the hazy stripe effect of your tank.

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it's not a look I can pull off easily, the neck scarf!

      Delete
  13. I love that you are still rocking skirts while pregnant when I was pregnant all I wore was dresses all I ever felt comfortable in haha :)

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a maternity pencil skirt, so it's super comfy with all the trimesters! :)

      Delete
  14. You are the queen of March Jacobs bags...love the crimson pop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh geeze. Flight attendant?! haha Hardly. But I totally get it. I wish I could rock the scarf look. You always pull it off so well. I look like a flower child. Perhaps it's the curls? (;

    I totally remember attempting to tackle buttons. It just wasn't happening. I too resorted to dressing up my casual pieces. Statement necklaces work wonders, yes? (;

    Beautiful bag! Perfect holiday red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I totally look like a flight attendant when I try the neck scarf look...can't pull it off at all! I'd take a flower child look over a flight attendant look any day ;)

      And yes, statement necklaces are wonderful! ;)

      Delete
  16. Cute bump and loving the colours!! :)
    Tatyana
    Secret little Stars
    www.secretlittlestars.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it when we buy something and wear it a lot and realise it has been a really good investment. Lately I have not had many of those, quite the contrary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great to have those investment pieces, but I don't have them all the time either!

      Delete
  18. I agree, that lobster colour is gorgeous. I can see why it's the most clicked. Really great outfit here! <3 Have a great week Mica.
    Stylish Foodie 2.0

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can see why this bag is so popular! It is exceptionally cute! I am in love! Great outfits, Mica!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your plaid skirt!!! Your belly looks more adorable every time
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you wore the scarf on your wrist! My favorite look is no.2!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. That bag is amazing. What a fabulous colour! Wow!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Totally loving the red bag!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great bag! Both outfits are so fun but I'm in love with that pencil skirt! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love everything about this bag - the colour, the softness, the size, the handle and style. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can easily see why that bag gets so many clicks! It is just such a lovely color for a statement bag! Plus it's a practical size, and Marc Jacobs of course!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just adore how your bag perefectly matches your top in the first outfit! :D

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    The Dragonfruit on YouTube!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it?! I can't believe I'd never tried the combination before!

      Delete
  28. I'm not surprised that Marc Jacobs bag is one of your most clicked items - it looks utterly stunning! It really makes the whole outfit looks so much more vibrant. :)

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  29. as always, another great bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It is truly a beautiful bag! The color is amazing. Thanks for sharing. Xo, Ellese

    Rock.Paper.Glam.

    ReplyDelete
  31. OH YAY the bag and the top go together so well in the first outfit, what a great colour on you!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ooh that IS a great bag, I agree that the color is fantastic! I love it with the bright top--such a good color on you! And that pencil skirt + tee look is so fun! That maternity pencil skirt is a great find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of the pieces I'm really glad I bought in my last pregnancy, makes office dressing easy! :)

      Delete
  33. I love you bag collection. They are my weakness and Marc by marc jacobs is one of my brands for casual and everyday bags

    http://dreaminloud.com/cozy-holiday-outfit/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love that bag! Such a fab pop of color

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshie.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. You look so summery and cute! I love the bag as usual.

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  36. That bag looks fabulous with brights or neutrals! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Awesome bag- just love that bright coral color!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  38. The first look is my favorite!
    And I love the baby bump!

    x Krizia

    Shark Attack - Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  39. That bag is stunning and it goes with everything! Colour is absolutely beautiful :)

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. you look so cute in red! that handbag is fantastic!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. The NarcMJacobs bag is such a beautiful bag - the gorgeous colour makes it such a statement piece. Really adds a pop to any outfit

    ReplyDelete
  42. love the pop of red!! :D great bag!

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  43. You are the queen of accessories! Love your style! x

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm definitely a fan of the bold red bag and I always love anytime the mouse flats make an appearance!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  45. Looking great dear.
    I love your skirt on the 2nd photo :)

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your skinny jeans look great on you and I love th eplaid skirt What I need to know is when you started collecting bags, as I love your taste, you know I love great handbags too!
    Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! I've been collecting bags for years, since 2008 when I started getting more 'fun' money to spend from my first proper office job while still living at home.

      Delete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...