Wednesday 17 February 2016

Non-Maternity Tops in The Third Trimester with Denim Shorts and Balenciaga Magenta Day Bag

While I do have a good collection of maternity tops in this pregnancy thanks to the Jeanswest sales, I still want to try wear some regular non-maternity tops as long as possible. I figured I'd best squeeze myself into them before the third trimester baby bump grows too large!


What I wore:

AwayFromBLue | Third Trimester Denim Shorts and Tee outfit bright pink accessories

AwayFromTheBlue | Balenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta silver Tiffany bracelet stack
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers (on sale!)
Necklace: pink beaded disc necklace
TeeAtmos&Here rolled sleeve oversize tee in black (also in grey)
ShortsJeanswest maternity rolled up shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bag: Balenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta

Why I wore it:

I wore the striped version of this tee at 40+ weeks pregnant last time around, so I was confident I'd be able to fit into this black one for a little while. I did forget that I had covered up the neckline with a scarf last time though. I didn't feel very comfortable with this and kept grabbing and pulling at the neckline through the day. If I wear this tee (or any of the other colours I have it in...) again in pregnancy I'll definitely be layering it with something.

Trying to find the last time I wore this black tee, it's been over a year and a half! I'm sure I've worn it more recently, maybe I just can't find the post. Or maybe I just have too many clothes if a great basic like this is hardly worn!

Added the pink bag and necklace for a bit of colour, just a quiet day taking toddler T to his gymboree lesson.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, Atmos&Here black tee, Jeanswest maternity denim shorts, HavaianasBalenciaga magenta day bag.

Other ways to wearAtmos&Here black tee in the office, maternity denim shorts and a floral kimono, Balenciaga magenta day bag in the office.


More great pink bags:






What I wore:

AwayFromBlue | Atmos&Here Arlene wrap top in navy, Jeanswest maternity denim shorts 3rd trimester

AwayFromTheBlue | Balenciaga 05 magenta day bag silver and turquoise bracelets
Necklace: Eye Candy LA gold and turquoise cuff necklace
TankGlassons striped tank in black and white
TopAtmos & Here Arlene wrap top in navy (new purchase)
ShortsJeanswest Georgie maternity boyfriend shorts (available in non-maternity also)
Shoesslim gold Havaianas (on sale!)
Bracelets: the usual plus turquoise and silver beaded bracelet set
Bag: Balenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta

Why I wore it:

This top was one of my boxing day purchases! I mentioned when I bought it that I thought it would be ideal for post-baby wear. The wrap top has a press-stud for modesty which also makes it perfect for breastfeeding, so I'm sure to get a lot of wear out of it.

When my sale parcel arrived, I tried this top on and was pleased to find it easily accommodated the baby bump. I put it away in my wardrobe to wear later and so when I finally got around to wearing it, the bump was much bigger. I was tugging at this top all day also, just trying to pull it down! Definitely won't get worn again until after baby arrives.


Last worn: striped tank, Jeanswest maternity shorts, gold Havaianas, Balenciaga magenta day bag (above). First time I've worn the wrap top as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearstriped tank and a maxi skirt, Jeanswest maternity shorts and the ninja baby tee, Balenciaga magenta day bag and a graphic tee.






Linking up with Fashion Files, Throwback Thursday, #StalkHerStyle, Fun Fashion Friday, Fabulous Friday.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

45 comments:

  1. Love this cute and casual look - the boyfriend jeans are so cute!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bump is so big and lovely and I just really love pregnant women and babies so, immediately I want to sort of feel your bump. Which I know is creepy but yeah.

    You're looking lovely and I think the first top looks most beautiful on you (even though both do)

    Ella Pinto xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Yeah, not a fan of people rubbing my belly. My dog loves it when people rub his belly though! :)

      Delete
  3. Loving the looks! The bag is such a nice color!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so fantastic!
    http://silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore that Balenciaga bag! It's the perfect carry-all!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great size for carrying everything!

      Delete
  6. Oh no, it is shame that blue top won't be worn until after baby arrives, it looks pretty on you! I guess that's the problem with the last weeks of pregnancy, your belly gets bigger faster.

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's really growing in this last trimester!

      Delete
  7. Lucky you! Non maternity was a foreign phrase when I was in my third trimester. I loved in these long tanks from Target and just threw a long sweater over top. It helped that it was winter. I'm sure you run into a lot more problems. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny I think winter would be harder - trying to find layers that coordinate and accommodate a bump!

      Delete
  8. I like the wrap top and think I use to own a similar one... and I do agree that you will be getting your money's worth on this top (and then some more!) as it seems like the perfect items for breast feeding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I'm sure it will be a frequently worn piece post-baby! :)

      Delete
  9. Well both shirts look really cute! Bummer that they were uncomfortable though. I don't think I had very many non-maternity things that fit (other than cardigans, ha!) by the time I was in my third trimester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was really pushing the limits with these, I think it's best to stick to the maternity things I have!

      Delete
  10. Wow, hard to believe it's been such a long time since you've worn a simple black tee! I wear mine constantly. (often times pulling it out of the dirty laundry basket, haha).

    The wrap top looks lovely on you - great color.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm sure it's been worn more recently, has to have been!

      Delete
  11. you know i always love that pop of color from the bag!! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  12. These tops definitely look perfect on you! You're such a stylish momma. :) I hope you get to wear that wrap top pretty soon!!

    Airish
    http://airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally get you with not wearing a thing for a long time being absolutely sure you wear it a bit often, haha.
    Very pretty look and you neckline looked great - necklace fits there very pretty but scarf is safe indeed. :)

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's very eye-opening having the blog as a record of my daily outfits so I can look back and see how long it's actually been between wears for things!

      Delete
  14. Shame they weren't comfy! I love the pop of colour from the bag :) xo

    Hannah

    we are dannah | australian lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that wrap top on you! Your cuff necklace is the perfect accessory!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes, the cleavage situation! With all the belly growth tend to overlook the sizes gained there and find myself surprised whenever it shows...

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, you're so fixed on the growing belly and baby you tend to forget all the growth everywhere else....

      Delete
  17. Super cute Mica! You can't even tell it's non-maternity. And I always love pink as an accent color. That Balenciaga day bag is a dream!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great bag - love the magenta! :)

      Delete
  18. Did you find you were bigger faster the second time around or is that just me. I need to hit up jeans west for their mat jeans too. You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love Jeanswest for their maternity range, it's been perfect for me each time! :)

      I was definitely showing quicker this time around than last time, my stomach muscles were all relaxed after the last one, ha!

      Delete
  19. Super cute look as always, and I'm always a fan of that little pup too!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is very cute, even if he doesn't always want to look at the camera, haha!

      Delete
  20. That bag is absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see how you style your clothes after your little one too!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure to get lots of wear out of these tops post-baby! :)

      Delete
  21. Great look Mica. I like the black tee outfit, but how cool that the surplice top has a press stud, versatility wins in my book.
    Have a great start to the weekend. x
    I've not tried these or Starlooks, but the Urban Decay looks good. Love the photos here, you look great! The lipstick looks lovely on you as well. x
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  22. I totally get what you're saying but you do indeed look adorable and I'm swooning over that bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super adorable and how gorgeous the pink bag is

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh! I love that beautiful bag!!!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. So awesome that you are still wearing non-maternity tops. You look fab! Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. When I was pregnant I found that low-cut tops or typical V-Necks needed like a camisole underneath due to my boobs growing and I have never been a flat-chested girl to begin with. So you make a great point. Granted, towards the end of my pregnancy it was Winter since my daughter is a January baby, but every now and then when I wore a V-neck sweater I made sure to layer underneath it or above it. That second wrap top looks perfect for maternity every day wear. And you are adorable in shorts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I think I would have felt much more comfortable with something layered under or over the top - not used to such giant assets, haha!

      Delete
  27. I'm still crushing on that awesome bag….

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the jewelry you have paired with this! That necklace is gorgeous. I hope you are able to get a lot of wear out of that shirt after the baby comes:)!

    Emily
    Darling, Dearest

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those are some great tops! They look great on you and I love the necklaces with them. Very pretty.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...