Wednesday 22 February 2017

Denim Shorts, Kimonos, Fitted Tanks and Rebecca Minkoff Bags

Two incredibly similar outfits for dealing with the summer heat. Denim shorts, fitted tanks, printed kimonos and Rebecca Minkoff cross body bags.

I've written before about the lack of confidence I had wearing my fitted tanks after my last pregnancy. Since I've decided to embrace the mum-tum in fitted items just as much as I do in my bikini, I've been looking for more changes to wear the large collection of colourful tanks I have. They do make an easy outfit when paired with denim shorts and kimonos too.

What I wore:

Summer kimono denim shorts style grey tank silver bag | Away From Blue

Roie Designs pearl, howlite and hematite beaded bracelets, Rebecca Minkoff silver mini MAC bag | Away From The Blue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
JacketNew Look Petite print kimono
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Ava elephant pendant teething necklace
Tank: ASOS grey singlet
ShortsJeanswest printed denim shorts
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush (on sale!)
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs pearl, howlite and hematite beaded bracelets
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC (on sale in gold!)
NailsOPI Breakfast at Tiffany collection 'I got the mean reds' and 'Sunrise...bedtime'

Why I wore it:

Although this is a simple outfit, it met a lot of style challenges for the day on Instagram. I liked the printed shorts with the printed kimono too, I wasn't sure it would work at first but was happy when I put it on. The shorts have such a subtle print they are easy to wear, and it's not the first time I've worn them with a printed kimono.

This was perfect for a hot day with a couple of errands, Baby Boy's weekly weigh in appointment and then spending the afternoon with my mum.

Took the chance to wear my pretty new Roie Designs bracelets I wore previously here. However I had to take them off when Baby Boy got a little too messy with his pumpkin for lunch - as I was terrified the tassel would get stained. Might need to wait until he's a little less of a messy eater before I can wear it again!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, blue printed kimono, ASOS grey tank, printed denim shorts, studded Georgina sandals, Rebecca Minkoff metallic mini MAC bag.

Other ways to wearblue printed kimono worn with green, ASOS grey singlet and red jeans, printed denim shorts with blue and purple, studded Georgina sandals and maxi dress, Rebecca Minkoff metallic bag and metallic tank.


Denim Shorts Under $50:






What I wore:


Hat: Big W bow detail sunhat
JacketSomedays Lovin' Yakuza print kimono
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Wilma teething necklace in pale daffodil
SingletJeanswest Jenni basic singlet in Emerald green
Shorts: Jeanswest denim cuff shorts
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush (on sale!)
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

This was what I wore to celebrate Australia Day. I knew I wanted to wear green and gold, although just like when I celebrated Chinese New Year my accessories weren't completely gold... managed to meet a few style challenge on Instagram too.

This was a nice comfortable outfit for a picnic by the lake. Almost every year since we've lived in our current house, we've had an annual Australia Day BBQ. This year it all seemed like a little too much to organise, especially after Baby Boy's recent stay in hospital. A quiet picnic (with Subway sandwiches!) was a much better idea for this year.

I really liked the yellow accessories with this bright green tank. I've worn the mustard yellow bag with khaki green before, and liked the combination then too. It's good to have other colour combinations to wear with green after being so unsure how to wear it for many years!


Last worn: sun hat, Somedays Lovin' kimono, green tank, denim shorts, Rebecca Minkoff studded gladiator sandals (above), micro Regan bag in harvest gold.

Other ways to wearsun hat and boho outfit, Somedays Lovin' kimono and maxi skirt, green tank and baby bump, denim shorts and print mixing, Rebecca Minkoff studded gladiator sandals and shirt dress, yellow cross body bag and pink dress.






Kimonos Under $50:







Linking up with Fashion Files, Weekend Wear, Flashback Fashion.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

32 comments:

  1. I find kimono cardigans so comfy! Also, I think it adds a great impact even on just a simple piece such as a tank top. Stay gorgeous and happy! ♥ Hope to hear from you soon!

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are great for adding a little more to an outfit! :)

      Delete
  2. Both outfits are perfect for the season Mica! You look both comfy & chic! :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love both outfits!!
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your kimonos! They make for a great completer piece in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these summery outfits! we've had a heat wave the other day now luckily it cooled down. Fitted tops are quite a challenge ;) I still don't feel comfortable enough to wear them but I appplaude your attitude and it kinda motivates me to do the same! Also, I love those studded sandals! i'd wear them non-stop for summer!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad your heatwave passed quickly! You'd look great in fitted pieces too! :)

      Delete
  6. I really like the second look, the Australia day outfit, the colors are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't wear shorts as often as I used to, because my varicosis, leftover from the pregnancies, is really noticeable right now. I am planning on a consultatuion and probably surgery soon, so hopefully it will be a problem of the past come summer here in Germany.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky my varicose veins aren't too noticeable! Hopefully you feel better after the surgery :)

      Delete
  8. I just love your second outfit! The bright green and yellow are such a happy feeling combination that makes me think of warm weather. I love that yellow necklace, too. I don't think I've seen you wear it before and it really compliments your kimono!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear this teething necklace as much as my other ones which is a shame as it's just as good!

      Delete
  9. I love how you have decided to embrace what you are calling the mum tum because I think you look amazing. The tanks look great on you and pair perfectly with the kimonos. Not to mention they are so practical for summer heat. Love your bags as always!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. A laid-back lakeside picnic sounds like fun! Smart idea to keep it low key too. I love both of these looks, especially those kimonos. I need to pull out my fitted tanks too, I haven't yet felt comfortable wearing anything fitted, but maybe one of these days. I think you look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shea! It's a daunting experience but over time I'm sure you'll be back to form-fitted pieces again. You look great! :)

      Delete
  11. I love your kimonos! Both outfits are great! And I love your yellow bag!

    I bought a very thin kimono last year in Germany and loved wearing it with a tank in summer. I'll have to get some more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can never have too many kimonos I think!

      Delete
  12. I say wear what you want if it makes you happy! You look fabulous in both outfits!
    As usual, I'm always an admirer of your kimono collection! I LOVE the one in your second outfit!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great post, I especially like the little green elephant necklace. How sweet :)

    Laura xo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you look great in fitted tanks! They just suit you so well! You always have a casual cool look about you.

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I do mostly wear casual outfits! :)

      Delete
  15. Your kimonos are so pretty! Both of these outfits look great on you!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it when you wear bright colors! I love the greens and the yellows and the blues all color-mixed together. Although I still can't wrap my head around how its summer in your part of the world--its literally like a different dimension. I also love your choice of bracelets.

    https://cynicalduchess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are gorgeous wearing these outfits! Definitely embrace that baby belly - you're literally creating a life inside you and that is amazing!

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! I'm not pregnant though, my youngest just had his first birthday! :)

      Delete
  18. I totally feel you-- I feel self conscious wearing fitted items but honestly as I go through the day I forget about it and start feeling comfortable. I love how you styled them with the kimonos! It's cute and perfect for the weather :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the stacked bracelets and how you've accessorized these outfits! Have a great weekend :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look beautiful! I think that no matter what size or shape you should feel confident! I love your outfits and how well you layer them!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, confidence is the most important thing - have to be happy and confident in whatever you wear! :)

      Delete
  21. I love both of those bags, but that mustard yellow is just so cute and eye-catching! Both kimonos look fabulous. Great outfits sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you all for your lovely comments - and sharing the love of kimonos!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...