Monday 23 January 2017

Button Up Dresses for Breastfeeding and Balenciaga Bag

You might notice that the outfits below are extremely similar to this previous post. While the weather is warmer and I'm wearing sandals rather than boots, they are pretty much the same outfits. When you like a combination of something it makes sense to wear it in a similar way again. I only have a few breastfeeding friendly dresses too so they will be worn more frequently.

With my 6 months without shopping challenge I'm going to be focusing on wearing more of my wardrobe to hit that 30 wears goal on as many pieces as possible. It would be great to come up with 30 unique ways to wear everything but I'm not aiming for that. Probably an interesting statement on my consumerism that I find wearing something I own 30 times enough of a challenge to not want to add having to make it unique each time, but let's just get onto the outfits.

What I wore:

Jeanswest Rachel Lyocell chambray dress magenta pink accessories teething necklace Balenciaga day bag | AwayFromBlue

Balenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta | AwayFromTheBlue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
DressJeanswest Rachel Lyocell chambray dress (C/O)
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush (on sale!)
BagBalenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta (20% off with code '2017')

Why I wore it:

I adore this dress. When I got it (C/O) back in spring 2015, I mentioned how perfect it was. Sadly the growing baby belly in my pregnancy meant it was unworn for a while and this is only its seventh wear a year and a half later. I couldn't wear it as soon as I wanted to post-baby, but I'm expecting to wear it a lot more now. Especially while it's such a hot summer.

I really like the chambray blue dress and magenta bag combination and I'm pleased the weather was nicer than the last time I wore this! The dress met a few style challenges on Instagram too. Spent the day with my sister, ran a couple of errands and had takeout for dinner. Just a really nice day.


Last worn: Ray-Ban wayfarer, chambray dress, studded gladiator sandals, Balenciaga magenta day bag.

Other ways to wearchambray dress and lace kimono, studded gladiator sandals and denim shorts, Balenciaga magenta day bag and neutral winter outfits.


Breastfeeding Friendly Button Up Dresses Under $50:





Note that these are regular (not maternity/post-maternity) dresses so they are MUCH more affordable than specific breastfeeding clothes. They just happen to have easy access for breastfeeding too!






What I wore:

Jeanswest Nikki printed shirt dress, Balenciaga 2005 magenta day bag studded sandals | Away From Blue

printed shirt dress, Balenciaga rare 2005 magenta chevre hobo day bag | Away From The Blue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Charlotte teething necklace
DressJeanswest Nikki printed shirt dress
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
BagBalenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta

Why I wore it:

Just like last time I wore this dress, it was a quiet day with baby boy's weekly weigh appointment in the morning. Running late so a simple dress was a good go-to option to look pulled together. While this dress is long sleeved it's still nice to wear in summer as you can roll the sleeves up and the fabric isn't too heavy. The colourful teething necklace and magenta Balenciaga bag were perfect for the style challenge on Instagram.

This is another dress that wasn't worn in my last pregnancy but I'm sure will be worn a lot now. This is only it's 4th wear.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer (above), printed shirt dress, studded sandals, Balenciaga magenta day bag (above).

Other ways to wearprinted shirt dress in winter, studded sandals and denim shorts, Balenciaga magenta day bag and maternity pencil skirts.


Linking up with Grace & Lace, Modest Monday, Mums That Slay, On Trend, Turning Heads, Confident Twosday, Style Sessions, Midweek Inspo, What I Wore.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

34 comments:

  1. Dresses are so easy and comfortable in the summer, I love them a lot. I didn't have any breastfeeding ones though, or even button ups, but both my kids are winter kids and I stopped at about four months, so it wasn't really needed.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we're breastfeeding longer than I did first time around so having these pieces has been great for the warm weather! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy new day!Your beautiful portraits always make me eager for summer! Dresses are my summer fav! I love how your bag add a special touch to both looks! Good luck with your challenge and have a blessed week!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dresses you wore. I'm 6 months pregnant and fretting that nothing in my wardrobe is particularly breast feeding friendly. I have loads of tunic dresses that would mean basically sitting there with my dress nearly to my head!
    Good luck with your 30 wears challenge, that's dope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can find some other alternatives - I haven't worn dresses much, separates are easier to lift! :) I have a video on youtube with some breastfeeding outfit ideas too. https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=HZC9m7Xw__8

      Delete
  4. Yes, trying to think of 30 unique ways to wear something does feel like a huge challenge! Shopping bans are a good time to really take stock of your closet, and hopefully make the most of it.
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm hoping I enjoy my wardrobe so much it makes me less likely to buy when my challenge is over! :)

      Delete
  5. I love the way the blues in both of these dresses make the magenta colored bag really pop! I'm really excited to see this 6 months free of shopping journey play out for you! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to see how it goes too! :)

      Delete
  6. Love both looks. It makes sense to wear easy button-down dresses for its practicality. And who doesn't have an outfit formula that works for them? I certainly do!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spent the weekend with my cousin who has a 6 month old and quickly found out how important it is to think about your clothing when you are breastfeeding. Turtle necks are not a good options but button downs definitely are! I love your Balenciaga bag! It's to die for!

    xoxo Rina
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you spend a lot of time feeding a baby, haha!

      Delete
  8. That bag really is gorgeous against the chambray! I can't imagine how breastfeeding can add another layer of complication to an outfit! But these dresses and accessories are perfect for camouflaging that!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving that pretty pink Balenciaga, lady! And your dress is definitely perfect for breastfeeding on the go- and not sacrificing any style points!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a fan of chambray and pullover dresses Mica. You're going to do just fine with your wardrobe challenge.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That purse can make any outfit stand out!! It's beautiful!
    jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bag is fabulous! I love the color, and it looks like it's a great size! Cute dresses, too!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mica, love the ease of dressing here and the chambray so pretty! I am in love with the magenta colored B bag Love the puppy photobomb too!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The chambray and magenta bag work beautifully Mica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the second dress and I can see that the fabric is light enough for summer and it's a touch flowy too. I really need to try wearing more skirt and dresses but out of habit I always reach for jeans.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeans are my go-to in the cooler months, but I try mix it up with dresses now and then :)

      Delete
  16. Such cute looks! I love the pop of pink from your bag!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I envy your weather! It's freezing here in London! Love the pink bag, it ties in really well with the outfits. Looking fabulous x
    www.vanityandmestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are both cute dresses, breastfeeding or not! I love the way you can switch them up with different colored accessories and bags!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this denim dress. It's so pretty and I love how it could be used for multiple Seasons.

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  20. A 6 month shopping challenge sounds so good; I feel like I should do one too! You look super cute; I love the denim dress!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting to try! :) I'm enjoying it so far!

      Delete
  21. Love both of these looks. Dresses are my favorite to wear during warmer months. Loving both necklaces too!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. when I have a baby good to know about the button up dresses

    Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  23. These sandals are so pretty and I love your bag!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. You can't go wrong with a good denim dress, especially when you're breastfeeding. Loving your pink bag, so on trend. Thanks for linking up with #MumsThatSlay x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks all for your lovely comments :) It really is a gorgeous bag! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...