Monday 13 February 2017

Tees, Denim Shorts and Kimonos with Balenciaga Tempete Day Bag

Last year's pregnancy go-to outfit of denim shorts and kimono is still a favourite combination this summer too. While in pregnancy I was appreciating slouchy tees for how well they accommodated a growing baby belly, I like them post baby too as they hide a little mum-tum.

What I wore:

OneTeaspoon Hawks denim shorts, printed kimono, wine tee Balenciaga day bag | AwayFromBlue

Balenciaga tempete giant hardware Day bag | AwayFromTheBlue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
JacketSomedays Lovin' Yakuza print kimono
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Ava elephant pendant teething necklace
TeeAtmos&Here rolled sleeve oversized tee in wine (similar in black or grey)
ShortsOneTeaspoon Hawks shorts in Fox black (C/O, on sale!)
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

Simple shorts and tee outfit with some added colour and interest with the printed kimono for a busy morning. Viewing a possible plot of land for house building, Baby Boy's weekly weigh and an extra doctor's appointment for him. Phew!

The outfit met a few style challenges on Instagram, as I'd planned it out in my head the night before. I thought the tee and colours in the print of the kimono would work nicely together, and the black shorts as I felt the outfit needed something neutral. I put it on, glanced in the mirror and thought it looked okay. When I looked at the photos later to put one up on Instagram I wasn't so sure. I'm pleased I gave the combination a try, and I don't think it looks that bad, it's just not as great as I'd imagined it would be in my head!


Last worn: Ray-Ban WayfarerSomedays Lovin' kimono, purple tee, OneTeaspoon Hawks shorts, studded sandals, Balenciaga tempete day bag.

Other ways to wearSomedays Lovin' kimono and jeans, purple tee and winter layers, OneTeaspoon Hawks shorts in spring, studded sandals and printed skirt, Balenciaga tempete day bag and pink blazer.


More Printed Kimonos Under $50:







What I wore:

navy printed kimono, red tee, Jeanswest trinity denim Bermuda short, Balenciaga day bag | Away From Blue

Balenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete | Away From The Blue
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Charlotte teething necklace
TeeZalora Basics maroon stepped t-shirt
ShortsJeanswest Trinity Bermuda denim shorts (currently on sale!)
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

Another shorts and tee outfit topped off with a kimono. Red isn't a colour I wear often (although I love my red handbags), but I enjoy wearing it when I do. I wanted to add something to this outfit so the printed kimono was perfect. I like blue and red together. The colour combo achieved a few style challenges for the day on Instagram too. Nice and comfortable for a trip to the library for rhyme time with the boys.

Unlike the outfit above, the kimono was a last minute addition to this outfit that I hadn't planned in advance. I actually liked this outfit more though! What do you think?


Last worn: navy printed kimono, red tee, bermuda denim shorts, studded sandals (above), Balenciaga tempete day bag (above).

Other ways to wearnavy printed kimono and skinny jeans, red tee in winter, bermuda denim shorts and green tank, studded sandals and shirt dress, Balenciaga tempete day bag and maxi skirt.




More Balenciaga Day Bags:







Linking up with On Trend, Turning Heads, Style Sessions, Wardrobe Wednesday, What I Wore.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

43 comments:

  1. I quite like the first look. I think that top and printed kimono work well together! Also the print on that blue kimono is just lovely.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are certainly some lovely picks, sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the second outfit as well, but then again red is my favorite color.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like the second outfit a bit more too...but the first one is also lovely. It is just that I think this red top really suits you well. You should wear more red. Great outfits, both of them. Shorts plus a top is a good choice for Summers. It will be a while before I can try it:) but I will surely wear it this Summer too.

    I love both necklaces btw. You wear statement necklaces so well. I think such necklaces are a lovely way to personalize our outfits!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new week! All super cute looks and thanks for the inspiration always especially with styling kimono tops! Have a beautiful week ahead!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimono is a perfect for the hot summer days!! :)
    ♥NY
    Yours Truly, NY | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't beat a slouchy tee I don't think!

    Thankfifi.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that first kimono! Super cute. Happy Monday!

    Liz
    Www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your kimono collection but I actually think I prefer the first one (though both looks are great). The pattern on it is gorgeous!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has happened to me quite a lot too. I love the idea of an outfit in my head, when it's on, but when I see it in photos, I have a change of heart. I've also found that my outfits that are not planned, rather last minute, are the ones I love both on and in photos, so weird. I guess I don't give myself too much time to contemplate and plan things through that makes it all work. That said, I like both outfits, especially the last one, the red looks good on you. Thanks for sharing and have a great week!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,that's a good point! I think when you don't spend a while thinking about it you don't overly plan and just enjoy what you put together :)

      Delete
  11. Looking at a plot of land for house building?! How exciting!! I really like the patterns of both kimonos. Maybe I'll branch out and try a kimono once the weather warms up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! it's slow going, but we are still trying to find our perfect home!

      Delete
  12. I'm drawn to the second look as red looks so good on you Mica !
    And oh wow what a feat to find a lot to then build ! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena. Not easy to find land where we want to live either!

      Delete
  13. Definitely a winning combination! Your kimonos are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mum Yum, love that! And love your comfy tee. I love the first look cos of course its purple. Cute elephant necklace.


    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like both looks! I'm jealous that you can go out with shorts on while I have to bundle up. :( I hate the cold.

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Though I typically don't like red, the 2nd look is definitely my favorite. It works so well with the kimono and bermuda shorts :)

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love both of these relaxed summer looks! The colored tees, bag, and kimono really add interest!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i like both combos!!
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love a kimonos and slouchy tee. And that bag is beautiful! Both outfits are great!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, this outfit is also perfect if one is not pregnat! Personally I'm a huge love of denim shorts and together with the kimonos you created perfect combinations!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both looks are fun, and I love the red on you!! I like the first look too, although I hate it when I love something in my head but not as much in real life :) Hope baby boy is doing okay and you got some good news from the doctor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shea! :) Poor little guy has so many appointments!

      Delete
  22. Loving these looks, babe- I'm such a sucker for Balenciaga!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can see why this combination would be a go to look for you since it's stylish and put together without being fussy. Hope you're enjoying a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your light kimono layers to dress up your tees and shorts, and I think the red and blue combo works really well.
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great piece. Please check out my Anti-LOVE-Valentines post!

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    Instagram @alionawithlove

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the versatility of a kimono! I think they suit everyone and look amazing :)


    Adrianna

    http://mimamochi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cute teething necklaces! Especially the elephant one!

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  28. Don’t you just hate it when that happens? Though, I do think the outfit looks nice!

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that looks! It's probably my on to go looks I use th most during summer (even though I don't need to hide tummy). I wish I would wear the alike set now.
    P.S. I love your bag

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  30. You really nailed the pregnancy style! These outfits are perfect for when you aren't even pregnant, so diverse! Amazing style x

    Aicha | the fashion heist

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey Mica, I love the kimono top and I don't think the whole outfit looks too bad! In my head a canary yellow top similar to what features on the kimono might also work! But then again, that might only work in my head ahaha

    The Hidden Thimble

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, and I have worn a yellow tank with this kimono before, need to try it again :)

      Delete
  32. Before I even read the first sentence, I was going to say how much you always put together shorts+kimonos. You wore these for some busy mum days with the kids, phew! Love the kid-friendly necklace, great color pops!

    ReplyDelete
  33. The elephant teething necklace is so cute! Love your outfits as usual Mica :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  34. You look great in these denim shorts! I have a pair that I love wearing in the summer. Great steel blue color of your bag and darling necklace Mica!
    thanks for linking with turning heads tueaday!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Its a really nice combination Mica! I love your kimono selection. I didn't know your husband was Asian. Now it all makes sense.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Excuse me while I copy your maternity style. (; I always loved that first kimono. Something about the colors is just super calming! I can't wait until it's warmer here and I can start wearing all my kimonos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha go right ahead! It's so easy, that's why I wore it so much! :)

      Delete
  37. Thank you all for your kind comments and opinions on the outfit feeling not quite right.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...