Friday 13 October 2017

Printed Dresses and Ankle Boots for Spring with Neon Pink Mini MAC Bag

Even though we had a pretty mild winter, it's always exciting to start wearing dresses with bare legs again. When it's the start of spring and still a little cooler, ankle boots are an essential.

My neon pink Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC bag is a cute and colourful accessory, but I don't just reserve it for spring, it works brilliantly year-round.

What I wore:

aztec print back dress, ankle boots, denim jacket pink cross body bag for spring | Away From Blue

neon pink rebecca minkoff mini MAC bag with little black dress | Away From The Blue

awayfromblue isntagram little black dress denim jacket and ankle boots for spring with pink bag
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
Dress: Kmart Aztec print tiered little black dress
ShoesRMK Chester black ankle boots
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs pearl, howlite and hematite beaded bracelets
BagRebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC

Why I wore it:

The style challenge for the day was pretty in pink, which made the pink accessories an obvious choice. I love how the neon pink mini MAC looks with the little black dress too. It's funny, I was in Kmart the other day and saw that they have this same style dress in pink now. I still think this black dress will work nicely in spring and summer, but if you want something a little brighter for spring definitely check it out!

Wearing the denim jacket with the dress is one of the outfit combinations I thought of when I first bought this dress. I have so many outfit ideas still, definitely a good buy.

I just wore this to work from home and do the daycare drop off and pick up, but I added the teething necklace anyway. While I wasn't around the boys during the day, I love the colours of this necklace with the mini MAC bag, and the colour it adds to the black dress.


Last worn: denim jacket, black tiered dress, black ankle boots, neon pink mini MAC.

Other ways to wear: denim jacket worn 30 waysblack tiered dress worn two ways, black ankle boots in the office, neon pink mini MAC and denim shorts.

Perfect for pregnancy: denim jacket and hidden first trimester bump, ankle boots and pregnancy announcement.



Ankle Boots Under $50:







What I wore:

navy stripe tee dress for spring with Chelsea leather ankle boots neon pink mini MAC | AwayFromBlue

navy stripe dress with cobalt bracelet and neon pink Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC | AwayFromTheBlue

awayfromblue instagram spring stripe tee dress and ankle boots pink mini MAC
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Feather pendant in peach (C/O)
DressAtmos&Here navy stripe tee dress
ShoesAsos leather Chelsea boots in tan
Bracelets: the usual plus House of Harlow sunburst wrap bracelet in cobalt
BagRebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC

Why I wore it:

A warmer spring day so the extra layer of a denim jacket needed above wasn't necessary. Still good to have ankle boots on though, and the long sleeves of this dress came in handy. I felt this dress was due another wear. One of my favourite pieces a few years back, it's been neglected recently as it was boxed away during pregnancy and breastfeeding. With the thick fabric and longer sleeves, there might not be many more opportunities to wear it again this year so I took the chance while I could. This time I wore it is still one of my favourite outfits ever.

Was a busy morning, errands, groceries and taking toddler T for a haircut before going out for lunch followed by dinner at the inlaws in the evening. I ended up using my Ergo baby carrier in the backwards position so that I could back carry Baby Boy and still wear my bag easily without it slipping off my shoulder. I'm thrilled to have a new way to babywear after learning at the ABA mum's group recently.

Much like the dress, this cobalt bracelet hasn't been worn a lot recently. Last time was when I was pregnant! I didn't overly accessorise while Baby Boy was little, but now that the boys are getting bigger it's nice to pick out some extra bracelets to wear. Although teething necklaces are still the safest and most practical neckwear option to wear around the toddlers!


Last worn: navy stripe tee dress, Chelsea leather ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff pink mini MAC (above).

Other ways to wearnavy stripe tee dress in winter, Chelsea leather ankle boots and burgundy pants, Rebecca Minkoff pink mini MAC and maxi skirt.

Perfect for pregnancy: stripe dress and second trimester bump, Chelsea ankle boots and chambray in second trimester.



Printed Dresses For Spring Under $50:








How You can Wear It:


Dresses and ankle boots is such a simple and quick outfit idea for spring. It works just as well in autumn too, although as the weather cools you may need to add an extra layer like a denim jacket or even tights.


Linking up with Mix It Monday, Hello Monday, On Mondays We Link Up.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

30 comments:

  1. The pop of pink from the bag looks lovely! Have a great weekend.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! You accessorized both looks perfectly. The boots add a comfy and chic element to the outfit! The pink bag compliments well and I agree definitely a season to season item. Have a blessed rest of the week!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, such a gorgeous hot pink shade - really striking! Your blog has definitely introduced me to a world of Rebecca Minkoff bags haha. Hope you have a lovely weekend!!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will always love this bag, and the bright pink is such a fun shade of it. Looks great with your dresses! I always love when the seasons start to change, and I can change up my clothes.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always strange to see Spring on your side and I'm in Autumn. LOL! I wish it's Spring again here but I can't leave the house without a jacket anymore.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it's funny when the seasons change! :)

      Delete
  6. Both of these looks are so fun, but I love the first one so much! I want every single part of it--such a perfect look Mica! And yay for re-discovering old favorite dresses. I can't wait to do the same once I'm finished pumping (very, very soon, hooray!).
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shea! :) It is a nice way to celebrate the end of the breastfeeding journey.

      Delete
  7. Love the Rebecca Minkoff bag, so chic!

    xox Falasha
    www.bitemyfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love mac mini bags! very nice outfit with boots!
    so cute

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the first look more, but those ankle boots really spiced up both outfits. Also, pink back is super cute, I wish I had something similar :)
    Would you like to follow each other ? Let me know: shoppingholic-dreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them both! And I think I would definitely carry that bag year round as well - too cute to be hidden (even in the colder months)!

    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the dress in the first one. It's totally something I would wear. The teething necklace is cool!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I LOVE this pink bag! And yes to all the teething jewelry with these little ones! Thanks for sharing <3

    xoxo,
    Amanda
    misslulupearlblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this pretty neon bag. Lovely!
    Nistha
    https://www.fashionistha.com/blushing-in-palazzo-pants/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mica, your fluro pink RM bag is STUNNING! Oh my gosh!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look stunning! 💛💛💛

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous dresses, I just love dark blue xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how fun those bright accessories are with your dark dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The pink gives it a fun pop of color, looking gorgeous!

    Camila,
    My Vogue Style | www.myvoguestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the bright pink paired with darker colors in the outfit! I am looking forward to wearing my printed dresses again soon! I love thicker jersey dresses. They are so comfortable to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  20. you are such a cutie!
    kisses from the sandpit ☀️☀️
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look really young, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. It seems I am having technical issues with getting these comments on. But I do want to say that I love your printed dresses and is very chic ankle boots. I love the bright pink that you added to these outfits with that gorgeous handbag .
    Xoox, Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you solved the technical issues ELle - I do enjoy your comments :)

      Delete
  23. I love both looks! It's amazing that such a statement bag can be so versatile. :)

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love both dresses. The first looks so cool in denim. Glad you got black, because you will be able to wear it more. LOVE the striped dress. Those are so cool! They make that design in tshirts as well. Big fan of both.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm a big fan of stripes in any form! :) haha!

      Delete
  25. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...