Monday 17 April 2017

Shorts, Navy Prints and Rebecca Minkoff Quilted Love Bag

Blue is my favourite colour. I'm trying to not wear it every single day and use some other colours in my wardrobe. If I'm having a bad day, not feeling great or anxious about something, I'll usually try and wear a little bit of blue though. It's one of the colours that just makes me feel happy when I wear it. I wore navy in both of the outfits below, trying to give myself a little boost as I was feeling unwell.

What I wore:

navy monochrome printed shorts marle tee outfit with grey Love bag | Away From Blue

silver bracelet stack, printed shorts, Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey | Away From The Blue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
TeeAtmos & Here Avery marle tee in navy (on sale!)
ShortsJeanswest 'Scarlette' printed shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

I shared a little more than I usually do when I posted this outfit picture to Instagram. It was one of those days where I wasn't feeling great but had to go out anyway, to go get groceries and run some errands. We were running behind as usual, Toddler T decided to keep popping into the frame as I tried to get outfit photos, and a clingy cranky baby needing lots of cuddles meant my tee was a little more crumpled than usual. 😅 You might see an okay looking picture here on the blog, but as with every photo you see online, a picture never tells the full story. Don't compare yourself to someone else's little square on Instagram.

I'd been looking at this tee in my wardrobe and thinking it was overdue a wear for a while, so when I hurriedly tried to find something to wear that morning I just needed something to wear with it. I thought I'd see what the shorts looked like, as I've worn this printed pair with other navy tops in the past and liked the resulting monochrome outfit. Despite it not being the best day and not feeling well, I did really like this outfit. I enjoyed wearing it too, these shorts are beautifully lightweight and with a soft, loose tee it was like wearing my pyjamas!

The grey Rebecca Minkoff Love bag was the perfect accessory with this outfit - wanted something nice and neutral as I wasn't sure if the marle on the tee and the print on the shorts would be too busy. I think they worked nicely together.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, navy marle tee, printed navy shorts, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff quilted Love bag.

Other ways to wearnavy marle tee and purple jeans, printed navy shorts and pink vest, Rebecca Minkoff quilted Love bag and chambray.


Where to Buy Rebecca Minkoff Love Cross Body Bags:







What I wore:

floral navy kimono blue and green denim shorts outfit | AwayFromBlue

Floral Kimono, Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey | AwayFromTheBlue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
JacketCotton On 'Gemma' cocoon kimono in Laos blossom navy print
Necklace: Ruby Olive Softies Charlotte teething necklace
Tank: Jeanswest Jenni basic singlet in Emerald green
Shorts: Jeanswest Trinity Bermuda denim shorts (on sale!)
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey

Why I wore it:

Wore this on Saint Patrick's Day, of course I had to wear a little bit of green! The extra colour was another mood-boosting attempt too, although I was feeling a bit better on the day I wore this. Well enough to attend my local mother's group catch up without worrying about passing anything on to the bubs, and run a quick errand.

It's funny it's taken me so long to embrace green and blue together, as I think this navy printed kimono is perfect with the green tank! It's not the first time I've worn this kimono with green, but it is definitely one of my favourite ways I have worn it.

Again I picked my Rebecca Minkoff quilted Love bag, a nice neutral grey bag works well when you're wearing a lot of colour in your outfit.


Last wornRay-Ban Wayfarer (above), floral kimono, green tank, Bermuda denim shorts, studded sandals, Rebecca Minkoff quilted Love bag (above).

Other ways to wearfloral kimono and jeans, green tank at 39 weeks pregnant, Bermuda denim shorts and button up shirt, studded sandals and maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff quilted Love bag and maxi dress.



More Places to Buy Neutral Rebecca Minkoff Love Bags:







How You Can Wear It: 



Navy pieces are so versatile. A neutral bag and outfit doesn't mean boring. The neutral colours let you be more adventurous in your clothing choices and try different combinations of prints and colours. A grey bag in a classic shape like this Rebecca Minkoff love bag is a good accessory with any outfit!


Linking up with Turning Heads, Trend Spin, On Trend, Wardrobe Wednesday, Fashion Frenzy.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

67 comments:

  1. I am not a fan of blue on myself, even though I have been wearing a lot more blue eyeshadow lately. If I need a mood booster, I pick something red, usually lipstick or top.

    And you are so right, never compare yourself to an Instagram picture, it never tells the whole story.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think everyone has a mood booster colour! Red is a good one :)

      Delete
  2. I love your bag! I have a bigger, caramel-colored Rebeccas Minkoff bag that I use for work and I absolutely love it!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always thought of myself as a pink fan, but then after really taking a look at my wardrobe, I'm almost always wearing blue. It's very flattering on you!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Rebecca Minkoff bag is so chic! I love your printed shorts too!

    By Lauren M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue looks great on you! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love blue, it suits you so well too, I also really love your Rebecca Minkoff bag, it goes beautifully with both outfits. I hope you're feeling better now.

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
    My Instagram | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I wasn't feeling unwell long!

      Delete
  7. The first outfit is my favourite! Really cute!!

    xx Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been totally getting into blue lately, especially really deep, rich blues. Those shorts are very cute (my days of short shorts are over!), and you rock a kimono better than anyone I know! A good reminder not to compare oneself to others online. Even after all these years, I look at my crappy 3 poses and sometimes wish I had all that fancy stuff (photo editing, etc.). However, on the other hand, no thank you to more time blogging! I think I do quite enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you could still rock shorts! It's all about what you're comfortable with though :) And yes, I like blogging but don't want it to take up any more time, I know what you mean!

      Delete
  9. Such great looks for spring! You look lovely!

    Auna | http://simplyauna.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww dear I hope you're feeling better now. I agree with you, if you wouldn't have shared the story behind that first photo I could easily think everything was 100% fine. Thanks for sharing that with us.
    I truly loved that first outfit and yes, we all have some color or particular item we tend to go to whenever we need an extra boost of confidence of motivation. And you always look amazing wearing blue!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, there's always a story behind a picture that you can't see!

      Delete
  11. That green and kimono outfit is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't compare yourself to someone else's little square on Instagram--I love that Mica! I find myself doing just that sometimes and I have to stop myself. Both of these looks are so pretty--I love those printed shorts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tricky behaviour to stop, but being aware of our tendency to compare helps stop it I think :)

      Delete
  13. I LOVE blue as well, I don't wear it often though. I prefer to opt for blue accessories instead. You looked great and I hope your dad improved <3

    Michaela
    www.graceandcoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. yout st patrick day's outfit is really cute. Green looks amazing on you!!
    x,abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous bag, I love the pop of green from the tee in the second look. You look stunning both ways though.

    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/2017/04/a-bouquet-of-florals.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you're feeling better Mica! Love that blue is your mood boosting colour. I have to try and weat other colours than black and grey! That Rebecca Minkoff bag is just gorgeous and looks like the righr size for mamas, must look into it. Hope you're having a better week so far xx

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You come up with such great neutral outfits though! I always can't resist adding a little colour, ha!

      Delete
  17. Nice bag <3

    Federica Di Nardo
    http://federicadinardo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never wore blue and now I have so many navy pieces in my wardrobe, it's crazy! Totally agree with look better, feel better. So easy to wear something sloppy when you don't feel well and then you feel even worse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think I'm lucky I'm one of those people who can dress up to feel better - good trick to have! :)

      Delete
  19. I really love wearing blue and I think it is a flattering color! It looks great on you! I think that floral kimono is so cute!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I noticed that you love blue, and I have to say, blue color looks very pretty on you, so don't feel guilty if you wear it too often. You look amazing in these shorts. xx

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love those printed shorts, and your kimono is so fun!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. love your colorful necklace! thanks for linking up to the On Trend Tuesdays linkup!

    xx,
    kileen
    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love how you paired the purse with blue. it looks good :)

    http://anaturellecraving.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  24. My pick goes to the floral top, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope you are feeling better now! I love blue too especially navy and I also love neutrals bags especially your beautiful Love bag here. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look great xx
    www.basicallyalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. If wearing blue makes you happy I think you should totally wear it everyday ;) I'm the same with wearing black! I think green and blue look gorgeous together, especially the two shades you were wearing. Hope you're feeling better now!

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I wasn't unwell for long! :) I think it's nice to try different colours now and then, although I fall back on blue a lot!

      Delete
  28. I'm a big fan of blue! I can understand why it is your fav colour...and I do get why you wanted to wear it when you were feeling unwell. I believe in colour therapy in the sense that there are such things as our happy colour. This first look is very cute. I hope you are feeling better.

    I really like the second outfit too. Green and blue is a great combo!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - colour therapy explains it exactly! :)

      Delete
  29. It's true, we always do just try and show the best bits and leave out the rest... but that doesn't mean the wrinkled clothes, late mornings and feelings of anxiety aren't there.

    I do appreciate how sometimes a good outfit (or a favorite color) can make things just a little bit better.
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! it's hard to remember that when we see 'perfection' online - they have the same stories behind things as we do!

      Delete
  30. love blue but I always struggle with matching it! it's great with the green top

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the navy with the printed shorts and your grey bag. Blue is one of my favorite colors to wear too. I love your reminder about not comparing. There is always more to the story than what is in the photo, and it is so easy to forget that when we just see a little square. Sorry you had a rough day! Your green is definitely mood boosting.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all have rough days from time to time :) Good to remember others do to, and we never see the full story!

      Delete
  32. You look super cute! Love the summer vibe! =)


    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can definitely see why you are a fan of blue clothing! That color suits you perfectly. I don't typically have blue in my wardrobe (aside from my denim) but decided to venture out of my comfort zone recently and purchase a few things in blue!

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey, glad you could try something different! Green is my 'branching out' colour, haha!

      Delete
  34. Blue suits you really well and my favourite has to be the first outfit! Very casual and yet very flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like blue, too! I joke that my closet is like a bruise because my clothes are mainly black or blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the bag, so timeless and chic <3

    ReplyDelete
  37. Loveeeeee the blue kimono. I just sent mine to the thrift store last week and saw it hanging there today. I do hope that the day got better and if you like blue and it lifts your spirit, wear it everyday Mica ! I think that blue looks beautiful on you and brings your eye color our. Oh and I loved this:
    Don't compare yourself to someone else's little square on Instagram.
    Well said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sad yours is gone but someone will love it! :)

      Delete
  38. Blue is definitely a calming, happy color for me too! And it's so easy to wear because it goes with practically everything! Love the blue pieces in these looks, especially that pretty floral kimono!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I’m always amazed at you being able to get so many outfit photos when you have two little ones to look after! You’re such an inspiration Mica! I love how you have a colour that makes you happy when you wear it. I want to choose one for myself for “those” days. Hopefully it works for me too!

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it does work for you! :) And it can be a struggle some days getting a pic - lots of toddler wrangling going on beforehand haha!

      Delete
  40. I love this colour! It is perfect for the summer and defiantly flattering for all kinds of styles. I really like the way you styled this tone here, especially your gorgeous bag ;)
    http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2017/04/the-chic-memo-summers-new-hue.html

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love blue and I think it looks so good on so many skin tones... which is probably why I wear it so much haha! I love those printed shorts and that kimono is way too cute!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love wearing navy too! It's a very flattering shade next to most people's skin tones.

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is definitely my favorite Rebecca Minkoff bag in your collection! I love anything quilted and the color can easily match any outfit. :)

    Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl
    YouTube
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  44. Sorry to hear you were having a day with the boys. I never try to look too hard into someone's IG photos. I know that a beautiful home decor post isn't as it seems, and out of frame, there's probably children destroying it. (; It's always tough when we don't feel our best and our kiddos are extra needy that day. I hope you are better now and that you get a few moments to yourself. Also, blue is my favorite color too! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, framing a photo can hide a lot!

      Delete
  45. Mica
    Love the jean shorts with the kimono such a pretty print! I have the light grey verion of your bag and use it all of the time
    Have a great weekend
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. It's so funny, because looking at these pictures I would've never known all of that was going on in the background. Love both outfits. Navy looks so good on you.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...