Monday 15 January 2018

Zara Jersey Blazer For The Office With Printed Skirts and Louis Vuitton Neverfull

I've shared before that one of my secrets to getting out the door to work on time despite having two kids is to lay out my outfits the night before. It saves so much time in the mornings!

I'd actually had these outfits planned out for a week before I wore them. With sickness hitting the boys and a late night hospital dash, my week was thrown off and I ended up taking some time off. Thankfully everyone is better. I only made it into the office once that week, so I decided to wear a mood boosting dress instead on the only day I made it in, and saved these outfits for the next week. It was nice to finally wear them!

What I wore:

printed pleated a-line skirt for office with black tank and jersey blazer LV neverfull | awayfromblue

mustard printed a-line skirt with Louis Vuitton damier azur MM neverfull bag | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram summer officewear business casual mustard pleated skirt black blazer LV nervfull tote
Jacketthrifted Zara black blazer
NecklaceEye Candy LA 'Sasha' statement necklace
Top: Zalora basics ruffle hem tank in black
Skirt: Garfunkle Australia pleated print skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats (on sale in black!)
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull

Why I wore it:

It's not the first time I've worn this peplum tank tucked into a skirt, but I think this is my favourite way of wearing it. I'd been looking for a plain black top to wear with this skirt when I saw this top and realised it would be perfect if I hid the peplum under the pleats. As I'd managed to catch what the boys had and wasn't feeling the best, I added a colourful statement necklace. A trick I often use to try draw attention away from my tired eyes! With all of the black, I felt that the loud statement necklace and printed skirt worked nicely together, although I wasn't sure at first when thinking up what to wear. I really liked the gold mouse flats with this too.

Despite not feeling 100%, and wishing a few times I'd been contagious enough to get the day off work, I did love this outfit and felt happy with it. A little more energy and voice would have been good though, ha!


Last worn: black jersey blazer, black peplum tank, pleated a line skirt, gold mouse flats, Louis Vuitton damier azur bag.

Other ways to wearblack jersey blazer over a tee dress, black peplum tank and kimono, pleated a line skirt and graphic tee, gold mouse flats and ruffle dress, Louis Vuitton damier azur bag for the beach.

Perfect for pregnancyblack jersey blazer and hidden baby bump, black peplum tank in first trimester, pleated a line skirt in second trimester, gold mouse flats and maternity wrap dress, Louis Vuitton damier azur bag in second trimester.


Jersey Blazers Under $50:







What I wore:

subtle print mixing office outfit silk a-line skirt with black tee and jersey blazer, green and black | away from blue

Louis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull | away from the blue blog

awayfromblue Instagram subtle print mix office outfit silk a-line skirt jersey blazer
Jacketthrifted Zara black blazer
NecklaceStarfish Project Hannah turquoise bead necklace
Tee: thrifted Mix Apparel black space dye tee
SkirtFrench Connection silk leaf print skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs black logo plaque ballet flats
Bracelets: the usual
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull

Why I wore it:

I was so excited to wear this outfit a few days after the one above, as it was my last day in the office before a few weeks leave.  However I was in a bit of a rush and grabbed this black blazer from the front of my wardrobe instead of the cream one I'd originally planned.

Instead of a plain black top like I had above, I picked my space dye black tee. I thought it was a subtle enough print that it wouldn't compete with the leaf print of the skirt. With the same blazer, similar skirt, statement necklace, Louis Vuitton neverfull, Marc Jacobs flats though...this looks incredibly similar to the outfit above. It's the same outfit formula, I just forgot to change up the jacket to make it look a little more different.

Loved this outfit as much as the top one, but for my last day before leave I think I was going to be happy no matter what I wore! Did have a mad last few hours trying to fit everything in and get everything done before I left, but otherwise it was a good day. This skirt always makes me feel good, even though being silk it doesn't get worn much at all around the toddlers! Perfect for the office.


Last worn: black jersey blazer (above), space dye tee, leaf print silk skirt, black ballet flats, Louis Vuitton neverfull (above).

Other ways to wearblack jersey blazer and pencil skirt, space dye tee and khaki shorts, leaf print silk skirt and lace tank, black ballet flats and skinny jeans, Louis Vuitton neverfull and gold jeans.


Perfect for pregnancyblack jersey blazer at 39 weeks, leaf print silk skirt in first trimesterLouis Vuitton neverfull at 38 weeks.



Printed Skirts Under $50:







How You Can Wear It:

A neutral like black is a nice choice to wear with a colourful printed skirt. The black tops and blazer work so well in these outfits as the skirts both have black in them too. Picking a colour from the print on the skirt and wearing that on top is another good way to go if you don't have any neutral tops that work.


Linking up with Mix It Monday, Confident Twosday, On Trend, Turning Heads, Trend Spin, Style Sessions.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

79 comments:

  1. I think if you're going to work a formula - and there's NOTHING wrong with having a few that work for you! - this is the way to do it! Awesome looks here, Mica - as someone else who also plans out my outfit the night before, it makes such a huge difference in getting ready. Great colours here, great patterns and lovely looks. Hope you're feeling better, hon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! It's true, a formula, and planning your outfits in advance is such a good idea.

      Delete
  2. Sickness (family) can definitely throw you for a loop Mica. Hope all is well with everyone. I love blazers! They can really pull an outfit together. Pretty prints <3 Love both looks.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The French Connection skirt is so cute, I think I have a skirt with a similar print that I haven't worn for ages. I love that you added similar designs at the bottom of the post, I will check them out asap. I love print clothing, especially for spring. Have a lovely Monday Mica xx

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope I can inspire you to pull out your similar skirt!

      Delete
  4. Love this! Also love the adorable pooch in the back!

    http://talesoftwoblog.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your office style. The skirts are amazing! Have a great week.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outfit planning is crucial as a working mum - there's so little time in the morning to get yourself AND little ones organised! The blazer is perfect - not too heavy for that QLD summer :) Sounds like the household is still under a bit of a sickness cloud - hope everyone gets better soon - it's definitely not a good time to be stuck in the house! xx

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really saves so much time in the mornings!

      Delete
  7. Hope you're all feeling better now! I usually lay my outfits out the night before too, just saves rushing round in the morning and makes me feel a bit more put together! The skirt is lovely :)
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does help me feel more pulled together!

      Delete
  8. I love both of these outfits, Mica! The first skirt is really pretty and looks great with the statement necklace and gold mouse flats. They are such cute shoes! You would never know you were sick at the time: you look fab, Mica! I also love the second skirt and it looks great paired with your turquoise necklace. Hope you have a great week and that the heatwave doesn't come back! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! I think planning things out in advance helps me look more pulled together!

      Delete
  9. Happy new week Mica! I really love the printed skirts. The skirts can easily transition from day to night. ...very cute looks and the blazer pulls it together beautifully. When I used to work a job I would plan out my outfits as well. It always gave me extra time to read our journal my thoughts. This helped me to get my day off to a fresh start.

    I pray you and your family are doing well. Have a blessed week!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Journalling is a great way to use those extra few minutes pre planning outfits gives you!

      Delete
  10. what a great bag and that skirt is so cute ♥
    xx
    Selina | Selinas Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad, the boys are better now. Loved how you styled these skirts, Mica. You look so pretty as always. Your LV bag is gorgeous. Have a nice week ahead. xx

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love your skirts! Very fun and so pretty! Have a great week!
    Peace!
    Cheryl
    https://www.northwestmountainliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great styling, I really like the print - so pretty!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear the boys are ok, Mica:) And love both outfits as well. That blazer is such a great piece...it can go casual to business no problem. And you know...getting your outfit ready the night before is a great tip. I don't plan that far ahead, but I should really start doing that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can try that tip and you have good luck with it! :)

      Delete
  15. I'm glad to hear you are all feeling better. I don't have small kids so I have more time at the disposal in the morning but your idea of planning the outfits and setting them out the day before sounds brilliant to me. I loved both outfits, they're both elegant and chic. That statement necklace is super lovely...I use the same trick too. When I feel tired, I wear statement necklaces or colourful scarves, anything that will make my face look less tired...and I think this trick really works, especially if one loves colour, then one can automatically feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana, I hope setting your outfits out helps! It's nice to see I'm not alone with the colourful things to distract when not looking or feeling the best too!

      Delete
  16. Both of those skirts are so fun, and I love how they stand out against the black. Sometimes you just need a fun statement piece to bring new life to your basics, and skirts like that are perfect for that. I hope you (and the rest of your family) are feeling better now!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The skirt is adorable girl, I love the second one because it adds more color to the outfit!

    Camila,
    My Vogue Style | www.myvoguestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great outfits! I think laying out your outfits beforehand is a great idea. I remember my mum used to tell me that when I was younger, it alleviates so much stress of rushing in the morning. Have a great new week, dear./Madison
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good tip, glad your mum passed it on!

      Delete
  19. Happy start to the week! The blazer is gorgeous and I love the way you paired it with this outfit. You're very well out together for a sick person! If it was me I look like a total mess haha

    Stacey, thebambieyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like both looks and could not agree more on preparing looks in advance.
    Sometimes I am inspired and put together up to ten looks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could be that organised and plan in advance!

      Delete
  21. Blazers are always a perfect finishing touch! And both of those skirts are so fun! I always used to pick out my clothes the night before when I worked in an office. So much easier! :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your outfit it looks amazing!
    Please visit my Blog!

    http://www.alessabernal.com/
    Alessa Bernal

    ReplyDelete
  23. I swore by laying out my outfits the night before when I used to work in an office. It saved time and let me sleep a few minutes longer in the morning ;p These looks are a great combination of feminine chic. Blazers are such a wonderful way to pull office looks together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, those extra few minutes are the best!

      Delete
  24. During my maternity leave I have gotten out of the habit of laying out my clothes, but I know I will need to start again as my maternity leave ends! I do lay out my children's clothing and that helps a lot! I love how pretty your skirts look here! I am looking forward to wearing skirts more when I go back to work (although not looking forward to going back if that makes sense! Haha!). Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I lay out the boys clothes too, it really helps! I know how you feel about the return to work too!

      Delete
  25. The last few hours before a leave are always hectic. I don't like leaving loose ends either, so I keep rushing to get everything done and end up exhausted.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's so stressful when that happens!

      Delete
  26. Sorry to hear your boys have been unwell, though happy to hear you're all healthy again now! The mood-boosting dress you chose to wear on your one day into the office that week is lovely - very cheerful :) Hope this week is a much calmer one for you (and one that sees you able to wear all of your pre-planned outfits! haha) :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabrielle, pulling on a pretty dress is a good go-to!

      Delete
  27. I like to plan my outfits too either the night before or the week ahead but sometimes things doesn't always go as planned and there are my go to's. I hope you and family are feeling better. It's terrible whatever this unusual weather we are having and what's going around. My son and I are barely back to normal this week and keeping my fingers crossed we are healthy for awhile. I love both of your floral skirts. The florals and colors just have that uplifting mood and what a great way to feel better and get motivated. Also really love your handbag. It's such a great piece and just goes so well with your outfits. I hope your day is going well so far!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you've been sick, I hope you're feeling better soon too!

      Delete
  28. Both of those skirts have such fun prints! Love how you styled them!

    District of Chic

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think planning outfit can save a LOT of time for me! However, I don't why I still spend so much time in the bedroom. Probably walking around and trying on this and that lol Anyway, love your look !


    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I try to plan outfits the night before. Usually I have two I can choose from so I can throw on and go! Hope your little ones are feeling better!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  31. You look so chic going to work looking like that.
    I hope your boys will get well soon.

    Definitely diggin' those skirts.

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cute skirts! So sorry about that late hospital night dash! That sounds scary. On a positive note, I see your cute puppy in the background ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was pretty scary but it all turned out okay in the end!

      Delete
  33. Sorry to hear the boys have been sick. Glad everyone is better now. I remember the first skirt from a previous post, I loved it then and still love it now!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am sorry you all haven't been feeling well, I hope you feel better soon. Love both of these looks, the prints are so fun!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. That's so smart that you plan them out ahead of time, Mica!! I used to do that too!!
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sorry to hear the boys god sick! Glad they're feeling better!
    And I love the skirts in both outfits! Definite mood boosters too, I would imagine! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  37. Loved the statement necklace with the very beautiful skirt, they do work together - that skirt is one of my favorite here! I liked the bag, as usual, you have very good taste! But I also loved the second necklace with the outfit - I am a necklace lover, yes I am :) You look very sweet and beautiful with both combinations! Hope you have a lovely evening!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ah, sorry! The boys being sick and hospital asks for a mood boosting outfit - I agree. Hope all are fine!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm glad the boys are feeling better! You know, before Eddie and I got married, I was SUPER organized and a major perfectionist. He is the exact opposite and after having been married and living together for so many years (13 years to be exact) I've toned it down a lot. Now that I have Aviah, I'm learning that it's a MUST to be super organized again or else I find myself extremely stressed and overwhelmed and nothing gets done, which gives me anxiety. So a major yes to having your outfits planned. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, I need to be a little organised to get a head start in the morning as a mum!

      Delete
  40. Love a good blazer- such a versatile piece!

    Hope the boys are feeling better and back to 100%!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great looks! I like how you paired the colourful skirt with the green necklace!

    Marije | thegfguide.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hate it when the kiddos get sick but good to know they are better now, Mica! And I love both outfits on you! you make me want to give midi skirts another try.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh goodness, I am so glad to hear everyone is alright. So smart to tuck your peplum into a skirt to get more wear out of it. I like the print of your skirt.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like trying to find new ways to wear things!

      Delete
  44. Oh this is a great look for the office. Zara makes some excellent blazers, I have one in pale pink, I had a white one but lost. Was having lunch with a French blogger that i know how was visiting New York and I left it on a chair.

    Fun skin too!

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I hope that the heatwave has passing by.. you look Wonderful in both looks. And i like your bag a classic model of the brand..
    Xoxo from Portugal

    marisascloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love pretty much everything from Zara and this jacket is such a beauty!! xx

    http://www.elegantduchess.com/2018/01/12/red-black-midi-pencil-work-dress-elegant-duchess/

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love the skirt/dress combination. That's a really pretty print on it, perfect for livening up feeling sick. I'm glad your boys are better, there's so much going around. At first I didn't notice there were 2 different skirts here, but I can't even decide which one I like the most out of them, ha ha.

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha they are very similar skirts and outfits!

      Delete
  48. Oh I love these outfits so much! The style is somethign I'd definitely wear for work. The golden ballerinas are gorgeous! I love the pattern on the skirts as well. I'm glad your children are okay now <3
    have a lovely rest of the week!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I have a Neverfull too, and I use it for everything! Great for a trip and great to take to the office to carry all your stuff in :) I love the color of yours! Hope your first week back at work went OK!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  50. Such a cute look with the peplum tucked in. I love the higher waisted skirt. I'm all about high waisted jeans and love it for skirts too!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  51. The pattern on that skirt is so unique I love it! The colours suit you so well :)

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. I second the getting out the door on time with two littles by planning everything you can the night before. lol Occasionally, I will change my mind in the morning about what I want to wear, but rarely do I have time to be picky. (;

    That skirt is just so fun and I see why you like it so much! The cut is super flattering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yes, quite a few times I just wear something even if I don't love it as I run out of time to change!

      Delete
  53. Thanks all for your kind comments and get well wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...