Friday 8 June 2018

Maxi Dresses and Kimonos With Purple Mini MAB Bag

Kimonos work just as well with maxi dresses as they do with denim. While kimonos and shorts was a summer staple for me, with the cooler weather the extra coverage a maxi dress gives makes it a better option for autumn. Especially when you add a pair of ankle boots too. For a little extra colour, I wore both of these maxi dress outfits with my purple Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag.

What I wore:

black and white monochrome kimono and maxi dress outfit with purple accessories | awayfromblue

bracelet stack with Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum on wrist | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue instagram black maxi dress printed kimono purple accessories
Jacket: The Kindness Collective 'Vienna Awaits' floral print kimono
NecklaceNibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
Dressblack Jeanswest halterneck maxi dress
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum

Why I wore it:

The Kindness Collective had a sale on kimonos a couple of weeks before Mother's Day, so the boys picked me out one each. My eldest picked this one, and I love the classic black and white with the floral print. I decided to keep things simple when I wore this to playgroup, with a black maxi dress and purple accessories for just a little bit of colour. Since it was a little chilly, I added the black ankle boots. It is the perfect way to make your maxi dresses work in spring or autumn.


I really liked this outfit - a simple combination with a fun pop of colour through accessories is a formula I default to easily. Even if the black maxi dress was quickly dirtied by toddler hands, haha!


Last worn: black halter neck maxi dress, black ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB Tote. First time I've worn the kimono on the blog.

Other ways to wearhalter neck maxi dress and winter layers, black ankle boots worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB Tote and printed jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyblack halter neck maxi dress in third trimester, black ankle boots in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB Tote in third trimester.


Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB Tote Review & Contents








What I wore:

purple zig zag print kindness kimono with tie dye maxi dress autumn boho style | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum | away from the blue

awayfromblue instagram tie dye maxi dress purple kimono mini MAB tote bag autumn style
Jacket: The Kindness Collective 'Kaleidoscope Dreams' printed kimono
Necklace: Nibbly Bits BB plum silicone teething necklace
DressJeanswest 'Elodie' tie dye grey jersey maxi dress
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum

Why I wore it:

This is what I wore on Mother's Day. I was spoiled with breakfast in bed and my boys made some cute gifts, as well as picking out the kimonos. I wanted to give this one a try right away to challenge myself as it seemed like the harder one to wear with the mix of colours in the zig zag print.

With purple being the dominant colour in the print, I decided to once again pull out the purple accessories. This plum Nibbly Bits teething necklace goes so nicely with the purple mini MAB tote bag.

Perfect outfit for spending some time at home relaxing and then heading down the coast to celebrate Mother's Day with my mum and family. Was comfortable all day.


Last worn: tie dye maxi dress, black ankle boots (above), Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB Tote (above). First time I've worn the kimono on the blog.

Other ways to weartie dye maxi dress and denim jacketblack ankle boots worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB Tote and band tee.

Perfect for pregnancytie dye maxi dress at 38 weeks, black ankle boots and pregnancy announcement, Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB Tote and maternity shorts.



Kimonos Under $50:






How You Can Wear It:

You don't have to pack your kimonos away when the weather starts to cool! Swap out the summer shorts for something with a little more coverage like a maxi dress or jeans and you can continue to wear your colourful kimonos at the start of autumn or end of spring. A kimono is such a perfect topper with a maxi dress for an easy boho outfit too.


Linking up with Flashback Fashion, Lizzie In Lace, Friday Faves, Style Nudge, Mix It Monday, Modest Monday, Hello Monday, On Mondays We Link Up, Trend Spin.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

58 comments:

  1. Cutest purple bag ive seen.
    You look so pretty Mica!

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute that your boys each picked out a kimono for you for Mother's Day! They have great taste! ;) These kimonos are so pretty and versatile. I especially like your second outfit, Mica! I love all of the purple! Each item complements the other and looks fabulous on you. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this first dress, so cute!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: LACE AND TULLE DRESS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple is my favorite color so I'm loving all of the purple here. And the black/white combo with the purple bag is so striking! Good luck at the birthday party this weekend - hope everything goes to plan!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! it was an awesome party :)

      Delete
  5. I love that you let your boys help pick out your clothes...that's such a great idea, Mica!!
    And kimonos are one of my go to's in the summer!! They cover nicely but aren't too hot!!
    Great outfits, and have a wonderful weekend!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do a good job sometimes! :) I really like these kimonos they picked!

      Delete
  6. Aaaaw...your boys did well picking out the kimono, Mica:) You look fab in both outfits. You really do know how to style maxi dresses!
    Have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a great mother's day. Kimono's are a must have in any closet. Like you said you can do so much with them. I even wore my kimono when I was pregnant. Have a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I loved mine so much in pregnancy too!

      Delete
  8. This is a perfect combo for the autumn months. I like both pairings. Glad you had a nice mother's day.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so sweet that your boys picked out the kimonos! Good choices and of course they're perfect in your wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they picked such great pieces for me!

      Delete
  10. The pop of purple is a really good idea, I love the shape and style of the bag too - lovely post and great outfits by the boys!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mini mab is such a cute bag! I wanted to love it, but felt like it was just a bit too small to function as a daily bag for me. I still think about it though, haha.

    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a cute bag, but definitely too small for an everyday bag! I really like it just for the essentials!

      Delete
  12. Your boys picked out clothing? That is so cute! I wonder what would happen if my kids picked up some makeup for me...

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With it being a kimono sale they really couldn't go wrong, haha! It would be fun if they got some makeup for you!

      Delete
  13. I do like how you paired the kimonos with maxi dresses. Both outfits are stylish and pretty. The mini purple bag is very pretty.

    Have a great weekend! I hope all goes well with the birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these two kimonos you've got here. I really like the purple look with the tie die dress!
    Have a lovely day!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I always adore your maxi dresses! You look beautiful and as always you accessorized it perfectly. Kinomos are great layering pieces and you have a cute collection.

    That was so super sweet of your boys:) I pray you and your family have a wonderful weekend!

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiff! It was so sweet of them!

      Delete
  16. That kimono is so pretty! I love all the prints and floral tones that scream summer <3 that bag is also super cute and I've been meaning to look for a similar design. I'll need to take note of the colour too!

    Stacey, thebambieyes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great for autumn here too - it's cold here in Brisbane at the moment!

      Delete
  17. Aww, I love that your boys picked out those kimonos for you, what a sweet gift. Plus, they did a great job, I love those fun prints!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your default outfit is a very chic one. I love the mini Mab it in that pretty purple color. I am so glad you were able to enjoy Mother’s Day and you were spoiled by your family. Well deserved! I love the Kimonos that the boys picked out !
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle. Hope you had a lovely mother's day too!

      Delete
  19. What a gorgeous bag, I really like the shape and style and the colour is beautiful! Great pictures too!!
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  20. That second outfit is stunning! I adore the purple tones to it, and of course love the bag!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cute that the boys each picked out a kimono for you! That's a perfect gift for you! I never would have thought to pair kimonos and maxi dresses, but they look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a nice option with a maxi dress! :)

      Delete
  22. I kind of want to raid your closet someday - you have such a great collection of maxis and purses! Love both looks, as usual!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! I love both maxi dresses and handbags!

      Delete
  23. Hello Mica
    You know i m a big fan of kimonos too.
    I have several. I like most the second look and i think your boys would be proud of their mother.
    Xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marisa, very kind of you to say!

      Delete
  24. The kimono with the black dress looks outstanding Mica !
    I wore a kimono over a maxi dress a few months ago and it was inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a cute tote, and I love that it's purple!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have a plain black maxi dress and for some reason never thought of add a kimono, but I love it! All the purple in your second outfit works so well together! They are both beautiful kimonos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could introduce you to the idea!

      Delete
  27. Cute bag.
    Great video.
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. That bag is so pretty and the colour of it is gorgeous! Love the first outfit because you can never go wrong with a plain black maxi dress! There are so many ways to style it.

    KHVDIJA| http://www.khvdija.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! A black dress is a staple!

      Delete
  29. So loving your kimonos, the prints and colours are very attractive. Nice to see them paired with maxi dresses too. Wishing you have a happy and fun long weekend.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good to know that all went well with the birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely kimonos, and styling with these maxis, Mica! I saw a bunch of kimonos in my shopping adventures, but resisted due to Vizzini-tempting fringes and beads! I was thinking of yours - it was so hard not to get them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, I'm lucky Cooper doesn't have much interest in those things! I do like the kimonos you already have! :)

      Delete
  32. Your kimono is sooo pretty!

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the color of that bag so much! And I love the kimonos with both dresses. I agree that they are a great transitional piece when worn this way! Definitely boho chic!
    Caryl | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. How adorable that your boys chose the kimonos! They definitely know how to pick cute ones :) Your Mother's Day sounds wonderful! Hubby let me sleep in, that was just what I needed that day!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks you all for the kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...