Friday 10 June 2016

Jeanswest Alice Australian Wool Cardigan, Printed Shirts and Skinny Jeans

I bought this wool cardigan at the start of Autumn after seeing it on the Jeanswest site, and I'm so glad I did as it's been really cosy for the cooler mornings. Being petite I wanted to try it on in store first before I bought it to make sure it didn't swamp me. I liked the way it looked and picked it up for 40% off. I love maxi skirts and dresses, and I credit my recent love of maxi cardigans on the Friends reruns on 9 Gem!

What I wore:

AwayFromBlue | Jeanswest Alice Australian Wool Cardigan skinny jeans printed shirt

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum faux fur pom pom charm
SunniesRay-Ban new Wayfarers (30% off at Nordstrom!)
JacketJeanswest Alice longline Australian wool cardigan
Shirt: Target blue abstract floral print shirt
JeansJeanswest Super Skinny Jeans in Mid Indigo
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats (on sale in black!)
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

I wore this after a really cold day and I expected this day to be equally cool. It wasn't and I was definitely overdressed in this when it heated up later in the day. The cardigan didn't stay on long as I ran between appointments. I optimistically had baby boy's 6 week checkup in the morning followed by my post birth follow up with a physio.

Although we made it to everything on time, toddler T's nap and lunch times got messed around a little and he was not so happy - I paid for it in the afternoon with a cranky toddler, haha! Thankfully we were home by then though. With two under 2, I'm not looking forward to the day toddler T has his first tantrum in public...


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, wool cardigan, blue floral shirt, skinny jeans, gold mouse flats, purple mini MAB tote.

Other ways to wearmaxi cardigan and flares, blue floral shirt in the office, skinny jeans layered up for winter, gold mouse flats in the office, purple mini MAB tote and a pink dress.



More cosy grey cardis under $100:








What I wore: 

AwayFromBlue | mixed print shirt long wool cardigan red skinny jeans SAHM style

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey with blue Coach twilly
SunniesRay-Ban new Wayfarers (30% off at Nordstrom!)
Jacket:  Jeanswest Alice longline Australian wool cardigan
ShirtJeanswest 'Ruby' mixed print shirt
Jeans: Emerson red skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats (on sale!)
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey (on sale in blue!) with blue Coach twilly

Why I wore it:

Another printed shirt, cardi and jeans combo. Although not the best outfit for the weather, I liked the first outfit combination so was happy to try it again. Busy morning taking baby boy for a checkup and spending time with my family in the afternoon.

As it's the second time I've worn this cardigan on the blog and I'm reviewing everything I buy after wearing it twice to make sure I'm learning from what I add to my wardrobe, my purchase review:

I'm so pleased I picked up this cardi - especially as I snagged it on sale before it started to sell out. I did wonder if the wool would be too warm for our mild Brisbane winter weather, but it's a lovely layering piece that keeps me cosy on a cool morning but doesn't feel too bulky. I'm pleased I bought this, it's been worn a lot already.


My bestie sent me the very cute Coach twilly I tied on my bag. I loved the way it looked, however the knot I tied kept coming undone so I'll have to think of another way to wear it that keeps it safe from little grabby hands. I wear my Hermes twillies as bracelets around my wrist sometimes, but that's not ideal for life with baby.


Last worn: wool cardigan (above), mixed print shirt, red skinny jeans, silver ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag. First time I've worn the twilly as it was a recent gift.

Other ways to wear: long cardigan and navy tank, mixed print shirt and shorts, print mixing and red skinny jeans, silver ballet flats and a wrap dress, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag and a maxi dress.










Linking up with Passion for Fashion, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Let It Shine, Shoe and Tell.





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

65 comments:

  1. love the colours
    http://carrieslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that long wool cardi looks great in both outfits...the first one is so lovely and chic, but I think I prefer the second one because I'm a great fan of bold colours and those red pants just pop!!!!

    you look great...very fresh! Who would have guessed you gave birth not too long ago? btw both of these bags are to die for...that purple one is so wow and the grey one is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, thank you! I'm lucky baby boy likes his sleep so I often get 4 uninterrupted hours at night.

      Delete
  3. The cardigan looks so comfy, love both of the bags to it! Especially the purple one! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cardigan looks so comfy and yet stylish. You look amazing.
    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cardigan! It's a great length! I really love a duster! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always wear the cutest bags! I love maxi cardigans too. They help to add length to the underneath layers, not to mention they help keep me warm. Love your outfits with it :)

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com/utilitarian/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It always feels rewarding when you pick up an item and after wearing it you know you made a wise decision by taking it home :)
    Oh and I like your new Coach twillie, such a nice bestie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm so lucky she gave it to me! Will have to think of a different way to wear it or another bag to tie it too, the strap moving around means it doesn't work well on that bag :(

      Delete
  8. That cardigan looks awesome on you Mica! Did they have it in other colors? You should get it in black also. LOL Looks so good and what a great deal. It also looks soft & comfortable. Love it with red girl! You look great!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe they only had it in grey - probably a good thing for my bank balance!

      Delete
  9. That cardigan is gorgeous! It looks amazing quality. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the long cardigan! :)

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute, cozy-looking cardigan! I'm really loving the longer length too. Oh boy, a morning trip to 2 doctor appointments with 2 kiddos in tow does sound exhausting! Glad you survived, but sorry about the cranky toddler. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens sadly! The price we had to pay for getting everywhere on time! At least we were at home for most of the crankiness :)

      Delete
  12. I Love both handbags, the purple and gray ❤️
    Have a fab weekend
    xxx
    www.travelera.es

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man, those tantrums.... Ours are just starting to get bad. So far, we've only had one in public, I can't imagine how rough it is with two little guys! haha Hang in there!

    This cardigan has earned it's place in your wardrobe for sure!!! I love how it seems to compliment anything you pair it with! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cardigan is a great piece! :)

      Tantrums can be so tricky....I guess I'll report back on how I handle it in public with two little ones wen it happens. It's sure to be soon, haha!

      Delete
  14. I have a long cardigan but it's very light and I definitely need a heavier wool one. It didn't even crossed my mind that I needed one but after seeing how versatile it is and how easily it goes with many outfits, I am convinced I need to add one in my wardrobe.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is perfect, so cosy with the wool :)

      Delete
  15. Wow, Mica, I'm loving the way you've styled your wool cardigan in both these looks, so stylish! I honestly can't say I love one more than the other, I'd wear both of them! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you have a great weekend ahead, beauty!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this long cardigan but more than that the classy but funny way you styled it with the right accessories! Happy to discover your blog along the way :D

    Have a great weekend!
    Pablo
    Fungi Express blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad it gave you a giggle and you found it funny ;)

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. I recommend this one! Really cosy! :)

      Delete
  18. I picked up a maxi cardigan while I was in the UK - I love it. It's like a Goldilocks cardigan; not too thick, not too thin, but just right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those kind of cardis (like this one!) are the best :)

      Delete
  19. The cardi looks lovely on you. I am not sure a longer carid would suit my round shape, but my eldest daughter also looks lovely in one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try! :) I am pleased I tried this one on instore, wasn't sure how it would work being petite.

      Delete
  20. Congratulations on baby number 2!
    I am a huge fan of cardigans. They are the only good thing about winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I like winter layering, nice change from summer although it won't be long before I"m missing the heat, haha!

      Delete
  21. What a versatile piece! It looks great on you!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a very stylish cardigan hun. Pairing it with the jeans is a great idea. I also like your idea of reviewing items twice. There's no reason we have to buy something new for every single post. At least that's my thoughts on the matter anyway.

    Have a beautiful day
    KaSonndra
    http://livewellbefabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! I'm always rewearing things, I'm just sharing what I actually wear and no-one wears every outfit just once (except maybe a celebrity, ha!).

      Delete
  23. I love the second outfit!! super cute. :)

    STYLE WITHOUT LIMITS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Long cardigans are the best. I must say your bags are very chic. :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love wool cardis they are the best, the are my go to during fall :) You look stunning x

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  26. That cardigan looks super cozy and chic! And it looks great with both outfits!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  27. The wool cardigan looks like an excellent addition to any wardrobe and goes well with both looks. Your post reminds me I should get out my red jeans and pink jeans soon. Loving the gold Marc Jacobs flats as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love a pair of pink jeans! :) It's certainly jeans weather here in Brisbane.

      Delete
  28. Cute outfits! I too need to try on oversized/long pieces to make sure they don't overwhelm me, so I could definitely relate to that struggle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the problems of being petite, haha!

      Delete
  29. Hehe cute doggie in the background! I love long cardigans, they're cozy and practical! I really like your second look, I want to get some bright red jeans too!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite versatile! I like wearing mine :)

      Delete
  30. Im lovin your jeans
    This is a perfect work outfit.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would make nice casual Friday outfits, yes :)

      Delete
  31. I love long wool cardigans, they are amazing for layering and so comfy around the house as well.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are - and you need comfy with a baby! :)

      Delete
  32. You are absoluting rocking these maxi cardigans! Your berry-hued bag is so stunning too

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love this long wool cardigan and you look great in both outfits! I am crazy about the purple bag in the first one!
    Thanks for sharing these looks!
    Julia xx
    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those red pants look so good on you! I would love to wear the red pants as well but I don't know what to match with haha.

    www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They go with so many things! They work nicely with grey like I've worn them here :)

      Delete
  35. I'm obsessed with skinny jeans, they are the easiest thing to just throw on and dress up or dress down, as you yourself have proved! :-)

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! My favourite style of jeans :)

      Delete
  36. Great cardigan! It looks great with both outfits! Great red jeans, too!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  37. That is a great cardigan! I love those style of things for layering. Your greys and reds in the second outfit make for a really fun combo.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  38. In the second look I really like your red skinny jeans and that cardigan is always good to have in hand because it's stylish,but also keeps you nice and warm.

    http://fashionradi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Why is your little pooch always looking at something in the background? Haha. He's so cute. Love your outfits!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I can never get him to look at the camera any more, no time! :P

      Delete
  40. love the maroon bag, really cute!

    Hannah xx
    Raspberry Kitsch | UK Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  41. That grey and red outfit is so striking ! I love that color combination!
    Red Reticule

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love that cardigan, cute dog in the background by the way :) x
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. The "Ruby" blouse is so cute - love the mixed prints.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...