Friday 24 February 2023

Colourful Kmart Linen Shorts and Camis With Tan Crossbody Bag

Coping with the Brisbane heatwave recently by wearing my Kmart linen shorts that I picked up from the opshop in December. They have really come in helpful this hot, humid summer!


What I wore:


floral knot front cami H&M and kmart linen shorts summer outfit | awayfromblue

orange linen shorts and Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond | awayfromtheblue


Cami: H&M blue floral crinkle knot front button down cami
Shorts: thrifted Kmart cumin linen blend pull on shorts
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond


Why I wore it:

This was such a hot day and I really just wanted to stay at home and chill in the aircon! Unfortunately, we had quite a few books due back to the library so I wore some simple light pieces for our trip in the heat. I wasn't too sure if this floral cami would work with the linen shorts. I love the paper bag waist, but it didn't look right tucked in as the cami is cropped, so I tried covering up the cute paper bag waist with the cami. I think it looked best this way. And I do really like blue and orange together!

This was a nice simple outfit to beat the heat. As we had the big reusable tote with us for all our library books I just carried my little Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag, a nice light crossbody. Didn't even add a necklace - really wanted to wear as little as possible!


Last worn: floral knot front cami, Kmart linen shorts, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag.

Other ways to wear: floral knot front cami and jeans, Kmart linen shorts and tucked in tee, Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag and gold knit.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag





What I wore:

mint cami with kmart fuchsia linen blend shorts sandals camera bag summer ootd | awayfromtheblue

Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond with fuchsia linen shorts | awayfromtheblue


Necklace: thrifted gold large double circle necklace
Cami: H&M mint v-neck cami
Shorts: thrifted Kmart fuchsia linen blend shorts
ShoesNovo Tawny rose gold sandals
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond


Why I wore it:

Another hot day, although thankfully not as much as the day above, had me reaching for a cami and linen shorts outfit again. I really like this Kmart fuchsia shade, it's so cheerful in my wardrobe! I've never tried green with it before though so I was excited to try this mint cami with the bold pink. I really loved this combination, and I'm glad I gave something different a try!

Kept the rest of my accessories neutral with the gold necklace and sandals, and the almond Rebecca Minkoff camera bag.

Comfortable for a day with the school run, a couple errands, and working from home.


Last worn: mint cami, circle necklace, Kmart fuchsia linen shorts, rose gold sandals, Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag (above).

Other ways to wearmint cami and denim mini, Kmart fuchsia linen shorts with yellow, rose gold sandals and maxi dress, Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag and mustard cardi.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

20 comments:

  1. Love both shorts! The green and pink combo is so pretty and unexpected. Perfect hot weather looks Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm glad I gave it a try for something different!

      Delete
  2. Two of my favorite color combos: orange & blue and green & pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me gustaron los dos outfits, en especial el segundo, el short en ese tono esta hermoso, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those gorgeous linen shorts have certainly earned their keep by now!
    We're in for another cold snap, so I cannot imagine what a heatwave feels like. I do hope it cools down for you soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! They were both very good buys!

      Delete
  5. Love the color combo of the last outfit. Have a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both outfits! The cami and shorts are the perfect combo for a hot summer day. It is both cool and airy! Your mini MAB is super cute. I love the color and the boxy look.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are such fun shorts, and I love the loose boxy cut as it makes them even more comfortable in the heat!

      Delete
  7. I like both outfits! The cami and shorts are the perfect combo for a hot summer day. It is both cool and airy! Your mini MAB is super cute. I love the color and the boxy look.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're staying cool in the middle of a heatwave! I just adore the floral cami with the linen shorts. It is the perfect pairing! I love the fuchsia linen shorts as well. So beautiful!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dressing stylishly when the temperatures are unbearably hot can be quite a challenge but it looks like you found a winning outfit formula with this lightweight cami and shorts combination. The colors in the second outfit are so fun and punchy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I gave mint and magenta a go! :)

      Delete
  10. Love the color and how comfortable they look. It's suitable for running errands.

    Bernie,
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  11. The floral pattern on cami #1 is so cute and summery! And I love the mint and hot pink together! I am definitely ready to be wearing spring clothes and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you tied up the first top that way. That's what I call being the boss of our clothes.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchfostyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes with the tie strands I guess you would call them? On it already, so it was a good choice to wear it that way :)

      Delete
  13. Both outfits are super-cute, Mica! I like the knotted detail on the first top, which defines your waist nicely. The second colour combo is awesome! I love the hot pink shorts with the sage green(?) top tucked in at the front. I loathe jewelry when it's really hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I tried the cami and the pink shorts together! I see the cami as more of a mint but either way I'm happy with how the outfit turned out :)

      Delete
  14. Thank you everyone for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...