Friday 1 May 2020

30 Ways To Wear: Navy Floral Kimono #30wears

After Monday's Ways To Wear post, I'm sharing another one as part of the monthly 30 wears series.

Each month I look through my blog archives of daily outfit pics (I have over 8 years worth!) and share with you something that's reached 30 or more wears, to give you some outfit ideas and inspiration for how you can wear something similar in your wardrobe. I started doing this monthly challenge after seeing The True Cost documentary which I highly recommend watching if you haven't already!

This month, it's this beautiful Cotton On navy floral cocoon kimono!


30 Ways To Wear: Navy Floral Kimono


30 ways to wear a navy floral kimono #30wears challenge | away from the blue blog


I've been wearing this kimono on frequent repeat recently as it was so close to 30 wears and I wanted to get it there before the cooler autumn weather set in in Brisbane. Even with isolating at home since March, I managed to hit my goal. I do wear this kimono a little in the cooler weather anyway as it's really like a giant blanket, which has made it perfect for these isolation / working from home in isolation days!

Cost Per Wear

Just like the last navy kimono I hit 30 wears with, this was another pregnancy purchase back in January 2016. It's just a floral print instead of the geometric print of my other kimono, and a cocoon style. It was originally $39.95 at Cotton On, reduced to $3 on sale at the outlet. I couldn't say no to that! At 30 wears that brings the cost per wear down to 10 cents a wear, which I'm really happy with. It's definitely been a valuable addition to my wardrobe.



Navy Floral Kimono With Yellow Tops


5 ways to wear a navy floral kimono with yellow tops denim outfits | awayfromblue

I really like blue and yellow together, and as you can see from the mix of yellow tops here this navy kimono works so well with any shade of yellow, from pastel to mustard!


Navy Floral Kimono With Black


3 navy and black outfit ideas with a navy floral kimono | away from the blue

Black and navy are another colour combination I like to wear. The neutral colours look lovely together, as you can see by how this kimono works well with the different amounts of black, like a maxi dress, tank or skinny jeans.


Navy Floral Kimono With Pink and Purple


navy floral kimono worn with pink and purple accesories | awayfromtheblue

Pink and purple are other colours that go so well with navy. I like wearing pink with this kimono as it matches the pink in the floral print, even if it's something as small as adding a pink bag to my outfit. With purple, just like with pink, any shade seems to work really well with this kimono - as you can see with the darker purple jeans, the brighter purple bag, and the lilac tee.


Floral Kimono With Prints


print mixing outfits with navy floral kimono | away from blue

I've tried print mixing with this floral kimono a few times, with mixed results! While none of these outfits are ones I'd repeat again, I do think stripes and florals are always a fun mix, and maybe I just haven't found the perfect stripe to pair with this kimono yet!


Navy Floral Kimono With Green


5 ways to wear a navy kimono floral print with green | away from blue

This is a colour combination I wasn't too sure about a few year ago, it's only recently I've been trying navy and green together. In fact some of these outfits were my first few attempts at the navy and green combination! Olive green or a true bright forest green both work equally well with this navy kimono.


Navy Floral Kimono With Grey


4 outfit ideas floral navy kimono with grey tee | awayfromblue

A grey tee is a wardrobe staple for me and something I wear frequently. I've perviously shared 30 ways to wear a grey tee, and a kimono is a frequent go-to topper for me over a grey tee to stop an outfit looking too plain. This kimono certainly adds a lot of print and colour to a basic grey tee!


Navy Floral Kimono With A Baby Bump


maternity outfits with a navy floral kimono away from the blue blog

This kimono was an early third trimester pregnancy purchase and I enjoyed wearing it in that final trimester! I had a third trimester capsule wardrobe I stuck to in my last pregnancy and I found kimonos like this one really helped change up my outfits a little so it didn't feel like I was wearing the same thing over and over. A kimono is a fun topper over a basic maternity tank, and it always fits no matter how big the bump gets!



Navy Floral Kimonos Under $50:






More Outfit Ideas:

For more outfit inspiration and ideas, you can view all 30 ways I've worn this kimono in my blog archives, or browse the complete 30 wears series.

Similar Posts In The 30 Wears Series:



Linking up with On Mondays We Link Up, Ageless Style.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

84 comments:

  1. Such a lovely kimono hon. And you styled it in so many ways, wow!
    Happy Friday and thanks for sharing
    xo
    Stella
    www.stellaasteria.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post,love the ideas!You look amazing as always <3
    Thanks for sharing!
    beautyqueen000.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kimonos, and this one really suits you!

    Would you like to became friends? I follow you ❤️

    Shades of Silvie

    Have a lovely day, and stay safe ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have really made that such a versatile piece!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cost per wear is incredible! What a great find. Have a super weekend Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE that kimono! It is gorgeous and I love how many different ways it can be worn. What a beautiful and versatile piece to have in your wardrobe!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are truly the style win of kimono. I hope you have a great weekend. I will be working all weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do love my kimonos! Sorry you had to work!

      Delete
  8. I love the kimono with the pink top, it really brings out the colour in the floral pattern :)

    xo Sarah | Oomph London

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so chic
    and you've used that kimono in so many stylish ways.
    stay safe ♥

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so nice in the kimono and I love the many ways you styled it. Hope you have a nice weekend Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, girl! Good for you! That's a lot of cute outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many great ways to wear the navy kimono. Loving the floral print!
    Hope you're doing well over there! We're having another month of shelter in place order...
    Keep safe!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you stay safe! They have started relaxing restrictions here! :)

      Delete
  13. I love that a kimono! So pretty! And I will say definitely an excellent investment. Do you keep track of it your cost per wears on a spreadsheet?

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I try record what I paid for things on the blog so I can look back and see how much I paid for things and what the cost per wear is once I get to 30 wears! the blog is a great outfit diary!

      Delete
  14. It's such a great piece. Yay for finally hitting the 30 wears mark!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would say 10c is a great cost per wear! It is so versatile and I like the darker background. It will take me a while to get my kimonos to that many wears, I do not reach for them very often.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find I reach for them a lot, but because I have so many it takes me a while to hit 30 wears with them, haha!

      Delete
  16. That kimono is such a great statement piece in itself and all the ways you've come up with to wear it show how incredibly versatile it is. Great job on the cost per wear. That's my favorite metric for assessing the value of my wardrobe pieces. Happy weekend Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really interesting thing to calculate!

      Delete
  17. I really love a Kimono, they are so easy to style. I can see here you have enjoyed styling yours. I hope you and your family ate doing well : ) xo

    www.juanitalikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This floral kimono is probably one of my fave pieces of yours. Really so versatile, and you look great in it:) So crazy how you've worn it so many times and it still looks new!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I'm hugely impressed at how quickly you got your 30 wears in on this great piece, Mica! You are the Queen of Kimonos! This one is such a great pattern and colour mix. I really like it with turquoise, and I agree, the black and white or navy/white stripe is an excellent pattern mix. Navy/white polka dots would also look good with it.

    Have a wonderful weekend, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I do love my kimnonos, and this one goes with so many colours! :)

      Delete
  20. I love your 30 wears goal! Congrats on getting that cost per wear down, and I love having that archive of outfits to look back on and see all the ways a piece has been styled.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love kimonos and have so many in my collection, as they're so versatile and comfortable to wear too! xo

    Makeup Muddle

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think your '30 ways to wear' are really impressive! A kimono is so comfortable like a huge blanket indeed. Therefore I also like poncho's so much! I hope you're having a great weekend at home with your family dear.

    Xx, Layla Rosita | www.laylarosita.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is my favorite kimono on you! I love the vibrant florals. Hope you have a great weekend!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohh I want to check out this documentary. You're always wearing such stylish and pretty kimonos. Beautiful my friend.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love all these ways and you are so sweet... Have a beautiful day!
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a lovely kimono, Mica! It looks lovely every way you've worn it! I've been really into kimonos and shrugs lately! They really make an outfit instantly more colourful and fun! Hope you're having a lovely long weekend! Take care, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! I love my kimonos for this reason too!

      Delete
  27. You always share lovely items. Great
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2020/04/goli-nutrition-world-first-apple-cider.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've always admired your way with kimonos, Mica, and this navy one is certainly one of my favourites. Well done on reaching 30 wears. I guess many more will follow! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it certainly will get worn more! :)

      Delete
  29. The Queen of Kimono strikes again! I love the pop that this gorgeous kimono adds to even the simplest of outfits and as you've proved, it's such a surprisingly versatile piece!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! It is so versatile! :)

      Delete
  30. What a sensational post. Love this idea. It is just crazy how the same piece can look so different and be worn so many ways. I don't think I have ever worn a kimono with shorts but have seen several gals styling them that way and will be trying that AS SOON AS I CAN GO SOMEWHERE!!! Pattern mixing is such fun. And your baby bump is a great accessory. You are adorable in every outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have a lot of fun putting these posts together each month! :)

      Delete
  31. I know I have raved about your kimono so many times, but I'm going to do it again - I just love it! It's so beautiful and I love how you've styled it so many different ways. :)

    I hope all is well with you friend, and you're enjoying your weekend!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love that you have a lot of archives for your outfits. It is amazing!! Your navy kimono looks gorgeous. I love my floral kimonos. It is great that you got yours for such a great price. You really take advantage of the cost per wear! Love that the kimono is very versatile - even for pregnancy outfits!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm glad I've been so regular with taking photos each day! :)

      Delete
  33. Loving how many outfits you made with the kimono. It's so versatile. And you look wonderful in all of them. xo Be safe

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love this kimono (obviously, with the pink and purple! :))! It's so pretty and looks so pretty on you! I would definitely wear it 30 times too!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! I wouldn't have thought that was such a versatile piece initially but you've been able to wear it so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  36. The kimono is beautiful. Also, you have such an eclectic collection of bags.
    They're all gorgeous!


    x
    https://subhamrai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love all the ways you have styled this floral kimono. You look lovely in all of these. The combinations of this floral kimono with yellow tops are fantastic...but I really like all of these. Very cute outfits.

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thumbs up for this great compilation! Love how versatile this kimono is!

    Stay safe! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    Blog: www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. You are the one that introduced me to floral kimonos and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could share the love! They are so wearable!

      Delete
  40. WOW, you are such an inspiration!! I would never have imagined there were so many different ways to wear a floral kimono! An each one looks incredibly chic!!😊😊
    I love your fabulous collection of bags too!!

    Have a super day!

    Hugs XXX

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow, that kimono really does go with everything. My favorite is with the yellow. I have one in my closet very similar - need to drag it out and wear it more. I've never thought of 'cost per wear', but that's a really good idea.
    Grace & Peace,Iris
    www.IrisOriginalsRamblings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really interesting thing to calculate! :)

      Delete
  42. Wow, there are a lot of wonderful ways to wear it! Thanks for showing it to us!

    xoxo
    Lovely

    http://mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. It's always so impressive to see how many times you wear something Mica. I always think that a kimono is such a wonderful piece. And the print mixing is one of my favorite options with it.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. So many beautiful ways to style it, I love it!!

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  45. GReat styles with the kimono :-D

    ReplyDelete
  46. Dear Mica, like you I love also wearing yellow and navy togehter and what you show as outfits with this amazing kimono looks amazing in this colour combination! I love the other outfits as well and I'm really impressed how versatile this kimono is.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Loved this! Incredible how one piece can compliment / change an outfit! I've been looking for years for a Kimono to add to my wardrobe essentials but haven't found one yet, still in the hunt for it! :)

    Hope you're doing well! Have a lovely day!
    XO, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  48. I feel like you have a great kimono collection, Mica! I wonder how many you have? :) Anyway, love kimonos and love that this one is in navy.

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot! I need to do a video of my collection one day!

      Delete
  49. I love this kimono Mica, it's so cheerful and there's just so much you can do with it! Inspirational, as always! x

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  50. Lovely outfits♥ Looks great♥ Have a nice week!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Lovely kimono!

    Carina | https://carinazz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  52. That floral kimono is so gorgeous! I would've never realized there would be so many ways to style it. Sometimes I fall into the habit of wearing a printed piece of clothing with one outfit instead of exploring. I love how you styled it with the golden yellow top! I hope you and your family are hanging in there <3

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to look back and see I've worn it so many different ways! :)

      Delete
  53. Looks great in every way! I love that you've included photos with the baby bumps - I never would have thought to gift a kimono at a baby shower, but it would be a lovely gift for mom-to-be.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they work so well for breastfeeding covers afterwards too!

      Delete
  54. I love all your kimono looks! I have a similar one, so I love all these different ideas for how to style it! I love it especially with the yellow--I'm going to have to try that combo!

    ReplyDelete
  55. The kimono is so comfortable and refreshing! It looks great on you.

    https://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  56. This is a lovely kimono. https://kaynuli.com/albina-dyla-dresses/

    ReplyDelete
  57. The navy floral kimono looks lovely on you, Mica. Love how versatile the piece is. :)

    http://lizzyslatest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  58. This blue kimono Mica is so pretty and you are amazing at styling it. Love the way you styled it. :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. That kimono is lovely and I love all the outfits you put together with it! You certainly got your money's worth!

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  60. That floral kimono is beautiful and the cost per wear is amazing! I really love how it looks paired with yellow.

    http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  61. You cannot beat 10 cents per wear ! OMG how fabulous Mica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm pleased I got such a bargain when I bought it!

      Delete
  62. Thanks all for your lovely comments! I'm glad you enjoy these posts :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...